PDA

View Full Version : What will they reveal on the 5th now that everything has been leaked?

KrYpToNiC95
03-03-2012, 02:49 PM
We got a massive leak today but it has also been confirmed that the alpha version of the game is almost complete. Does this mean that we may see some footage on the 5th or will Ubisoft stick to keeping it under wraps until E3?

PS. I know some may say to search but there really wasn't a thread that relates to this.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Considering the Countdown on the Assassinscreed.ubi.com page, probably a trailer.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Massive leak today? As in massive leak on the 3rd march? What is dis massive leak?! All ive seen is screenshots and game informer stuff from the 1st

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 02:54 PM
They have already confirmed that there will be a trailer streamed live on ign.com between 4.30 and 5.30 pm GMT

KrYpToNiC95
Massive leak today? As in massive leak on the 3rd march? What is dis massive leak?! All ive seen is screenshots and game informer stuff from the 1st

As if it isn't huge before today you didn't know the period, the name of the Assassin or any photos. Think of it that way.

The13Doctors

I'll take it from here...

(Check your PMs).

GLHS
03-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's the launch trailer. Plus, they're holding a press release, and we're supposed to be getting all the info from that by the 26th. But everybody knows what hasn't already been leaked, will be before then. But yeah, look forward to a launch trailer Monday morning.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah, it's the launch trailer. Plus, they're holding a press release, and we're supposed to be getting all the info from that by the 26th. But everybody knows what hasn't already been leaked, will be before then. But yeah, look forward to a launch trailer Monday morning.

Launch trailer means a trailer released with the launch of the game release, aka, on the 30th of October.

I think you mean Teaser Trailer.

GeneralTrumbo
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Launch trailer will be coming on Monday. Game Informer with information will be coming out Monday. On the 26th we will get tons more information at the press conference. At E3 we will get tons more information and gameplay footage.

GLHS
03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Launch trailer means a trailer released with the launch of the game release, aka, on the 30th of October.

I think you mean Teaser Trailer.

Teaser, whatever. I call 'em launch trailers b/c they're the first ones. But yeah, you're right.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Teaser, whatever. I call 'em launch trailers b/c they're the first ones. But yeah, you're right.

Although there is the Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer...

KrYpToNiC95
03-03-2012, 03:00 PM

I'm a bit confused, is the press conference on the 26th or before then?

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Can't. Wait. Until. Monday...... Freaking. Out.

GLHS
03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm a bit confused, is the press conference on the 26th or before then?

The press release is Monday. That's when they reveal the first details, screens, whatever else to the companies that will be selling the games and having info about it. Then they will be publicly revealing the details to us little people on the 26th.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 03:07 PM
They cant release the same screens they gave to game informer can they? Or the same info, it renders BUYING the game informer magazine useless

GLHS
03-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Well, technically, we aren't supposed to have seen them already. But in a way, you're right. They'll probably be more of them. Then we have the trailer and even more details about Connor and his background, and maybe even more gameplay details coming. Maybe a release time period for the demo? Although I doubt it, being as early as it is, and they'll probably just wait until E3 for that. Maybe we'll get MP details too.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Well, technically, we aren't supposed to have seen them already. But in a way, you're right. They'll probably be more of them. Then we have the trailer and even more details about Connor and his background, and maybe even more gameplay details coming. Maybe a release time period for the demo? Although I doubt it, being as early as it is, and they'll probably just wait until E3 for that. Maybe we'll get MP details too.

I hope we actually see a demo this time, I was sad when I couldn't play the Revelations Demo seen before release.

WhiteSheWolf
03-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I hope we actually see a demo this time, I was sad when I couldn't play the Revelations Demo seen before release.

I asked the community managers on twitter if there was any information on a demo and the response I got was, verbatim: " I think it's a little to early to tell, but I certainly hope so myself!" from one and " It will not get answered yet, I'm afraid!"

Kavulus
03-03-2012, 03:26 PM
What about GDC? That's on monday. Maybe they'll show something then.

GLHS
03-03-2012, 03:26 PM
That's what I thought. That it was too early. That's ok though. Seriously, we all have so much information right now, that I have no probably waiting till E3 or whenever they're ready.

And I had no idea that GDC was Monday, so I'm betting that's where they're doing it at. I just thought they were holding a release. That makes more sense now though.

FrankieSatt
03-03-2012, 03:31 PM
It really doesn't matter what they show now. Since I've read that Game Informer article I've already made my mind up.

PREORDER.

Finally a TRUE Assassin's Creed Sequel

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I am getting a the best edition there is, I want a Conner statuette. Also some cool other stuff like concept art and backstory or something.

