PDA

View Full Version : There Will Obviously be a French Revolution Creed Game at Some Point............

gmoney8869
03-02-2012, 02:24 PM
This goes out to all of the people complaining that the game is not in the French Revolution. I agree that it is the most obvious setting, and in many ways perfect for an AC game. And of course the architecture (#1 most important thing) is much better than in colonial America.

Just wait. For all you know the French Revolution is in THIS game. (though I doubt it). Even if it isn't, AC is now a yearly product. They'll just do the same thing with this guy they did with Ezio, and the next game will do Paris like Brotherhood did Rome. In fact, that is probably the reason why they did the American revolution instead, so that they could conveniently follow up with the French one a few years later. This is how corporations think.

I am 100% sure that they will do this.

ace3001
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
This game ends Desmond's storyline, and will most probably end this particular ancestor's story as well. So, even if AC does come back next year or even if it goes to France at one point, we won't be seeing a Brotherhood or Revelations for AC III.

DualFace
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
From the GI cover art, and the snippets that have leaked to internet already, we already know very much what is going on with ACIII.

Obviously there won't be a AC game focusing on the French Revolution. -_-

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Considering this game is going to be on 2 PS3 discs I would imagine that we will be seeing this ancestor's whole life.

ace3001
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Considering this game is going to be on 2 PS3 discs I would imagine that we will be seeing this ancestor's whole life.Where did you get that bit of info? A PS3 bluray is 50GB. (Dual layer.) I doubt you'd get a game like that. It'll be about 10 DVDs for Xbox and PC, then.

Assassin_M
03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Considering this game is going to be on 2 PS3 discs I would imagine that we will be seeing this ancestor's whole life.
2 disc wha ?

Mr_Shade
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I would consider any info - at this point, to be rumour, unless posted by a member of staff, or on the official site.

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
2 disc wha ?

I think I must have had some kind of dream. I thought that it was common knowledge that the game was going to be on 2 discs but can't find any information about this on the web. Sorry for the confusion...

gmoney8869
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
From the GI cover art, and the snippets that have leaked to internet already, we already know very much what is going on with ACIII.

Obviously there won't be a AC game focusing on the French Revolution. -_-

What? So far all we know is that this game contains the American Revolution. We have no idea what other plots or setting this game might contain. And we know nothing at all about what future games will be about. ACIII will most likely stay in NA, but there WILL be a game next year, two years at the latest. Ubisoft is not going to suddenly stop harvesting it's golden goose. And considering all the work that will go in to creating assets for this time period, I'm quite sure they will stick to it. You know, it'd be useful if there was already a precedent for this. Maybe like if they had previously made similar expansion-sequels in other cities, contemporary to the ones in the primary installment? Nah, Ubisoft would never do that......:rolleyes:

This game ends Desmond's storyline, and will most probably end this particular ancestor's story as well. So, even if AC does come back next year or even if it goes to France at one point, we won't be seeing a Brotherhood or Revelations for AC III.

What makes you think it ends this guy's story? Just because they won't have Desmond in the Animus to relive him after they supposedly write him out? I'm sure that won't be a problem. I could think of several ways to hand-wave this, or they could just do the sensible thing and drop the present day in the next game.

Got a link for that? I notice many people in this forum post made up things as if they were facts.

Goxxi
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree with gmoney , I just wanted to post a identical topic ; )

I also think that we gonna see the French Revolution sooner or later , the French Revolution was begun just 6 years after the American Revolution was finished so It would not be a problem to find a link in the story-plot.
It might be possible that AC3 comes on 2 discs and 1st part of the game will be the American Revolution and after the American Revolution the protagonist moves to the Europe.
It might be possible couse from Ubisoft they said that AC3 will be the biggest game ever so I bealive they hides some "Ace" in the sleeve and I bealive this (American Revolution) is not all what they got to offer.
Also If we are already in America maybe we will visit the South America and Carribean Islands either , in that time (end of 18. and beggining of 19. century) it was alot of revolutions and rebellions all over the South America and Carribean Islands and It were alot of great and intresting historical figures like were : Simon Bolivar, , Tiradentes , Jean Jacques Dessalines , Jose de San Martin.

I would also agreed that is very possible that we gonna have some spin-off of AC3 which will take a place during the French Revolution like we had Brotherhood and Revelations.
AC3 also might be one smaller triology inside of triology like It was AC2.

Anyway If they want that AC3 be the biggest game ever and If they worked on AC3 for 3 years then they will have to offer something really big.

