PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Do you want see more of... ? - ASSASSINS CREED 3

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Okay then, I have a question to ask everyone on the forums about Assassins Creed 3. Please freely share your opinions and vote in the poll I have listed.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/71595/1216766-assassins_creed_3_super.jpg

http://thecontrolleronline.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Assassins-Creed-3-logo-550x275.jpg

ace3001
02-26-2012, 03:30 AM
I say 50% Desmond. I want Desmond to be a prominent part of the story. But I also want some nice ancestor parts. Make it happen, Ubi! :D

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 03:33 AM
I say 50% Desmond. I want Desmond to be a prominent part of the story. But I also want some nice ancestor parts. Make it happen, Ubi! :D
Exactly my thoughts! Perfect mix of ancestor + Desmond = perfection for story.

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 05:38 AM
A lot of mixed results...but in my opinion, I think Desmond should get more gameplay than what he has at least =/

Razrback16
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Personally I feel like he should receive maybe ~15% of the gameplay. Right now there is still so much they can do with the animus and going back to other time periods and countries. Don't end it too soon!!! I'm looking forward to playing as Desmond as long as there are no guns, but I really enjoy the time periods with bows, arrows, swords and cudgels. :)

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
while it would be interesting play as an assassin like we did with the ancestors but with Desmond in the modern days I don't think this will happen, I believe he'll fulfill his role in this game with a gameplay similar to the one we had in ACB...

one cool thing would be after we finish the game we play an epilogue where we as Desmond go after Vidic and the others templars of the Inner Sanctum and kill each one of them in some infiltration missions... :P (assuming Desmond will save the world and survive of course... :P)

rileypoole1234
02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I like Desmond gameplay just for the story, so I'd say probably about 15% of the game should be Desmond. The ancestor gameplay is what makes AC.

GLHS
02-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Idk about percentage-wise. I think that's being a little bit too precise right now. But my opinion from the start has been that I've always wanted more Dez play. I think AC3 should be Desmond's time to shine, and it should be opposite of what it has been. Currently it sits at mostly ancestor play with some Desmond play. I would love to see Ubisoft turn it around in AC3 and be most Desmond play with only some ancestor play. The story has kinda eased itself into this position already, so it only makes sense. Whereas before, the main focus was on the ancestor's story and getting answers from that, now with the way the story has played out since AC:B, the focus is much more on the present-day storyline and what will happen there.

SixKeys
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
50% would be good. The ancestors are what gives the games their unique atmosphere, but in his final game Desmond really needs to step up the action in the modern world.

LightRey
02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Whatever works really. Just don't let it go over 50%.

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree. 40-50% sounds at least reasonable for Desmond's last game. But, I don't know if we will change Ubisoft's mind. They most likely are complete or near completion with the game. From here, the biggest thing everyone could do is wait and see.

GeneralTrumbo
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Keep voting though!

abbitha7
02-27-2012, 04:09 AM
He should keep the same amount of gameplay or a little more, and it should be in third person.

kriegerdesgottes
02-27-2012, 04:15 AM

Yeah even 50% seems like a bit much for me. I'd rather it be more like 30% Desmond and 70% some awesome historic ancestor. That's just me though.

JumpInTheFire13
02-27-2012, 04:21 AM
The historical gameplay is what makes AC what it is, and it's what I like most about the series, but at the same time the whole series has been revolving around Desmond, and I want them to sufficiently rap up his story. That can't be done in half an hour of gameplay. They should just make a really long game that's fifty fifty.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Does anyone think that it would be cool to have 1 disc full of Desmond gameplay and another for the ancestor? And then one FINAL one for the multiplayer? I think that would make for a GREAT game.

LordWolv
02-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I chose a little more desmond, as I do like the desmond missions, and they've almost got the amount right compared to animus gameplay. I do think though that we should play him more, and include actual assassinations and combat rather than the running and jumping.

LightRey
02-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah even 50% seems like a bit much for me. I'd rather it be more like 30% Desmond and 70% some awesome historic ancestor. That's just me though.

Yeah, that's the kind of ratio I was thinking of too, but I could deal with 40% or even higher, as long as it doesn't go over 50%.

Animuses
02-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I just don't want to see AC2's ending go to waste.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I just don't want to see AC2's ending go to waste.
That is what I am saying. That was last true main event that happened in the story. That kind of set everything up.

YuurHeen
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
how about desmond being in the game but as a non playable character.

GeneralTrumbo
02-27-2012, 08:21 AM
How about no? I'm not opting out of gameplay as Desmond for some long cut-scene, no way.

LightRey
02-27-2012, 08:22 AM

I'm sorry, but that would be ridiculous.

GLHS
02-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Does anyone think that it would be cool to have 1 disc full of Desmond gameplay and another for the ancestor? And then one FINAL one for the multiplayer? I think that would make for a GREAT game.

Or it could just all be on one Blu-Ray and you wouldn't have to deal with that :p.

And @JumpInTheFire: Nice new sig, dude. I like it.

pirate1802
02-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I like Desmond gameplay just for the story, so I'd say probably about 15% of the game should be Desmond. The ancestor gameplay is what makes AC.

This. The ancestors are what makes AC what they are.

And this.
Personally I feel about 20% gameplay for desmond would be ideal. Though i don't see how they can achieve this without making it Splinter Cell/ GTA/ Sabouer type gameplay. The stick fighting at the end of AC 2 was super lame, and to this day I've failed to understand why they were fighting with sticks! But if they do it properly i may well like it!

imonthenet
02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
IMO I'll like whatever Ubisoft does, but if I got to choose I would have to agree with @LightRey. Anything over 50% would make the ancestors story feel much too insignificant especially compared to Ezio, but I think it's Desmond's time to shine. After all, wasn't that the whole reason behind ACB and ACR? To set up for AC3?