PDA

View Full Version : Bad optimatision for PC?

NICK.ALTMAN
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
So after 3 patches I see no performance improvment with AC3. With my PC i7 870, GTX 560 Ti, 8GB Ram, Win 7 and I am expiriencing lag in Constantinople. I keep my settings the same as in Brotherhood where I had no lag. My settings are;
Multisampling OFF
Vsynch ON
Enviorment 4
Texture 3
Shadow 3
Reflection Medium
Character 3
Post-Effects ON

So its rather medium settings. Game works at 60 FPS without lag. But I enter the main Assassins HQ game lages and FPS drop to 45-50. When I walk the streets its ok. I get to the roofs take a look towards Imperial part of Constantinole from Galata FPS drops to 40, and lags. In Grand Bazar when there is a crowd FPS drops to 45. So it seems they rushed the PC version and didn't optimize the game. I hope there will be a patch for better performance.

Skyrim had bad optimatization in cites but they patched the game and now it works excellent. I see no messages from Ubisoft or any guidance to help us improve lag issues.

I am so sad.

kalo.yanis
02-28-2012, 10:36 PM
That's weird, because Revelations runs much better for me than Brotherhood. I had so much lag in brotherhood, even with a lowered resolution, whilst Revelations runs fine for me even on 1920x1080. On a laptop.

Inconsistency,,,

NICK.ALTMAN
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
That's weird, because Revelations runs much better for me than Brotherhood. I had so much lag in brotherhood, even with a lowered resolution, whilst Revelations runs fine for me even on 1920x1080. On a laptop.

Inconsistency,,,

That is wierd. What are your specs?

Cause I have the latest Nvidia drivers, my Windows are always up to date, all my other games work with no problems like Skyrim, BF3, Shogun 2,.... but AC Revelations with so much performance issues that is so annoying.

ace3001
02-29-2012, 12:24 PM
The Assassin HQ lag happens to many, including me. But outside, it's fine. Dropping to 45 FPS, of course, I guess that is normal with lazy console ports cause the game is actually optimized only to run at 30 FPS as in consoles. The above bit, they really don't seem to bother about.

NICK.ALTMAN
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I really don't get how come a big company like UBISOFT is not even trying to fix this or at least address its customers with some tips. I have all AC games and all DLC's. Do I deserved some attention? Me and other dedicated PC gamers? Apparently not.

Engioc
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM
No no you all have the title wrong. Its not Assassins Creed, its GREED.:D

Understand why it's poorly optimized?

As for fixing the issues, why would they bother, another Assassin's Greed will be out next year to rip you off again.

NICK.ALTMAN
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
No no you all have the title wrong. Its not Assassins Creed, its GREED.:D

Understand why it's poorly optimized?

As for fixing the issues, why would they bother, another Assassin's Greed will be out next year to rip you off again.

Yup. AC 3 has been announced. Poorly optimized I see it already.

ace3001
03-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Seriously, guys, other than the Assassin HQ lag, what's the problem? Sure, I don't like the way Ubisoft handles PC versions either, but Brotherhood and Revelations were actually really good ports. Sure, they're lazy console ports. But that's how all multiplats are these days, except for a select few like BF3, and most are actually bordering on terri-bad whereas this thing is actually playable.

sanceman
03-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Seriously, guys, other than the Assassin HQ lag, what's the problem? Sure, I don't like the way Ubisoft handles PC versions either, but Brotherhood and Revelations were actually really good ports. Sure, they're lazy console ports. But that's how all multiplats are these days, except for a select few like BF3, and most are actually bordering on terri-bad whereas this thing is actually playable.

I wouldn't even call them lazy ports: Brotherhood got a huge graphics overhaul compared to the console version and I can run it on a steady 60 fps, it is perfect if you can get over yourself the horrible mouse controls. In Revelations they fixed that problem, they left out some of the nice effects of Brotherhood but gave us sharper textures, and apart from the HQ lag it still runs great.

NICK.ALTMAN
03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Guys can you give me your specs? I really dont understand why I get stutter and lag. I ain't talking about constant lag but occasional stutter and fps drop from 60 to 55-58 while on some areas, sudden moves, jumps, view accros the port and so on. In small naroow streets and other regions I always have steady 60 fps.

Balekouyonov
03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi, well happy to be not alone ^^

I just bought ACR with my new pc...
I7 2700K.... matrix gtx 580... P8Z68...
Skyrim runs perfectly... Shogun 2 the same... but ACR i have micro freeze with everythings low... when i turn camera and most of time when i m "inside" a building.

