PDA

View Full Version : dlc video spotted!!!

lothario-da-be
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
i just saw a video an the frontpage of youtube, and i thought i saw ezio. when i tried to watch it they said it was blocked by ubisoft. the same thing happend when the first trailer of acr come out, i could watch it 2 min later it was blocked by ubi and when i came back from school icould watch it again, keep watching the web!
edit:you cant see the title

Acrimonious_Nin
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
http://thegamershub.net/2012/02/gamestop-oust-assassins-creed-dlc/

it seems your not the only one to spot this....good job lol

stefman6987
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
how do i see the video???

tarrero
02-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Hmmmm
Interesting.

stefman6987
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
it's been going around for a few days, i haven't seen the video yet :S

rileypoole1234
02-20-2012, 04:13 PM

2/28? Well that's eight days...

GLHS
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM

What does the link have to do with the video? All it is is another article on the Gamestop email for the DLC. There's like 3 threads about that already. This video is intriguing though. If it's an actually visual video of the DLC, I'm kinda excited to see it. I doubt there's gonna be much out there right now though, if anything. Ubisoft hasn't even official announced it yet, which is increasingly annoying me.

stefman6987
02-20-2012, 04:23 PM
What does the link have to do with the video? All it is is another article on the Gamestop email for the DLC. There's like 3 threads about that already. This video is intriguing though. If it's an actually visual video of the DLC, I'm kinda excited to see it. I doubt there's gonna be much out there right now though, if anything. Ubisoft hasn't even official announced it yet, which is increasingly annoying me.

This is exactly why i'm beginning to think it's not legit, the other DLC packs were announced a while before they actually came out, maybe they plan on announcing it on the 28th... could be a little bit of confusion, hope not though.

GLHS
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Right. Although I am pretty sure that it's authentic. Quite a few people have gotten the email, and there's numerous sites now that confirm that it's called Lost Archives and will be around $15. There was a good assumption in one of the other threads that it's pre-order will be available on the 28th, and I'm guessing that it will be announced around then too, and will probably be available in March, or very early April at the latest.

TorQue1988
02-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I can't seem to find any leaked video...but if indeed something got leaked than i presume it won't be long before Ubisoft will officially release it.

kriegerdesgottes
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM
I think it's extremely unusual for Ubisoft to not have announced something that supposedly comes out in 8 days.

twenty_glyphs
02-20-2012, 05:24 PM
I think it's extremely unusual for Ubisoft to not have announced something that supposedly comes out in 8 days.

I agree that it's unusual to have not announced the DLC yet, but the date of 2/28 feels right to me. The next week, 3/6, is the same week that The Da Vinci Disappearance came out last year, but it's also the same day that Mass Effect 3 comes out. I think it would be a mistake to release DLC on the same day as Mass Effect 3, where it might not get as much attention. So they may want to release on 2/28 to get in ahead of Mass Effect and keep it from being too long since Revelations' release.

If there really is a video starting to leak, I would guess it will be officially released today or tomorrow. The trailer leaks usually only start when Ubisoft has sent out the trailers to the media but but an embargo date and time on them. Someone always puts the stuff up early. Last year Ubisoft also did a press event for The Da Vinci Disappearance so the media could play it and write articles about it. Hopefully that will happen this year too.

pirate1802
02-20-2012, 05:38 PM
And idea what that video was like? Anything to go by..??

RapNoize
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
you guy shoulda leave a link here :P
how can we believe you after all, huh? :(

kriegerdesgottes
02-20-2012, 06:22 PM
@twenty_glyphs Agreed. Plus the fact that the 28th does happen to fall on a Tuesday which is the day the PSN/Xbox updates their stores for new material so it does seem likely.

D.I.D.
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
You've got to wonder about anyone who pre-orders DLC, as if it's in short supply or something.

twenty_glyphs
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
You've got to wonder about anyone who pre-orders DLC, as if it's in short supply or something.

Ha. I also wonder why I would buy DLC from GameStop instead of just hitting "OK" a couple of times straight from my console. Maybe it's for people who only have or want to pay in cash instead of a credit card? Even then, I still don't get it. Wouldn't those people be used to buying points cards with cash already?

Azula2005
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
This^

ahhhh.. what a world we live in, eh?

lothario-da-be
02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
why should i gave a link? the FRONT page of you tube not so dificult not? i could see it 5 min ago now its gone. did realy nobody seen it? maybe because of the region i live i get other things on the front page

lothario-da-be
02-20-2012, 08:45 PM
has realy nobody seen it?

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
At least i've not seen it...

LegendaryNoCon
02-20-2012, 08:58 PM
The fact that you saw Ezio in the video thumbnail gives me hope. 15 bucks is NOT worth just some Desmond sequences in my opinion. 7 bucks or 10 bucks maybe, but 15 bucks? I want me some Altair and/or Ezio to go along with it.

