PDA

View Full Version : AC III location leaked! (Possibly)

gp2razor
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Now I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable site but I found this on the AC R page of Wikipedia 'On January 23, 2012, a supposed "inside source" at Ubisoft claimed that Assassin's Creed III would take place during the American Revolution (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution), though this has not been confirmed or denied by Ubisoft.'

LordWolv
02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
This has been mentioned and discussed before, but, indeed. It is interesting.

Razrback16
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I'd rather see France, myself before they come to America.

pacmanate
02-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I hope he isn't some prancy **** if its in france, not to stereotype or anything

LadyGahan2010
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope it's just somene's wishful thinking. :rolleyes:
(why does a smiley have to SMILE?)

LightRey
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Old news. Came from Kotaku. Probably a lie.

Assassin_M
02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Old news. Came from Otaku. Probably a lie.
Kotaku*
I corrected Rey xD :P
Jk ok ?

sanceman
Nothing would be a more boring setting for me, America's "overrated", especially the revolution era and if you compare it to the French revolution this is easy to see. The French revolution was a very bloody and exciting period, basically it was the sum of all kinds of evil men has put together in history, it would be perfect for and AC game. And of course I have a feeling that Ubisoft just has to make a game in that era as a French company.

EscoBlades
Old news. Came from Otaku. Probably a lie.

Listen to this man, for he is wise.

LightRey
02-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Kotaku*
I corrected Rey xD :P
Jk ok ?

xD
Oops. Think I've read a few too many manga.

There, I fixed it.

GeneralTrumbo
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't know. Ever since all this center has been given to Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden, I think at least part of the game should be there to really show us how the place was.

E-Zekiel
02-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope he isn't some prancy **** if its in france, not to stereotype or anything

What an ignorant thing to post. :/

Dieinthedark
02-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I really hope it isn't in America...

sanceman
02-29-2012, 11:07 PM
The new picture at the AC Facebook page really suggest a Russian setting to me. That would be absolutley awesome if they chose the right period, for example I can imagine Rasputin as a Templar and a main villain.

TheAras777
02-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't believe it's Russia, at least not during the period with Rasputin and such.

Anyone who know the story of Daniel Cross knows that he explored the memories of his ancestor in Russia during that very period and I believe his ancestor killed Rasputin so I don't think so.

sanceman
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't believe it's Russia, at least not during the period with Rasputin and such.

Anyone who know the story of Daniel Cross knows that he explored the memories of his ancestor in Russia during that very period and I believe his ancestor killed Rasputin so I don't think so.

That story was wasted for the Fall? Shame! Though if it was his ancestor then it's still possible.

Black Shadow943
03-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Personally I don't want a frenchman for a few reasons
1. yes the french revolution was bloody and violent but that wouldn't make the game more interesting and if this time around he were french he'd probobly be best friends with annoying little mijit bonapard
2. because the french reveolution was just very straight forward there was no real need for stealth, thats what the assassin's strive for. you guys know the saying "We work in the DARK to serve the light, we are assassins"
3. not trying to be stereo typical on this one but all french people are couards (not trying to be racist either just stating and= opinion) their armies tanks have to directions forwards and reverse and the french battle cry is NOT THE FACE
just sayin

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 03:59 AM
1. yes the french revolution was bloody and violent but that wouldn't make the game more interesting and if this time around he were french he'd probobly be best friends with annoying little mijit bonapard
2. because the french reveolution was just very straight forward there was no real need for stealth, thats what the assassin's strive for. you guys know the saying "We work in the DARK to serve the light, we are assassins"
3. not trying to be stereo typical on this one but all french people are couards (not trying to be racist either just stating and= opinion) their armies tanks have to directions forwards and reverse and the french battle cry is NOT THE FACE
just sayin

Oh you had better be trolling. Nonsense from beginning to end.

sanceman
03-01-2012, 04:45 AM
just sayin

You do realise that a vast majority of people working on AC are French or Canadian? No need for this here.

ProletariatPleb
03-01-2012, 05:31 AM
just sayin
Uhm, I think "Dark" here means quietly without fanfare that "I killed him! Hell yeah! Medal Medal!!"

I can't really explain it properly...but I think dark here doesn't not mean that sort of stealth...it rather means..behind the scenes, quietly doing things to make the world a better place.

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Oh you had better be trolling. Nonsense from beginning to end.

