PDA

View Full Version : AC3 First ingame images and some art

sameer_monier
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Just head over Here (http://egplanet.net/?p=277), I hope you like it.

Not so many, but few is better than non at all.

I think that confirm it is indeed the biggest AC ever, It won't take place only in America but also England, and probably a 3rd country too, I am excited

Update: a new image added, but in favor for ya guys, I will post here, it is by far the best IMO

http://i.imgur.com/Liea9.jpg

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Nice! I'll eat my hat* if that's in-game graphics though - CG trailer stills, possibly, and some concept art.

* I do not own a hat.

kriegerdesgottes
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
OMG amazing. Thanks! Notice he is hunting in the one shot. That reminds me of RDR which is exactly the direction AC should head in. That will add some replay value to the game. UGH so psyched now. Awesome shots.

evil9494
03-02-2012, 05:49 PM
It is AMAZING, but this is not the assassins creed we know. This is something like skyrim and red redemption in one, i fear that it would not be the same feeling as before.

Moultonborough
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Nice! I'll eat my hat* if that's in-game graphics though - CG trailer stills, possibly, and some concept art.

* I do not own a hat.

They look cool but I'm not too sure if they are real. I will wait until it comes from Ubisoft. I got plenty of hats I will send you one to watch you eat it.:p

reddragonhrcro
Nice find,possibly his name will be meaning Hunting Eagle as some have talked of possible names for this character and its meaning.

WhiteSheWolf
THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. *ahem* Geeking out wayyy too much to be healthy. I'm going to agree with Doubleclick here; if that IS in-game art...

There would be no words for the awesome.

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
looks like we finally got a weather system too!

still strange that we haven't REALLY seen the hidden blade yet..

ProletariatPleb
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt

Saar Ben Kiki
03-02-2012, 05:59 PM
i cant find a reason why england would be visit-able
please explain why you think england and a 3rd country will be introduced........
this pics are legit, im sure about that
but whos that guy with the hand in the suit/pocket?
he looks like an epic antagonist!

WhiteSheWolf
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
please explain why you think england and a 3rd country will be introduced........

Looking at the pictures, it seems more like our assassin is in a british occupied town in America than in England.

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
dogs, snow and rain, now they just need to add children to make the world more realistic.... *____*

TrueStoic
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I LOVE the bow addition, but despise the axe..

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
It is AMAZING, but this is not the assassins creed we know. This is something like skyrim and red redemption in one, i fear that it would not be the same feeling as before.

That could be good though, right? It would be good to make the gameplay fit the landscape in each game, rather than having the established gameplay limit the environments we can see.

In some ways it might not have changed at all. Look at that forest scene where the assassin is watching the redcoats - he looks like he's blending with his environment. Maybe trees will work like the blending with groups of city folk; stand close enough and you become invisible.

sameer_monier
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
First Image is in england, you see the flag in the background: ( I don't think there will be only 2 countries, but that is just a hunch)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/uk-lgflag.gif

@evil9494 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/442879-evil9494) : Don't worry, if indeed RDR is an inspiration that would mean bigger world, and more freedom, also the 2nd image is totally AC like, and the 1st one brings the whole "you are going into a red zone area", so I believe AC is still AC but bigger, don't forgot the scope is supposed to be the biggest.

I also like the whole snow setting thing, and I believe America's map would be about climbing natural environment, while in United Kingdom we will get the building scaling, that's just my opinion.

kriegerdesgottes
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm thinking that town is probably New York being that the Colonial army failed several times to take New York from the British and it remained in British hands for a long time.

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 06:10 PM
GUYS go to my thead! it the entire GI issue story about AC3!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/661204-Ac-3-gi-full-issue-scans

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
The first image looks like a dock and they are checking everyone that enters

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Great pics! Lovin' the Long bow. Maybe we get to hunt animals and sell their meat like In RDD, Instead of making fat stacks every 20mins for doing F' all. How Immense would that be!! I'm pumped for this game now. And yeah, I'm guessing that's a British town on American soil too, and not England.

sameer_monier
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Please check the original Post again, a new image been added by me, probably the best image yet

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
http://www.evilsourcegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/77348307.pnghttp://www.evilsourcegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/49111753.png

tarrero
03-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Epic game is epic!!!

