PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Archive DLC - Play Length

pacmanate
02-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Just a heads up, if anyones wondering how long it takes to complete it doesn't take 2 hours, it only takes around 1. I even went through the playthrough slowly to drag it out but still came up with an hour.

YuurHeen
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
took me about 2 and a half hour.

LightRey
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
took me about 2 and a half hour.

Same here. Did you break the loop?

Assassin_M
02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Just a heads up, if anyones wondering how long it takes to complete it doesn't take 2 hours, it only takes around 1. I even went through the playthrough slowly to drag it out but still came up with an hour.
http://troll.me/images/asdasdasdasdasdasd/watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

dex3108BL
02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I have asked in other thread but i will ask here too. Is this DLC worth buying? And are you satisfied with story and gameplay?

Apirka
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I am, mostly. The gameplay is similar to Desmond's Journey, but with some new additions and I think a bit harder. I really liked hearing a bit about Clay's past, but I've still got so many questions... And the trailer seems rather misleading in hindsight.

It also took me about 3 hours to get through, and I haven't broken the loop. (Now, on to playing through memory two the third time to find that fourth fragment :|)

InfectedNation
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Do animus dechipher fragments matter if you don't care about achievements?

LightRey
02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Do animus dechipher fragments matter if you don't care about achievements?

A little. You have to collect them all to break the loop.

InfectedNation
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
**** it I don't wanna replay it all just to get more story.

Sukramo
02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
**** it I don't wanna replay it all just to get more story.

Trust me, the ending is sooooooo dissapointing.

SPOILER:

Clay writes a very short letter to his dad.............And thats it.

InfectedNation
02-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh god, the main reason I bought it was for more revelations.

Apirka
02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I still want it just so I can see the anticlicmaticness for myself. Anyone who does have all of the fragments, do you remember where they were? I've played through memory 2 four times now, but I've only found the one in the room with the big light cross, the one where you have to go through that small gap between two walls and the one in the room with the many pillars.

De Filosoof
02-28-2012, 10:36 PM
I still want it just so I can see the anticlicmaticness for myself. Anyone who does have all of the fragments, do you remember where they were? I've played through memory 2 four times now, but I've only found the one in the room with the big light cross, the one where you have to go through that small gap between two walls and the one in the room with the many pillars.

follow the sparkling sound. When it get's louder you're in the right direction. It's mostly on higher ground or behind things. Not one fragment is hard to reach.

De Filosoof
02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/660844-ENDING-SPOILERS!!-ACR-Lost-archive-DLC-discussion-SPOILERS!!

Here's a link to a thread i made in the hints & tips section where people can discuss the DLC without spoiling it for people who haven't played it yet...

pacmanate
02-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry giese i didnt break the loop :p

D.I.D.
02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh god, the main reason I bought it was for more revelations.

lol at "more"

Sukramo
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
lol at "more"

Hey, we learned that Ezio is insanely stupid by leaving the apple around so that ANYONE could just swoop in and take it..............How stupid do you get??

D.I.D.
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey, we learned that Ezio is insanely stupid by leaving the apple around so that ANYONE could just swoop in and take it..............How stupid do you get??

Ha!

It is kind of funny that he goes and hides the artifact in the one place everyone would guess it would be stored, after it was specifically required to be taken away from there because of how unsafe it was, but then again I suppose you could say Ezio hasn't got many other secret underground places with big solid doors in which to hide it...

... except for all those tombs he's visited since he hit adulthood...

... hmmm.

Sukramo
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Ha!

It is kind of funny that he goes and hides the artifact in the one place everyone would guess it would be stored, after it was specifically required to be taken away from there because of how unsafe it was, but then again I suppose you could say Ezio hasn't got many other secret underground places with big solid doors in which to hide it...

... except for all those tombs he's visited since he hit adulthood...

... hmmm.

Meh, it ends up in London so he cant hide it. If I had written it I would have Ezio ask the apple:

-Now what to do with you? In the wrong hands you could cause terrible destuction.

And then the apple shows him a vision of big Ben, Queen victoria and a map of the british Empire.

Ezio then says:

Yes, now I know where to send you.

Abit silly perhaps, but WAYYY better then the crap that is in game. What if a TEMPLAR had stalked then and then took the apple 10 min after they left? FAIL!

D.I.D.
02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
And Altair saw the technology of the future via the Apple, but not the mining equipment which could go around the door and the seals.

But hey, only a game eh?

Jediknightben
02-28-2012, 11:53 PM
It took me about 3 and a half hours to complete but I got all fragments first time, and I love to appreciate the levels

manu_erizo
02-29-2012, 12:11 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

Y U NO ON PSN YET???