People on here bash americans, I don't see anyone getting upset about that...just saying.

As for the image that came from the best buy employee...I'm going to call b.s.

1) I don't think best buy employees are kept in the loop like that.

2) This kinda screams a anonymous person creating art to fuel a desired wish.

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 05:48 AM
People on here bash americans, I don't see anyone getting upset about that...just saying.

As for the image that came from the best buy employee...I'm going to call b.s.

1) I don't think best buy employees are kept in the loop like that.

2) This kinda screams a anonymous person creating art to fuel a desired wish.

Haven't seen USA-bashing like that here. Sometimes it can be justified, and I often find myself in agreement with people knocking my country. I'm not from North America, so maybe I missed something. This, however, was totally ignorant and the person has nothing factually correct in that post, not even Bonaparte's height.

The mention of a "Best Buy worker" doesn't necessarily mean shop-floor staff.

Whoever did this doesn't seem to have put it anywhere else. It's not on Deviant Art, which is a good sign straight away. The hint of a blue Ubi circle in the bottom right is the kind of detail which usually gets missed with other fakes. I'm happy to trust this one.

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 06:06 AM
just sayin

To be fair, the french did help the US in the US Revolution. Chances are, without the aid of the french, there would be no United States.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Nothing would be a more boring setting for me, America's "overrated", especially the revolution era and if you compare it to the French revolution this is easy to see. The French revolution was a very bloody and exciting period, basically it was the sum of all kinds of evil men has put together in history, it would be perfect for and AC game. And of course I have a feeling that Ubisoft just has to make a game in that era as a French company.

I'm hoping for both. There are more obvious hints for the French Revolution but there are also many clues about the American one. It can span both, they were at pretty much the same time.

Whoever did this doesn't seem to have put it anywhere else. It's not on Deviant Art, which is a good sign straight away. The hint of a blue Ubi circle in the bottom right is the kind of detail which usually gets missed with other fakes. I'm happy to trust this one.

http://i43.tinypic.com/rivtrk.jpg

Woah, just noticed, I think this is a picture taken of the boxart design.

LordWolv
03-01-2012, 06:45 AM
You need to ask yourself; this is the game box we're talking about. They are NOT going to put a sketch, concept design or what is a clear drawing on the front of the box, as they want people to buy it. They will use either CGI or gameplay graphics on the box, not a concept design. And, while some miss the Ubisoft symbol, it would take anyone ten seconds to put it on.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 06:48 AM
You need to ask yourself; this is the game box we're talking about. They are NOT going to put a sketch, concept design or what is a clear drawing on the front of the box, as they want people to buy it. They will use either CGI or gameplay graphics on the box, not a concept design. And, while some miss the Ubisoft symbol, it would take anyone ten seconds to put it on.

We can't say that for fact, it could very well be that. If it is a picture of the art in reality it would look much better, the color gets displaced through the camera.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Maybe it's just promotional art?

souNdwAve89
03-01-2012, 07:55 AM
So many threads on this topic, but I'll post this here to raise more awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/03mJk.jpg

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
So many threads on this topic, but I'll post this here to raise more awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/03mJk.jpg

Agh! Where did you find that?!

LordWolv
03-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Where did you find that!?

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 08:05 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/6z6mmw.jpg

Agh! (made this one)

souNdwAve89
03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
I found the image on the official Facebook page, but it got taken down quickly. I am VERY lucky to catch it in time =P

True_Assassin92
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
It seems AC3 is set in the American Revolution and you'll be a native american!

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
It seems AC3 is set in the American Revolution and you'll be a native american!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500.png

True_Assassin92
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM
How did I know you ask? Well it's obvious!

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 11:11 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/iyejp4.jpg

Here it is.

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
How did I know you ask? Well it's obvious!
http://t.qkme.me/353esz.jpg

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 11:14 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrp8bu9av1qibz0jo1_500.png

roflmao!

True_Assassin92
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I love sarcasme but I am and always will be Captain Obvious!

Now anyways I think this setting brings the serie to a whole new level, I think there will be way less climbing, more horseriding and stuff! Give me that image again and I'll give you a high five!

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/c8f/227/b12/resized/joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-i-thought-you-were-a-cunning-linguist-full-of-wit-and-merit-good-day-sir-6b9d93.jpg

True_Assassin92
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
That's a good one! :D

LightRey
03-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I automatically assume anything Kotaku says to be a lie. That "boxart design" could just be something someone made with some paint-like program and printed out. Kotaku lies all the time for the sake of the hype.

