PDA

View Full Version : Examining Assassin’s Creed III Rumors

J_incredible
02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Examining Assassin's Creed III Rumors
Source (http://www.nxus.co/exclusives/examining-assassins-creed-iii-rumors-19177/)

In consideration of Ubisoft's recent announcement that the next installment of the Assassin's Creed series will be released on October 30th, it seems it's time to do an in depth recap of some of the rumors regarding what we can expect to see in Assassin's Creed 3. Over time and especially within the past few months since the release of Revelations, there have been many interesting suggestions as to what might happen in the next game. For a game that has taken around three years to develop, you can only expect that the upcoming release will be monumental; but how far is Ubisoft planning to go? Until we have some official previews from Ubisoft, it may be time to collect all of the current information regarding the upcoming release and brainstorm about where it may take us.

Feature discusses:

- Characters
- Locations
- Storyline / Plots
- Beyond Assassin's Creed III

http://www.nxus.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/assassinscreed3-300x101.jpg

gamertam
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Rumor has it that ACIII will takes place in Japan.

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Rumor has it that ACIII will takes place in Japan.

Since I see absolutely no way to connect said location to phrygian caps or masonic eyes, I say that rumor is based fully on false hope.

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Well so far it really seems like the location will be America and I'm going to give my evidence here.

This is an article written by Kokatu a while back where someone claimed they had inside information about ACIII being in America during the Revolution and these are his claims:

A guy who e-mailed me and said he saw Assassin's Creed III in action several months ago, but who I couldn't confirm was legit: (I'm paraphrasing what he told me.) The game is in America, during the Revolutionary War, starring a half-American/half-Native American assassin who meets George Washington and builds up a homebase farm of some sort. He mentioned a mission involving tracking redcoats on a frozen lake (the ice could be weakened so they fell through) and a level involving three-mast ships in grand combat. [Note from Stephen: Would be cool if it was true, no?

Then more recently we get another report supposedly from yet another insider saying that Ubisoft reported that the next game will be in America during the Revolution. This report read as follows:
The next Assassin's Creed game might be headed to American soil, according to a new, unconfirmed report from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333754/assassins-creed-heads-to-american-revolution-rumour).It pegs the forthcoming Assassin's Creed III — or whatever Ubisoft will call this year's planned installment — as set during the American Revolution.

CVG cites "a source close to the project" who reportedly also reveals that the next major Assassin's Creed will be unveiled by March 31.

Ubisoft has said the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Revelations (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/assassins-creed-revelations/14797) will be "the biggest to date" and that Assassin's Creed III would feature a "new setting, [and] new hero."

The publisher-developer has solicited user feedback on the future direction of the series, according to an alleged marketing research survey (http://www.empirestategamer.com/future-assassins-creed-storylines-and-locations-revealed). One of the possible locations and time periods under consideration was "the confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during the American Revolution of the XVIII century."

Then if you consider the coordinates of the Da Vinci disappearance pointing at New York and Alex Amancio saying in an interview that "after Revelations people will know exactly where the franchise is headed" and then at the end of Revelations *spoilers* the map showing the main temple where Desmond needs to go is right in New York.

I'm not necessarily for it but I'm not totally against it either. I feel indifferent on the subject as I do like the time period but I would much prefer the French Revolution over the American one and mind you I am American.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Krieger, you're putting a lot of faith in sources (with a reputation for making up stuff) that claim to have an "inside source". I have never heard of there being such a thing in Ubisoft and their reputation for being able to keep such facts about upcoming games a secret indicates that there is no such thing. I see also no reason to assume the modern-day location is in any way related to the ancestor's location.

brick177
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Might be both. The American Revolution (1775-1783) and French Revolution (1789-1799) were extensively intertwined with many of the same characters showing up in both. I could easily see a story line that spans the 30 year period from 1770 - 1800 and covers both revolutions.

kriegerdesgottes
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM
@ Rey I agree that nothing is for sure at all and none of this is confirmation of anything you are right but I just thought I'd usethis thread to throw out the evidence that I have seen and I think all of it is of some significance considering the games themselves imply this area although again, I agree, it could be totally wrong. However I will point out and I don't know if you remember but wayyy back in about January or so of 2009 I do recall hearing all kinds of rumors about some guy going in for testing and saying he saw an unfinished CG trailer and he described almost exactly what turned out to be the E3 trailer for ACII and then he went on to say they showed him pictures of the protagonist and under each photo was the word EZIO and they had to pick which one they thought looked the coolest and it all turned out to be totally true. So again we know nothing at this point and there's not enough to say one way or the other in my opinion but this is the evidence that I have seen for ACIII being in America and I will point out again that I'm not even really all that for it. I just think that it'll probably be there.

