PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] What is your favorite addition from AC2 to ACR?

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Okay...so I like doing polls. Here is my poll for everyone this time! Lets see what the most liked new feature was!

zStrictStyle
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
You didn`t mention AC2.

zStrictStyle
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
All of these are ACB and ACR but not AC2.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
I know I didn't include the additions from 2.

The13Doctors
02-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Bombs and Assassin Recruits, oh and Den Defense.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-27-2012, 04:00 AM
master assassins missions and desmond's journey (too bad i can't choose multiple answers ::()

JumpInTheFire13
02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
That's not what the question was though.

SixKeys
02-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Assassin recruits. The other ones are nice, but they're either mere upgrades to already existing concepts or feel more gimmicky. Not to say I don't enjoy them but the recruits are the only thing that feels like it really adds something to the gameplay. (Well, maybe full sync too, but it's really meant for the completionists out there.)

JumpInTheFire13
02-27-2012, 04:09 AM
I loved the Borgia Towers in ACB. Not so much in ACR.

zStrictStyle
02-27-2012, 06:18 AM
I know I didn't include the additions from 2.

What is your favorite addition from ]AC2[/COLOR]-ACB or ACB-ACR?

I think that was the question.But I like the hookblade anyway.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 06:39 AM
What is your favorite addition from ]AC2[/COLOR]-ACB or ACB-ACR?

I think that was the question.But I like the hookblade anyway.
I was referring from AC2 TO ACB. It represents the transition. And reminder to all, I am NOT saying that ACB or ACR were the better games. They weren't. AC2 was the best.

LordWolv
02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Good question, I love the hookblade, so I chose that. :p

LightRey
02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
It was a tough decision between Assassin recruits and the hookblade, but I went with the hookblade. That thing really changed how I play the game.

Animuses
02-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Easily the Borgia Towers. I don't really like anything else except for that and the Master Assassin Missions.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Easily the Borgia Towers. I don't really like anything else except for that and the Master Assassin Missions.
Yeah, Borgia Towers were nice. So were the Master Assassin Missions. Desmond's Journey was good if it could have had more time spent on it. The hookblade, I loved, because of everything you could do with one tool.

pirate1802
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
It was a tough decision between Assassin recruits and the hookblade, but I went with the hookblade. That thing really changed how I play the game.

For me too, it was a toss up between those two. I played Ac2 again a few days back and I was searching for ziplines to jump onto :P zipping through the skyline never gets old, It makes me wonder why it wasn't there before, feels so suiting to the AC gameplay. But for me recruiting assassins and Master assassin missions were the single best addition after AC2. Those missions almost feel like Co-op. Felt nice and nostalgic to see Ezio training young assassins :')

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
For me too, it was a toss up between those two. I played Ac2 again a few days back and I was searching for ziplines to jump onto :P zipping through the skyline never gets old, It makes me wonder why it wasn't there before, feels so suiting to the AC gameplay. But for me recruiting assassins and Master assassin missions were the single best addition after AC2. Those missions almost feel like Co-op. Felt nice and nostalgic to see Ezio training young assassins :')
I really loved the ziplines. But, in my opinion, they should have kept both ziplines AND horses. =/ Is it too much to ask for MULTIPLE ways of travel??

AntiChrist7
02-27-2012, 08:47 AM
you should have made two polls: one for changes from ACII to ACB, and one for changes from ACB to ACR

my favourite addition is that you can replay main and side missions in ACB. I've played the tank and machine gun mission like 20 times

pirate1802
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I really loved the ziplines. But, in my opinion, they should have kept both ziplines AND horses. =/ Is it too much to ask for MULTIPLE ways of travel??

What I felt was that the streets of Constaninople were not wide enough to ride a horse. In AC 3 who knows, maybe if we have wide streets and ziplines..To the hookblade's credit, I never missed the horse, infact I didn't even remember there was once a horse in an AC game.

Assassin_M
02-27-2012, 09:38 AM
My favorite addition from AC 2 to ACR is ACB
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

D.I.D.
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Favourite:
Really tough picking a favourite feature. By a nose I like Full Sync best, although I didn't like the way it was implemented in ACR because the requirement felt like an afterthought most of the time. In ACB I felt like they were mostly good ways to add difficulty, whereas ACR's ones seemed arbitrary.