YuurHeen
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
but ps3 and xbox only? :(

Azula2005
02-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Next time you see it take a screen shot ok? everyone agree?

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Next time you see it take a screen shot ok? everyone agree?
I do.

lothario-da-be
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
yes sir! sory i didnt thought about posting something emidiately because you couldnt see the video

LightRey
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Next time download the video D:

pirate1802
02-21-2012, 02:22 AM
The fact that you saw Ezio in the video thumbnail gives me hope. 15 bucks is NOT worth just some Desmond sequences in my opinion. 7 bucks or 10 bucks maybe, but 15 bucks? I want me some Altair and/or Ezio to go along with it.

Me too, I'm not so much into Desmond. I don't hate him, but I'd rather play as Ezio or Altair or some other historical protagonist than him. Don't understand why people like him so much ;)

kalo.yanis
02-21-2012, 02:41 AM
I hope it's not console-only :(

JumpInTheFire13
02-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Agreeing with LightRey on this. I don't think anybody else saw the video and I went on youtube yesterday and I didn't see anything about it.

Moultonborough
02-21-2012, 05:09 AM
Of course not. I'm sure they(Ubisoft) pulled it the second someone brought it to their attention. They would not want to see their 15 bucks disappear. I usually would not buy a DLC but I will for this.

EDIT: I'm sure if you post it, it will be taken off soon afterward and maybe lose your account. So, watch out.

GLHS
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I doubt it. The DLC audio vid was up for a little over 2 days before that was pulled. Then it was changed to a private video, and was up for a good, idk, week, maybe more before it was finally taken down. I really just think this dude made a mistake and thought it was something it wasn't. I don't think there's a visual leak, and Ezio has nothing to do with the DLC in the first place, so he wouldn't be in it. Nobody else has seen, heard, or caught on that there was any such video there, and it definitely wouldn't be on the front page of Youtube if it was. I'm pretty much positive that this guy either A. Is messin with us to see how many people can believe it and go look, only to come up empty handed as a joke. or B. Really thought he saw something that wasn't actually there and really doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming DLC.

De Filosoof
02-21-2012, 12:32 PM
No more Ezio or Altair please.
Their stories are finished.
If we get to play as Clay i'm gonna buy this DLC on day one.
Would be something totally different and fresh from previous DLC's.
It would also explain the lack of useful information about Clay in ACR.
Hope Ubisoft officially announces the DLC wthin a few days.

Nader-Abudiix
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
its desmod related, here i a picture it took after the new update

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2239/img0555a.jpg

you can see the island broken gates has been fixed

De Filosoof
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE0LrcFV4us&src_vid=nPrNgPfiNk8&annotation_id=annotation_988369&feature=iv

Hope there will be some ancient Africa gameplay too, like it's mentioned in AC2. Watch this video at 7.09.
That would explain the Adam and Eve conversations in the leaked audio :).

Nader-Abudiix
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Yea that would be fun

De Filosoof
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
its desmod related, here i a picture it took after the new update

What update? Were did you find it?

eagleforlife1
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
What update? Were did you find it?

Title update 1.03. It fixes the Sage trophy glitch along with other things.

De Filosoof
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Hope the DLC will also include LOTS of difficult puzzle solving!
I really missed that in ACR and one of the main reasons why it was my least favorite AC game...

De Filosoof
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Title update 1.03. It fixes the Sage trophy glitch along with other things.

Nice! so it's actually the first official announcement from Ubisoft isn't it?

TorQue1988
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
This looks very interesting, but i still hope there will be some ancestor gameplay in it.Playing a few memories as Giovanni Auditore in Florence would be insanely awesome, or better yet when he investigates the Duke's murder in Milano. But i highly doubt it:(

Nader-Abudiix
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
i wish the dlc has Ezio's old outfits from AC 2 and brotherhood but his old ACR model wearing the clothes :D that would epic

lothario-da-be
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
WTF!!! you dont have to believe me !,i thought i saw ezio it looked like ezio from the trailer, it was very dark. i tried to watch it and they said it was blocked by UBISOFT. how would you feel if you said this on the forums and everyone says your a liar and just tries to see how many people gonna believe you??? dont believe it then if you dont want it. just keep bashing me

TorQue1988
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
WTF!!! you dont have to believe me !,i thought i saw ezio it looked like ezio from the trailer, it was very dark. i tried to watch it and they said it was blocked by UBISOFT. how would you feel if you said this on the forums and everyone says your a liar and just tries to see how many people gonna believe you??? dont believe it then if you dont want it. just keep bashing me
I don't see any reason not to believe you, and i really hope Ezio will be featured as well.
Next time when you see the video make a Print Screen , or at least give the link to the video even if it says "The content was blocked by Ubisoft".

pacmanate
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I really wanna see the trailer! Normally when stuff leaks they normally put out the trailer in the next few days. Im sure Ubi will post it today or tomorrow

Acrimonious_Nin
02-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I really wanna see the trailer! Normally when stuff leaks they normally put out the trailer in the next few days. Im sure Ubi will post it today or tomorrow

there is already an update with that trophy set from ''The Lost Archives'', so :D yeah its coming even though its creeping around the gamer's consoles, and there are no trailers yet :confused:. I could have sworn that the da vinci dlc was an epic trailer, this one is like a stealthy ninja infiltrating my trophy set lol.

