PDA

View Full Version : this isnt serious anymore (dlc3)

lothario-da-be
02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
we are the 25th today and the dlc is suposed to come out the 28th and still no official announcement do they actualy want that the people know that there is coming a dlc? i dont get it

eagleforlife1
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I received an email confirming it yesterday. Admittedly, that is very, very late though. I am as surprised as you are.

dxsxhxcx
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
it's been some days since they posted a description of the DLC on their website, to me this is official enough... what they aren't doing is advertising it like crazy, but they'll probably do it on the release date and are probably removing the videos from youtube to not spoil its content... (I think they learned their lesson from that time when they released a video showing S16 before the release of the game like if he was nothing)

T0rm3nta777
02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/dlc/index.aspx

GLHS
02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
They have officially announced it, just....quietly. Most everything has always been confirmed with a lot of advertising and tweets/posts and lots of articles from other companies (i.e. IGN, Game Informer, EGM.) For whatever reason, which is beyond me, they waited till like 2 days ago to even officially confirm it and release a trailer out to select advertisers. If you weren't careful about researching all the "rumors" like we all have been, you'd totally miss that this DLC even exists. To me, how they've handled this entire release just seems so sloppy. It makes it look rushed and unimportant. I know they're busy with AC3, but that doesn't at all mean that they can't put a decent amount of concentration advertising their biggest DLC for AC:R and probably the last big thing we're gonna see until Oct. when AC3 releases.

ace3001
02-25-2012, 03:22 PM
^ Totally. Last year, when the Da Vinci Disappearance was announced, it was all over the place. There was even an official thread by Mr_Shade here in the forums. It was even advertised in gaming websites. This time, it's as if they're ashamed of the DLC and are quietly pushing it out. o.O

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
hmm lol ashamed lol they should be ashamed of the price that they are charging is it 10 us dollars? or 15 because on the web i see alot 9.99 euros to 10 euros and that does not sound like 10 us dollars to me lol

Apirka
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM
As far as I know the Microsoft points prices stay the same, so if it's 800 points it's both $10 and 10€.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
thank you

De Filosoof
02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm really looking forward to this DLC, and i can't wait until tomorrow but i'm afraid i will get disappointed..:(
The trailer is not even on the official assassins creed facebook page.
That's freakin' WEIRD! they're promoting everything on their facebook page, even (stupid)fanmade stuff.
I really don't get this.
The only logical explanation for me is that they are ashamed for this DLC.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
hahah i think they are but to what i have seen and heard this dlc shouldn't be THAT bad, but it is strange that they deleted ALL videos or anything that relates to it...do you think it was because of the audio leak? now they are like, ''what's the point?'' lol if everyone here already knows.....and for me the webpage does not show all 3 dlc's but only the first 2

ace3001
02-27-2012, 03:55 PM

DLC page still goes straight to DLC 3.

twenty_glyphs
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM

DLC page still goes straight to DLC 3.

That's the UK site. The US version of the site still doesn't list The Lost Archive.

ace3001
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Ah, sorry. That's what assassinscreed.com redirects me to. I didn't realize different regions had different pages. :)

The13Doctors
02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah it may be that. I for the most part believe they know what they are doing and with 7 studios I expect it will be good but seeing what's happening maybe that's happening, although I expect they'd do more advertisements to get more sales.

Now what if its the exact opposite. It could be a test for them to see if they can save on advertisement and they are hoping that we like the DLC so much that we will be going around and telling everyone to buy it.

So it can be the worst DLC, or it can be the best. (It could also just be the average DLC), only 18 hours will tell.

Also, it's in the Multiplayer News Feed for PC since yesterday.