PDA

View Full Version : Medicine

JumpInTheFire13
03-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Do you think AC3 will have medicine? I don't believe the GI article even mentioned it, but I know a lot of people have been complaining that medicine makes the game way too easy. Personally I think it will return, but it will have less of an effect and you won't be able to carry as many.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Would prefer if the healing from AC1 would return but medicine will probably stay.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm keeping shut for this one. Taking into account only 1 and 2, each major installment has had different types of health systems, this one is likely brand new, therefore I have no idea. There was no mention of health but there are still shops so a medic makes sense. We'll see.

blazefp
03-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dead_gunner187:
Would prefer if the healing from AC1 would return but medicine will probably stay.
^This though I wouldn't be very upset if they brought back the medicines, I rarely use them.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we still have medical supplies. But I'd think that being raised by the Mohawks, Connor would know some Native healing methods.

Connor might take a small amount of time to bandage himself up and do other medical stuff, or he might be able to use something that would heal him over time.

I doubt the insta-heal system is returning.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Maybe he will be able to use plants and herbs to make remedies.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM

That's what I was thinking.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I much prefer medicine over AC1's healing mechanism. AC1's healing mechanism encouraged long, uneventful battles in which all you did was counter.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I hated medicine and completed AC2, ACB and ACR by just ignoring it on first playthroughs.

blazefp
03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I much prefer medicine over AC1's healing mechanism. AC1's healing mechanism encouraged long, uneventful battles in which all you did was counter.
Nah AC1's healing encouraged stealth. Killing 10 templars was pretty hard and I tried to avoid that as much as I could but then they installed the medicines which made Ezio practically invincible.

crash3
03-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I think Connor should physically visit a doctor to cure injuries I dont think he should carry medicine on his person it makes the game too easy as we have seen in previous games. I think a quick cinematic of a doctor cleaning/bandaging connors wounds would be pretty good.

SixKeys
03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
I do hope the healing system has been somehow altered. I prefer the AC1 sync bar over AC2 and its sequels but I doubt they would go back to AC1's system. I just hope we won't get to carry so much medicine around it's ridiculous. Gradual healing over time would be good, or only being able to heal at certain checkpoints. Perhaps buying medicine should be made impossible, you could only obtain it by making it yourself from found ingredients or looting dead bodies.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Nah AC1's healing encouraged stealth. Killing 10 templars was pretty hard and I tried to avoid that as much as I could but then they installed the medicines which made Ezio practically invincible.

Yes, but it only encouraged stealth because the battles were generally so long and boring.

R_0987
03-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Why not do it like far cry 2 and have Connor perform field surgery on himself or have a apprentice (if they are back) specialize in medicine and have a field medic.

Sukramo
03-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Medicine is the worst addition ever. It single handidly killed off any combat challege. It must be removed.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Medicine is the worst addition ever. It single handidly killed off any combat challege. It must be removed.

Assassin's Creed was never about challenge.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Assassin's Creed was never about challenge.
Exactly.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Ah but thats the thing, that was AC1 combat.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Ah but thats the thing, that was AC1 combat.

True. I suppose the newer combat system might change that. However, we don't know what kinds of results this change would yield and I'm perfectly fine with the current system.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I still think that we shouldn't have automatic regen or the insta-heal medicine system from AC2-ACR

We should have a healing system that requires a 5 second or so animation. So that you can't do it in the middle of combat.

Either that or a system that you can use instantly but heals over time.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
True. I suppose the newer combat system might change that. However, we don't know what kinds of results this change would yield and I'm perfectly fine with the current system.

Yeah that is true also. However remember that the developers want us to "constantly move"? I think its a really cool addition that whilst free running away we can also engage in combat WHILST running away from a fight if needed. If there is medicine then make it in a way that makes it more real.

For example, take medicine in battle, then 1 sync block (or health bar) replaces every 2.5 seconds of not getting hit
Or, it takes 3 seconds to health a proportion of sync or health and the character has to physically have an animation of him drinking the medicine. This reduces easy fights.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 07:26 PM
That's why I think the ideal would be a type of medicine that Connor needs to apply, like bandages and such. I'd say that a 5-second animation for it would suffice.

kudos17
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
The only problem I have with medicine is I'm OCD about it. I like my health bar being full. Medicine can heal a good chunk of the health bar, but even if I take 2 blocks of damage after a battle, I'm still tempted to slam on the bu-tton. Just can't see a bar that isn't full outside of combat. Makes me... itchy​.