Think about it. They say they got it from Best Buy. How would Best Buy already be in the possession of a box art?

True_Assassin92
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I hope that you're right then there is still a chance for the french revolution!

SupremeCaptain
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
*inappropriate image removed*

LightRey
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I'd also like to point out that no AC game has ever used drawings as box art. They were always pictures of things that (looked like they) were rendered by the game itself.

GeneralTrumbo
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I hope for neither the American Revolution nor the French Revolution, personally. I want them to completely and utterly surprise us with the location!

EscoBlades
03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
I automatically assume anything Kotaku says to be a lie. That "boxart design" could just be something someone made with some paint-like program and printed out. Kotaku lies all the time for the sake of the hype.

Think about it. They say they got it from Best Buy. How would Best Buy already be in the possession of a box art?

Retailers get promo images well in advance of even the press. So Best Buy could realistically have the promo images, as they'd have to make stock decisions in the future based off audience reception.

That almost certainly won't be the box art. Those don't get decided until the game goes gold.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Retailers get promo images well in advance of even the press. So Best Buy could realistically have the promo images, as they'd have to make stock decisions in the future based off audience reception.

That almost certainly won't be the box art. Those don't get decided until the game goes gold.

That's what I thought. Thing is, I don't think I've ever seen AC concept art with the Ubisoft logo on it, so if it's not box art I don't see how it's legit.

EscoBlades
03-01-2012, 12:18 PM
That's what I thought. Thing is, I don't think I've ever seen AC concept art with the Ubisoft logo on it, so if it's not box art I don't see how it's legit.

It could be a concept aset. So not actual concept art, but officially branded for promotional use. I've received a few of them in my time.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Kotaku wasn't the source this time, Kotaku just reported it.

It is a Promotional Design. Also the first picture seems like a 3D render.

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
It is confirmed in my agenda..

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
It is confirmed in my agenda..
Same here.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Kotaku wasn't the source this time, Kotaku just reported it.

It is a Promotional Design. Also the first picture seems like a 3D render.

Yes they were. The image to the right was something that (they claimed) was leaked to them by a Best Buy employee.

http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii?popular=true

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes they were. The image to the right was something that (they claimed) was leaked to them by a Best Buy employee.

http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii?popular=true

GameInformer also created a hub image featuring different art of the same character, sharing important clothing details. If they'd reused Kotaku's image, I'd be willing to accept that maybe they jumped the gun with some in-house Photoshopping, but that's not what this is. Also GameInformer is effectively the publishing arm of Gamestop retail. There is every reason why both Best Buy and Gamestop would have advance artwork, since this is probably what Ubisoft was going to reveal either today or March 5th, not least that they are the two biggest partners for unique pre-order bonuses.

This is going to be at least the primary location and protagonist.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
GameInformer also created a hub image featuring different art of the same character, sharing important clothing details. If they'd reused Kotaku's image, I'd be willing to accept that maybe they jumped the gun with some in-house Photoshopping, but that's not what this is. Also GameInformer is effectively the publishing arm of Gamestop retail. There is every reason why both Best Buy and Gamestop would have advance artwork, since this is probably what Ubisoft was going to reveal either today or March 5th, not least that they are the two biggest partners for unique pre-order bonuses.

This is going to be at least the primary location and protagonist.

Source?

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Source?

GameInformer took it down, but they had a banner image which has been posted all over the forum already. It has "Visit The Hub" written on it. Note the small details such as the ****ons connecting the hood to the other clothing.

GameInformer's hubs are really important: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/revelations.aspx

Lots of information for games appears on GI's hubs first before anybody else gets it.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
GameInformer took it down, but they had a banner image which has been posted all over the forum already. It has "Visit The Hub" written on it. Note the small details such as the ****ons connecting the hood to the other clothing.

GameInformer's hubs are really important: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/revelations.aspx

Lots of information for games appears on GI's hubs first before anybody else gets it.

As I said in another thread, that is a common hype-tactic.
Also, said image was photoshopped. They just placed an assassin in this picture (book cover):

http://www.armchairinterviews.com/covers/3376-large.jpg

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 01:20 PM
As I said in another thread, that is a common hype-tactic.
Also, said image was photoshopped. They just placed an assassin in this picture (book cover):

http://www.armchairinterviews.com/covers/3376-large.jpg

Yes I think anyone with a passing knowledge of American history recognises "Washington Crossing The Delaware". The assassins will have come from Ubisoft. As I say, GI's artists aren't that good.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Yes I think anyone with a passing knowledge of American history recognises "Washington Crossing The Delaware". The assassins will have come from Ubisoft. As I say, GI's artists aren't that good.