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
The game is supposed to be fresh and new. Let it be. We need to move in a new direction now.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Epic game is epic!!!

Indeed.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I still see no hidden blades...

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Zomg! I think I just had a minor heart attack! *_*

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I want this game NOW!!! :P

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM

Look more closely. They were already visible on the box art.

sticks165
03-02-2012, 06:34 PM

and you can see it on the GI cover

evil9494
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok i was bored from the same gameplay mechanics from the last 2 games but just i have a fear that this will be entirely different. But i trust that 3 years have made the game awesome and IT IS TIME AC TO WIN GAME OF THE YEAR. :P

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Involving the story of Desmond, they said "You can bet there will be a lot of Desmond in this game. There will be many significant events involving Desmond. He has a job to do." What KIND of events? Hmm...

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Ok i was bored from the same gameplay mechanics from the last 2 games but just i have a fear that this will be entirely different. But i trust that 3 years have made the game awesome and IT IS TIME AC TO WIN GAME OF THE YEAR. :P
Its going to be a whole new experience. The game will be full of STORY, fantastic and replayable gameplay!

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Involving the story of Desmond, they said "You can bet there will be a lot of Desmond in this game. There will be many significant events involving Desmond. He has a job to do." What KIND of events? Hmm...

*excitement level rising*

WhiteSheWolf
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Absolutely Amazing. :D

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I mean who DOESN'T want a game involving the replayability of Red Dead Redemption, the open-world of Skyrim, and the realisticness of the actual cities at the time?

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM

I can see this AC being a serious contender...

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
*Dribbling*

pirate1802
I mean who DOESN'T want a game involving the replayability of Red Dead Redemption, the open-world of Skyrim, and the realisticness of the actual cities at the time?

+ nice storylines and stealth? Any day!

lukaszep
A part of me doesn't want to get too excited by it all, for fear of it not living up to expectations ( a bit like AC:B and AC:R did) and also, there being no new details causing excitement closer to the release but,

OMG.

Is it wierd how excited i am by the picture with the dog in? I mean, A DOG? And it looks good. And the character models all look good.
DOG.
Yessss :D

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM

And all that leading up to what will probably be the greatest mind-F ever.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
And all that leading up to what will probably be the greatest mind-F ever.
Haha. Definitely. THINK ABOUT IT. This game will LITERALLY have to tie up ALL lose ends and give an ending to the Desmond side of the story! Desmond will try and save the world now, finally, and the ones who came before will finally come out and reveal all!

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Haha. Definitely. THINK ABOUT IT. This game will LITERALLY have to tie up ALL lose ends and give an ending to the Desmond side of the story! Desmond will try and save the world now, finally, and the ones who came before will finally come out and reveal all!

I have a feeling my brain will encounter some system errors while playing this game.

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Finally something similar to The Kingdom from AC1 :D Can't wait!

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I have a feeling my brain will encounter some system errors while playing this game.

I'm having that feeling too.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 07:15 PM

Hopefully this "version" of the Kingdom will be a little more interactive. I never really liked the Kingdom since besides killing and running/riding around there wasn't much to do.

Moultonborough
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I hated the Kingdom with a passion. Picture with the dog looks cool. But, still gonna wait until it's made official by Ubisoft or Game Informer.

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Hopefully this "version" of the Kingdom will be a little more interactive. I never really liked the Kingdom since besides killing and running/riding around there wasn't much to do.

