PDA

View Full Version : What to expect in Brotherhood?

A guy named Rap
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I am getting AC:B again tomorrow and I am pumped to go back to my roots, when I don't recall being frustrated while playing a match in that game, ever! So, for those of you who went back to AC:B, what things should I expect? More roofers? A laggy experience? Harder/easier to find matches?

Thanks

AntiChrist7
02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
way harder to find matches i recon

obliviondoll
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
-Way harder to find matches.
-Lag.
-No really, LAG
-Cheap exploits are more reliable than any form of skill
-Most skilled players abandoned the game, so it's a noobfest/booster paradise (not that ACR is any better with the boosters).
-Lagitty lag lag LAG. I really can't emphasise how bad this has become... Seriously. LAG!!!

Seriously, I VERY strongly recommend AGAINST spending money on the game for multiplayer.

The lag has been getting progressively worse since last March - if you played before then, it WILL be unplayable in comparison with what you remember. If you played before June, when things really came to a head and almost everyone was having issues, then that was when it first peaked and hasn't come back much since - in spite of a patch being promised in July. And the recent server shift Ubisoft have done has caused trouble for even the few people who hadn't quit before it.

So... yeah... all in all, NOT a good scene. I'm still not buying ANYTHING from Ubisoft until I start seeing MAJOR improvement to their treatment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, their fans, and some SERIOUS overhauls to their Support setup, since that's completely broken too.

ThaFazz
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
-Lag.
-No really, LAG
-Most skilled players abandoned the game, so it's a noobfest/booster paradise (not that ACR is any better with the boosters).
-Lagitty lag lag LAG. I really can't emphasise how bad this has become... Seriously. LAG!!!

Seriously, I VERY strongly recommend AGAINST spending money on the game for multiplayer.

The lag has been getting progressively worse since last March - if you played before then, it WILL be unplayable in comparison with what you remember. If you played before June, when things really came to a head and almost everyone was having issues, then that was when it first peaked and hasn't come back much since - in spite of a patch being promised in July. And the recent server shift Ubisoft have done has caused trouble for even the few people who hadn't quit before it.

So... yeah... all in all, NOT a good scene. I'm still not buying ANYTHING from Ubisoft until I start seeing MAJOR improvement to their treatment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, their fans, and some SERIOUS overhauls to their Support setup, since that's completely broken too.
I don't know if you're on ps3 but on xbox the lag is actually way worse on ACR than ACB. Plus it's not very hard to fund a match although you're mostly going to run into horrible noobs. A lot of the top players still play ACB though which I hope doesn't change.

obliviondoll
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm on PS3, and I don't have ACR because I was smart enough to start boycotting Ubisoft when I realised they'd given up on doing anything we wanted.

Recent improvements to communication are a (small) step in the right direction though...

sht4brainz
03-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Hi,

I am getting AC:B again tomorrow and I am pumped to go back to my roots, when I don't recall being frustrated while playing a match in that game, ever! So, for those of you who went back to AC:B, what things should I expect? More roofers? A laggy experience? Harder/easier to find matches?

Thanks

The lag isn't as bad as oblivion makes it out to be. It's just that if you get into a lobby with someone with a really bad connection, it can make you pull your teeth out.

It is harder to find matches. Now mostly everyone plays on DLC 0.0. I still get disconnects playing in that version, so it doesn't matter which DLC you're on.

Mostly filled with newbs. Don't bother playing manhunt b/c you'll lose your voice yelling at your level 8 teammates. You can win Wanted matches easily by not even trying.

You can find some good opponents here and there, but they're most likely roof junkies with no skill.

