PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS------To ubisoft on story/character development,gameplay and other stuff

JCearlyyears
02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Ubisoft, you must develop characters more so you if you kill any of them, we will care more. When they die, usually somebody has to kill them, so we will dislike the character who killed the character and so if we kill them, we will be happier. I'm basically saying you can make a better game when you make us emotionally attatched to the characters. I barely cared when Yusuf died because I didn't get to know him. You have to make the game a good story that is long, deep, and emotional, like assassins creed 2 except is even more so. A good story will make your game better. Game play is obviously very important, and you obviously know what you are doing. The only thing I can say bad about gameplay wise in acr is that the game is too easy, and I hate how there are SO MANY JANISSARIES! I don't play revelations often because the janissaries are annoying to fight. There should be many normal guards that are challenging to fight, but not annoying. I missed the virtual training. You should probably put that back in. I think you should be able to dual wield many weapons with different combination.ex- sword+sword,knife+sword, knife+knife,hidden blade+ hidden blade, hidden blade+ knife , hidden blade+sword. And you should be able to do what you do in the multiplayer. Ex- have knife equipped and assassinate people. Same with the sword. I'd really love to hop off a building and stab a guy in the chest and repeatedly press x to repeatedly stab(on Xbox). I also always felt like you were supposed to be able to perform some sort of attack while doing the leap of faith.ex- jump and shoot someone with the gun ,throwing knives or crossbow in slow-motion and same if you keep the bombs and also pull somebody down with the hook blade.
Call it eagle vision again please .I like fist fighting in other games, and assassins creed has a lot of potential. You should update the fist fighting system and-- well, you might want to update the entire combat system, not in any huge way, but in small and the occasional medium sized way so that it can make the game easier or hader. I loved the sword fighting in the first and feel that we should be able to choose in some sort of way if we want to use the sword/ knife fighting of the first or the quick kill of acr/ acb. I feel too far away from the fight in revelations and think that up close camera of the first was good at showing the fight in an intense way. To comment on the sound of the game, it's pretty good. I hope you keep the shween noise that has been in the previous games. If you don't know what I mean, I'm talking about that noise you hear when you assassinate someone. The last thing I want to say something about is the water physics. It's pretty bad. It's not like I care much or think its something worth fixing, but it's something I'd like to see improved.

ElDoucherino
02-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Very difficult to read...just sayin'.

I think many of your concerns, apart from the water needing improvment, has been dealth in other threads. Yusuf's death maybe didn't make an impact on me aswell but apart from that i don't think that the story portion of the game is the problem. But seeing as these two games were obviously to test grounds for the upcoming and final chapter I'm expecting some new and refreshing gameplay and combat system.

But why do you wanna change the name to Eagle Vision again? It doesn't make sense, seeing as Ezio has developed his Vision to Sense. You need to know that this fills a purpose. And gore? Come on! This isn't Mortal Kombat you know? :P Don't get me wrong, I love the gore fest that is Mortal Kombat but in this universe? No thanks. But that is my take.

JCearlyyears
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't mean like gears of war type or mortal kombat like gore but just the extremely occasional limb that is removed. Maybe a scene where your character interrogates someone and winds up cutting off a finger to get info. Nothing gory at all except on 1 or 2 occasions. I didn't feel like eagle vision had developed enough yet into a sense. I think it should have major upgrades before it becomes a sense.

zStrictStyle
02-24-2012, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=JCearlyyears;8153124]. Maybe a scene where your character interrogates someone and winds up cutting off a finger to get info.

You really want that? It`s so disgusting.lol

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 12:51 AM
ummm ewww lmao I think that they have it under control they don't need flying body parts.... >_> nor do they need naked women scenes... there are kids playing this...and the game is already done you will not rewrite a game for them muahahahahah

JCearlyyears
02-24-2012, 01:12 AM
ummm ewww lmao I think that they have it under control they don't need flying body parts.... >_> nor do they need naked women scenes... there are kids playing this...and the game is already done you will not rewrite a game for them muahahahahah

Well it is a rated m game, so the game shouldn't be toned down for them. Parents should do their job, although I am very under 18, and don't see a need for naked women scenes, I think that an extremely occasional removal of a body part is somewhat necessary, to be realistic. If you swing a sword at someone, and it hits hard, they will be very messed up.