Sick_one12
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
The achievements for the DLC were just released:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-revelations/achievements/
Looks like its mainly if not all about Desmond sections!

Acrimonious_Nin
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
what kills me is that, i fear that for 15 us dollars, this might just be those 2 towers?!? those towers better be jam packed because it does not look likes its worth 15 bux.... but whatever ill still get it -__-

Assassin_M
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Im not buying something so crucial to the series` plot that it should`v been there for free..
I`ll just watch it on youtube and wait for AC III

stefman6987
02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
i'm pretty sure i've seen the video now that i think bout it, i didn't watch it but i saw a vid that was called dlc 3 or something and ezio was on the front.. i recall that it only went for 2 seconds as well ahah

MarleyMon81
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Does not look like it will be the original $15 price tag. It is listed on Major Nelson's Xbox blog as being out next Tuesday for 800 MSP ($10).

pirate1802
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
If it's just more of Desmond jumping mission then I'll be very very disappointed. I enjoyed those in the main game, but i want something else in this DLC rather than more of those..

i'm pretty sure i've seen the video now that i think bout it, i didn't watch it but i saw a vid that was called dlc 3 or something and ezio was on the front.. i recall that it only went for 2 seconds as well ahah

If your so sure it was Ezio, then it may be subject 16 reliving the memories of Ezio, he did relive Ezio before Desmond did. If this is indeed the way this DLC is, then Hell Yeah!!!

Gil_217
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
This is completely off-topic but I never knew 16 created a database page of himself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I only acquired his page after the latest update.

RzaRecta357
02-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Pretty positive that was already there.

CkSwtos
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
This is completely off-topic but I never knew 16 created a database page of himself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that I only acquired his page after the latest update.
What database? What are you talking about O.o

RzaRecta357
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
The in game database that all AC games have had since 2.

Gil_217
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
What database? What are you talking about O.o

Subject 16 database page in Revelations.

CkSwtos
02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Ah ok, I've seen that one. I thought that was something else. My bad, thanks.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Ah ok, I've seen that one. I thought that was something else. My bad, thanks.
lmao someone got excited....unfortunatly so did I ...-_- but going back on topic :D i believe that we will see a s16 memory sequence in the dlc anyways XD

look at this mla format.. BOOYAH.. >_> (I ending this here [wish there was some kind of punctuation to indicate as much ´_ţ ])

kriegerdesgottes
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/attentaeter85/gabe.png

Here's some slightly better confirmation as if we needed any more.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
im convinced....oh yeah...

Animuses
02-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Why would I pay for garbage that should've already been in the game?

kalo.yanis
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
What am I supposed to be seeing here?

This is so far the only confirmation from Ubisoft that the DLC even exists even though we all know anyway.

kalo.yanis
02-22-2012, 01:27 AM
No, I meant that the image isn't showing up. :p

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 01:41 AM
No, I meant that the image isn't showing up. :p

Huh that's weird. I can see it whenever I open up the page.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-22-2012, 02:44 AM
guys lol assassinscreed.com is not up...they are doing something lmao i think we finally have ourselves a trailer either tonight or tomorrow

REJOICE !!!!!!!!!!!

kalo.yanis
02-22-2012, 03:12 AM
It's still there for me.

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 03:14 AM
It's still there for me.

same here. It's working fine for me.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-22-2012, 03:18 AM
-__- again with this....my dreams are destroyed again :'( this craps gotta stop....

twenty_glyphs
02-22-2012, 04:48 AM

I just got that database entry after installing the patch as well. It was strange because it contained actual revelations. To think this might have been meant to be the first database entry to pop up during the game. Nowhere else in the game did they explain that the Subject 16 we are seeing is a copy that Clay made of himself the day before he killed himself. It also confirms beyond any doubt that 16 is also a descendent of Ezio. I appreciate that they fixed the missing database entries this year, since they never did it for Brotherhood.

I saw the screenshot of UbiGabe confirming The Lost Archive before it stopped working. You can see it on his Facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/UbiGabe. The official Assassin's Creed Twitter account also hinted today that some of the preorder exclusives, like multiplayer characters, will be coming with the DLC soon. It's so weird how they're handling this. Why are they letting other companies reveal this? If the DLC is more than first person Desmond sequences, which it seems like it is, why aren't they getting out in front of that story and showing a trailer of how cool the gameplay is? So weird...

