PDA

View Full Version : A big Bug with FMB (full mission Builder)on line & off line need a Fix (we need help)

BozoMaddog
02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Greetings, :(
We have an issue with the FMB (full mission Builder) that we were hoping you may be able to clear up. When we launch a mission on our server, with the current 4.11 version of the game running, there are a couple discrepancies.

Issue 1 Test runways under the menu option objects/Stationary ships. These are the runways, non -moving, place able anywhere on any map, and useable as runways for placing home bases anywhere. There are, I believe, six different options for them. Available are two runways, different colors, and one is an air start with the runway located below you. The issue is, when we place them on our map, the icons for them as bases do not show up on the mini map when you are IN THE GAME and IN AN AIRCRAFT and looking to locate them. In the initial base selection map, when you are not in an aircraft, you are able to select them and spawn. When you do spawn, it looks as though your aircraft is positioned on a blank spot on the map. If you take off, there would be no way to return to the spot with the use of the mini map for navigation back to that spot.
Observe these in game photos:
This is a photo of what we see when we are testing the map offline
The Blue bases are TEST runways from the Object Stationary Ships options.
http://www.rcaffb.com/fmb%20image1.jpg
This is what we see after we launch the server Online
Issue 2:
The same thing occurs with the objects/ships menu. We like moving carriers on our maps, they are a dynamic addition to our spawn locations on our maps, but now, after loading a mission to our servers and launching, our moving ships are also selectable as spawn points in the initial window, but when you are in game and look at the mini map, the ships disappear and if you spawned on them, it looks as though you are on an empty location on the surface of the water.
I have tested all the options available to a server launching the game with the available check marks for icon display, to no avail, and has disseminated that it may be a 4.11M issue. Please, if you have insight or guidance. We at the RCAF would be most obliged to receive expertise on the subject issues.
http://www.rcaffb.com/fmb%20image2.jpg
Obviously the bases disappear after you select to spawn on them from the initial join window. This is a problem we have not seen in the past with maps posted to the server.

Aviar
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
I just tested this online wth a friend. I used all 6 Test Runways in my DF server. We both saw all 6 runway icons on our in-game maps (in flight).

So, I don't see the problem you are having. Most likely it's a Difficulty setting.

Aviar

BozoMaddog
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
come in to the RCAF_FB_server and see it for your self at 1st you see the Test Runways then 20min. into the game they go away. I see this on other server in HyperLobby that run FBDj in4.11M.

a friend ~S~ from RCAF_FB_Bozo

come to TeamSpeak some time and we can talk thanks

Corsair1949
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I have flown on the RCAF_FB server as well as other servers, and can attest that this is a continuing problem. Spawn points will disappear after the initial selection map (be it carrier or land based), and also on the mini-map. From what I can surmise is that there seems to be a problem in the FMB with "man made" spawn points. This a problem that is becoming annoying and wasn't present prior to 4.11m. Please look further into this. Thanks.

BozoMaddog
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
:)

The issue above is in fact real and reoccurring. Start points (same ones) on the map disappear continuously. For players that are familiar with the maps, they can point their mouse pointer to where the launch point should be and when the pointer turns into a + sign (from the hand pointer), you click the left mouse ****on and you are assigned to that base. This is even though it is not displayed on the map.

Many players that are not aware of where the missing base is are unable to find it and on some maps it is an advantageous start point. This leaves that team with a disadvantage and many players leave as a result.

Your attention to a resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

bigcat1111
03-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I fly in the RCAF server also and am having the same problem. In that server and a few others. From what I get from the people at the RCAF server and the other, is that they all are having the same problem with the man made runways. From what i gather from them, this problem didnt accure until 4.11 came out. After they dissapear , (which takes about 15 minutes) you can still spwan on them if you can find the place on the map where they where before. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
BigCat