YuurHeen
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
i hope not. i hate france.

egriffin09
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I heard in a AC developer interview on youtube a year ago or so saying that they would never go somewhere people expect them to go. Without the rumors thats been going on of this game for the past few months being set in colonial america, not one would have guessed that ACIII would be in colonial america. Just think of a place you think they won't go and that's probably where the next AC game will be set. French Revolution is to obvious and Ubisoft knows that. Only reason they would have to go there is to connect what Shaun was saying about those two symbols at the end of AC brotherhood, which would be France. And Da Vinci was taking about King Louis and the end of the Da Vinci Dissapearance. So maybe so.

brick177
03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
They did say AC3 would be the end of Desmond's storyline, they did not say AC3 wouldn't have expansions that would still technically be AC3.

Also, just because Desmond's storyline ends, does not me that they can't continue the story of his ancestor in AC3. Desmond could have a child and that child would have all the same ancestor memories of Desmond.

Considering the game has always played up the multi-generational aspect in their storylines, there's no reason why Desmond wouldn't have a child that continues the legacy. Afterall, he can save the world, but the world will always need saving again!

I'm still not convinced that AC3 won't include a journey across the Atlantic... Some of the same people who helped foment the American Rebellion helped foment the French Rebellion too.

twenty_glyphs
03-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree that there will likely be a French Revolution game at some point. The more I think about it, the less I think it will be AC3 though. Kind of annoying that they showed the hint at the end of Brotherhood and let Shaun say "Now those two symbols come together in only one place..." and mislead everyone, but the clues wouldn't be fun if they revealed everything. I'm sure the Masonic Eye and Phrygian Cap will still be explained in AC3, and they definitely are related to the American Revolution as well.

Just because a developer said they would never go somewhere people expect them to, doesn't mean that will always happen. They can try to go somewhere people don't expect, but you can't avoid the big tentpoles in history just to try to surprise people constantly. You have to give people what they expect and want some of the time. Plenty of people expected the American Revolution, though certainly not a majority of fans.

So I would expect to see a French Revolution game at some point. It doesn't have to involve the AC3 ancestor, and likely won't. It's as simple as having a new modern-day protagonist who had an ancestor who lived through the French Revolution. I doubt we'll be seeing a spinoff story with this ancestor again like Ezio. His spinoff stories were to fill the time until AC3, but this game is supposed to be a conclusion.

DualFace
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
What? So far all we know is that this game contains the American Revolution. We have no idea what other plots or setting this game might contain. And we know nothing at all about what future games will be about. ACIII will most likely stay in NA, but there WILL be a game next year, two years at the latest. Ubisoft is not going to suddenly stop harvesting it's golden goose. And considering all the work that will go in to creating assets for this time period, I'm quite sure they will stick to it. You know, it'd be useful if there was already a precedent for this. Maybe like if they had previously made similar expansion-sequels in other cities, contemporary to the ones in the primary installment? Nah, Ubisoft would never do that

Yeah we do. The Revolution, the conclusion to Desmond's story, the 'saving of the Earth plot' from the sun, blah blah blah,
and then end of the main trilogy. As it was announced years back when Raymond was first introducing everyone to this new IP.

At the most, I might expect Ubisoft to turn ACIII into another trilogy, within a trilogy, as they did with ACII, but nothing more than that.
You're jumping way too far ahead of even Ubisoft at this point.

The only other reasonable 'excuse' for Ubisoft to make any more games outside of that is a prequel to paint us a more vivid story
of how this all started, with Subject 16 and TWCB---if they're not already heavily intwined within ACIII. And that would be tiresome
indeed, if that was separately printed on discs, just to keep making the games. This IP is not Ubisoft's only IP.

killzab
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
i hope not. i hate france.

Well, that's a very clever answer ! Then excuse my french but go f*** yourself !

gmoney8869
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah we do. The Revolution, the conclusion to Desmond's story, the 'saving of the Earth plot' from the sun, blah blah blah,
and then end of the main trilogy. As it was announced years back when Raymond was first introducing everyone to this new IP.

At the most, I might expect Ubisoft to turn ACIII into another trilogy, within a trilogy, as they did with ACII, but nothing more than that.
You're jumping way too far ahead of even Ubisoft at this point.

The only other reasonable 'excuse' for Ubisoft to make any more games outside of that is a prequel to paint us a more vivid story
of how this all started, with Subject 16 and TWCB---if they're not already heavily intwined within ACIII. And that would be tiresome
indeed, if that was separately printed on discs, just to keep making the games. This IP is not Ubisoft's only IP.

Right, they'll make it a whole multi-game multi-year production again. Or they'll do something else. Whatever it is, they know they can make more money by making it 3 games instead of 1. So that's obviouslly what they're going to do.....They don't really have to fit in in with the sci-fi framer, they could just make the games without it. It'll still sell just as much.