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I just got that database entry after installing the patch as well. It was strange because it contained actual revelations. To think this might have been meant to be the first database entry to pop up during the game. Nowhere else in the game did they explain that the Subject 16 we are seeing is a copy that Clay made of himself the day before he killed himself. It also confirms beyond any doubt that 16 is also a descendent of Ezio. I appreciate that they fixed the missing database entries this year, since they never did it for Brotherhood.

I asked Darby about the database entry, He told me that it was SUPPOSED to be in the original game, but it had a bug and never showed up. He also made sure that a number of the DB entries were fixed for this patch and hopes that people enjoy them. The Constantinople one is pretty lenghty as are the Ottoman and Byzantine ones, if they're showing up too.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 09:00 AM
I asked Darby about the database entry, He told me that it was SUPPOSED to be in the original game, but it had a bug and never showed up. He also made sure that a number of the DB entries were fixed for this patch and hopes that people enjoy them. The Constantinople one is pretty lenghty as are the Ottoman and Byzantine ones, if they're showing up too.

I figured there were a few bugs like that. I heard of people having problems with getting certain database entries. Glad it's fixed. :)

pirate1802
02-22-2012, 09:08 AM

I don't see anything. -__-"

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't see anything. -__-"

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/22/ac-revelations-lost-archive-dlc-to-cost-800-ms-points-on-xbl/

Nader-Abudiix
02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/22/ac-revelations-lost-archive-dlc-to-cost-800-ms-points-on-xbl/ i see the picture i took yesterday from my trophies list xD pretty cool

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
i see the picture i took yesterday from my trophies list xD pretty cool

Ahhh yes. I actually sent you a PM on here asking what name you wanted to be credited for the image by in the article. I'm guessing you never got it though :P

Nader-Abudiix
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Ahhh yes. I actually sent you a PM on here asking what name you wanted to be credited for the image by in the article. I'm guessing you never got it though :P

oh **** i might have missed it but anyway if you insist xD put PSN ID: Nader-Abudiix. Thanks

grant770
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I can confirn this, I saw it the other day on the front page of youtube. It was a pretty dark picture and the title was just a "." i tried to watch it but a cartoony red frowny face came up and said that it was blocked by ubisoft.

RapNoize
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Can you give us a link then? :P
Try searching it in your browser's history journal or something :)

Sajn12
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
RapNoize: well, it was blocked by Ubisoft, and this is Ubisoft forum, so Ubisoft will delete the link at least... :/

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 03:32 PM
How about people just wait for an official trailer...assuming there will even be one. Leaks do no one any good, and seeing as Ubisoft is on the case...well...that's all i need to say on that one.

dex3108BL
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Delve into the first-person Animus interface used in the “Desmond’s Journey” sequences. Explore the deepest reaches of the Animus, solve new puzzles and finally uncover the secret truth that ties together Subject 16, Dr. Warren Vidic and Lucy Stillman.
It will also come with content previously available only in limited edition versions of ACR. All this for only 9.99€

Sajn12
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Wow, where's that text from?

RapNoize
02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Ubisoft Nordic's facebook page :P
http://www.facebook.com/Ubisoft.Nordic/posts/10150699462356663

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
The promotional material sent to retailers. We've had it for a while now (the Ottoman Edition)

RapNoize
02-22-2012, 04:19 PM
OK. Maybe they do not publish trailer (if there is even one) for one obvious reason. There was leaked audio sometime ago and they do not want to approve the fact that DLC contains nothing more than the data which was leaked (besides some funny gameplay). And if there is an intrigue, more money are to be spent :D

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
OK. Maybe they do not publish trailer (if there is even one) for one obvious reason. There was leaked audio sometime ago and they do not want to approve the fact that DLC contains nothing more than data was leaked (besides some funny gameplay). And if there is an intrigue more money to be spend :D

If you say so. Most of us prefer to wait for official announcements.

RapNoize
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I do hope that it will contain some new awesome stuff though. Cause it's kinda 10 bucks, you know :)

MarleyMon81
02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Wonder what other stuff they are referring to that it will come with? Probably the Vlad mission and the pre-order multiplayer characters like the Ottoman Doctor, Ottoman Jester, and the Crusader. That's what I'd assume.

