PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Manager...any help would be appreciated

lucas_valentine
07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Ok...I just downloaded Il2 Manager. The idea of an online ladder sounds cool...but I'll be damned if I can get it to work! There seem to be no instructions on how to use this program and the support forums don't seem to exist! The program starts and it seems to record the stats from online games...but how do you get these onto the online ladder??...If I go to the "edit User" screen, my name etc doesn't show up and if I put in a new name and password, etc it still makes no difference. If I check my online ladder position it does not register any info...even though it did when I was ingame. Any information on how to operate this potentialy great peice of software would be very much appreciated!

lucas_valentine
07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Ok...I just downloaded Il2 Manager. The idea of an online ladder sounds cool...but I'll be damned if I can get it to work! There seem to be no instructions on how to use this program and the support forums don't seem to exist! The program starts and it seems to record the stats from online games...but how do you get these onto the online ladder??...If I go to the "edit User" screen, my name etc doesn't show up and if I put in a new name and password, etc it still makes no difference. If I check my online ladder position it does not register any info...even though it did when I was ingame. Any information on how to operate this potentialy great peice of software would be very much appreciated!

Jettexas
07-08-2004, 08:15 PM
We ( I say WE but our XO 96th_Dark did all the work)just went thorugh this with our squad and buddy it wasnt easy. If you go to check six (the guys that made Il2 manager) you can find there a script (we had trouble with script v3, and I beleive we ended up manually editing v2, but Im not sure what we finally used)that you will need to add to an already existing SQL database, then you must upload the rest of the script package.

Basically-
Get some webspace-
Set up an SQL database (most hosts support canned database creation)
Upload the script
Edit the C6 file to suit
Upload the rest of the files included to the database folder indicated in the Script readme, you must use the folder name specified.
Each user must alter the file "Il2msettings" within your Ilmanger directory to point to the database URL
Each user must then fill in the information at the bottom of the configuration screen in Il2manager, including "send to alternate url" which must match the url of the database specified in the altered "il2msettings" file

Pray to your God/chosen deity...., a lot

Our XO, is a talented webdude and finally got it to work (most of the time) though it is a bit cranky and for reasons known only to IL2manager will sometimes fail to record stats for no apparent reason whatsoever. We have yet to figure out exactly what the correct mojo/procedure is for making sure that your stats get logged 100% of the time,though Ive found that logging into the "profil" section each time with the active password for that user seems to help "remind" it.(can anyone help here?....what gives?)

An important note or two- once sucessfully logged into the db- a new user will not see his/her name until he has actually posted some data up so tell them to start a practice dogfight room, (using quick launch from within Il2 manager)pop off a few rounds AND VERY IMPORTANT-They must refly at least once in a session for anything to be recorded (just as the game only posts changes to your score, when you respawn)It takes stats from 1.22 and 2.01 and records them through coop, and dogfight alike.
I know there are other squads with superior knowledge of this software and I would be interested to hear what they have to say on this topic as this is a very cool tool for squads interested in improving thier pilots skills in a quantifiable way.
Hope this helps because as far as what I know, its the end of the road. I yeild the floor to those with actual REAL skill at such things and welcome thier solutions...

S!
96th_Redfish

(yes I know there are better stats programs out there but ......no GUI...*sigh* = no use by most squads)

http://home.austin.rr.com/davislanedavis/il2sig4.jpg

lucas_valentine
07-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Whoa!...that all sounds mighty complicated. I'm not a member of a squadron, so the squadron stuff doesn't really interest me, so sending to my own webspace (which I don't have) doesn't matter. All I wanted to do was keep track off all my kills and scores etc and compare them to other people's on the C6 database thingy. Thanks for the help Jettexas I'll see what I can do with it...otherwise if anyone else has something to add I would be grateful....somone must know how to do this, there are 500 people on the ladder after all!

lucas_valentine
07-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Ok...just given this thing another try. I put in a new name and password and ran a multiplayer session. During the game if I looked in the console I could see my stats...bullets fired, hits etc. But as soon as I exit Il2, Il2 Manager comes up with a message "IL2 Manager is already running" and then it closes. So I reopen it and check my ladder status and lo and behold my name and stats etc still do not appear! This is really starting to get annoying. I have tried everything I know to make this thing work. How difficult can it be? 500 other people use it so why can't I? Please, Please, Please if anyone has succesfully set this thing up can they let me know how!