PDA

View Full Version : ACIII: inventions ahead of its time

reddragonhrcro
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
We all know that in the AC games we get inventions and weapons ahead of their time(example:hidden gun,first used by Altair)Eventualy what came to my mind that would be a matching invention is the Le Mat revolver.
http://www.littlegun.info/arme%20americaine/revolver%20confedere/revolver%20confedere%20lemat-01.jpg
Eventualy from what i know it still uses gun powder paper packages like used in muskets(and pistols alike).I think that it would be beautiful to see this gun restyled in AC style,all engraved in AC motifes and so on and to make it a invention ahead of its time for ACIII

Limed_-
03-01-2012, 10:43 PM
I'd love to see him using a Winchester Repeating Rifle or Carbine, however the rate of fire would make it overpowered.

rileypoole1234
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
The inventions were never this ridiculous. The war machines in ACB were fake yes, but they were based on real things from that time period. They didn't have anything like this during the revolution.

brick177
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Maybe something based around one of James Watt's experimental steam engines?

Dieinthedark
03-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't want any more guns in AC

LoveTwisted
03-01-2012, 11:32 PM
IMO, the hidden gun is good enough, even the pistol we see on the cover art is fine with me, as back then reload times were rediculous.
I just hope they don't go too overboard with the firearms, I want to feel like an Assassin, not a hitman. Blades>guns

reddragonhrcro
03-01-2012, 11:48 PM
This revolver does not use ammo as revolvers use now and then,it uses a paper wraped package of gunpowder pressed into the cylinder before the bullet like muskets(and pistols of that time).As a matter of fact its reload time takes some time as each cylinder needs to be reloaded one by one with gunpowder and a bullet(the cylinder has 9 bullet chambers).Theres a rod on the gun used to push in the package of gun powder and bullet on the front of the gun as the cylinder canīt be removed and is filled up from front.A special ability i would like to see on it is "gun slinger" which is a sort like the charged throwing knife attack in which the assassin throws knives at multiple tragets but this time with the revolver he shoots targets one by one in a row in front of him.Eventualy a powerful weapon for that time but requires a lot time to reload as i said that it needs to be reloaded like a musket which takes time, especialy all 9 chambers.And also its a short range weapon so no 9 kill streak on large distance.

Mutley_Rulz
03-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Our main ranged weapon (Crossbow equivilent) is a bow and arrow, we can see that on the cover art. So, apart from in special cir****tances (Horse chaces etc.) we can expect to not use muskets. They're too bulky to carry around when climbing/running.
The gun... well meh. I didn't really agree with the hidden gun, and carrying a revolver just screams "Look AC1, look how far we've come from stealth!"

Dieinthedark
03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
IMO, the hidden gun is good enough, even the pistol we see on the cover art is fine with me, as back then reload times were rediculous.
I just hope they don't go too overboard with the firearms, I want to feel like an Assassin, not a hitman. Blades>guns

qft

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Why are you saying that to him? Do you not understand your greater and lesser signs? He's with you in no guns for AC3.

LoveTwisted
03-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Why are you saying that to him? Do you not understand your greater and lesser signs? He's with you in no guns for AC3.

Exactly, thanks :3

Randy 355
03-02-2012, 06:16 AM
The gun... well meh. I didn't really agree with the hidden gun, and carrying a revolver just screams "Look AC1, look how far we've come from stealth!"
If you're trying to be stealthy, why would you use the gun? It's all up to the player. Besides, even Altair had some moments of action. Even the perfect assassin might need an some extra bang for those high intensity situations... which are inevitable.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
If you're trying to be stealthy, why would you use the gun? It's all up to the player. Besides, even Altair had some moments of action. Even the perfect assassin might need an some extra bang for those high intensity situations... which are inevitable.

Look people, if you are gonna move from ancient age to modern age assassins, the introduction of guns is inevitable. Take desmond for example, do you think he will fight with his hidden blade? The end sequence stick fight of AC2 was super-stupid. In the Abstergo dossiers they clearly stated that the hidden blade is just of ceremonial value in modern times. So the introduction of guns is inevitable. As the poster above me said, even Altair had to use the hidden gun, so every assassin has a moment when he needs his gun. The only thing is to wait and see how ubisoft makes it feel unique.

nukelukespuke34
03-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe Ben Franklin will make you a rudimentary suppressor. You are supposed to be stealthy, afterall.

LordWolv
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
No more guns!
If you want to shoot someone, go and dribble over CoD.
But seriously, just no.

reddragonhrcro
03-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I also put this topic that you share your ideas aswell,so feel free to share what you have on mind.

SleezeRocker
03-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I think the Hidden Gun+Blade is good enough. Im sure The New Guy can still compete against enemies with a Bayonet rifle. Plus, im sure The New Guy will pull off CQC/Snake style combat moves on soldiers who are (possibly) more into gunfare than swordplay, but I can't really say, we will have to see an AC(E)3 trailer to check out the plot or something ;)

Assassin_M
03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
So you want to play during the american revolution with no gun...
Hmm Interesting..

*Fast forward to release date"

​AWESOME PISTOL IS AWESOME !!!!

reddragonhrcro
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
AWESOME PISTOL IS AWESOME !!!!

You mean the one that i put?Yeah it is a nice revolver and would be even cooler to see it engraved and decorated.Also as i see that you play RDR(Undead Nightmare is my fav expansion of it) the gun can be seen also there with the same name Le Mat.I seen this revolver before the game as i have a book of historical weapons up to nowdays.

Also anyone interested in that book here is what its called:

WEAPON
A visual history of arms and armour

Consultant editor: Richard Holmes

Assassin_M
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
You mean the one that i put?Yeah it is a nice revolver and would be even cooler to see it engraved and decorated.Also as i see that you play RDR(Undead Nightmare is my fav expansion of it) the gun can be seen also there with the same name Le Mat.I seen this revolver before the game as i have a book of historical weapons up to nowdays.
Ahhh... No
I was talking about a realistically, historically placed Pistol..
Maybe like the one in the Game Informer cover ? Im fine with just that one really

SleezeRocker
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
lol i have the Undead Redemption standalone disc XD
Really fun short game with the benefits of full multiplayer..even though I suck at it :P

If the game was set around mid 1800's im sure The New Guy could have had Samuel Colt as the Leo Da Vinci at the time lol

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
No more guns!
If you want to shoot someone, go and dribble over CoD.
But seriously, just no.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM
If i see one more gun In my inventory ima bust a nut. Blades, maces and hammers for the motherfu**in win!