PDA

View Full Version : What gameplay implements do you want seen for desmond in ACIII?

LordWolv
02-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I thought I'd ask you this, I think it's quite an important question, as we seem to concentrate on how much time we'll be playing as desmond. This is equally important as the time, what will you want to do gameplay wise?

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
I thought I'd ask you this, I think it's quite an important question, as we seem to concentrate on how much time we'll be playing as desmond. This is equally important as the time, what will you want to do gameplay wise?
I wish there was an option for a bit of everything. I chose the option "I still like the narrative, but I still want to see some free running implemented. (AC2)". I think we should get a really good narrative around him, as well as free running, and of course combat(mostly assassinations). That would be perfect.

LordWolv
02-27-2012, 08:21 AM
I wish there was an option for a bit of everything. I chose the option "I still like the narrative, but I still want to see some free running implemented. (AC2)". I think we should get a really good narrative around him, as well as free running, and of course combat(mostly assassinations). That would be perfect.
I was considering adding an option for everything but that would be too easy. :P
I was concentrating on if you had a choice between those options, which you'd prefer.

Moultonborough
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
It depends on what is part he will play in the game. I would like to see him Assassinate the Templar's leaving Vidic for last, but I have a suspicion(hopefully wrong) that most if not all of his part in the game will be to collect whatever is in the Grand Temple. While he gets clues on how to progress further into it from his ancestor along the way. Also he needs the ability to get hurt, just look at him in the end of AC:B if ou fall from the roof...no damage.

SixKeys
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I would like to see Desmond doing all the same stuff Alta´r could do in the first game, at least. His freerunning and combat shouldn't be quite as advanced as Ezio in his later years, but there should definitely be a little bit of everything (combat, stealth, freerunning).

crash3
02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Narrative
Free Running
Combat/Stealth
Good Storyline

All of these for Desmond, he's been lacking too many features so far, AC2 and ACB probably had the best Desmond gameplay, did not enjoy those rubbish first person missions in ACR...terrible.

ShaneO7K
02-27-2012, 06:57 PM
He needs a bit of everything really otherwise the assassin training through the bleeding effect would've pointless if he doesn't get to use it.

InfectedNation
02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I just want to play a proper and progressive Desmond storyline. Not 90% ancestor with a little bit of Desmond.

We need compelling story, adventure, core assassinations like AC and ACII etc

Dieinthedark
02-28-2012, 04:20 AM
i just want to play a proper and progressive desmond storyline. not 90% ancestor with a little bit of desmond.

We need compelling story, adventure, core assassinations like ac and acii etc

^this

It's Desmond's time to shine!

Moultonborough
02-28-2012, 04:40 AM
^this

It's Desmond's time to shine!

Yes, I agree. But, most fans as well as Ubisoft know Assassin's Creed his about the historical factor while the Modern aspect just holds it together.

JumpInTheFire13
02-28-2012, 06:33 AM
A mix of everything, but the story is most important. We've already done a bit of free running with Desmond, so some stealth assassinations would be great (Vidic.) Combat would be okay, as long as Desmond's fighting techniques aren't IDENTICAL to his ancestor's. I think face to face combat would be a bit unrealistic because I'm quite sure a massive corporation such as Abstergo could afford guns. And AC is not a shooter. Something like the Batman Arkham games would be cool, where Desmond has to stealth kill a bunch of armed guards before he can get to Vidic and destroy that bastardo.

I really hope the Desmond gameplay doesn't outweigh the ancestor gameplay. Other than the story, the whole historical element is the main reason why I play AC.

LordWolv
02-28-2012, 06:37 AM
These results are surprising me a bit, I thought you'd be on combat's side.
Good to know you're well educated at least. :p

JumpInTheFire13
02-28-2012, 07:00 AM
These results are surprising me a bit, I thought you'd be on combat's side.
Good to know you're well educated at least. :p
90% average or higher for the past three years of school :p

LordWolv
02-28-2012, 07:02 AM
90% average or higher for the past three years of school :p
INFIDEL (revenge ftw)
I'm 100%!