GLHS
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
He also says in the comments that it won't be available until the next PSN and XBL update. Wed. for XBL and PC and Thurs. for PSN. Regardless, we'll all be able to play it next week. As excited as I've been for this DLC since the audio leak....I honestly have mixed feelings now. I'm still excited, don't get me wrong. But how Ubisoft has handled this reveal is extremely sloppy and lazy. I've never heard of a company just giving other companies like Microsoft and such the info and basically saying "oh, yeah. That DLC we promised. Here you go. Tell everybody the rest." It's like they don't even care about it. There was no official announcement via twitter or press release, no official trailer, and we weren't even 100% sure it was releasing until yesterday, which is like a week from release. I've never seen a release, DLC or otherwise handled like this and it makes me quite weary of it to tell you the truth. I mean, even top sites like IGN and EGM said they weren't completely sure and reached out to Ubisoft to get a confirmation and hadn't heard anything back. This looks really bad on them, especially after the reception AC:R has gotten, and this may be the last big DLC release before AC3. It just does not look good for them.

The13Doctors
02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
All I know is that Xbox will get it a month early.

twenty_glyphs
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Thank you for posting this. I noticed the Constantinople database entry was very long and informative, which I didn't remember before (though at first I thought it was short because the paragraph breaks are like 3 lines instead of 1, hiding the second paragraph until scrolling). It also appeared as if entries were added for Masyaf, Cappadocia and Greek Fire, but I'm not sure if they were there before or not. I also think I spotted a new paragraph at the end of Alta´r's database entry that mentioned the Masyaf memory seals showing us what Alta´r really looks like instead of seeing him through the avatar projection system of the Animus 1.28. That was a nice touch. If you talk to Darby again, tell him these fixes were much appreciated.

As for the DLC description, I'm a little disappointed that it's just more first person gameplay. I didn't hate the Desmond's Journey missions, but the first person nature of them rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I think I would have enjoyed them more if they had elements of the virtual reality level you play after completing The Truth in Brotherhood, and kept you in the normal 3rd person free-running gameplay. The gameplay was also rather simplistic, which hurt it. My biggest disappointment with the missions was just that there wasn't much story information revealed in them, so they felt rather pointless. I liked the atmosphere of the missions and their environments. If the DLC can make the puzzles more involved and fun while having a good story that is presented better than Desmond's Journey was, I will be happy.

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Untrue.

The13Doctors
02-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Untrue.

It always does. PS3 and PC will be getting them a month later.

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM

That's not true at all. Xbox didn't even get the Copernicus DLC not that they really missed anything big but PS3 has already been updated for the DLC.

j0kay
02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Never. That's activison's way of releasing dlcs!

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 05:15 PM

No they don't. As everyone else has pointed out. Do some research please. Thanks.

Sajn12
02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Can't Wait!

RapNoize
02-22-2012, 07:50 PM
What about that one. Don't think we'll get more, but who knows :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7gxHoyCPU

AntiChrist7
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM

nice post. what worries me though is that pc isnt mentioned at the end

Gil_217
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Oh hell yeah!!

mustash
02-22-2012, 08:13 PM

Sweet merciful christ, I CANNOT wait.

Dejan507
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Wait wait wait, was that Rebbeca that said "Vidic, we kept him in the animus for too long"
What the hell is going on here!
This better be released on PC because if not I am going to set my self on fire

mustash
02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Wait wait wait, was that Rebbeca that said "Vidic, we kept him in the animus for too long"

I get the feeling that they couldn't get kristen bell to voice for Lucy so they got Rebbecas voice actor instead. Me thinks, who knows...perhaps Rebbeca knows 16 :|

Acrimonious_Nin
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
OMG right wtf was that all about... o.O

thekarlone
02-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the video, :P.

pacmanate
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Wow, Rebeccas voice? I don't believe they couldnt get the voice actor for lucy in this because this was obviously planned before to be dlc with the broken archways etc. Maybe Rebecca is evil too?

Gil_217
02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Is it just me or did William implied that Clay was a spy in Abstergo in the first place?

kalo.yanis
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Ugh.. great. More first person sequences...

Am I the only one that's not overly thrilled about this?

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it seems Clay was sent into Abstergo as a spy for the Assassin Order, but the plan backfired. Probably Lucy and Clay were sent in as partners, that's why Lucy feels so much pain for the death of Clay, since they were most likely partners. Interesting indeed...

ElDoucherino
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Is it just me or did William implied that Clay was a spy in Abstergo in the first place?

Wasn't that Williams voice?

The13Doctors
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM

I think it's much more than an implication, I believe it's now fact. It wasn't implied, he straight up said it, clay is a spy. Awesome.

From the sound of it, maybe Clay was regretting it. Seeing as it goes back to his Novice days.

itsamea-mario
02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
This looks fezzing Awesome!!

ElDoucherino
02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Wasn't that Williams voice?

Thought i read Vidic, my bad :)

eagleforlife1
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Ugh.. great. More first person sequences...

Am I the only one that's not overly thrilled about this?

You're not the only one, no.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 09:07 PM
This looks fezzing Awesome!!

ditto.

