PDA

View Full Version : the apple in AC3

naran6142
03-03-2012, 07:21 AM
if i remember correctly, George Washington had an apple...

So im wondering if it will play a role in AC3. Connor's role must be to help desmond gain access to the grand temple, so maybe he needs the apple for something and needs to get it from washington

Saqaliba
03-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Well it is set in the 'big apple' and Desmond is looking for the Grand Temple.

My theory is that the vision of the Founding Fathers of 'liberty' is aligned with those of the Assassin's. But we must remember that the Founding Fathers were Freemasons and their allliance to the French Masons (like General Layfayette, who will probably play a big role) could be how the Templars make their way into the future of the Presidency, like they did with Religion.

You must understand that the Templars are moving away from using a Religious institution to using a political institution - and the forming of the United States is literally the beginning of one of the most influential institutions in the world - the Presidency! So the Freemason/Tempar thing will get dirty in this one. The boundary between the Assassin's and Templars will probably get blurry, the Assassin's will see in the Masonic ambitions of the Founding Fathers an opportunity to found a nation bound by liberty and justice, but the Masonic link is also the very means by which the Templars can asurp this new world order.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I've heard he passed the apple down to each US president, IMO probably until it got to George Bush... i bet he's a Templar

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the Assassins had the Apple and Washington steals it from them.

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
GW in one of the screenshots leaked shows conner(SP?) with him. So most likely he is a ally of the Assassin Order.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
yes, but he could be fooling with them

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
yes, but he could be fooling with them

True. There has been a traitor in the past(Subject 4) so I guess it is possible it could of happened before.

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I wonder if Connor knows about TWCB And about Ezio/Altair/Desmond

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I wonder if Connor knows about TWCB And about Ezio/Altair/Desmond

I doubt it. Ezio only knew of Desmond because Minerva told him. If that never happened he would not have any clue about him. Plus two of them were on a different continent and I don't think it would carry over.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Plus, as far as I am aware Connor wasn't born into the Assassin Order, so he would have to find out about Minerva, via his own investigations.

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Plus, as far as I am aware Connor wasn't born into the Assassin Order, so he would have to find out about Minerva, via his own investigations.

No, he wasn't. He grew up a Native American and joined the Assassin's later on. I think he will find out about the Temple but not what it really is.

Saqaliba
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
No, but maybe he has refined senses due to being a member of a Native Tribe. Or maybe he just drinks Ayahuasca to talk to his ancestors. :D

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I think he will find out when he is in the Grand Temple.

YuurHeen
03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
so washington stole the apple from conner in the end and passed it down to each president. but desmond needs that apple so he needs to kill the president in the present time. only 1 problem we dont know yet who that will be. (most likely obama)

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I think his tribe may be Assassins, the article said this:

At the center of that conflict stood a hero, caught between an ancient heritage and a destiny to join a secretive order of men and women from across the seas

Although re-reading it now it seems more likely that his heritage is like Templar, since later in the article it talks about his path crossing with Assassins further in his life.

It would make for an interesting plot twist where he has to kill his Tribe's Chief.

(Gosh if I get that correct when I play, I will stand up and spam call everyone I know that plays AC and start yelling about how I was right)

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I think his tribe may be Assassins, the article said this:

At the center of that conflict stood a hero, caught between an ancient heritage and a destiny to join a secretive order of men and women from across the seas

Although re-reading it now it seems more likely that his heritage is like Templar, since later in the article it talks about his path crossing with Assassins further in his life.

It would make for an interesting plot twist where he has to kill his Tribe's Chief.

(Gosh if I get that correct when I play, I will stand up and spam call everyone I know that plays AC and start yelling about how I was right)

I don't think his chief was a Templar. The Templars weren't a global order before discovering america.

Btw, about the apple, are you guys seeing the same pattern I'm seeing here? Alta´r: had an apple, Ezio: had another apple, Connor: is likely going to at least encounter yet another apple.

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 11:50 AM
so washington stole the apple from conner in the end and passed it down to each president. but desmond needs that apple so he needs to kill the president in the present time. only 1 problem we dont know yet who that will be. (most likely obama)

Desmond already has a Apple. Why would he need another? Maybe a diffrent type of artifact to get deeper into the Temple but not another Apple.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Desmond already has a Apple. Why would he need another? Maybe a diffrent type of artifact to get deeper into the Temple but not another Apple.

Besides, the last known president to be in possession of said apple was supposedly a Templar. I doubt they'd ever let go of an apple like that, so it was likely destroyed or stolen at some point.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Besides, the last known president to be in possession of said apple was supposedly a Templar. I doubt they'd ever let go of an apple like that, so it was likely destroyed or stolen at some point.
i bet you that president was George Bush,
also, why is it the US presidents who get the apple? i mean why not romania or malta or, i dunno Nigeria?

Saqaliba
03-03-2012, 12:02 PM

You could be right. Especially if the leader of his tribe is Thayendanegea (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=joseph brant&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FJoseph_ Brant&ei=yflRT6DiOaGsiAewxNjUCw&usg=AFQjCNFxkt0DtorQZoWYTQ2lUWBFz84bYw&cad=rja)

http://www.uppercanadahistory.ca/fn/fn5p3.jpg

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:04 PM
i bet you that president was George Bush,
also, why is it the US presidents who get the apple? i mean why not romania or malta or, i dunno Nigeria?

Actually, it was Lyndon B. Johnson (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson) (though he may still have passed it down to future Templar presidents, I just doubt he would pass it down to a non-Templar president). Obviously it was in possession of US presidents because the apple was in the possession of the first of them.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Actually, it was Lyndon B. Johnson (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson) (though he may still have passed it down to future Templar presidents, I just doubt he would pass it down to a non-Templar president). Obviously it was in possession of US presidents because the apple was in the possession of the first of them.
ah, i was sort of joking about the fact that the smaller, less known countries never have anything interesting like an apple of eden

reddragonhrcro
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
ah, i was sort of joking about the fact that the smaller, less known countries never have anything interesting like an apple of eden

Was quite supprised that Croatia was mentioned in AC:R,or was it AC:B.It was in a puzzle where Nicola(Nikola) Tessla was mentioned.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Was quite supprised that Croatia was mentioned in AC:R,or was it AC:B.It was in a puzzle where Nicola(Nikola) Tessla was mentioned.

That was in ACII.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Francois Duvalier (President of Haiti) was a Templar. I can't remember whether he had an apple or not though.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Francois Duvalier (President of Haiti) was a Templar. I can't remember whether he had an apple or not though.

If he did, the wiki doesn't mention it, so most likely he didn't.