More of a personal dilemma, though.

EDIT: b-u-t-t in "Bu-tton" is censored? Uh, what?

n3krOiZ
03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
medicine should only be able to be used out of combat and disable you from hight profile actions for 1 minute (so you don't quit combat, get a medicine and go combat again)... that minute would have increansed health regenartion (we would regen 1square per minute but with it the game could increanse it to 1 square per 10 secs for a minute).

Plus, the normal regen would only be active when you are in low-profile.

RagingDragon14
03-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Perhaps something like the new Tomb Raider, where you can take time to patch yourself up after getting injured.

GeneralTrumbo
03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
I think they will go in a completely new direction with the ways of healing.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 11:52 PM
medicine should only be able to be used out of combat and disable you from hight profile actions for 1 minute (so you don't quit combat, get a medicine and go combat again)... that minute would have increansed health regenartion (we would regen 1square per minute but with it the game could increanse it to 1 square per 10 secs for a minute).

Plus, the normal regen would only be active when you are in low-profile.

That would suck balls. I hope they don't go this way.

ION_05
03-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Ya technically it should always just be a sync bar, because of all the stuff that happens in the animus is just a simulation and you just lose sync everytime you do something the ancestor didn't.

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Just have him cook up some native american remedies that you need to find ingredients for. Losing health will be alot more crucial now since you need to make the medicine.

imonthenet
03-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Personally I like the idea of having to physically go to a doctor to get better, it would mean if you get injured in combat you stay injured and remain so until you get yourself seen to. Maybe they could make it so if you were in a safe place (e.g. A clubhouse, or your hideoot (supposing they are it the game)) you can whip up your own concoction of 'herbs and spices' (from your own supply of ingredients) with varying results. For example using more of one type of leaf would result in a faster recovery but only of a small amoont, whereas using more mushrooms would make a slower healing 'potion' but one that recovered more health. Of course IDK what the 'health' system will be and I trust in what Ubisoft will do, this is just an idea I had and thought it was interesting. Thoughts?

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 02:48 AM
The only problem I have with medicine is I'm OCD about it. I like my health bar being full. Medicine can heal a good chunk of the health bar, but even if I take 2 blocks of damage after a battle, I'm still tempted to slam on the bu-tton. Just can't see a bar that isn't full outside of combat. Makes me... itchy​.

More of a personal dilemma, though.

EDIT: b-u-t-t in "Bu-tton" is censored? Uh, what?

I'm exactly the same! I hate seeing even a tiny bit of health depleted. You are not alone.

I forgot to but my thoughts down. I don't like the Idea of physically having to go to a doctor, because what If I'm In an unavoidable fight and I need medicine? I have no choice but to die?

I know a lot of people liked AC1's health re-gen system but by the sounds of It, combat will be more challenging In AC3, what with not being able to just stand there and block, but having to time your block. While seasoned fans would welcome slow health re-gen with the more challenging combat, newer fans would find It very frustrating I think.

I'd opt to still be able to buy medicine or even being able to make medicine, but have It In a much shorter supply than In previous titles.

JumpInTheFire13
03-04-2012, 02:58 AM
This is my favourite idea so far.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:12 AM
That would really fit this idea of him being a native american.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 03:15 AM

I suggested this too. He would be able to make his own medicine, but also buy supplies to make medicine, and he would take a few seconds to apply the medicine to himself.

He might have to buy stuff like bandages, and also have to pick herbs, and he would be able to construct First Aid kits. Sounds believable.

All Ezio had was smelling salts.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I suggested this too. He would be able to make his own medicine, but also buy supplies to make medicine, and he would take a few seconds to apply the medicine to himself.

He might have to buy stuff like bandages, and also have to pick herbs, and he would be able to construct First Aid kits. Sounds believable.

^This

egriffin09
03-04-2012, 03:22 AM
I like others idea about him making his own herbal remedies and medicines. I would also be cool if he could go see a native american spritual healer, like an old native american woman from his tribe.

JumpInTheFire13
03-04-2012, 03:25 AM

Hopefully that's in the game. A spiritual healer would be cool too.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:30 AM
I like others idea about him making his own herbal remedies and medicines. I would also be cool if he could go see a native american spritual healer, like an old native american woman from his tribe.
It would be awesome to have spiritual healers to replace doctors at certain places out in the frontier and actual doctors in the towns(totally redone, of course).