ElDoucherino
02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't mean like gears of war type or mortal kombat like gore but just the extremely occasional limb that is removed. Maybe a scene where your character interrogates someone and winds up cutting off a finger to get info. Nothing gory at all except on 1 or 2 occasions. I didn't feel like eagle vision had developed enough yet into a sense. I think it should have major upgrades before it becomes a sense.

Perhaps. Just uessing here but i believe the sudden change is that sense will be a vital part in AC3 and this was probably why they introduced it now and not halft way through the third installment.

Well, there might be cut off fingers in future games. Who knows? :P

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 02:14 AM
lol altair already had his fingers removed, are you not satisfied? must you turn this into a saw game ? and wtf JC it sounded like you thought that I said that it is necessary you should re-read what you read

JCearlyyears
02-24-2012, 03:00 AM
lol altair already had his fingers removed, are you not satisfied? must you turn this into a saw game ? and wtf JC it sounded like you thought that I said that it is necessary you should re-read what you read

Maybe it's just me, but that sounded a bit rude, I don't know and don't care. No , I was agreeing with you. I don't see a need for naked women, but think that the game shouldn't be toned down for kids. And you don't seem to understand that I'm saying we don't need excessive gore, so it wouldn't be like saw. I'm saying that the addition of gore can be used for shock value and add emotion. Ex- a main character dies in a semi gory way. Beheadings are common in certain time periods. Maybe your character is forced to watch the slow torture of a loved one to build rage against an antagonist. Maybe a main character decides to sacrifice themself to save another character or group and as you leave, you witness their slaughter in either direction.(he kills them or they kill him assuming it is a male character.) yes I realize that these are things requiring possibly large amounts of gore, but those are shock value examples to give emotion. I don't see use in random gore.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 03:35 AM
looks it was not meant to be rude so no need to be on the defensive ;)

SixKeys
02-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Maybe it's just me, but that sounded a bit rude, I don't know and don't care. No , I was agreeing with you. I don't see a need for naked women, but think that the game shouldn't be toned down for kids. And you don't seem to understand that I'm saying we don't need excessive gore, so it wouldn't be like saw. I'm saying that the addition of gore can be used for shock value and add emotion. Ex- a main character dies in a semi gory way. Beheadings are common in certain time periods. Maybe your character is forced to watch the slow torture of a loved one to build rage against an antagonist. Maybe a main character decides to sacrifice themself to save another character or group and as you leave, you witness their slaughter in either direction.(he kills them or they kill him assuming it is a male character.) yes I realize that these are things requiring possibly large amounts of gore, but those are shock value examples to give emotion. I don't see use in random gore.

The problem is that in video games gore is almost never realistic enough to cause an emotional response other than amused disgust or morbid curiosity. There are some pretty gruesome kill moves and some in-game scenes where a character gets impaled on camera, so I don't think the game is toned down for kids. Hacking off limbs in a game like this wouldn't serve any kind of story purpose, it would just be a pointless insertion to satisfy some players' lust for gory scenes. In order to evoke a story-driven emotional response, the gore would need to be non-interactive (i.e. only happens in a cinematic, not as a kill move), kept to an absolute minimum and the graphics would need to be sufficiently advanced so it wouldn't look fake and silly like it does in most games that have more gore.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
When they die, usually somebody has to kill them, so we will dislike the character who killed the character and so if we kill them, we will be happier.

I stopped reading after this..

LightRey
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I stopped reading after this..

Same here.

