PDA

View Full Version : Reason to re-enter Animus..

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 08:21 PM
So we know almost all the aspects of the Historical Portion of AC III, but not the reason why Desmond is going back there..
Its a new Animus, Animus 3.0
So im guessing that AC III will begin with them entering the grand temple and ultimately finding out something that forces them back to HQ and relieve Connor in the new Animus..

Other thoughts ?

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 08:22 PM
The PoE and the method of entry into the Grand Temple are obviously extremely well hidden - Abstergo is based in the US, and still hasn't managed to find these things.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I think that Desmond knows what he has to do, but not how to open the Grand Temple. I think Conner has opened and been inside the Grand Temple, and Desmond will relive Connors life to figure out how to open it. Either that or what you said...

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Still though, why relive 30 years of his life ?

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 08:26 PM
to train him again, duh

blazefp
I think that Desmond knows what he has to do, but not how to open the Grand Temple. I think Conner has opened and been inside the Grand Temple, and Desmond will relive Connors life to figure out how to open it. Either that or what you said...

I was gonna say this but you beat me. The Grand Temple is probably protected with some sort of password like the one in ACB.

D.I.D.
Assassins are history's squirrels, always burying stuff for later use. It's the only reason you'll ever need.

This reminds me of Yahtzee's review of Revelations.

Reliving the memories of an ancestor is Desmond's answer to everything. "Hey, Future Desmond, where did you leave the salad tongs?". "Wait right there while I relive the memories of an ancestor".

LightRey

Probably to avoid the bleeding effect.

kriegerdesgottes
03-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah I think Desmond's father is probably going to be like we have an ancestor who lived in this area and I heard he knew something about the location so we'll have to search his memories to find out what he knows about the temple.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 08:32 PM

I don't get what you mean. Wouldn't staying in the Animus longer make the bleeding effect worse? I would assume the reason for reliving his whole life would be for training or to find out where a certain POE or artifact is now.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 08:33 PM

I think a good explanation for this would be the explanation given in AC1 when they weren't able to access the exact memory they were looking for, I believe Desmond need to find a point in this ancestor life where he can "enter" and don't have synchronization problems...

or maybe they know "where" (through Connor) to find the answer but don't know exactly "when" (the exact moment of his life) to find it...

LightRey
03-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't get what you mean. Wouldn't staying in the Animus longer make the bleeding effect worse? I would assume the reason for reliving his whole life would be for training or to find out where a certain POE or artifact is now.

No, he needs to finish all the important memories to avoid the bleeding effect (Synch Nexus), else he'll still risk it. He already started suffering pretty significant effects after just 2 months of Alta´r's life.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 08:37 PM
No, he needs to finish all the important memories to avoid the bleeding effect (Synch Nexus), else he'll still risk it. He already started suffering pretty significant effects after just 2 months of Alta´r's life.

Aha right I forgot about the Nexus. Well then that makes sense then. How could I forget that? I was the whole point of Desmond's story in ACR hahah.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Maybe they have know which specific PoE Abstergo are looking for to power the satellite or The Grand Temple may need more than one apple to be able to work correctly.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe they have know which specific PoE Abstergo are looking for to power the satellite or The Grand Temple may need more than one apple to be able to work correctly.

Possibly, but that directly contradicts what S16 overheard from Vidic, that they just need one apple.

B_Crispino
03-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Well... since there was some info about napoleon being there (in NY, with his apple) and since i'm pretty sure i saw him in a GI scan, i'm guessing whatever they are looking for is no longer at the grand temple, i'm thinking napoleon has something to do with that and connor eventually confronts him... well.. thats my guess.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Possibly, but that directly contradicts what S16 overheard from Vidic, that they just need one apple.

Yeah thats what I was trying to say or did they get another PoE after the Denver Airport Incident?

LightRey
03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah thats what I was trying to say or did they get another PoE after the Denver Airport Incident?

