PDA

View Full Version : will the main character be full or half native american

Radman500
03-02-2012, 04:45 AM
he definetely has native american heritage... but i am trying to figure out if the main character will be

Full Native American

or Half Native American- Half White

what do you think

Radman500
03-02-2012, 05:03 AM
bump

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
how dare you bump this stuff the answer is in the photo where he is holding a pistol and a tomahawk ....the tomahawk represents his native american side...while the pistol represents his europian side... :D so there is no way he could be all something but all assassin lol ;)

jmk1999
03-02-2012, 05:49 AM
please don't bump threads or you'll face suspension.

anyway, in regards to the topic, i'm fairly certain we're still on desmond's ancestors (most likely)... so if that's the case, it's pretty unlikely that the main character is full blooded native american since his family would have had to travel from europe within the last 200 years.

FilipinoNinja67
03-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Full native american, definitly. Moderator doesnt know what hes talking about :P

I'm sorry but i laughed so hard when i read this. Yeah it should be desmonds ancestor meaning he would be linked to Altair and Ezio....

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
What defines "White"?

FilipinoNinja67
03-02-2012, 06:24 AM
White is actually every color in the visible sphincter mixed together.

Edit: lmao i still havent stopped laughing from this post... I dont know why though ive had better jokes than something as stoopid as this one...

jmk1999
03-02-2012, 06:27 AM
White is actually every color in the visible sphincter mixed together.
that actually only refers to the additive color wheel which is strictly in regards to light... which really has nothing to do with skin pigmentation... but who's counting?:rolleyes:

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 06:41 AM
What defines "White"?
white in this context is consider blonde light skinned european ...

Radman500
03-02-2012, 06:46 AM
maybe i said that wrong..... but anyways

I DO NOT think the main chracter will be full native american......

i think he will be half-native, half-european

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/cov_228_v1_front.jpg

The tomahawk in one hand representing his Native heritage and the gun in the other hand representing his European heritage

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 06:54 AM
maybe i said that wrong..... but anyways

I DO NOT think the main chracter will be full native american......

i think he will be half-native, half-european

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/cov_228_v1_front.jpg

The tomahawk in one hand representing his Native heritage and the gun in the other hand representing his European heritage

That and you know... Red, White, and Blue colors.

Radman500
03-02-2012, 06:55 AM
That and you know... Red, White, and Blue colors.

what do you mean...

so you agree with me that you think he is half-european, half-native american?

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 06:56 AM
what do you mean...

so you agree with me that you think he is half-european, half-native american?
Yeah.

Radman500
03-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Yeah.

the reason i think that... is because

if he really is going to fight against both sides (americans and british) then well at least to me, he has to be half....

since native americans fought with the british, and it shows him killing a british soldier in the cover art.....

ABXantos
03-02-2012, 10:03 AM
This doesn't necessarily mean he's half just because he dawns a tomahawk in one hand and a pistol in another. It can also mean an adaptation and assimilation of two cultures.

The Natives constantly traded with the Europeans to obtain weapons clothing and other goods and many adapted to the European cultures and learned their languages. He can be full Native and still Desmond can view his memories because he will later mate with one of Ezio's / Altiar's decendents.

Also Native Americans fought with all sides and against each other in many cases, however if they sided with any of the europeans, they prominently sides with the French or English because the French never took their lands and many of the French lived and mated with them, while on the other hand the English promised many native American tribes their lands back If they defeated the Colonists Rebels that took them away which encouraged many tribes to fight with the English (which is true since King Geroge had also issued the Royal Proclaimation of 1763 that forbade construction of British settlements westward and the taking of more land from the natives, especially those that fought with the English during the French and Indian War).

This reason alone also provides the grey area that our Assassin won't immediately join the side of the Contenential Americans during the war. Especially with the speculation that theAssassin is of Cherokee desent because the Cherokee were allied with the English.

FilipinoNinja67
03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
He has to be a direct descendant of Altair and Ezio...

Anyone else notice that every ancestor of Desmond is a guy? (Adam......)

ABXantos
03-02-2012, 01:38 PM
No he doesn't. Just the fact Ezio and Altiar are NOT related to each other proves that. Their lineages converge with Desmond (his parents being descendents of one of those two respectively). Also Aquilus from one of the Assassin's Creed comics is also an Ancestor of Desmond yet it is not confirmed when and where his line converges with either of the other Assassins' linage.

Our new Assassin is no exception whether he is full native or even half and half Native American-European and has no connection with Ezio or Altiar. His linage will converge when he mates with a descendent of one of Desmond's Assassin Ancestors. It is safe to say which ever he turns out to be he will NOT be related to one of those two Assassin's until after the events of AC3 when he settles down.

Also its not surprising that every Assassin ancestor is a male... but we know that he has more Ancestors that are also female aka Maria Thorpe, Sofia, Flavia Auditore, etc.

FilipinoNinja67
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes definitly, i was talking about the ones that he was passed down by. Im sorry but the single player really bored the hell outta me in AC2 so i dont know but Altair isnt Ezio's great great great great grandpap?

kalo.yanis
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
No. Jut like your grandmother on your father's side isn't related to your mother.

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I hope he's fully Native American, otherwise Ubisoft will be pulling the same cop-out as they did with Altair. "Don't worry, white customers! He's half-white, so it's okay!"

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Maria isn't an Ancestor of Desmond, Altair is, but not Maria.

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM

Yes she is. Brotherhood scene (or was it AC2? I've replayed them too much), where the camera stays with Maria and Altair dives away.

kalo.yanis
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM

That's idiotic. Who do you think Altair made sweet love to in order to start a lineage that would eventually lead to Desmond?

LightRey
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM

lolwut?
You saying Alta´r had an affair?

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Yes she is. Brotherhood scene (or was it AC2? I've replayed them too much), where the camera stays with Maria and Altair dives away.

Maybe it was staying with Sef who was now in her...

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 02:21 AM
It has already been confirmed in the Game Informer that he is half-native american, half-american.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 02:23 AM
His mother Is native american and his father is English. Making him half Native American, half English no?

JumpInTheFire13
03-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Full native american, definitly. Moderator doesnt know what hes talking about :P

I'm sorry but i laughed so hard when i read this. Yeah it should be desmonds ancestor meaning he would be linked to Altair and Ezio....

But he isn't linked to Ezio and Altair. Why won't be people ever get this through their heads?

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Half. his dad is English his mom is Indian.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:04 AM
But he isn't linked to Ezio and Altair. Why won't be people ever get this through their heads?

Exactly. The idea is that Desmond is special because he is the convergence point of several significant ancestral lines. Connor is most likely not a descendant of either of them.