Other good things:
Borgia towers were a close second. I love the hookblade's ground-running moves, but I'm less keen on it as a climbing tool due to it being so jarringly noisy, and the guards' own tightropes were enough for me in terms of roof connections since every friend/foe could use them too - ziplines seemed a bit anachronistic. More faction missions would be welcome in the next game. Kill streaks were good too, since the combat was pretty much a foregone conclusion anyway; you were always going to win, so this was a good way of speeding up the process and making it a bit more spectacular. However, I hope they've got a new combat system in store to make everything about combat a bit more dangerous. As for bombs: I love smoke bombs, but detest explosives/decoys.

Things to which I'm less attached, but still like:
I've enjoyed assassin recruitment in the past, but I don't mind at all if we don't have to be a personnel manager in the next game. I'd be perfectly happy to take some time out from that with the next character, and have a Modesty Blaise/James Bond atmosphere around the player instead. The Desmond's Journey stages were a brave attempt at giving us something different, but I won't miss them. They'd have to make them far harder and cleverer than that for me to see them as a replacement for ACII and ACB's puzzles, but there's promise in the idea

Just no:
Den Defence. That's never going to be good. TD games are at their best played top-down with really tight strategy. Leave it to the Flash game websites.

The13Doctors
02-27-2012, 06:48 PM
What I felt was that the streets of Constaninople were not wide enough to ride a horse. In AC 3 who knows, maybe if we have wide streets and ziplines..To the hookblade's credit, I never missed the horse, infact I didn't even remember there was once a horse in an AC game.

I think there will be, I saw a picture that's around here of New York in 1776 which showed the city which looks like it has plenty of parkour spots and a huge field just behind it with another city in the distance, I can't seem to find it now but it seem plausible that it'd be that. For the France section I'm not sure (if it is like that.)

kriegerdesgottes
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Crossbow

LightRey
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Crossbow

Good one.

Razrback16
02-28-2012, 02:10 AM
I voted Kill Streaks. Assassin recruits and master assassin missions would be tied for #2, and I would also add in that the Crossbow was a needed addition as well. Wish AC2 had had the Crossbow.

Sevenofnine-st
02-28-2012, 03:25 AM
I can't just pick one... My choices would be: the crossbow (I love that thing!), the Assassin recruits and the hookblade (I absolutely love the hook-and-runs).

The13Doctors
02-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Cross that, Assassin Recruits do it for me, although I absolutely love the Master Assassin Missions.

Dieinthedark
02-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Kill streaks, sped up combat, made it feel fluid, made me feel like an Assassin. Still want lot's of guys attacking at the same time though...but hey, there's always AC3

LordWolv
02-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Crossbow; shame a lot less people experience it because it's not a default or earnable weapon.

LightRey
02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Crossbow; shame a lot less people experience it because it's not a default or earnable weapon.

Not to mention the thing is freaking expensive.

Razrback16
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Kill streaks, sped up combat, made it feel fluid, made me feel like an Assassin. Still want lot's of guys attacking at the same time though...but hey, there's always AC3

Definitely, if they could add in more situations where you have to fight 30-50 guys at once in close quarters combat (no range bull$hit) like you do in ACB when you save Caterina, I would love that. Like you said, those make you feel like an assassin just taking out 30+ guys without being touched because everything moves so fluid.

pirate1802
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Definitely, if they could add in more situations where you have to fight 30-50 guys at once in close quarters combat (no range bull$hit) like you do in ACB when you save Caterina, I would love that. Like you said, those make you feel like an assassin just taking out 30+ guys without being touched because everything moves so fluid.

The Tarek assassination was one like that.

pirate1802
02-28-2012, 06:15 PM

The Tarek assassination was one like that.

Kit572
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Kill streak makes me feel bad-***.

JumpInTheFire13
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
you should have made two polls: one for changes from ACII to ACB, and one for changes from ACB to ACR

my favourite addition is that you can replay main and side missions in ACB. I've played the tank and machine gun mission like 20 times
I also played the tank mission over 20 times, but not because I wanted too. **** full synch

JumpInTheFire13
02-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Not to mention the thing is freaking expensive. Exactly. My first playthrough of ACB I had to go around pickpocketing people until I could afford it for the Castello Crasher memory in ACB.