PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Blade(s) in AC3?

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I haven't seen a hidden blade in any of the photos so far, which is strange.

Has anyone else noticed this?

If this has been posted before I'm sorry and moderators feel free to delete this.

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 01:15 AM
There is at least one, on the raised arm in the proposed box art (the one with the redcoat on the ground).

JumpInTheFire13
03-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Somebody said this before: Removing the hidden blade from AC would be like removing gravity from the world. And not in a good way

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 01:20 AM
He has one. You can see it in at least two of the pictures.

twenty_glyphs
03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
The hidden blade is specifically mentioned twice in the Game Informer article, so I wouldn't worry.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
in the GI cover you can see his hidden blade on his left arm, in the game cover you can see that he's wearing the same kind of "glove" that has the hidden blade in each arm, so it's possible that he might have two hidden blades like Ezio...

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Ah, alright. I've just taken a closer look at the photos Ubi put on the AC Facebook page and I can see what appears to be a hidden blade.

I'm happy now.

At first I didn't think I'd like AC3 being set in America, but it's growing on me. It doesn't look as though it's going to be "YEAH AMERICA **** YEAH!" which is good.

sticks165
03-03-2012, 02:08 AM
oh hes got it if you look at the picture where its snowing and the guy on the horse you can see it

Lonesoldier2012
03-03-2012, 02:23 AM
On left bracer.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 02:47 AM
At first I didn't think I'd like AC3 being set in America, but it's growing on me. It doesn't look as though it's going to be "YEAH AMERICA **** YEAH!" which is good.

It probably won't be like what you mentioned. That picture that is in what I'm assuming is Boston looks a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean to me, which is awesome. The shot of him in the forest in the rain also looks incredible. Overall everything so far looks amazing.

scout455
03-03-2012, 02:53 AM
In one of the websites here(http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338316/assassins-creed-3-first-details-new-hero-is-connor-not-all-english-are-evil/) says he will have one.

DavisP92
03-03-2012, 04:57 AM
not only does he have one but you can kill a bear with it haha

Black Shadow943
03-03-2012, 05:14 AM
I haven't seen a hidden blade in any of the photos so far, which is strange.

Has anyone else noticed this?

If this has been posted before I'm sorry and moderators feel free to delete this.

if you look at the newest image for the gameinformer look at the left bracer really closely you'll notice that there isa hidden blade chamber machanism

JumpInTheFire13
03-03-2012, 09:13 AM
And if there wasn't hidden blade(s) there likely wouldn't' be any ledge, arial, or hiding place assassinations, so Ubisoft would be quite stupid if they removed it.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 09:23 AM
And if there wasn't hidden blade(s) there likely wouldn't' be any ledge, arial, or hiding place assassinations, so Ubisoft would be quite stupid if they removed it.

I don't think so, the blade is cool but not exactly essential with Conner's style.

Although it's barely noticeable, only on the left and a much smaller blade which could mean we won't be using it too much.

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
There is definitely a hidden blade, but I am wondering if the hookblade will make a return.

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Not likely.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
There is definitely a hidden blade, but I am wondering if the hookblade will make a return.

Considering we can barely see a single hidden blade, probably not.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Considering we can barely see a single hidden blade, probably not.

I beg to differ. First of all the people that couldn't find the hidden blade need to get their eyes checked and that's coming from someone that couldn't read what he was typing if he hadn't had his glasses on. Second, if you look at previous games, especially AC2, you'll see that throughout almost the entire game you keep receiving new tools to use. We've only seen a few screenshots. It could very well be that he will receive something similar to a hookblade halfway through the game.

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I beg to differ. First of all the people that couldn't find the hidden blade need to get their eyes checked and that's coming from someone that couldn't read what he was typing if he hadn't had his glasses on.

Geesh, there's no need to be so harsh.

I've been looking at low resolution screens and can barely make out the wording despite having zoomed in to 200%. I was simply asking a question and did say that it was fine if this thread was deleted if this had been discussed before (which I now see it has slightly in other threads

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Geesh, there's no need to be so harsh.

I've been looking at low resolution screens and can barely make out the wording despite having zoomed in to 200%. I was simply asking a question and did say that it was fine if this thread was deleted if this had been discussed before (which I now see it has slightly in other threads).

I wasn't referring to your not knowing whether they were there, I was referring to the people that had trouble finding them in the HD stuff, the "we" that The13Doctors was referring to.

supermoc10
03-03-2012, 12:50 PM
It looks like he only has one hidden blade which is sad cause that means no more dual air assassination greatness.

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I wasn't referring to your not knowing whether they were there, I was referring to the people that had trouble finding them in the HD stuff, the "we" that The13Doctors was referring to.

Ah, disregard my last comment then.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:55 PM
It looks like he only has one hidden blade which is sad cause that means no more dual air assassination greatness.

I wouldn't be so sure. We know he has one on his left wrist, but we can see a variation of the Assassin symbol on his right one, suggesting that he has one there too.

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 02:38 PM
My theory is that the (double?) hidden blade is there, but it's not Connor's weapon of choice: that would be the tomahawk. Just like Ezio's weapon of choice was the double hidden blades.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone who looks at his wrist and doesn't see it is blind.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:47 PM

I could see it, just barely though.