Yeah I definitely agree with that, but this time round I would at least expect something to keep me busy when 1/3 is supposed to be in the countryside. And I suppose I could give hunting a try :D. A little AC1 nostalgia with some of those screenshots especially the one with the red coats guarding the entrance to the town.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
OH MY GOD I'm freaking out. That's amazing. It looks like they learned a little something from Red Dead as others have said. That's a good thing. It gives us back the more places to travel feeling on AC1 and 2.

Hunting animals would be awesome if possible. I'm sure it will be for money and outfits and what not.

reddragonhrcro
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
OH MY GOD I'm freaking out. That's amazing. It looks like they learned a little something from Red Dead as others have said. That's a good thing. It gives us back the more places to travel feeling on AC1 and 2.

Hunting animals would be awesome if possible. I'm sure it will be for money and outfits and what not.

It is as stated in the mag,managed to see almost all pages except for last 2

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Well the game informer article says 1/3 of the game will be set in the 'frontier' so it will be more interactive

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Hopefully there are more items worth using the money, the only thing I really bought before was a few robe dyes or a new sword if it was worth it.

luckyto
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Yes!

Wow, this game is going to be very different in a lot of ways. I'm really interested. Looks like you'll be able to climb trees and all sorts of things. Perhaps more work with the random events engine is done to make it more like Red Dead. Very very cool. I'm officially stoked.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM

"Unline the largely empty Kingdom wilderness of the first Assassin's Creed game, the Frontier boasts a full third of the game's missions and gameplay content."

From the GI scans :D

LightRey
03-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah I definitely agree with that, but this time round I would at least expect something to keep me busy when 1/3 is supposed to be in the countryside. And I suppose I could give hunting a try :D. A little AC1 nostalgia with some of those screenshots especially the one with the red coats guarding the entrance to the town.

Indeed.

On another note. I heard someone mention the possibility of the feathers from AC1 returning, considering the fact that the ancestor is part Native American. I like that idea.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Indeed.

On another note. I heard someone mention the possibility of the feathers from AC1 returning, considering the fact that the ancestor is part Native American. I like that idea.

I love that. I'm so pumped. Wish I could find the GI article ****it!

brick177
03-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Not England, it's the colonies. The colonies were British territories so they flew British flags.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I love that. I'm so pumped. Wish I could find the GI article ****it!

I got it from a friend who downloaded it as soon as he saw :P

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Indeed.

Yeah I always liked the part in the confession videos when Altair would wipe the blood with the feather, it was a good touch. I'm still wondering how to pronounce his native american name, would rather call him by that, I just don't think Connor is really fitting for a native american back then but I suppose my opinion will change soon enough.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Man. This is awesome. We're probably going to see how he became an assassin. Should be interesting as opposed to the revenge tale we've been fed for the last few years.

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Man. This is awesome. We're probably going to see how he became an assassin. Should be interesting as opposed to the revenge tale we've been fed for the last few years.
I can imagine it probably started as a failed revenge mission and then the assassins find him and give him a new perspective on things.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
So sick! Love the rain :D

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
That guy looks a lot like George Washington, and people think he's a templar so ...

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I always liked the part in the confession videos when Altair would wipe the blood with the feather, it was a good touch. I'm still wondering how to pronounce his native american name, would rather call him by that, I just don't think Connor is really fitting for a native american back then but I suppose my opinion will change soon enough.

Its pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo, Ratohnhak:ton. According to game informer anyway.

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I got it from a friend who downloaded it as soon as he saw :P
could you post?

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
That guy looks a lot like George Washington, and people think he's a templar so ...

Deff could be a possibility. Maybe he's got his hand on the apple.

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry if these images have already been posted but I haven't seen them. Scroll down to the gallery in the wiki, there's some new screens including one of Connor carrying a rifle. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_III

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
OH we got a name now, nice! I wonder if we'll be taking a boat at some point back to Britain.

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome, but they had better not make it into an RPG game

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome, but they had better not make it into an RPG game
Well, Assassins Creed has always kind of been RPG-ish. I think this time around, it will be in fact more RPG and have tons more replay value.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:50 PM
could you post?

