PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Have Gone?

tjbyrum1
02-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Just curious as to see where the AC Community would have liked an AC game to take place.

Assuming you were given the opportunity to choose the next location/time period of an Assassin's Creed game, where would it be and what era would it take place in; how exactly would it fit into the Assassin's Creed game Universe?

SPECIAL NOTE: I am absolutely not suggesting a time period or location where the Assassin's Creed games should go next. (You know I had to put this).

Kit572
02-20-2012, 01:43 AM
I want it to be in china because i'm dying to know what Ezio gave Shao Jun.

The13Doctors
02-20-2012, 02:32 AM

This.

Also I want to play as a female, nimbler, quicker, Assassin like Shao Jun.

Azula2005
02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Babylon, Mesopotamia

AND NO GIRL ASSASSIN!

kalo.yanis
02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
I'd actually like seeing the game go to the Far East as well. Katana and shuriken action ftw! Also, beautiful nature and rich culture.

Additionally, I'd love for them to visit France and/or Spain/Portugal. Some really beautiful cities there.

Also, Central Europe would be a god choice - the likes of Vienna, Prague, Krakow, etc - that's where Europe really gets quaint and charming.

I'd also like them to visit the Balkans quite a lot. It's literally the motherlode of lesser-know culture and history for westerners. It's been a battleground between so many tribes, nations and states of different origin and heritage, being where the Occident meets the Orient. you could explore Greek colonialism, Macedonia's conquests to the far east, the rise and fall of the Byzantine, Bulgarian and Ottoman empires, the Balkan wars. Lots of nice cities as well, most of which were astounding during ancient and medieval times (Dubrovnik, Athens, Thessaloniki, Tarnovo, Preslav, Ohrid, Philipopolis, Thera). The only minus is that we've visited Constantinople, already, which is in the same region.

I'm also very interested in exploring the rather elusive history of the Middle East - Persia, Bactria, the Caucasus, etc. That would have a very AC1 feeling in terms of locale, only perhaps more intriguing due to most people's lack of awareness of that region. Mongolia and Tibet/Nepal as well.

As for Mesoamerica - I can't really see it fitting the AC universe, mostly in a stylistic way, but the culture there was definitely very rich and I can see why many people want that region to be visited.

Oh, and Egypt is another natural choice. Would go well with Mesopotamia, actually.

JumpInTheFire13
02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Ancient Greece would be sick. I think an Eastern Asian one would be cool too. South America during the Aztec/Mayan/Incan Empires as well. I really really hope that is made into a game sometime after AC3.

SixKeys
02-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Victorian England, clearly the only right choice. ;)

RzaRecta357
02-20-2012, 03:38 AM

It's almost painfully obvious that it was the seals to the library. He didn't want the apple. He used the seals for guidance. Shao Jun needed guidance. It only makes sense.

Anyway, I'm happy with where ever they would stick it! Just no asian places. I'd rather just go play Tenchu.

kalo.yanis
02-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Victorian England, clearly the only right choice. ;)

You see, that would be quite nice, but anything to do with the UK or too much Gothic architecture screams gloomy and I get a bad Acre vibe...

nukelukespuke34
02-20-2012, 05:25 AM
It's almost painfully obvious that it was the seals to the library. He didn't want the apple. He used the seals for guidance. Shao Jun needed guidance. It only makes sense.

No, he used the seals to get into Altair's vault. And Darby confirmed that what was in the box is not set in stone. As the writer of Embers, he has a good idea of what it is, but its up to the writers of AC3 if they want to go with it or not.

I'm happy with where ever they would stick it! Just no asian places. I'd rather just go play Tenchu.

There hasn't been a Tenchu game since 4 years ago, and even then that series was going down the drain. If AC3 can portray Japanese or Chinese cities with great detail, accuracy, and can really capture its historical and cultural richness, then I'm all for AC3 being in Asia.

Rapier98
02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
I would like a more modern setting, I know it would never happen as everybody likes having such historical time periods. But, if I had to choose I would want AC3 to be in Africa, Shakazulu!

D.I.D.
02-20-2012, 11:25 AM
There are settings I've been awaiting for some time, but the more these rumours build up of an American Revolution plus French Revolution theme, the more I hope that's the one.

I don't think there's any possibility of me not liking the location, no matter where it is. The artists for the concepts and environments (and all the 3d of course) do a great job.

SixKeys
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
You see, that would be quite nice, but anything to do with the UK or too much Gothic architecture screams gloomy and I get a bad Acre vibe...

I love Acre, so I wouldn't see a problem with it even if they were similar. Considering Acre from AC1 and Victorian London (or any other city) are about 700 years apart though, I doubt that would be the case. Plus, think of all the atmospheric stuff they could do with rain and fog.

rileypoole1234
02-20-2012, 06:08 PM
I definitely would've taken the series to Victorian England.

D.I.D.
02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I definitely would've taken the series to Victorian England.

So would I, but that's one I'd like to see after they've released the next gen consoles.

kriegerdesgottes
02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
French Revolution

tarrero
02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
French Revolution
Victorian England
Indian Mughal Empire

And about China and Japan, well, I think that both in terms of culture and architecture are pretty rich, itīs just that I prefer other setting for these series, although I would like to see a spinoff over there.

Black_Widow9
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Please use the Search function to find similar Topics.
Thanks ;)