Then you shouldn't consider it valid information. Regardless of whether their artists are that good or not, that picture of the assassin could've come from anywhere and the only thing that really links it to the American Revolution is the context they placed it in. You're relying completely on at least partially fake information provided by people who can only benefit from releasing false information to create hype.

Nothing is confirmed until Ubisoft says so. End of story.

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Then you shouldn't consider it valid information. Regardless of whether their artists are that good or not, that picture of the assassin could've come from anywhere and the only thing that really links it to the American Revolution is the context they placed it in. You're relying completely on at least partially fake information provided by people who can only benefit from releasing false information to create hype.

I reverse image searched that picture as soon as it appeared last night. There were no results.

People fake box art in order to bring attention to their site/Deviant Art page. There is no reason to troll with no reward in this case. It's only a game, albeit a popular one, but nothing like as big as CoD, GTA etc.

Why would GameStop/GameInformer, with their long partnership with Ubisoft, risk the publisher's anger just for the sake of not being outdone by Kotaku and IGN? They have to have their graphical work done ahead of announcements so that they're ready to go live with the campaign straight after a full announcement.

Still, if it turns out by March 5th that this was all a joke, you can do a victory dance and I'll clap for you.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 01:32 PM

I find this completely ironic as you were one of the people making up theories and claiming they were fact with the DLC.

Also, that picture is famous, Ubisoft or the GI guys could very well have used it.

I've seen hundreds of versions of that picture, in official and unofficial things.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I reverse image searched that picture as soon as it appeared last night. There were no results.

People fake box art in order to bring attention to their site/Deviant Art page. There is no reason to troll with no reward in this case. It's only a game, albeit a popular one, but nothing like as big as CoD, GTA etc.

Why would GameStop/GameInformer, with their long partnership with Ubisoft, risk the publisher's anger just for the sake of not being outdone by Kotaku and IGN? They have to have their graphical work done ahead of announcements so that they're ready to go live with the campaign straight after a full announcement.

Still, if it turns out by March 5th that this was all a joke, you can do a victory dance and I'll clap for you.

Really? The more visits they get, the more money they make. It's as simple as that. Not to mention that it generates hype which GameStop will benefit from later when the game is released.
Then there's the fact that it just *happened* to be released "accidentally" right after Kotaku's "leak".

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Really? The more visits they get, the more money they make. It's as simple as that. Not to mention that it generates hype which GameStop will benefit from later when the game is released.
Then there's the fact that it just *happened* to be released "accidentally" right after Kotaku's "leak".

Everything is a big conspiracy theory with you isn't it?

Now I'm all for conspiracies but a conspiracy theory against a conspiracy? That's pushing it a bit.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Everything is a big conspiracy theory with you isn't it?

Now I'm all for conspiracies but a conspiracy theory against a conspiracy? That's pushing it a bit.

You are outright assuming that it's real without confirmation by Ubisoft. This happens all the time, everywhere. People lie so that they are heard. Just look at Rick Santorum with his huge lie about "don't euthanize me bracelets" or that 10% of Dutch deaths are euthanizations.

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Okay, so for the 20 minutes that picture was up, which was at or after midnight EST, they maybe got a tiny spike in hits.

You're right to be suspicious of leaks - leaks are often not leaks at all, but carefully planned events, in games and music - but that doesn't make this more unlikely. It could add weight for either side of the argument.

You're wrong though ;)

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Okay, so for the 20 minutes that picture was up, which was at or after midnight EST, they maybe got a tiny spike in hits.

You're right to be suspicious of leaks - leaks are often not leaks at all, but carefully planned events, in games and music - but that doesn't make this more unlikely. It could add weight for either side of the argument.

You're wrong though ;)

Actually, even though it was up for only 20 minutes, it's clearly still spreading across the web like wildfire. This thread is evidence enough of that. People will visit their website regardless of whether the picture is still up because people associate their name with the picture. I'm sure they're still seeing the effects of the "leak" right now.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Actually, even though it was up for only 20 minutes, it's clearly still spreading across the web like wildfire. This thread is evidence enough of that. People will visit their website regardless of whether the picture is still up because people associate their name with the picture. I'm sure they're still seeing the effects of the "leak" right now.

