PDA

View Full Version : It's official - Assassin's Creed 3 : The American Revolution and gameinformer mag

Saar Ben Kiki
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Gameinformer is going to reveal more this monday on AC3here is the official statement with a few shots of the new protagonist...http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspxi hope we are on the american side thohttp://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422433_10150594293533068_6119163067_9102678_209358 1204_n.jpghttp://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/ac3cover610.jpghttp://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/cov_228_v2_l.jpghttp://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/cov_228_v1_l.jpghttp://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/ACIII_610_ad.jpghttp://i42.tinypic.com/2v1lt1h.jpgDiscuss,Whats that eagle on his hood tho?american or native american?GWSGE and Why do i have a feeling the hidden blade is not in this game?sfgasfgsa ---sssssssscratch that ! hidden blade seen on certain pictures,though, ONLY ONE blade.....info this monday 6 pm europe time !!! (Germany/Italy/France)
------------What we currently know------------
-Release Date: 30th October, 2012
- American Revolution of the late 18th century (probably 1770-1779)
- probable reveal of Assassin name on Gameinformer this monday (magazine includes 13 pages on Assassin's Creed III)
- special assassin tomhawk with the symbol portrayed inside
- new weapon type/instead of dagger/replacement for hidden blade perhaps?
- george washington to have a bigger role, perhaps greater antagonist or on the other hand a role like Lorenzo De Medicci
- Boston as one of the cities is a 100% to be featured in the game- three year development

GUYS THIS MONDAY 5TH MARCH THE MAGAZINE AND ITS 13 Pages of AC3 info are released!

sticks165
03-01-2012, 07:02 PM
:O
i like the second cover

eagleforlife1
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I really hope we are against the Americans. I'm sick of every other country in the world portrayed as the evil scumbags and the Americans always being the ones that saved the day. Having said that seeing as we're playing as a native American I don't mind so much.

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:06 PM
He has the Rebel blue on in one, but the Redcoad red on the back....

DannyStrong
03-01-2012, 07:08 PM
altair and ezio had "edges" on their hoods to. it was supposed to be like the beak of an eagle. it's kind of a trademark thing that they all have.

btw this is for the april cover of GI. I'm crossing my fingers for an april fools joke.

notafanboy
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Awthum !!!!

brick177
03-01-2012, 07:12 PM
It would be a terrible April Fools joke since Ubisoft is releasing all the details on Monday, March 5th.

luckyto
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I really hope we are against the Americans. I'm sick of every other country in the world portrayed as the evil scumbags and the Americans always being the ones that saved the day. Having said that seeing as we're playing as a native American I don't mind so much.

Well, until the last 40 years or so, we were the ones that saved the day. ;)

SixKeys
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
From the article:

"Ever since the conclusion of Assassin's Creed II, a senior team of Ubisoft developers has been secretly toiling away on what comes next. That team aimed high, with plans to examine and rethink every element of the franchise from the ground up, build something new, and take a full three year development cycle to do it."

YES YES YES. Let's finally get something new and groundbreaking into the mix again!

DannyStrong
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
also, it doesn't look like the assassin has a hidden blade. but I don't think i'm against that. I'm ready for some new weapons and some new moves. Dual assassinations from above were fun, but that's ezios trademark thing. A new assassin needs a new style.

reddragonhrcro
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
You can notice the hidden blade in the first image(box art) on the hand holding the tomahawk.

kriegerdesgottes
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Awesome! I had a feeling Gameinformer would be revealing this stuff this month. Thanks for the post

De Filosoof
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
i hope we are on the american side tho

Lol. yeah i think he's on the American side...The NATIVE american side:cool:.

brick177
03-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Keep in mind, the Native Americans were hired by the British to fight against the colonists. I bet our Assassin is half Native American and half European too.

eagleforlife1
03-01-2012, 07:41 PM
When is Game informer due for release?

tarrero
03-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, this looks AWESOME!!!!!!

In would be beyond words if he had the chance to visit london!

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Lol. yeah i think he's on the American side...The NATIVE american side:cool:.

The Native American side is not necessarily the same side as the Rebels.

Actually, most Native Americans fought with the British because they were afraid of the Rebels taking their territory if they won.

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM

I beleive it's the April release.

SixKeys
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Keep in mind he's fighting for the assassins. That means he'll be fighting Templars, no matter which side they're on.

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Keep in mind he's fighting for the assassins. That means he'll be fighting Templars, no matter which side they're on.

I think he will work with both sides... Look at the box art. I feel like there's a hidden meaning. The assassin is in the middle of both sides.

Saar Ben Kiki
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
the mag is due to 5 march
btw where was it ever mentioned that hes half native american?
couldnt any info like that... and clothes dont necessarily mean hes indian

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Well, besides his outfit and weapons....his face looks totally native. Plus there was all the rumors from months ago.

tarrero
03-01-2012, 08:01 PM
From What we have seen form the glyphs, there were templars on both sides during WW2, I suspect it is the same with the american revolution.