I don't know, I hope that whatever special edition they have, they make it big. Like EPIC Games did with Gears Of War 3, they had like 4 editions and a Life Sized Lancer. How about the Tomahawk? Or go big and start producing the Assassins Frock Coat :p

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I have some beef.... The animus edition for Assassin's Creed: Revelations had the Encyclopaedia of the whole AC universe. Now that AC III is coming out it kinda of makes that Encyclopaedia pointless! It would of made much more sense to of released the Encyclopaedia for AC III where it would of even tied up Connors story too and the end of Desmonds Journey. It just doesn't seem right now that the Encyclopaedia misses out the last AC game for Desmond.

SixKeys
03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I have some beef.... The animus edition for Assassin's Creed: Revelations had the Encyclopaedia of the whole AC universe. Now that AC III is coming out it kinda of makes that Encyclopaedia pointless! It would of made much more sense to of released the Encyclopaedia for AC III where it would of even tied up Connors story too and the end of Desmonds Journey. It just doesn't seem right now that the Encyclopaedia misses out the last AC game for Desmond.

This was one of the reasons I didn't bother with the Encyclopedia. I expect eventually they'll release an updated version of it with all the info we get in AC3, including the stuff we found out about Lucy in the DLC and any other modern assassins stuff.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM

You actually have a really good point here. AC3 is supposed to be a sort of pinnacle of the series, the climax of the franchise. It would make more sense to release the book then, with all updated information.

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I hope this game will be worth the pre-order.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 05:16 PM
hopefully the will announce any details we haven't heard yet, like if there is another city and stuff like that

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I hope it's a CGI trailer, but I really want to see some gameplay soon. E3 seems so far away...

FrankieSatt
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I hope this game will be worth the pre-order.

After reading the Game Informer article, it will be WELL WORTH the Pre-Order.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
If the game is finished in the next few weeks I don't see why we cant get a gameplay trailer on monday... I mean, they announced it will be finished so I don't see why not. Would be a nice surprise!

EscoBlades
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Nothing is being shown at GDC as far as i know.

Monday's showing will be the debut trailer. As for what will be in it...well, you'll have to wait a few more days to see.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
As said above, they're releasing a trailer.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
If the game is finished in the next few weeks I don't see why we cant get a gameplay trailer on monday... I mean, they announced it will be finished so I don't see why not. Would be a nice surprise!

I think it's only the 'first version' of the game that will be finished Monday. They'll still be making tweaks and changing some things for a while.

TorQue1988
03-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Nothing is being shown at GDC as far as i know.

Monday's showing will be the debut trailer. As for what will be in it...well, you'll have to wait a few more days to see.
Hey Esco can we expect some podcasts anytime soon?:rolleyes:

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Even so that "first version" would be the real finished product in effect....

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
@ The13Doctors (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1257123-The13Doctors)
if you continue to post about illegally distributing magazine scans on this forum, you WILL be banned. it's against forum policy and it won't be tolerated.

EscoBlades
03-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Hey Esco can we expect some podcasts anytime soon?:rolleyes:

Once Gameinformer wrap up their coverage, hopefully yes :D

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Will this debut trailer be long or short?

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 07:14 PM
initial game teasers are usually fairly short... but who knows for sure whether it could be a teaser or a full-blown trailer. who knows, they may not even release a video... though it would be cool if they did.

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Once Gameinformer wrap up their coverage, hopefully yes :D
@EscoBlades Is it a teaser or a trailer ???
JUST THIS QUESTION PLEASE OH PLEASE !!!!!!!

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I hope it will be longer than normal teaser trailers, since they have been working on it for quite a long time.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope to god the teaser trailer is not like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWTndFBNPE

Even though it is pretty cool, I want to see more than that!

Okay just thought of something, for the past AC games they have never shown a box art or main character SO early. So a teaser of something like the da vinci design stuff for AC II wouldnt make sense because we know who the character looks like now. Does this mean that it wont be a teaser but more of a 2 minute or so CGI?

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I hope to god the teaser trailer is not like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWTndFBNPE

Even though it is pretty cool, I want to see more than that!

Okay just thought of something, for the past AC games they have never shown a box art or main character SO early. So a teaser of something like the da vinci design stuff for AC II wouldnt make sense because we know who the character looks like now. Does this mean that it wont be a teaser but more of a 2 minute or so CGI?

I think it will be longer than this.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 08:00 PM
It'll probably end up being similar to this one-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKoR0vr-ao

The really good trailers with a lot of info are usually kept for E3 or the weeks leading up to it.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah but that was shown when we didn't know about ezio, we know that this will be in America and we know what the character looks like so there is no need for a teaser

LightRey
03-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah but that was shown when we didn't know about ezio, we know that this will be in America and we know what the character looks like so there is no need for a teaser

You're forgetting that this was all released because of a leak. It was all supposed to be revealed with the release of the coming trailer.

DavisP92
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I highly doubt it will be a teaser trailer, mainly because they never reveal this much information (from what i remember) and show screenshots without having a cgi trailer. Or at least i hope :P

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
You're forgetting that this was all released because of a leak. It was all supposed to be revealed with the release of the coming trailer.