The contract system is still crap, probably worst than ever. I don't know how bad it is in ACR, but if you get an early sizable lead, prepare thy ANgUS, b/c the game will do everything it can to screw you over by slapping multiple pursuers the rest of the way and giving each of them a 5 second head start while you respawn.

deadly_thought
03-01-2012, 08:08 AM
my xbox experience acb = less lag less wait times and less game bugs

roofing is a about equal

Limed_-
03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I visited ACB a few weeks ago, and yesterday too.
Here's my experience with that darned game:

Many low levels that allow me to focus easily,
Roofing,
Gunners,
Takes two hours to find a match,
Offensive smoke ( I don't know why they even use it.. )\
Poison streak incognito hidden focus kills stolen by teammates.. lol

Emvidasch
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I started over as well. Indeed, there are a lot of bad players now. If you're on Xbox, at the end of your match just give them a bad player review for not understanding how to play the game. Eventually you get teamed up with some decent people. Otherwise, just play with friends. You'll find better players in Ranked matches than Player matches.

As for the lag, barely experienced any. I don't know why so many people are complaining. Maybe I have a good connection or something? Just do whatever you can to improve connectivity.

Neither did I find any glitches. Guess I'm lucky...

Overall, I have less problems than in Revelations.

As an extra note, I play with DLC 2.0 on and I find Manhunt matches fairly easy. Wanted is slightly quicker. If you have trouble, just try to find out on what time most people play. Works for me.

Hope it helps a little.

SquirrelInDaSky
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM

-Lag.
-No really, LAG

Oh same old bull****. There are way less bugs and lags in ACB then in ACR, and again, it depends a lot on your own internet connection. I haven't experienced any problems playing ACB lately. I dont know if tis really that hard to find a game on dlc 3, but i am sure you will not have anjy problems getting into a game on dlc 0. There lots of noobs playing ACB right now, and most of them dont know that dlc 2 and 1 exist, so dont try looking for games in those, yo will just spend time.
Other then that ACB is perfect and fun to play.

A guy named Rap
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the replies people. Just got my copy and I can't seem to get on the multiplayer. I'm getting that ****ed "server unavailable" message. Is there some sort of maintenance scheduled today or did the server change screw this game up?

rocketxsurgeon
03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Make sure you have all DLC turned off too (:

A guy named Rap
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Right, did the DMZ tweak and I just played my "welcome back" match. I've carried over habits from ACR :P The B mashing, the dropping of smoke just right after stunning someone, the corner stuns, etc. Everything feels so slow, but it's perfect! I missed the smoother gameplay of AC:B. If I have a number of decent matches, I think I'll buy a copy again (only renting it this time)

Emvidasch
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Right, did the DMZ tweak and I just played my "welcome back" match. I've carried over habits from ACR :P The B mashing, the dropping of smoke just right after stunning someone, the corner stuns, etc. Everything feels so slow, but it's perfect! I missed the smoother gameplay of AC:B. If I have a number of decent matches, I think I'll buy a copy again (only renting it this time)
It definitely feels strange going back. I was so confused! I had one of the pursuers locked in Manhunt, and forgot to take it off. Then I tried stunning another one who was already on the ground from a stun of one of my teammates. I was mashing B like no tomorrow but couldn't stun him because I was locked onto somebody else! XD Once I knew what happened I was like: "I just got killed because the lock system actually works..."

A guy named Rap
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
It definitely feels strange going back. I was so confused! I had one of the pursuers locked in Manhunt, and forgot to take it off. Then I tried stunning another one who was already on the ground from a stun of one of my teammates. I was mashing B like no tomorrow but couldn't stun him because I was locked onto somebody else! XD Once I knew what happened I was like: "I just got killed because the lock system actually works..."

Haha ikr, I just remembered that the stun range is narrower than ACR's. I see my teammate in Manhunt going up close to the target sitting on the bench and I went "Be careful be careful, DISTANCE!!!" and to put the icing on a cake, I just done a bench-to-bench kill :P

While I wait for the upcoming awesome tweaks for ACR, I'll settle in on ACB in the meantime. Feels good to play stealthy again.

Moi-dix-Mois43
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks

Ever since Revelations, the only people left on AC:B are the @sshole players sadly :( The grouped ones, who noobplay the entire time but still stunlock you on defense, OR they'll just leave. THOSE players *shudders*