BTW I would love to do some missions in london!

misterB2001
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
where can i get the magazine in the UK? Any ideas? Will it also be available on launch day (5th March)

EnXess
03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, until the last 40 years or so, we were the ones that saved the day. ;)
No, you were just the late people to the party, so to speak. Unlike most countries who were in it from the start.

Though I guess America did make up for it by being early to every recent war :p

kalo.yanis
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Those covers look... AWESOME!!! :eek:

egriffin09
03-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I was a little concerned about the parkour gameplay element of AC, but these cover reveals have me super excited for this game. Maybe AC III is going to be more involved with crowds since the battles of the revolution were usually between really large groups of opposing soldiers. I hate to say it, but with battles of this time period, maybe ubisoft is moving away from being really stealthy like infiltration missions in ACB, but still maintaining a social stealth like in AC 2. I wont mind if AC III is more action-oriented with large group battles of the revolution. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to fight in some of those battles as an assassin and just slaughter red coats (is it stealthy, No, but would it be extremely fun, Yes).Just as long as it doesn't get too out of hand that the game doesn't feel like AC anymore, I'm fine with it. Perfect mix to me would be: some assassination targets that you have to kill using stealth (like in AC 2) and then some epic battles of the revolution were you can pull out the pistol and go crazy and kill everything, not too much though. Story should be amazing, seeing it's one of America's more interesting time periods full of political and social problems and alot of historical people as well.

rileypoole1234
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Now THAT looks cool. I'm am super excited. Wow this is awesome. I have no words.

lukaszep
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM

I've never seen GI in shops and i've never subscribed or anything, but it'll probably be released around the end of March. That's a guess.

kriegerdesgottes
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah the April edition will come out in March so very shortly. I'll probably get it in the mail in a week or two.

ION_05
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Did anybody else notice that the tomahawk's blade is in the shape of the assassin's symbol.

agitatedchimp
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
What if... the assassins wasn't on either side of the war and just played a Neutral role..

jatt100
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Like others have already said, I really hope Ubi dont make another story where the Americans are portrayed as the "good guys". Because tbh, I dont think either side in this war were good.

So saying that I hope this assassin isnt fighting for any one side. He should be on his own side. The Assassins side. B) Also I really hope he's Native American.

luckyto
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
How is fighting for freedom of the people against tyranny not "good"? The American Revolution represents about everything the Creed has been about since AC1... the right of people to choose their own destiny.

anyways, I didn't think I'd be excited about this but seeing those images... I'm stoked. it should be great!

tarrero
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Like others have already said, I really hope Ubi dont make another story where the Americans are portrayed as the "good guys". Because tbh, I dont think either side in this war were good.

So saying that I hope this assassin isnt fighting for any one side. He should be on his own side. The Assassins side. B) Also I really hope he's Native American.

From What we have seen form the glyphs, there were templars on both sides during WW2, I suspect it is the same with the american revolution, also don AC1 Altair killed both crusaders and saracens

bighead89
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Going to be worth buying or just a reskin of past ones?

Don't misunderstand, I greatly enjoyed the first couple. But they're all so... the same thing.

- short
- no replay value (aside from just because I like running around in them)
- mostly the same moves
- not in the slightest bit difficult
- multiplayer... ha

I bought 1-3. Didn't get the 4th, seemed like nothing changed from the others. Renting it from redbox this weekend because the northeast finally got a snowstorm which gives me some extra free time.

jatt100
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
How is fighting for freedom of the people against tyranny not "good"? The American Revolution represents about everything the Creed has been about since AC1... the right of people to choose their own destiny.

anyways, I didn't think I'd be excited about this but seeing those images... I'm stoked. it should be great!

Well on one hand youve got people who took over the land of the Natives and on the other youve got the people who want nothing more than money and power. They both seem pretty bad to me.....Also I dont really know anything about the Revolutionary War, as I live in the UK and we dont learn about American history (dun dun duhhhhhhh!!)

tarrero
03-01-2012, 10:20 PM
To me, it makes A LOT of sense if our protagonist is either native or half, because is more likely that, since "ancient times", his tribe had found that "temple" and their creators.

jatt100
03-01-2012, 10:25 PM
To me, it makes A LOT of sense if our protagonist is either native or half, because is more likely that, since "ancient times", his tribe had found that "temple" and their creators.

Maybe he is Native American and hes fighting both sides so that the he can protect the secrets of the temple?

tarrero
03-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe he is Native American and hes fighting both sides so that the he can protect the secrets of the temple?

Also against other tribes...
Do not know much about american history beside the basics though.

rob.davies2014
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Could anyone tell me which shops will be selling the April GI issue in the UK?

notafanboy
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Did anybody else notice that the tomahawk's blade is in the shape of the assassin's symbol.

or is the assassin symbol shaped like a tomahawk ?

Captain Tomatoz
03-01-2012, 10:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Razrback16
03-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Going to be worth buying or just a reskin of past ones?

Don't misunderstand, I greatly enjoyed the first couple. But they're all so... the same thing.