Did you forget the other though? The fact that American Revolution has been highly hinted at, two completely different styles for the Assassin, one looking like concept art, the other like an actual 3D Render.

Also the big reveal with the picture in some Snowy Farm, likely New York.

It's all adding up.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Did you forget the other though? The fact that American Revolution has been highly hinted at, two completely different styles for the Assassin, one looking like concept art, the other like an actual 3D Render.

Also the big reveal with the picture in some Snowy Farm, likely New York.

It's all adding up.

The "other" one doesn't look like an AC quality 3D render at all and it contains no significant clues regarding the American Revolution on its own. If it were placed next to a famous painting of the French Revolution, you'd be arguing the same thing about ACIII being set there.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
The "other" one doesn't look like an AC quality 3D render at all and it contains no significant clues regarding the American Revolution on its own. If it were placed next to a famous painting of the French Revolution, you'd be arguing the same thing about ACIII being set there.

Low Res obviously, also you have a point, if this 2D one didn't show up that could be anything, but now it can't.

Analyze both of them in my comparison picture. They are obviously the same.

(View the image in a new tab, it's larger)

It adds to the idea that the 2D is concept art.

EscoBlades
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
All will be revealed come March 5th, so just sit tight till then.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Low Res obviously, also you have a point, if this 2D one didn't show up that could be anything, but now it can't.

Analyze both of them in my comparison picture. They are obviously the same.

(View the image in a new tab, it's larger)

It adds to the idea that the 2D is concept art.

They do look very similar, I'll give you that. However, I'm still not convinced and I will remain unconvinced until I either see a leak that can actually be confirmed (like a video or audio leak) or until Ubisoft confirms it.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
They do look very similar, I'll give you that. However, I'm still not convinced and I will remain unconvinced until I either see a leak that can actually be confirmed (like a video or audio leak) or until Ubisoft confirms it.

Fair enough. A few points I want to make out, ignoring the scaling differences of course.

Look at how the Hood comes down on the shoulder
Look at the diamond seam
Look at the Eagle design
Look at the shoulder ****on
Look at the Bow/Arrow
Look at the shirt
Look at the facial features
Look at the shoulder strap (which was probably switched from the right to the left side or placed on both sides)
Look at the shoulder part of the design

edzilla_551
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Fair enough. A few points I want to make out, ignoring the scaling differences of course.

Look at the diamond seam
Look at the Eagle design
Look at the Bow/Arrow
Look at the shirt
Look at the shoulder strap (which was probably switched from the right to the left side or placed on both sides)

okay, whats your point?

LightRey
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Look at the diamond seam
Look at the Eagle design
Look at the Bow/Arrow
Look at the shirt

I know. I saw them :P

GLHS
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Here's my take on this "leaked" pic. First....it's from f*cking Best Buy. Any idiot employee could photoshop it and sell it to Kotaku. That being said, however, it also could be a promotional image for the pre-order and such.

About the pic itself: It's obviously not box art, b/c as many of you have pointed out, drawn concept art is never used for box art. Also....there's way too much going on here. The dude has a bow and arrow, a sword, what looks like the handle of a revolver in a holster, a tomahawk, a rifle in the other hand, and probably a hidden blade bracer on one arm. Seriously?

I will admit that I never thought about a tomahawk before, but now that I do, it would be so f-ing fun to use. I'm sorry if you all disagree with me, but I absolutely love the idea. However, I do not under any circ-umstances want guns in AC. I don't care what time period it takes place in. Guns, other than the hidden blade gun, have no place in AC and would require an aiming system to use in play. I hate the idea, and it's exactly why I haven't really liked the American Revolution thing. B/c I knew if they went that route, they'd probably include guns, and that would piss me off.

Obviously, we'll learn about this announcement of theirs on the 5th, but by this point, the choices are pretty much either disappointment or not being surprised. Either we're all gonna go "Yeah, we know" or we're all gonna be pissed b/c it's another thing that we'll be looking forward to that will turn out to be kind of a dud, which lets face it, they've been disappointing a lot of people lately. I really hope I'm wrong.

I really hope this pic is just some stupid leaked internet rumor and not legit, but if it is, a NA wold be pretty sweet. I don't mind it taking place during the American Revolution, as long as they don't include guns. I still want Egypt, but honestly, there's too many things that point to the AR to ignore it.