notafanboy
02-19-2012, 12:10 AM
the only thing that worries me is that there won´t be as many buildings to climb and smaller cities, i guess that a horse will take care of that problem.

brick177
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Here's a rendition of NYC in 1776. It was pretty extensive. http://www.firedbydesign.com/fbdimg/2010/05/Episode-2-New-York-1776.jpg

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.firedbydesign.com/fbdimg/2010/05/Episode-2-New-York-1776.jpg
Here's that picture ^

brick177
02-19-2012, 12:23 AM
haha, thanks! not sure how to do that

notafanboy
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Here's a rendition of NYC in 1776. It was pretty extensive. http://www.firedbydesign.com/fbdimg/2010/05/Episode-2-New-York-1776.jpg

access denied. And the picture doesn´t work, also i forgot to mention that guns were more common back then aswell as fire fights,that means the current "lock on" system won´t work,i think AC3 should have manual aim and a cover system (you should be able to assassinate people from cover too)this would enhance the stealth too, it would add some more difficulty to the game and projectiles should have drop-off

brick177
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry. Not sure why. Both the link and The13Doctors post work for me. Try here http://www.firedbydesign.com/4197/historical-epic/ it is the 6th picture down.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
@ Rey I agree that nothing is for sure at all and none of this is confirmation of anything you are right but I just thought I'd usethis thread to throw out the evidence that I have seen and I think all of it is of some significance considering the games themselves imply this area although again, I agree, it could be totally wrong. However I will point out and I don't know if you remember but wayyy back in about January or so of 2009 I do recall hearing all kinds of rumors about some guy going in for testing and saying he saw an unfinished CG trailer and he described almost exactly what turned out to be the E3 trailer for ACII and then he went on to say they showed him pictures of the protagonist and under each photo was the word EZIO and they had to pick which one they thought looked the coolest and it all turned out to be totally true. So again we know nothing at this point and there's not enough to say one way or the other in my opinion but this is the evidence that I have seen for ACIII being in America and I will point out again that I'm not even really all that for it. I just think that it'll probably be there.

Well I'm of course not saying it won't be there, but I am saying that the clues aren't very solid at this point.

lukaszep
02-19-2012, 12:38 AM
99% of articles and rumors are purely educated guesses..if that.

The next Assassin's Creed game might be headed to American soil, according to a new, unconfirmed report from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333754/assassins-creed-heads-to-american-revolution-rumour).It pegs the forthcoming Assassin's Creed III — or whatever Ubisoft will call this year's planned installment — as set during the American Revolution.

CVG cites "a source close to the project" who reportedly also reveals that the next major Assassin's Creed will be unveiled by March 31. - Well that's just obvious. The games have all been revealed before then.

The publisher-developer has solicited user feedback on the future direction of the series, according to an alleged marketing research survey (http://www.empirestategamer.com/future-assassins-creed-storylines-and-locations-revealed). One of the possible locations and time periods under consideration was "the confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during the American Revolution of the XVIII century." - The survey would have had no effect on AC3, if the game has been in development in 2009, almost two years before the survey was released. Also, the history is inaccurate in this particular article (and many others). Confrontation between British colonists and native Americans was fairly insignificant in the American Revolution.

brick177
02-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I would bet that that infamous poll on desired locations was meant for future AC's, as in, AFTER AC3. I say this because the poll came out a while after they had already begun development of AC3. A good hint as to where AC3 might be, would be any place left off of that poll.

kriegerdesgottes
02-19-2012, 12:51 AM
- Well that's just obvious. The games have all been revealed before then.

That's not true actually. March 31 would be slightly earlier than usual for Ubisoft to reveal info on an AC game. ACII was revealed April 6th 2009, ACB was reveled in Early May I believe and ACR was revealed in Late April almost Early May. I believe that one of the Ubisoft heads also more recently said more details about ACIII would be revealed in May which would be the normal time but that would actually take some credence from that "March 31" claim.