I can, but is it allowed?

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:51 PM

If that adds replay value it it then I'm all for it.

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I can, but is it allowed?

Sadly,no.

But there is a site that still has it up.
Gamekyo.com

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 07:53 PM
If that adds replay value it it then I'm all for it.
i wouldn't mind if the only thing that was vaguely RPGy was being able to choose which side you fought for, but if they add skills and stuff then i wouldn't be happy

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
i wouldn't mind if the only thing that was vaguely RPGy was being able to choose which side you fought for, but if they add skills and stuff then i wouldn't be happy

They probably won't go that far.

Sadly,no.

But there is a site that still has it up.
Gamekyo.com

I have uploaded them on my facebook, you can catch them there xD

Radman500
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120302175534/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/49/ACIII-GI_(12).jpg/782px-ACIII-GI_(12).jpgWhat do you guys think of the look of Connor, our main protagonist, he is the one being choked out by the guy.....

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM
That's him before becoming an assassin. Awesome. I bet buddy cuts his lip or something.

swiftkinfe
03-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Connor looks pretty young in that picture.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I read he will have some missions as a child (or teenager), watching his village being destroyed the colonists. Super awesome!

Radman500
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
That's him before becoming an assassin. Awesome. I bet buddy cuts his lip or something.

im thinking it could be his father, cause he is half-native american, half english (born of a white english father, and native american mother)

so that could be his father choking him

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I read he will have some missions as a child (or teenager), watching his village being destroyed the colonists. Super awesome!

Now that would be great, would definitely be something different seeing as the only real assassin shown as a child was Ezio and even then we only got to wave his body parts around place:D

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
im thinking it could be his father, cause he is half-native american, half english (born of a white english father, and native american mother)

so that could be his father choking him

Would his coat not be red then? I think he is probably one of the men who destroyed his home and could be an assassination target later.

ARIARAIDEN
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120302175534/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/49/ACIII-GI_(12).jpg/782px-ACIII-GI_(12).jpgWhat do you guys think of the look of Connor, our main protagonist, he is the one being choked out by the guy.....
he looks **** ugly!

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Now that would be great, would definitely be something different seeing as the only real assassin shown as a child was Ezio and even then we only got to wave his body parts around place:D
i liked that part, HA HA HA, NO CHILD IS SAFE!:rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I thought that was a woman

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
as long as they don't make us british look more evil, we've got a LOT of stereotypes about that already!
eww, all british people are chavs, racist, have 7 step parents, have children at the age of 7, so on, so on

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
He looks like a chick. Lol. But, anyway, he certainly looks more of the Native American than White.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM

The exact lines: "Raised among the Mohawks, players will experience Connor's childhood on the American frontier including the devastating toll paid by his tribe in their encounters with the white colonists. That conflict hits a fevered pitch with the destruction of Connor's village."

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 08:11 PM
as long as they don't make us british look more evil, we've got a LOT of stereotypes about that already!
eww, all british people are chavs, racist, have 7 step parents, have children at the age of 7, so on, so on

I can't wait to see what Shaun says for half the stuff on the animus database.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Hah he doesn't look like a chick. He just has a native hair cut.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM

LOL! love Shaun's quotes xD

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Funny how this time the ancestor looks nothing like Desmond...

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM
shaun is a stereotype by itself

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM
it says he's half British, half native american, does anyone else think the dad just raped a native american woman?
Another stereotype! christ the game isn't even out yet and were already rapists and arseholes!

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Yeah but I find it amusing to listen to him rant about basically anything.

rupok2
03-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Funny how this time the ancestor looks nothing like Desmond...

Well he doesn't have to really.