Also I finished the scans, in the demo GI people played a bear got mad at Conner and he stabs the bear with the blade.

rob.davies2014
09-29-2012, 01:08 AM
There's something I've noticed about the Hidden Blade, it's not very important but I wanted to show people.
I thought that the AC3 Hidden Blade had 3 parts: The case, the sleeve and the blade (which swivels).
Now I think it's in four parts. The difference is that the blade is in two parts, the handle and the blade which comes out of the handle.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926004920/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/0f/Hidden_Blade_AC3.jpg/640px-Hidden_Blade_AC3.jpg
I've always wondered how, when the blade is pivoted, it manages to achieve such a length. I thought it was just Ubi making it longer than it should be for combat, but it seems it really does extend that far.
In the image it's clear that the blade, from the tip of the claw-like thing to the tip of the blade is much longer than the bracer, so it wouldn't fit if it just slid back. I think the blade slides inside the handle (the black part of the blade) when it's not in use.
If you zoom in on the Hidden Blade in this image, you'll see that only the handle is visible, which leads me to believe that the blade is inside.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326112839/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/1e/AC3_SC_SP_16_Frontier_Pistol%26Tomahawk_ONLINE.jpg/640px-AC3_SC_SP_16_Frontier_Pistol%26Tomahawk_ONLINE.jpg
When the Hidden Blade is activated, The slide moves the handle out and the blade extracts from the handle. Connor can the rotate the handle and the blade which are fixed together, with it pivoting at the end of the slide. What do you think?

Hassassiyin
09-29-2012, 01:24 AM
You're right
If you look at the first picture you posted, you see there's room within the handle to rotate the claw-like thing into.
I think the blade is in the same position as in the first picture you posted, when used as a normal hidden blade.
When used as a knife, it extends once more before rotating it and holding is as a knife.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3qpg9z1BU1qlvl3do1_500.gif

xXRyzonXx
09-29-2012, 01:29 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3qpg9z1BU1qlvl3do1_500.gif

Did you really need to revive this thread for that....

Hassassiyin
09-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Have a look at the date of the post before mine, and even if I did.. What's the problem?

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Did you really need to revive this thread for that....
Nothing wrong with Reviving a thread to add something relevant..

Better than creating a new one

Escappa
09-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Nothing wrong with Reviving a thread to add something relevant..

Better than creating a new one

spot on!
Can be very hard having 4 threads dealing with the same topic.

xXRyzonXx
09-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I honestly thought this question was pretty much answered for everyone, i fail to see how reviving an old thread with information people already know, would be relevant.

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 01:54 AM
There's something I've noticed about the Hidden Blade, it's not very important but I wanted to show people.
I thought that the AC3 Hidden Blade had 3 parts: The case, the sleeve and the blade (which swivels).
Now I think it's in four parts. The difference is that the blade is in two parts, the handle and the blade which comes out of the handle.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926004920/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/0f/Hidden_Blade_AC3.jpg/640px-Hidden_Blade_AC3.jpg
I've always wondered how, when the blade is pivoted, it manages to achieve such a length. I thought it was just Ubi making it longer than it should be for combat, but it seems it really does extend that far.
In the image it's clear that the blade, from the tip of the claw-like thing to the tip of the blade is much longer than the bracer, so it wouldn't fit if it just slid back. I think the blade slides inside the handle (the black part of the blade) when it's not in use.
If you zoom in on the Hidden Blade in this image, you'll see that only the handle is visible, which leads me to believe that the blade is inside.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326112839/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/1e/AC3_SC_SP_16_Frontier_Pistol%26Tomahawk_ONLINE.jpg/640px-AC3_SC_SP_16_Frontier_Pistol%26Tomahawk_ONLINE.jpg
When the Hidden Blade is activated, The slide moves the handle out and the blade extracts from the handle. Connor can the rotate the handle and the blade which are fixed together, with it pivoting at the end of the slide. What do you think?

where did you get the first picture?

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 01:57 AM
I honestly thought this question was pretty much answered for everyone, i fail to see how reviving an old thread with information people already know, would be relevant.
Not everyone fully understands the mechanism of the New Blade yet, believe me.. Its not so bad..

At least it may keep others from creating a thread about something known, right ? Better to revive an already existing thread..

xXRyzonXx
09-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Not everyone fully understands the mechanism of the New Blade yet, believe me.. Its not so bad..

At least it may keep others from creating a thread about something known, right ? Better to revive an already existing thread..

That is a very good point.

Carry on!

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 02:02 AM
That is a very good point.
Im glad we agree:D

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 03:26 AM
There is like 1 or 2

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 03:26 AM
There is like 1 or 2
1 or 2 what ?

HisSpiritLives
09-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Maybe this was disscused before but i saw in some videos that Connor in primary weapons has chosen tomahawk and in other pistols and then when he fights he uses tomahawk and hidden blade someone other noticed it?

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe this was disscused before but i saw in some videos that Connor in primary weapons has chosen tomahawk and in other pistols and then when he fights he uses tomahawk and hidden blade someone other noticed it?
The Blade is always there.

You can choose a weapon and a tool (Pistol, rope dart) but the Blade will always be there

HisSpiritLives
09-29-2012, 09:24 AM
The Blade is always there.

You can choose a weapon and a tool (Pistol, rope dart) but the Blade will always be there

What if i just want to use tomahawk as we seen in one of episodes.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
What if i just want to use tomahawk as we seen in one of episodes.
Dunno about that...:confused:

POP1Fan
09-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Are you blind? They already showed in multiple trailers he has a Hidden Blade, and even the Dual Hidden Blade...

HisSpiritLives
09-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Are you blind? They already showed in multiple trailers he has a Hidden Blade, and even the Dual Hidden Blade...

Oh really?:nonchalance:

NOLA_Assassin
09-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I think it works like this: You will always have the Hidden Blade, so you choose a primary to go along with it. You can choose between duel wielding the Hidden Blades or the primary (e.g. the tomahawk) and the knife form of the Hidden Blade. This is how Connor can assassinate using the tomahawk or the Hidden Blade.