EDIT: And I forgot to add, he also has a spear among all those other things. A bit ridiculous if you ask me.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Come to think of it, using a Native American is actually quite an ingenious way to avoid guns.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I can't remember when or where but I really think I have seen the game informer banner someplace recently.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Come to think of it, using a Native American is actually quite an ingenious way to avoid guns.

I see why it could be, but in the later years, they also used guns, and he could just be of NA decent. If the pic is real and an indication, they'd be including guns. Again, I reeeeaallly hope I'm wrong.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I see why it could be, but in the later years, they also used guns, and he could just be of NA decent. If the pic is real and an indication, they'd be including guns. Again, I reeeeaallly hope I'm wrong.

True, but they certainly didn't use them as exclusively as non-native Americans. I think the usage of guns would not be much different from ACR with that setting with a Native American ancestor.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
What exactly is the aspect of a gun that you don't want in AC? A single shot pistol will not change the game at all, it won't be 100% realistic, I mean we do get shot point blank 5 times with a rifle and get cured by smelling salts instantly, pistols won't be too much of a problem. If it's about the power part, at this point nothing beats the crossbow, it's just a matter of looking at your enemies and tapping (not pressing or holding), X.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Cuz guns don't go with sneak n' stab. I'm just not comfortable with idea of then turning AC into a 3rd person shooter with an aiming system. There'd be pretty much no point for them to utilize a blade fighting style anymore if we could just run around with a gun all the time. It's too modern and doesn't fit in. Why would you carry around a bulky, loud, slow-loading rifle when you can just go up and stab the guy in the throat quietly without anybody knowing? It's just not AC. Plus, it doesn't follow the Creed anyway, which is to dispose of enemies quietly. Leave no trace, and be like a blade in the crowd. They'd have to change the whole combat system to implement an aiming system, which then turns it into a shooter. It's just not right.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Cuz guns don't go with sneak n' stab. I'm just not comfortable with idea of then turning AC into a 3rd person shooter with an aiming system. There'd be pretty much no point for them to utilize a blade fighting style anymore if we could just run around with a gun all the time. It's too modern and doesn't fit in. Why would you carry around a bulky, loud, slow-loading rifle when you can just go up a stab the guy in the throat? It's just not AC. They'd have to change the whole combat system to implement an aiming system, which then turns it into a shooter. It's just not right.

I think you are two games late for that...

GLHS
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
No, I'm not. There's nothing wrong with the hidden gun. While I admit that it's not quiet, there's no aiming system but the one already in the games, it's small and hidden, unexpected, and can be used in conjunction with the hidden blade or a sword. It's good for longer range, but it's not a gun that you actually have to look down a scope using an aiming system, fire, reload, then put away. It's not any different than throwing knives or the crossbow. An actually gun would require an aiming system, and wouldn't be Assassin-ish at all. I'm sorry, but AC's not a shooter. That's part of it's appeal. It would be like adding guns to God of War. It's not right.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 03:24 PM
No, I'm not. There's nothing wrong with the hidden gun. While I admit that it's not quiet, there's no aiming system but the one already in the games, it's small and hidden, unexpected, and can be used in conjunction with the hidden blade or a sword. It's good for longer range, but it's not a gun that you actually have to look down a scope using an aiming system, fire, reload, then put away. It's not any different than throwing knives or the crossbow. An actually gun would require an aiming system, and wouldn't be Assassin-ish at all. I'm sorry, but AC's not a shooter. That's part of it's appeal. It would be like adding guns to God of War. It's not right.

It became a "shooter" with the Addition of a Crossbow. I think you are simply playing the name game. The crossbow is what I refer to, it is an unstoppable killing machine. A pistol would be no different, and considering the current aiming system since AC2, I don't see why they would change the aiming system because of the gun, it will most likely be just like the Crossbow except more powerful and single shot with longer reload times and much less ammo.

kudos17
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Cuz guns don't go with sneak n' stab. I'm just not comfortable with idea of then turning AC into a 3rd person shooter with an aiming system. There'd be pretty much no point for them to utilize a blade fighting style anymore if we could just run around with a gun all the time. It's too modern and doesn't fit in. Why would you carry around a bulky, loud, slow-loading rifle when you can just go up and stab the guy in the throat quietly without anybody knowing? It's just not AC. Plus, it doesn't follow the Creed anyway, which is to dispose of enemies quietly. Leave no trace, and be like a blade in the crowd. They'd have to change the whole combat system to implement an aiming system, which then turns it into a shooter. It's just not right.