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 05:37 AM
http://troll.me/images/asdasdasdasdasdasd/watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Roflmao! Love these funny pics xD

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Meh, it ends up in London so he cant hide it. If I had written it I would have Ezio ask the apple:

-Now what to do with you? In the wrong hands you could cause terrible destuction.

And then the apple shows him a vision of big Ben, Queen victoria and a map of the british Empire.

Ezio then says:

Yes, now I know where to send you.

Abit silly perhaps, but WAYYY better then the crap that is in game. What if a TEMPLAR had stalked then and then took the apple 10 min after they left? FAIL!

Maybe he removed the keys after he left?

InfectedNation
02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Maybe he removed the keys after he left?

In the novel - which is very canon for a Bowden book - he takes the keys back to Constantinople for the Assassin's to hide away and guard.

Sukramo
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
In the novel - which is very canon for a Bowden book - he takes the keys back to Constantinople for the Assassin's to hide away and guard.

Yeah, but the book also has Ezio say:

And the world will suffer it it ends too soon.

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah, but the book also has Ezio say:

And the world will suffer it it ends too soon.

Regardless I think it would be extremely stupid of Ezio to just leave those keys there. He must have done something to protect them.

Sukramo
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Regardless I think it would be extremely stupid of Ezio to just leave those keys there. He must have done something to protect them.

He left the apple there. My theory is that Ezio is mentaly ill.

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 09:53 AM

He would be mentally ill if he left those keys hanging there, which we have no evidence to assume.

LightRey
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM

How in god's name does that make Ezio mentally ill?

He would be mentally ill if he left those keys hanging there, which we have no evidence to assume.

Exactly.

Serrachio
02-29-2012, 11:01 AM
The Revelations novel says that he removed the seals and had the Assassins hide them in the Yerebatan Cistern.

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
The Revelations novel says that he removed the seals and had the Assassins hide them in the Yerebatan Cistern.

I've been thinking of buying the novel, is it good? Is there any more stuff included or strictly the game storyline? I read the secret crusade, quite liked it.
Also, are the novels considered canon? i think they are, they've got ubisoft logo on it :P

zerocooll21
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't think they were cannon, anyone know for sure?

pacmanate
02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought he gave the keys to that chinese girl in Embers?

zerocooll21
02-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I thought he gave the keys to that chinese girl in Embers?

That was never confirmed, only speculated. Doubtful though.

LightRey
02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
That was never confirmed, only speculated. Doubtful though.

Indeed. The box he gave her was just something added as something future writers could use.

D.I.D.
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I've been thinking of buying the novel, is it good?

Here's an excerpt, if you want to judge for yourself: http://uk.gamespot.com/features/sneak-preview-assassins-creed-revelations-novel-6347434/

It's excellent writing, if you have no critical faculties whatsoever and are regularly outsmarted by your own pets.

Gil_217
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I didn't think they were cannon, anyone know for sure?

Events described in the novels who contradict events on the games are considered non-cannon.
Events described in the novels who don't contradict the games and, for example, add information that we did not see in the games are considered cannon.

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Events described in the novels who contradict events on the games are considered non-cannon.
Events described in the novels who don't contradict the games and, for example, add information that we did not see in the games are considered cannon.

I thought canon doesn't contradict itself?

LightRey
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM

That's why the contradicting elements are not canon.

Gil_217
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM

Did you even read what I wrote?

pirate1802
02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Did you even read what I wrote?

Yes. So according to you canon includes both the books and games. Except some special points, where the book contradicts he game. In that case, the book isn't canon and the game is. Right? That is my point. How can something be canon at certain points and non-canon at certain points? And why would one canon (book) even contradict other canon (game)? Or am I misunderstanding the meaning of canon >_<

zerocooll21
02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Yah I'm just as confused here haha

SixKeys
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
The books are canon until some fan points out "hey, this makes no sense" at which point Ubisoft can say "oh yeah, THAT part isn't canon, but the rest is. See? No contradiction here".

lilshawty741
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Someone, I think Darby but I don't remember, said in an interview that the novels are plotted out before the game is complete so occasionally something in the game will change after the book has been written. When something is changed for the game, the game is considered cannon not the book. As long as what's in the book doesn't contradict what happens in the game, it's considered cannon.

InfectedNation
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I like to pretend that the Altair sections in the Secret Crusade are more canon the game itself - because they were better in the novel, which came out about 5 months before the game.

LightRey
02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes. So according to you canon includes both the books and games. Except some special points, where the book contradicts he game. In that case, the book isn't canon and the game is. Right? That is my point. How can something be canon at certain points and non-canon at certain points? And why would one canon (book) even contradict other canon (game)? Or am I misunderstanding the meaning of canon >_<

No, it just means that some parts of the books are canon and some other parts aren't.