Shomu07
02-22-2012, 09:28 PM
so it looks like we won't get all the pre-order exclusives after all....

twenty_glyphs
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for posting the video. The first-person stuff is nothing to get excited about, but if the amount of content is large with the same amount of detail as The Truth puzzles, I will be interested. I noticed several glyphs, the picture of Jesus on the cross with The Shroud from AC2's Truth puzzle, and the picture of the TV signal pattern from one of Brotherhood's Clusters. Hopefully those kinds of things will be further developed. I still say they should have made this stuff more like the Truth payoff from Brotherhood and kept the free-running and climbing mechanic that the rest of the series is known for. I'm also disappointed that there's no new content for Ezio other than existing pre-order bonuses.

I hope that was Rebecca's voice in the video -- it definitely was not Kristen Bell, that's for sure. When I first heard it I thought it was a bad knock-off voice for Lucy, but then after listening to it more it definitely sounds like Rebecca. If Lucy's voice gets replaced, I will be beyond upset. They've already changed every character's face in Revelations to an uglier version, changed the distinctive voice of Alta´r from the first game, changed Subject 16's voice after his voice was the only thing we've ever known him by, and even tweaked the design of the Apple of Eden! Is it too much to ask for a little consistency across different chapters of a story? None of the changes I just mentioned from Revelations made anything better, they only broke the feeling of consistency in the story.

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for posting the video. The first-person stuff is nothing to get excited about, but if the amount of content is large with the same amount of detail as The Truth puzzles, I will be interested. I noticed several glyphs, the picture of Jesus on the cross with The Shroud from AC2's Truth puzzle, and the picture of the TV signal pattern from one of Brotherhood's Clusters. Hopefully those kinds of things will be further developed. I still say they should have made this stuff more like the Truth payoff from Brotherhood and kept the free-running and climbing mechanic that the rest of the series is known for. I'm also disappointed that there's no new content for Ezio other than existing pre-order bonuses.

I hope that was Rebecca's voice in the video -- it definitely was not Kristen Bell, that's for sure. When I first heard it I thought it was a bad knock-off voice for Lucy, but then after listening to it more it definitely sounds like Rebecca. If Lucy's voice gets replaced, I will be beyond upset. They've already changed every character's face in Revelations to an uglier version, changed the distinctive voice of Alta´r from the first game, changed Subject 16's voice after his voice was the only thing we've ever known him by, and even tweaked the design of the Apple of Eden! Is it too much to ask for a little consistency across different chapters of a story? None of the changes I just mentioned from Revelations made anything better, they only broke the feeling of consistency in the story.

I tend to agree with this however if that is Rebecca and it certainly does sound like it, then wouldn't that imply Rebecca was around while Lucy was at Abstergo? Didn't Rebecca say she hadn't seen Lucy in 7 years in ACII?

MarleyMon81
02-22-2012, 09:39 PM
so it looks like we won't get all the pre-order exclusives after all....

How do you figure?

From the trailer, it looks like we'll get the Vlad mission, if you don't already have it, and the 3 pre-order MP characters (Ottoman Doctor and Jester, and The Crusader).

Gil_217
02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
I tend to agree with this however if that is Rebecca and it certainly does sound like it, then wouldn't that imply Rebecca was around while Lucy was at Abstergo? Didn't Rebecca say she hadn't seen Lucy in 7 years in ACII?

The dialog in that trailer doesn't imply that Rebecca and Lucy saw each other around that time, we only heard Rebecca (presumably) talking to Vidic.

EscoBlades
02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
How do you figure?

From the trailer, it looks like we'll get the Vlad mission, if you don't already have it, and the 3 pre-order MP characters (Ottoman Doctor and Jester, and The Crusader).

Yeah, the Ottoman Edition has quite a lot in it - http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/22/ac-revelations-ottoman-edition-available-for-preorder-at-zavvi/

twenty_glyphs
02-22-2012, 09:52 PM

Yeah, but there's definitely something fishy going on with something here. If Lucy really was working for the Templars all along and there is some kind of ploy going on with Desmond, who's to say Rebecca's not in on it as well? Lucy went to that warehouse to meet Rebecca and Shaun in AC2, but Rebecca could have been working for the Templars as well. If so, the 7 years could have simply been a lie to make it look legit to Desmond and Shaun. Also, Rebecca is said to have rescued Shaun from the Templars, like Lucy rescued Desmond. Who's to say they're not both being set up?

There's also the issue of something from Cluster 10 in Brotherhood that has intrigued me since last year. Cluster 10 has the chess puzzle that says the following:

+64 squares, all ranks and files, every move anticipated. Every response engineered. Abstergo created it. It's the company's game, there is no way out +H. ACT II, SC. 2 192. Abran los ojos. Tuam Libera Mentem. The King. F2. Your Move.