- short
- no replay value (aside from just because I like running around in them)
- mostly the same moves
- not in the slightest bit difficult
- multiplayer... ha

I bought 1-3. Didn't get the 4th, seemed like nothing changed from the others. Renting it from redbox this weekend because the northeast finally got a snowstorm which gives me some extra free time.

lol, are you crazy dude? No replay value? I've replayed the AC games more than any other games I have. They're awesome every time.

grant770
03-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Okay, so I was just doing a Google search on what Boston looked like during the American Revolution. One of the search results caught my eye as it said "Boston Massacre March 5th, 1770. March 5th is the day that GI is giving out their info on AC 3 and its also the beginning of GDC (i think). Anyways just posting my thoughts :).

brick177
03-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Okay, so I was just doing a Google search on what Boston looked like during the American Revolution. One of the search results caught my eye as it said "Boston Massacre March 5th, 1770. March 5th is the day that GI is giving out their info on AC 3 and its also the beginning of GDC (i think). Anyways just posting my thoughts :).

Dude, good find! Boston Massacre is what kicked off the revolution.

rob.davies2014
03-01-2012, 11:42 PM
After extensive research, it seems that individual GI issues are hard to come by in the UK. I can't really afford to buy a subscription for several issues I just wish I could read the AC issue.
Would someone be able to scan the article when they get it and post it on here?

Altair661
03-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes, it's about time. This looks about freaking time. And to think that they've been working on this for three full years? I knew they couldnt do AC3 in a year. And a brand new Assassin in a game built from the ground up? No one contact me on October 30th, i will playing the absolute crap outta this game. For the whole week I will have no life.

SixKeys
03-01-2012, 11:45 PM
After extensive research, it seems that individual GI issues are hard to come by in the UK. I can't really afford to buy a subscription for several issues I just wish I could read the AC issue.

What you're asking for is copyright infringement and against the forum rules. I'm pretty sure once the issue is out, you won't have too much trouble finding it one way or another...

sticks165
03-01-2012, 11:48 PM

pretty sure you can buy it at a book store or game store

Dieinthedark
03-02-2012, 12:06 AM
These look good but I still have doubts on how it will play out. I'm okay with being proved wrong though!

rob.davies2014
03-02-2012, 12:06 AM
But it was done before I'm sure with Brotherhood and Revelations.

De Filosoof
03-02-2012, 12:14 AM
What you're asking for is copyright infringement and against the forum rules. I'm pretty sure once the issue is out, you won't have too much trouble finding it one way or another...

What about leaked images, artwork and information that always get posted on the forums? That's copyright infringement too right?
I'm living in The Netherlands and there's no Game informer here, so it would be nice if somebody can post the GI AC3 stuff for the people who don't have access to it

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 12:15 AM
What about leaked images, artwork and information that always get posted on the forums? That's copyright infringement too right?
I'm living in The Netherlands and there's no Game informer here, so it would be nice if somebody can post the GI AC3 stuff for the people who don't have access to it

^This, except I'm in England. Last year someone posted the Revelations article up for us to read.

sticks165
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
you can try gameinformer.com they put all the info on they're site

grant770
03-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Dude, good find! Boston Massacre is what kicked off the revolution. Thanks for the positive reply! I wasn't sure what to expect haha.

ION_05
03-02-2012, 02:14 AM

LOL, I thinks its a nice touch making the tomahawk look more like an assassins weapon.

LionHeart XXII
03-02-2012, 02:18 AM
OMG! im soo freaking excited!!!!

jzsnyder
03-02-2012, 03:06 AM

You do realize that it's the winning side that writes the history for wars? That's why you don't hear much about how brave the German soldiers were during WWII...

kudos17
03-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Very interesting. Wonder how it will turn out...

I personally hope they portray Washington as he really was - which, contrary to popular belief, not a nice all-around guy.

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 03:24 AM

Oftentimes (granted, not always) those threads get locked down or deleted for that very reason. The images that were released today were soon posted by Ubisoft themselves, so it's not too bad, but the threads from last year where the leaked audio from the Lost Archive was posted were quickly shut down.

I happen to live in the Netherlands too and it sucks we don't have GI here. I do hope the article will become available for all at some point. Not saying I would personally be against it being posted here ;) , just that directly asking for someone to scan copyrighted material is against the forum rules and may get you into trouble.

bighead89
03-02-2012, 03:27 AM
lol, are you crazy dude? No replay value? I've replayed the AC games more than any other games I have. They're awesome every time.

They're the same thing, every time. But you can say that about the majority of games these days, so it's not surprising its your most replayed game. To make it worse, you have to actually try to fail or die as well.

ABXantos
03-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Very interesting. Wonder how it will turn out...

I personally hope they portray Washington as he really was - which, contrary to popular belief, not a nice all-around guy.

Well based on what was said about him in AC2 he's definately a Templar and will obtain a PoE during the course of this game

E-Zekiel
03-02-2012, 04:44 AM

While I don't disagree, it wouldn't actually make sense for him to side the British, either.

You know he's more than likely not going to pick one side over the other aside from convenience - as in, he might maybe side with America in a battle, but only because it serves as a distraction, or he's trying to retrieve some object, etc etc.

The British didn't come to kill the assassins, and the assassins don't really get involved in war except to either stop it from occurring beforehand, or to curb the death of innocents. Something like that.