Well, I can't remember what exactly Vidic said in the DLC, but I'm pretty sure he said that their satellite would only need one apple, so I don't think they already have one and need more.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 08:48 PM

And also because "this is the specific memory we are trying to access, unfortunately when we try and open the memory your mind withdraws"

What I also don't get, is that the game informer article called said that Desmond will go into the Animus 3.0. Like WUT?! That is seriously unrealistic and I can back up the point too. In Revelations they had the animus 2.1 or something. How can it possibly go up to 3.0 as soon as they step out the van.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Well, I can't remember what exactly Vidic said in the DLC, but I'm pretty sure he said that their satellite would only need one apple, so I don't think they already have one and need more.

Oh right, the need more than one PoE part of my post was saying that the Grand Temple may need more than to be correctly powered/ work correctly. The other scenario was saying that the assassins may know that Abstergo is searching for the PoE in america to power the satellite so they are trying to beat them to it or something similar.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
And also because "this is the specific memory we are trying to access, unfortunately when we try and open the memory your mind withdraws"

What I also don't get, is that the game informer article called said that Desmond will go into the Animus 3.0. Like WUT?! That is seriously unrealistic and I can back up the point too. In Revelations they had the animus 2.1 or something. How can it possibly go up to 3.0 as soon as they step out the van.

we don't know how much time Desmond stayed in coma, Rebecca might have updated the animus during this time...

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 08:55 PM
we don't know how much time Desmond stayed in coma, Rebecca might have updated the animus during this time...

Taking everything into consideration, at the very least he was in that coma for 1.5 - 2 weeks.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM

True.

The Animus could just have gotten a serious update from Rebecca. The entire 3.0 thing could just be software-related.

I'm not sure where we're getting the 1.5-2 weeks from. Last time I checked you could fly from Europe to New York within a day.

n3krOiZ
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
True.

The Animus could just have gotten a serious update from Rebecca. The entire 3.0 thing could just be software-related.

I'm not sure where we're getting the 1.5-2 weeks from. Last time I checked you could fly from Europe to New York within a day.

within a day when you are trying to scape from abstergo? NO WAY! Vidic is sexy and he knows it :D

Captain Tomatoz
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM

Maybe in the temple there's a ancient animus. (Don't know how they could fit that in the story.) This animus might be a lot more advanced than the 2 animi that abstergo and the the assassins have created. Maybe they are calling it the animus 3.0 because it's a whole new animus. :)

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 09:05 PM
True.

Yeah but they couldn't use the animus though remember? Because anything they did could of affected Desmonds state in the animus because the animus was the only thing keeping his mind from collapsing in on its self. And the 1.5 - 2 weeks thing is irrelevant, they cant upgrade the software because of what I just said. The end of revelations is them coming out of the van, im guessing that AC III starts off with them walking towards the temple, finding a block path or a talk with a god or something, then going back to the animus. It can NOT of been updated

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 09:05 PM
True.

Adding the time to view all the memories though.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Adding the time to view all the memories though.
In 2012, AC2's memories were 2-3 days.

Brotherhood's were like 3 weeks, even though they took a lot less time in history.

ION_05
03-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm thinking maybe the animus 3.0 is portable and he can only use it in combo with his unlocked sixth sense.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah but they couldn't use the animus though remember? Because anything they did could of affected Desmonds state in the animus because the animus was the only thing keeping his mind from collapsing in on its self. And the 1.5 - 2 weeks thing is irrelevant, they cant upgrade the software because of what I just said. The end of revelations is them coming out of the van, im guessing that AC III starts off with them walking towards the temple, finding a block path or a talk with a god or something, then going back to the animus. It can NOT of been updated

I don't think Rebecca would have needed the animus to work on improving the Animus' software. I'm sure she would have had all the necessary code on her computer(s). She may not have been able to update or test the Animus while Desmond was in it, but she most certainly had the means (and considering the fact that she didn't really have to do anything but monitor Desmond's vitals, the time) to work on upgrading the software.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking maybe the animus 3.0 is portable and he can only use it in combo with his unlocked sixth sense.