The message here is that Abstergo has engineered everything and has been manipulating everyone, down to engineering their responses. The clues are references to a Hamlet scene mentioning a method to one's madness, Spanish for "open your eyes", and Latin for "free your mind". The solution to that chess puzzle was to take the king piece off the board and refuse to play by Abstergo's rules, since they created the game. This may be a clue to how deep their manipulation and plans go.

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but there's definitely something fishy going on with something here. If Lucy really was working for the Templars all along and there is some kind of ploy going on with Desmond, who's to say Rebecca's not in on it as well? Lucy went to that warehouse to meet Rebecca and Shaun in AC2, but Rebecca could have been working for the Templars as well. If so, the 7 years could have simply been a lie to make it look legit to Desmond and Shaun. Also, Rebecca is said to have rescued Shaun from the Templars, like Lucy rescued Desmond. Who's to say they're not both being set up?

There's also the issue of something from Cluster 10 in Brotherhood that has intrigued me since last year. Cluster 10 has the chess puzzle that says the following:

The message here is that Abstergo has engineered everything and has been manipulating everyone, down to engineering their responses. The clues are references to a Hamlet scene mentioning a method to one's madness, Spanish for "open your eyes", and Latin for "free your mind". The solution to that chess puzzle was to take the king piece off the board and refuse to play by Abstergo's rules, since they created the game. This may be a clue to how deep their manipulation and plans go.

Huh all great points. It sounds like the story is going to be interesting on this one but I just don't know if I can part with 15 dollars to hop around those annoying Desmond sequences again.

ElDoucherino
02-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Huh all great points. It sounds like the story is going to be interesting on this one but I just don't know if I can part with 15 dollars to hop around those annoying Desmond sequences again.

Wasn't it 10 dollars?

YuurHeen
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
so is it only 2 memory missions like desmonds? cause that is really not worth 10 bucks. thats like half a hour of gameplay.
and whats with the trailer comming only a week before release?

ElDoucherino
02-22-2012, 10:10 PM
so is it only 2 memory missions like desmonds? cause that is really not worth 10 bucks. thats like half a hour of gameplay.
and whats with the trailer comming only a week before release?

Vlad the Impaler mission is also with the DLC as well as some skins and MP characters. I have a feeling that these sequences are longer than half an hour. That is just my take.

kriegerdesgottes
02-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Wasn't it 10 dollars?

Oh that's right the price change to 10 dollars.

Shomu07
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I have the Turkish Armour and the Armour of Brutus, and with this dlc ill have Vlad's sword and the MP charaters. But what about Altiar's Robes and the weapon capacity upgrades from the other editions? I'd just like to get my moneys worth is all

NomTheBurritos
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Is it me or do I see that Lucy has some bloodstains on her shirt,just as Clay asks "whats gonna happen to me?"?
And yes, I will totally buy the DLC mainly because Ibwant to find out about Lucy's past and the reason of her death(as shes my fave character along with Des), and to find out more of Clay's story and hopefully get some nice revelations.

AntiChrist7
02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Is it me or do I see that Lucy has some bloodstains on her shirt,just as Clay asks "whats gonna happen to me?"?
And yes, I will totally buy the DLC mainly because Ibwant to find out about Lucy's past and the reason of her death(as shes my fave character along with Des), and to find out more of Clay's story and hopefully get some nice revelations.

lucy had bloodstains on her shirt at the start of ACII, s16 was dead already then

Also, im not 100% sure of this, but i think rebecca is saying: vidic HE kept him in the animus too long

NomTheBurritos
02-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes that is true but what if it was happening during Clay's "visit" at abstergo? If we are going to see Sub16s point of view, maybe this can be something new(unrelated to the escape from abstergo, which is also possible)
"What if this was happening" as in- what if she got those bloodstains as she was at abstergo with Clay? Its alo a possibility, highly unlikely but who knows?

Also, after re-listening to the trailer agin, I too her rebecca saying either "Vidic...kept him in the animus too long" or "Vidic, he kept him in the animus too long". I hear no "we kept him..."

SixKeys
02-22-2012, 11:17 PM
lucy had bloodstains on her shirt at the start of ACII, s16 was dead already then

Also, im not 100% sure of this, but i think rebecca is saying: vidic HE kept him in the animus too long

Lucy in this trailer was wearing the same clothes she wears at the beginning of AC2. The scene overall where she's running looks like the beginning when she and Desmond break out of Abstergo. I'm not sure what this means, could be a flashback or they just reused her character model from AC2 for the trailer. Not sure what's up with Rebecca's voice being in the trailer either but I doubt they're using the actress as a stand-in for Lucy. The leaked audio from a while back proves Kristen Bell recorded lines for the DLC and Ubisoft wouldn't be stupid enough to replace her with someone who sounds completely different (not to mention voices another prominent character in the series).

