PDA

View Full Version : How was your bond with Ezio? (Includes Spoilers)

deflectorn
02-27-2012, 02:47 AM
So how did you feel? When you saw how in Embers how Ezio died? To be honest i got tears because of it. (I rarely get tears from a fictional character. But this.. this affected me heavily. I mean i couldnt even not play ACR after completing it (And after watching Embers) Because i just saw how He died. I mean i know everything has come to an end but it just feelt... Just feelt like someone who i knew got past away. I have played Ac2 and ACB so many times before acr came and i always enjoyed it. I really didnt get that bored as i enjoyed the story so much. WHich maybe explains i got too much feelings for the character. I did get over it but i still sighed trying to play ACR just feeling... He is all gone game over dont want to do this anymore.

But maybe its just me =/ But how did you feel after? I am not really expecting someone to have the feelings i had but i am just interested how many had a certain bond with the character.

Ferrith
02-28-2012, 12:44 PM
My bond with Ezio? What bond? Ezio in Revelations and Ezio in AC II & AC:B are two different Ezios to me. Bad character developement, if you ask me.
The only part that was *really* touching was Altair's end, and when Ezio entered the Masyaf library after all those years. [Although I hate the new actor voice chosen for Altair. Philip Shahbaz was by far the best choice.]

Maurice_Wijma
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
AC2 was my first AC game. That was just because I liked the European setting and the time much more. But I did play AC1 very soon after I got halfway through AC2. Since then nothing really slipped my fingers about this series. And mostly all things of Ezio were top of my interest.

For some reason I could relate to him in some ways. I was just like him, at the beginning of AC2, when I was 17. That was also the time I had a lot of changes in my life. Things that affected me badly, just like the death of Ezio's father and brothers. And it is still affecting me in a strong way, but just further developed, just like you see in what happened to Ezio.
For me to see what Ezio tells in his story, is to look at what I am dealing with, and what might be a possible way to look at it. Not that I want or even need to kill anybody, but it sure helps to see somebody else, even fictional, deal with personal issues, and everything around it. And to not actually have the power to controle it or leave it.

This is the first time I really got some kind of bond with a fictional figure. Some might think it is weird, but we all have had something simular. We all search for our inspiration to handle our lifes. And we all find it in something different. No mather if it is a person you know, or somebody far away from you, or even a fictive person. In the end, it is all a story of somebody real.

And just because of that, I felt really bad when I saw the ending of Embers, but I was also glad that a big story ended in a peacefull way, just a few blocks away from where he was born. Pretty symbolic if you think about it deeply. It will stop people from wondering what would have happened to him further in his life.

notafanboy
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
AC2 was my first AC game. That was just because I liked the European setting and the time much more. But I did play AC1 very soon after I got halfway through AC2. Since then nothing really slipped my fingers about this series. And mostly all things of Ezio were top of my interest.

For some reason I could relate to him in some ways. I was just like him, at the beginning of AC2, when I was 17. That was also the time I had a lot of changes in my life. Things that affected me badly, just like the death of Ezio's father and brothers. And it is still affecting me in a strong way, but just further developed, just like you see in what happened to Ezio.
For me to see what Ezio tells in his story, is to look at what I am dealing with, and what might be a possible way to look at it. Not that I want or even need to kill anybody, but it sure helps to see somebody else, even fictional, deal with personal issues, and everything around it. And to not actually have the power to controle it or leave it.

This is the first time I really got some kind of bond with a fictional figure. Some might think it is weird, but we all have had something simular. We all search for our inspiration to handle our lifes. And we all find it in something different. No mather if it is a person you know, or somebody far away from you, or even a fictive person. In the end, it is all a story of somebody real.

And just because of that, I felt really bad when I saw the ending of Embers, but I was also glad that a big story ended in a peacefull way, just a few blocks away from where he was born. Pretty symbolic if you think about it deeply. It will stop people from wondering what would have happened to him further in his life.
what made it even more sad is that he died where his father and brothers died

Sukramo
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I lost my bond with him when he left the apple so that ANYONE could find it. Worthtless writing I say.

Ferrith
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Uninspiring, clumsy writting, feeling unnatural even to people who have never read a piece of literature before. Funny thing: on his blog, the writter mentioned that someone mailed/ posted that the AC:R story was the best ever, and congratulated him for that. The writer's response was something like, I'll take his word and drink on that. Yes, take his word because you *do* know what worthless piece of crap you delivered.

We urgently need Corey May and the original writting team back, I say.