It's possible, in the DLC in one of Abstergos files there was something along the lines of a portable animus being considered or something. So I see no reason why the assassins couldn't have at least attempted this.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think Rebecca would have needed the animus to work on improving the Animus' software. I'm sure she would have had all the necessary code on her computer(s). She may not have been able to update or test the Animus while Desmond was in it, but she most certainly had the means (and considering the fact that she didn't really have to do anything but monitor Desmond's vitals, the time) to work on upgrading the software.

But aren't all her computers hooked up to the animus as like servers to run off? I just had a cool idea too which won't happen but what if Desmond's glowy animus arm could allow him to visit memories when he was outside of the animus. Say for an instance he was greeted by some wall blocking his way to a room in the temple and he closed his eyes and then relieved Connors memory of the experience

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
isn't Desmond's glowing arm just the apple reacting to the TWCB genes in his DNA?

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
isn't Desmond's glowing arm just the apple reacting to the TWCB genes in his DNA?

But wouldn't it have glowed at the end of ACB too if that was the case?

LightRey
But aren't all her computers hooked up to the animus as like servers to run off? I just had a cool idea too which won't happen but what if Desmond's glowy animus arm could allow him to visit memories when he was outside of the animus. Say for an instance he was greeted by some wall blocking his way to a room in the temple and he closed his eyes and then relieved Connors memory of the experience

Even if they are, that doesn't mean she can't use them and that would still leave Lucy's computer. But really we don't know anything about whether all her computers are hooked up to the Animus in the first place.

About your theory, does that mean that what you're trying to say is that the Animus 3.0 would be Desmond himself?

playassassins1
I think its software related. And Rebecca updated everything during his time in the Black Room. And i think that the update couldn't do something to Desmond, because he was in the Black room and she only updated the White Room

D.I.D.

In the hidden PL files, they showed that the first person known to have relived ancestor's memories did it in the pre-computer age through ritual alone (William Robert Woodman). So yes, it's possible within the fiction.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
About you're theory, does that mean that what you're trying to say is that the Animus 3.0 would be Desmond himself?

I guess so in a way, he would be like a walking animus where he could relive his memories as he pleases. Obviously not going to happen as I said because they have their own animus but its just a cool thought I had.

I think its software related. And Rebecca updated everything during his time in the Black Room. And i think that the update couldn't do something to Desmond, because he was in the Black room and she only updated the White Room

Maybe who knows! We will only find out when we play it and Rebecca will be say like "Hey Desmond, whilst you were in the Coma, William gave me some upgraded Animus Software, go try it out!"

twenty_glyphs
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
It's probably safe to say that Revelations took place over a period of a week or less because Rebecca said in the intro that they could keep Desmond in the Animus like he was for a few days, maybe a week. It's possible that a day or two passed in between the end of Brotherhood and the start of Revelations as well. Something has to happen to pass the final two months before 12/21 in the game's story though, so who knows if Rebecca will spend some of that time writing new Animus software.

A cooler scenario to me would be that the Assassins find an Animus waiting for Desmond inside the Grand Temple. The Game Informer article says The Truth puzzles will be returning, but won't be from Subject 16 anymore. It would be cool if Desmond was using an Animus from the First Civilization that had puzzles revealing a lot of the mysteries from the series. I could see those being left in the Animus they left behind for Desmond, and Desmond tracking them down throughout the story.

EDIT: I believe the portable Animus is the Animus 2.0 that the Assassins are already using. If it was built with Lucy's help, it's likely that Abstergo knows all about it. It's definitely portable, since it's more movable than the Animus inside of Abstergo from the first game.

ION_05
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't think its desmond himself, its more he uses his sixth sense to some how connect to the animus wirelessly

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 09:32 PM
So many questions, but so few answers.....

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
So many questions, but so few answers.....

Hopefully a few will be answered on Monday..

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Hopefully a few will be answered on Monday..
Not this one im afraid..

LightRey
03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Questions > answers anyways.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Not this one im afraid..

And that is why I am always so tempted to see Desmond story spoilers each year, its the one part of AC that always has be really curious of what is next but the one part where next to no info is given out. :(