I really enjoyed the Desmond sequences in ACR, so I don't mind getting some more. I really hope it will be worth it though, the Desmond sequences in ACR were really short once you got the hang of them.

Will we be getting the MP map pack with the DLC or just the pre-order characters?

LightRey
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Lucy in this trailer was wearing the same clothes she wears at the beginning of AC2. The scene overall where she's running looks like the beginning when she and Desmond break out of Abstergo. I'm not sure what this means, could be a flashback or they just reused her character model from AC2 for the trailer. Not sure what's up with Rebecca's voice being in the trailer either but I doubt they're using the actress as a stand-in for Lucy. The leaked audio from a while back proves Kristen Bell recorded lines for the DLC and Ubisoft wouldn't be stupid enough to replace her with someone who sounds completely different (not to mention voices another prominent character in the series).

I really enjoyed the Desmond sequences in ACR, so I don't mind getting some more. I really hope it will be worth it though, the Desmond sequences in ACR were really short once you got the hang of them.

Will we be getting the MP map pack with the DLC or just the pre-order characters?

Lots of stuff from this trailer seems to be from older games and trailers.

InfectedNation
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM

I think you'll find that's Skyrim......

rob.davies2014
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
The leaked audio from a while back proves Kristen Bell recorded lines for the DLC and Ubisoft wouldn't be stupid enough to replace her with someone who sounds completely different (not to mention voices another prominent character in the series).

I don't think Lucy was in the leaked audio files? What do you remember her saying?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-23-2012, 02:21 AM
I don't think Lucy was in the leaked audio files? What do you remember her saying?

you are right she is not in the audio files and the voice does strangely sounds like rebecca <3 :D.... but it might be just another abstergo assistant

NomTheBurritos
02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
This is getting more and more interesting. And...why did ubisof just take down all the dlc vids on YT? The file most of us watched has been taken down, hmm...
And, as far as I remember, I think that Lucy was only mentioned by other people in the leaked audio. She didny say anything herself, but that is what Ive heard, and I might be wrong.

LightRey
02-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Are we seriously doubting that the voice in the trailer was Rebecca's?

pirate1802
02-23-2012, 09:40 AM
What the heck is going on? The video is blocked by Ubisoft. I'm very disappointed with their attitude. Are they even serious about this DLC? -_-"

LightRey
02-23-2012, 09:49 AM
What the heck is going on? The video is blocked by Ubisoft. I'm very disappointed with their attitude. Are they even serious about this DLC? -_-"

Of course it was blocked. They always do that. All game companies always do that.

EscoBlades
02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm actually surprised. I thought Zavvi had gotten the exclusive on the trailer. I guess that wasn't meant for public consumption then. Oops....

eagleforlife1
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm actually surprised. I thought Zavvi had gotten the exclusive on the trailer. I guess that wasn't meant for public consumption then. Oops....

I assumed the same.

D.I.D.
02-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Of course it was blocked. They always do that. All game companies always do that.

If someone else expressed an exaggerated falsehood of this magnitude, your head would explode before you could hit Reply.

LightRey
02-23-2012, 01:33 PM
If someone else expressed an exaggerated falsehood of this magnitude, your head would explode before you could hit Reply.

You do realize that an exaggerated falsehood is an exaggeration of the reason why something is considered false, right?

SixKeys
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
This is getting more and more interesting. And...why did ubisof just take down all the dlc vids on YT? The file most of us watched has been taken down, hmm...
And, as far as I remember, I think that Lucy was only mentioned by other people in the leaked audio. She didny say anything herself, but that is what Ive heard, and I might be wrong.

I could have sworn I heard several lines from her in the audio. Then again, I only listened to it once and don't have the transcript. It would seem a little odd to have her appear in the DLC to (presumably) tell us something about her relationship with Clay and Abstergo and not have her say a single word. But we'll find out soon enough, I guess.

thekarlone
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/23/assassin-39-s-creed-revelations-the-lost-archive-dlc-trailer-is-on-the-web.aspx

pirate1802
02-23-2012, 06:12 PM

But it's less than a week to release. They still don't want us to see their trailer?

EscoBlades
02-23-2012, 06:30 PM
But it's less than a week to release. They still don't want us to see their trailer?

Publishers have schedules. This might not have fit with their schedule.

GLHS
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I could have sworn I heard several lines from her in the audio. Then again, I only listened to it once and don't have the transcript. It would seem a little odd to have her appear in the DLC to (presumably) tell us something about her relationship with Clay and Abstergo and not have her say a single word. But we'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Nope, just a lot of dialogue about her, and quite a bit said to her directly from William and Vidic. But nothing from her to them.

lilshawty741
02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
The trailer is all over YouTube. I guess it was officially released in Europe, or something like that. Anyway just search for acr lost archives.