Im talking about just the boxart, that was the major announcement on the 1st of March that they were talking about. The cover revealed both setting and character

LightRey
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Im talking about just the boxart, that was the major announcement on the 1st of March that they were talking about. The cover revealed both setting and character

But I don't think that's enough reason to dismiss a teaser. People will want to know about the gameplay and the exact position of the main character.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:41 PM
But I don't think that's enough reason to dismiss a teaser. People will want to know about the gameplay and the exact position of the main character.

Yeah but thats what I mean. They will want to know about gameplay, which is why I don't think a teaser like those for AC II will suffice

LightRey
03-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah but thats what I mean. They will want to know about gameplay, which is why I don't think a teaser like those for AC II will suffice

You saying you want more? xD

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM

Want more what? AC III details? YES :p

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Who doesnt ?
But im a fair man, I only want the game..
*Stabs love interest falls into a coma*
YES

LightRey
03-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Want more what? AC III details? YES :p

Ah, but we always will, won't we? No matter how many trailers they show.

SixKeys
03-03-2012, 10:58 PM
It's possible it will be just a teaser but somehow I don't think they would hype it up this much. I'm not entirely convinced the leak was as accidental as they would have us believe, it seems a bit convenient that something so huge would come out just a few days before the "major announcement" Ubisoft is planning to do. It did its job: people are pumped and now that we already know so much about the setting and main character, it would be pretty disappointing to get a teaser that shows next to nothing.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Ah, but we always will, won't we? No matter how many trailers they show.

Yeah but its different this time. I mean they have never shown the boxart before teasers and the reveal. Normally teaser trailers are when you know that a game might come out but there is no solid evidence, hence tease I guess. But because they did the boxart reveal on the 1st, there is no need for a teaser. The Boxart IS a teaser. I wouldnt be that suprised if we get a CGI trailer, mostly because the game will be finished in a few weeks and CGI trailers normally come out a few months before release anyway.

SixKeys
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
It would be cool if we would get two CGI trailers this time. One on Monday and another, slightly longer one at E3. It probably won't happen, but I can dream, right?

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah but its different this time. I mean they have never shown the boxart before teasers and the reveal. Normally teaser trailers are when you know that a game might come out but there is no solid evidence, hence tease I guess. But because they did the boxart reveal on the 1st, there is no need for a teaser. The Boxart IS a teaser. I wouldnt be that suprised if we get a CGI trailer, mostly because the game will be finished in a few weeks and CGI trailers normally come out a few months before release anyway.

The CGI trailer is usually kept for E3.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 11:06 PM
The CGI trailer is usually kept for E3.

In that case im going to be real bummed on monday when I see some random pieces of paper floating around the screen saying connor, trees and dog.

SixKeys
03-03-2012, 11:08 PM
In that case im going to be real bummed on monday when I see some random pieces of paper floating around the screen saying connor, trees and dog.

Cue these forums speculating endlessly about how they swear they can see the shadow of a woman next to the dog and what it all means. ;)

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Cue these forums speculating endlessly about how they swear they can see the shadow of a woman next to the dog and what it all means. ;)

And that thread will have over 60 pages of really zoomed in images and drawn on arrows pointing to nothing.

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Hell this forum once speculated about the designs on Ezio`s ACR robes and what they meant..

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Hell this forum once speculated about the designs on Ezio`s ACR robes and what they meant..

Your sig text says it all ;)

notafanboy
03-03-2012, 11:26 PM
IGN has put up a countdown, take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV6n8oW97rg&noredirect=1

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 11:28 PM
IGN has put up a countdown, take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV6n8oW97rg&noredirect=1
This cant be a teaser !!!! It just cant...................... can it ?

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 11:30 PM

Better not be, all this anticipation for a video less than a minute long. Millions of people trolled.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Thats what I was thinking! IGN's show is lasting a whole HOUR lasting from 4:30pm to 5:30pm GMT. It can't possibly an hour show for a 1 minute teaser. And I don't see why they would have a scheduled show for it either. Im making a mess everywhere!

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
thats what i was thinking! Ign's show is lasting a whole hour lasting from 4:30pm to 5:30pm gmt. It can't possibly an hour show for a 1 minute teaser. And i don't see why they would have a scheduled show for it either. Im making a mess everywhere!
awwwwwwwwwwwwww the suspense !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Thats what I was thinking! IGN's show is lasting a whole HOUR lasting from 4:30pm to 5:30pm GMT. It can't possibly an hour show for a 1 minute teaser. And I don't see why they would have a scheduled show for it either. Im making a mess everywhere!

There is supposed to be a small podcast and then analyze the trailer, so there is still a chance of a small video. I am trying my best not to get excited for this lol..

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
thats what i was thinking! Ign's show is lasting a whole hour lasting from 4:30pm to 5:30pm gmt. It can't possibly an hour show for a 1 minute teaser. And i don't see why they would have a scheduled show for it either. Im making a mess everywhere!

aaah!!! My brain hurts!!