It's gotta happen, eventually. You don't think modern Assassins like Desmond/Shaun/etc would use weapons like silenced sniper rifles if it worked better for the situation? Sure sneaky-sneaky stabby is their classic way, but after a certain period of time it just begins to get unpractical in most situations.

Now, that's not to say I want open gun fights. But they do happen. Remember the Assassins trying to break Desmond out in AC1?

Regardless, I doubt they'll do that. My vote is for the French Revolution. It's perfect: equal gap of time from the previous two (well, four) entries, perfect setting, NEW setting, etc. Not to mention, that with all that political uprising and "screw this government" stuff going on at the time (oh, and the COUNTLESS deaths ripe for assassination conspiracies), it would be the only real place I could think of them going next.

Razrback16
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Agree 100%.

Razrback16
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
It's gotta happen, eventually. You don't think modern Assassins like Desmond/Shaun/etc would use weapons like silenced sniper rifles if it worked better for the situation? Sure sneaky-sneaky stabby is their classic way, but after a certain period of time it just begins to get unpractical in most situations.

Now, that's not to say I want open gun fights. But they do happen. Remember the Assassins trying to break Desmond out in AC1?

Regardless, I doubt they'll do that. My vote is for the French Revolution. It's perfect: equal gap of time from the previous two (well, four) entries, perfect setting, NEW setting, etc. Not to mention, that with all that political uprising and "screw this government" stuff going on at the time (oh, and the COUNTLESS deaths ripe for assassination conspiracies), it would be the only real place I could think of them going next.

French Revolution would get my vote as well.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
It became a "shooter" with the Addition of a Crossbow. I think you are simply playing the name game. The crossbow is what I refer to, it is an unstoppable killing machine. A pistol would be no different, and considering the current aiming system since AC2, I don't see why they would change the aiming system because of the gun, it will most likely be just like the Crossbow except more powerful and single shot with longer reload times and much less ammo.

So you're ok with the idea of seeing a guard like 20 rooftops away and being able to shoot and kill him? B/c a rifle is much different than a crossbow. It's stupid and non-realistic to say that a rifle can only be shot from the distance it takes to lock on to a target. A rifle like that would be able to shoot much further than that.

And @ kudos17: I get what you're saying, cuz it's like evolving with the times, but the hidden blade is not only current and more than useful in all time periods, it's also the Assassin's way of life. Why didn't they just give Dez a gun in AC2 then? B/c that wouldn't make much sense considering he's supposed to be learning to fit like an Assassin. I'm sure they do use guns now-a-days. But it wouldn't be the go to method, especially if they wanted to be quiet.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
So you're ok with the idea of seeing a guard like 20 rooftops away and being able to shoot and kill him? B/c a rifle is much different than a crossbow. It's stupid and non-realistic to say that a rifle can only be shot from the distance it takes to lock on to a target. A rifle like that would be able to shoot much further than that.

And @ kudos17: I get what you're saying, cuz it's like evolving with the times, but the hidden blade is not only current and more than useful in all time periods, it's also the Assassin's way of life. Why didn't they just give Dez a gun in AC2 then? B/c that wouldn't make much sense considering he's supposed to be learning to fit like an Assassin. I'm sure they do use guns now-a-days. But it wouldn't be the go to method, especially if they wanted to be quiet.

We aren't talking rifles, we are talking pistols...

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Pistols can still shoot pretty far too. Plus, the convo of guns came up not only b/c of the supposed setting of AC3, but also b/c (only if it's legit, obviously) this leaked concept art has the Assassin with a rifle in his left hand. Maybe in the most modern of settings, like post 1980, could I see a silenced pistol being decent for sneakin around in AC. But anything before shouldn't have guns like that at all. Plus, then I wouldn't even feel like I'm playing AC. It would feel like Splinter Cell. So guns really don't have a place.

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Keep talking about the Pistol, but when October comes around you people will *BOOM*
​AWESOME PISTOL IS AWESOME !!!!