I m personnaly a fan of the story, characters... and well, I.... M.... VERY DISAPPOINTED ^^

NICK.ALTMAN
03-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi, well happy to be not alone ^^

I just bought ACR with my new pc...
I7 2700K.... matrix gtx 580... P8Z68...
Skyrim runs perfectly... Shogun 2 the same... but ACR i have micro freeze with everythings low... when i turn camera and most of time when i m "inside" a building.

I m personnaly a fan of the story, characters... and well, I.... M.... VERY DISAPPOINTED ^^

See, thats what I am talking about. Like uber gaming pc and you micro freeze. Stuttering, lag, ....

YazX_
03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Turn off V-Sync. i know its annoying to see breaking lines when you move the camera around BUT turning on v-sync causes the graphics card to limit drawn frames according to your monitor refresh rate, so the lines will go away but the game lags like hell.

This is happening because the game has been imported AS IS from consoles with no single effort of optimization, the game is based on DX9, so P4 and GForce 8800 GT can run this game on high settings, but its sad to see that UBI has not put any effort to optimize the game for PC. we get the same crappy graphics as consoles.

Unlike ACB, ACB was delayed for further optimization and was almost perfect, compare both and you will notice huge difference in graphics and performance.

Andres_ak47.
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Vsynch in high resolutions causes a pretty low FPS turn it off

YazX_
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Vsynch in high resolutions causes a pretty low FPS turn it off

No it doesnt, i have Vsync turned on with ACB (which have a much better graphics than ACR) and i get 60 FPS which is the same exact refresh rate of my monitor, the resolution is 1920x1080 on 23", the problem is in ACR itself which doesnt actually handle this as i said earlier not optimized for PC.

NICK.ALTMAN
03-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I tried turning off Vsynch. I got maybe a bit better performance but I got a headache.

All I want to say that Skyrim used to lag in the cities but Bethsheda made an efford, optimized it and patch it to 1.4 and now it works like a charm. So Ubisoft doesn't care? It wants money? They don't have the know how? They are just greedy? They hate their customers? Or they love consoles and hate PC? I really don't know what is it but it is something.

Ferrith
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
AMD Phenom II x4 955, 3.2 GHZ
4096 MB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

The game runs smoothly, but compared to previous installments, Revelations shows the occassional screen tearing. The problem is that AC:R came out too soon and there are bugs and glitches that get a lot of attention because all previous installments were *almost* impecable.

You talk about AC:R's bad optimising and in comparision you mention "Skyrim". Was the comparison intentional? I recently bought this game and UI sucks big time. All the messages on screen about keys refer to XBox contoller, not to keyboard and mouse, and unless you memorise all the controls it is impossible to play the game satisfactory. The result is to spend more time fighting with keys than with monsters. And Bethsheda refuses to acknowledge the problem and fix it, which earns them a place on my black book.

I have never been Ubisoft's fan-girl, or any company's for that matter, but I give credit where credit is due.

YazX_
03-06-2012, 12:17 AM
4096 MB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 260

The game runs smoothly, but compared to previous installments, Revelations shows the occassional screen tearing. The problem is that AC:R came out too soon and there are bugs and glitches that get a lot of attention because all previous installments were *almost* impecable.

you will not notice what he is talking about unless you have a better video card which can process alot of frames than his monitor can actually handle which in turn causes breaking lines and graphics tearing, so he had to turned V-sync on to limit this but the game lagged like hell which is a bad quality of the game. your graphics card can run this game well because its based on DX9 and will not process lots of frames like his and thats why if you turned off/on v-sync you will not notice any difference and no tearing at all.

Ferrith
03-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I bought my GPU two years ago, it's based on DX10, I, too, have V-sync On and I am not experiencing this kind of lag. I did notice, however, two instances of lag on my first play-through, before the second patch. Patch my foot, by the way, some game bugs are still there. I believe there is no point in discussing anything about Revelations. It was a total flop, no matter what way you look at it, but I don't let it change the opinion I have for AC series in general.

NICK.ALTMAN
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
4096 MB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 260

You talk about AC:R's bad optimising and in comparision you mention "Skyrim". Was the comparison intentional? I recently bought this game and UI sucks big time. All the messages on screen about keys refer to XBox contoller, not to keyboard and mouse, and unless you memorise all the controls it is impossible to play the game satisfactory. The result is to spend more time fighting with keys than with monsters. And Bethsheda refuses to acknowledge the problem and fix it, which earns them a place on my black book.

I have never been Ubisoft's fan-girl, or any company's for that matter, but I give credit where credit is due.

My point is that Bethshed listened to the community and improved crappy FPS Skyrim had in the cities. It had performance issues before 1.4 but after it it works like a charm. I ain't talking about UI, story, radian AI or anything other but PERFORMANCE! AC3 should work better and not lag. Hope Ubisoft will focus there too.