D.I.D.
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't like these ideas. They mostly fly in the face of what makes the theme good. The discipline and neutrality to the situation is one of the great things about the set-up. The assassin is interesting because he/she is trying hard to detach personal emotions from the task. Remember how many people had a problem with the "Bastardo!" ex****ation in the first assassination in Revelations? It was confusing and didn't make any sense given what we've seen up until now. You want to give the assassin the personality and behaviour of some unholy melding of Jack Bauer and God Of War's Kratos.

There's nothing added to the gameplay for me if I could tap X repeatedly to continue stabbing a person after death. Dual-wielding makes no difference other than on how things look; do I care which pointy thing does the job? Not really. Aside from the thematic problems, your plan for finger amputation torture scenes isn't any good for gameplay either. It's just another quick time event, and there are too many of those already.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't like these ideas. They mostly fly in the face of what makes the theme good. The discipline and neutrality to the situation is one of the great things about the set-up. The assassin is interesting because he/she is trying hard to detach personal emotions from the task. Remember how many people had a problem with the "Bastardo!" ex****ation in the first assassination in Revelations? It was confusing and didn't make any sense given what we've seen up until now. You want to give the assassin the personality and behaviour of some unholy melding of Jack Bauer and God Of War's Kratos.

There's nothing added to the gameplay for me if I could tap X repeatedly to continue stabbing a person after death. Dual-wielding makes no difference other than on how things look; do I care which pointy thing does the job? Not really. Aside from the thematic problems, your plan for finger amputation torture scenes isn't any good for gameplay either. It's just another quick time event, and there are too many of those already.
exactly, it does not fit in assassins creed gameplay this is not about gore it is about the storyline. if this game did not have a storyline noone would continue playing it. and all this talk about emotional connection to the character...it is just a storyline enjoy the tales that are being told lol

SixKeys
02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Remember how many people had a problem with the "Bastardo!" ex****ation in the first assassination in Revelations? It was confusing and didn't make any sense given what we've seen up until now. You want to give the assassin the personality and behaviour of some unholy melding of Jack Bauer and God Of War's Kratos.

Sorry for the slight off-topicness but it took me a good while to figure out what the censored word here was. Seriously? "Cl@m" is a swear word now? C-L-A-M? As in, those things that live in the ocean?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Sorry for the slight off-topicness but it took me a good while to figure out what the censored word here was. Seriously? "Cl@m" is a swear word now? C-L-A-M? As in, those things that live in the ocean?

I think this forum has a (quite pathetic) standard swear filter or something.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
you don't know what c-l-a-m is in hebrew?!? tsk tsk....yup i am surprised that they even allow you and me to find other ways to type it :D

LightRey
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
you don't know what c-l-a-m is in hebrew?!? tsk tsk....yup i am surprised that they even allow you and me to find other ways to type it :D

Meh, there's always another way. Generally filters are applied to avoid people that don't know the rules from posting swearwords, so that younger people can't read them. The more extensive filtering regarding people who purposely try to circumvent the filter is up to the mods.

SixKeys
02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
I really wish they'd get around to fixing the stupid filter already. Does Ubi even have any games that are geared towards such a young crowd that "b-u-t-t" would be considered a bad word? I know the rules apply to all the forums here, not just the AC section, but the AC games have far worse things in them than swearing. We're allowed to discuss things like whether the kill move where you gouge someone's eyes out is a fun move or whether Ezio's sex scene with Caterina Sforza was too steamy, but saying "b-u-t-t" or "c-l-a-m" is just out of the question? Not to mention the word "a-s-s-a-s-s-i-n?"

JCearlyyears
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM

Most of what I said was to give the gamer more options so that if you want to do something in your own way, then you could. It is my personal preference to dual wield and stab people repeatedly, buy it shouldn't be forced obviously. I couldn't understand how you would kill somebody in a game and not care how it looked and what you did it with. I wasn't saying that the character should be more emotional while killing people. It's for when he's not. I never saw neutrality in this series. I thank you for saying something about anything that I said other than gore. I don't think this game should have much gore at all, like I've said before, just once or twice.