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Lol only if it's done in the most awesomely awesomest way ever :D

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Pistols can still shoot pretty far too. Plus, the convo of guns came up not only b/c of the supposed setting of AC3, but also b/c (only if it's legit, obviously) this leaked concept art has the Assassin with a rifle in his left hand. Maybe in the most modern of settings, like post 1980, could I see a silenced pistol being decent for sneakin around in AC. But anything before shouldn't have guns like that at all. Plus, then I wouldn't even feel like I'm playing AC. It would feel like Splinter Cell. So guns really don't have a place.

Crossbow, Hidden Gun (In 1499),

My point is that we already have ranged weaponry, the crossbow is the most overpowered of them all, the addition of a Single Shot pistol maybe replacing the Hidden Gun isn't going to change much. I never said anything about it being silenced...

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol only if it's done in the most awesomely awesomest way ever :D
Do you doubt that it will be awesome ?
I mean if 7 studios did Revelations in a single year just imagine what these can do in 3 ;D

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Crossbow, Hidden Gun (In 1499),

My point is that we already have ranged weaponry, the crossbow is the most overpowered of them all, the addition of a Single Shot pistol maybe replacing the Hidden Gun isn't going to change much. I never said anything about it being silenced...

Ranged weapons are one thing, but, again talking about a rifle, that far ranged for AC is getting a bit ridiculous. If I can shoot guard from 200 yards away, what do I need a crossbow or a sword for? I'll just shoot everything. Pistols being silenced was kinda just talking about guns in general and a little bit of a reply to what kudos17 said about silenced guns for certain situations. I just don't see a point with it.

Do you doubt that it will be awesome ?
I mean if 7 studios did Revelations in a single year just imagine what these can do in 3 ;D

Without guns? Awesome! With guns....meh, we'll see when the game comes out.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Ranged weapons are one thing, but, again talking about a rifle, that far ranged for AC is getting a bit ridiculous. If I can shoot guard from 200 yards away, what do I need a crossbow or a sword for? I'll just shoot everything. Pistols being silenced was kinda just talking about guns in general and a little bit of a reply to what kudos17 said about silenced guns for certain situations. I just don't see a point with it.

Without guns? Awesome! With guns....meh, we'll see when the game comes out.

Stop being worried about the guns, lady! This is the 1700's People shot their rifle then had to stand there and fill it up with a stick to push the powder in. Since Leonardo and the Codex aren't across the pond...Native will be using a regular gun. That's ONE shot. But for gameplay purposes it'll probably be 6.

I

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I give up... I can't keep up with all these threads, the posts are appearing faster than I can read them...

Guns are no big deal.

I'm Hitting the hay.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
LMAO. Don't you love it when we get new info? I've been neglecting my shower. I'm gonna go take it and these pages will be way further by the time I'm done.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
LMAO. Don't you love it when we get new info? I've been neglecting my shower. I'm gonna go take it and these pages will be way further by the time I'm done.

xD yeah. Within minutes these threads increase tenfold.

By the time I am done reading and replying to one post, three more appear. O.O

GLHS
03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Lol that's me all the time, omg! It's so hard. Ok, everybody stop talking.....NOW! But seriously, that's how I feel when I get on here for the first time. I work nights, so when I get on here, everybody's done all of their day posting and I have to read like 5 full pages from where I left off the day before just to get to the latest post lol.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
If I can shoot guard from 200 yards away, what do I need a crossbow or a sword for? I'll just shoot everything.

And risk all the guards in the viscinity come running at you while you are stuck reloading the gun which would take forever...

GLHS
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
That's my point. The whole idea of guns is ret@rded.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
No my point was that using a gun is not gonna be as easy as people thing.

Noble6
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm okay with guns if they add some sort of aiming system so it would take a bit more time to shoot target and there would be possibility of failing the shot. We should also have to reload guns between shots. I think that with this kind of changes sword ang gun fighting would be more balanced.
I used to hate the idea of AC3 in America but then I took a tomahawk in the knee:p

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I will admit that I never thought about a tomahawk before, but now that I do, it would be so f-ing fun to use. I'm sorry if you all disagree with me, but I absolutely love the idea. However, I do not under any circ-umstances want guns in AC. I don't care what time period it takes place in. Guns, other than the hidden blade gun, have no place in AC and would require an aiming system to use in play.

Guns have been in use since the 15th century, you get later in time, the more you'll see guns. I'm sorry but that is how it is. Because a heavy fight to the death with batons makes alot of sense.

If there are guns in ACIII, the aiming will probably be the same or close to the hidden pistol.