On the side note I am so stoked for this game. Tree climbing, hunting. Can't wait with the whole new gameplay.

twenty_glyphs
03-02-2012, 08:18 PM

From the magazine:

The new Animus 3.0 premiers in this installment, and the software has a new visual style to signify the change. The popular Animus Database feature also returns, offering historical perspective through the cipher of in-game character Shaun Hastings' wry wit. "Since the character of Shaun Hastings in the present is British, he'll be able to offer a snarky commentary about the British perspective of the Revolution," May says.

jatt100
03-02-2012, 08:42 PM
OMG I just saw these pictures a few minutes ago!! IT LOOKS FRICKIN AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGG!!....Im lovin the direction theyre going with it.

It seems theres some proper stealth in the game now, in the previous installments the stealth felt so forced and unnatural (not the social stealth).....The graphics look beautiful as well.

Did anyone notice the dog in one of the pictures? And the snow??....AND WE CAN CLIMB TREES!!! XDD.....I hope these pictures are real: because so far Im REALLLLLLLY impressed by what I see.

*nerdgasm over*

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 08:47 PM

I want to complain in the strongest possible terms about the stereotype that English people complain in the strongest possible terms.

rileypoole1234
03-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Whoa. This is awesome. Love the fact that trees will be traverse able as well as building. Brilliant.

twenty_glyphs
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Just from reading Charles Lee's Wikipedia page, he sounds like he will be a major antagonist in the game. He did not think George Washington should be the leader of the army, and was eventually court-martialed. He died in Philadelphia in 1782.

Also on that note, the article mentions Boston and New York, but not Philadelphia. It does mention visiting Valley Forge, which is near Philadelphia. It would be a real shame to not have Philadelphia in the game since it was such an important city at the time, and not that far from New York. Then you'd have 3 cities and a large countryside area with who knows how many other small settlements. Hopefully the developers just aren't talking about it right now. And if my speculation about Charles Lee being an antagonist that Connor has to kill is right, Philadelphia as a location becomes more likely as well.

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Just from reading Charles Lee's Wikipedia page, he sounds like he will be a major antagonist in the game. He did not think George Washington should be the leader of the army, and was eventually court-martialed. He died in Philadelphia in 1782.

Also on that note, the article mentions Boston and New York, but not Philadelphia. It does mention visiting Valley Forge, which is near Philadelphia. It would be a real shame to not have Philadelphia in the game since it was such an important city at the time, and not that far from New York. Then you'd have 3 cities and a large countryside area with who knows how many other small settlements. Hopefully the developers just aren't talking about it right now. And if my speculation about Charles Lee being an antagonist that Connor has to kill is right, Philadelphia as a location becomes more likely as well.

In AC2 we weren't informed that the game finished off in Rome. In ACB we weren't informed that the game ends in Viana. It may well be that we kill Lee in 1782 (although apparently the game plays through until 1783).

rileypoole1234
03-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Agreed. My first thought for Revolutionary America was Boston, then New York, then Philadelphia. I hope we get all three. I also can't wait to see how climbing and 'hunting' in the forest will be. That shot in the city(What I assume is Boston) and in the forest with the rain look amazing. They all actually look amazing though. Can't wait.

tarrero
03-02-2012, 09:20 PM

It is actually odd Philly has not been mentioned, I guess that could be the final sequence in which you are not able to free roam, just like Arsuf, Roma on AC2 and Viana

reddragonhrcro
03-02-2012, 09:42 PM
We can shoot rifles too:
http://i.imgur.com/EcwL7.jpg

LightRey
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
We can shoot rifles too:
http://i.imgur.com/EcwL7.jpg

So many new weapons! D:

Noble6
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
So many new weapons! D:
I hoped that we couldn't use rifles. Oh well, Maybe it takes some time to reload them so the game doesn't be be too much "shooter". Though I love the fact we can hunt now.

tarrero
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
So many new weapons! D:

AC1 purists complaining on 1 2 3......

This game looks so promising, at least to me, I like that the old factions are gone, I like how stealth seems to be improved, I like climbling trees and list goes on and on.....

notafanboy
03-02-2012, 10:37 PM
it looks awthum !!!!, reminds me of red dead in a good way :D