Will_Lucky
02-19-2012, 01:33 AM
In regards to that Market Survey, we saw a Market Survey released before Revelations was announced asking questions such as would you rather have another game as Ezio leading the brotherhood in another country, or a new assassin. And they briefly explained the Hookblade and wanted to know if it was a good idea.

They must have designed Revelations by this point, and odds are it wasn't research for a future game but research to see if the decisions they had taken would be responded to well. It could be the same with the locations survey.

twenty_glyphs
02-19-2012, 06:09 AM
In regards to that Market Survey, we saw a Market Survey released before Revelations was announced asking questions such as would you rather have another game as Ezio leading the brotherhood in another country, or a new assassin. And they briefly explained the Hookblade and wanted to know if it was a good idea.

They must have designed Revelations by this point, and odds are it wasn't research for a future game but research to see if the decisions they had taken would be responded to well. It could be the same with the locations survey.

You make a great point about the reason for last year's survey, and it could be true about this year's. The difference with this year's location survey is that they asked about 8 different locations. I would think if they were just trying to confirm that they made a good decision, they wouldn't list so many locations and run the risk of seeing the one they picked for AC3 coming in 6th or something. What would they do then? It's way too late to change the location and time period of AC3.

I think it's more likely that they are planning the next phase of the AC story after Desmond and 2012 right now, and were researching favorite locations returned from this survey. I think it's also interesting that the survey lists conflicts between British colonists (future Americans) and Native Americans during the Revolution instead of the conflict between British colonists and British soldiers, as in the actual Revolution. That could be something left off the list that says a lot by its absence, like the French Revolution.

I also noticed something interesting during the interview with Darby McDevitt during the Fragdolls game session a few weeks ago. At one point they were talking about Shao Jun from Embers, and Darby said that she came out of the idea that Corey May and Jean Guesdon (another AC brand writer) wanted Ezio to pass on some of his knowledge to an Assassin from far away. It sounded like there was some back and forth before the idea of China was settled on. If they intended for her to be a link to AC3, I doubt they would have gone back and forth on what country her character should have come from at a time when we know the location of AC3 was already decided on. It seems more likely to me that Shao Jun was meant as a planted seed for a game or story that takes place after AC3 and 2012.

brick177
02-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Exactly my thoughts twenty_glyphs.

RzaRecta357
02-20-2012, 03:51 AM
I honestly don't think they'll use her again. She needed help with her order. Ezio gave her the seals or something to teach her like he was taught. Now we have an excuse for a huge order on that side of the world during modern times or if they do decide to make a game there.

kriegerdesgottes
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I honestly don't think they'll use her again. She needed help with her order. Ezio gave her the seals or something to teach her like he was taught. Now we have an excuse for a huge order on that side of the world during modern times or if they do decide to make a game there.

I agree, Darby said himself he just put her in to give future writers something to work with and although he has some idea of what he thinks is in the box, the next writer could easily come along and decide on something totally different so I think the whole Shao Jun thing was just a way to appease the fans that want to see some Asian culture and to give future writers something to use. That was all in a video with the frag dolls and Esco. Esco might have a link to it. I don't feel like digging it up.

rileypoole1234
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM

Agreed. I'm fine with the French Revolution, but I'd like to see Ubi go somewhere we don't expect. Just not Japan or China. I definitely don't want to play as Shao.

Dieinthedark
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm so sick of guns in AC. The only way to get past it is:

1. Go back in time
2. Stay in the ancestor's time/somewhat future in less technologically developed societies

That's it! Guns don't belong in AC, so far it's been okay but if everyone is carrying a musket around that's going to SUCK!!!

RzaRecta357
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM

1. Go back in time
2. Stay in the ancestor's time/somewhat future in less technologically developed societies

That's it! Guns don't belong in AC, so far it's been okay but if everyone is carrying a musket around that's going to SUCK!!!

You don't know that. They've had 3 years or something to get it right. Have a little faith. They'll have worked something out that appeases everyone I'm sure.

LightRey
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM

1. Go back in time

Ah of course, because you are the authority on what does and does not belong in AC.

Patrickmc693
02-20-2012, 11:14 PM
im suprised no one has said it yet, cause i thought it was a fairly good assumption. We all now the ending of revelations (im not gonna spoil it). why not bring the game back to Eden, during the uprising against The Ones That Came Before. Desmond needs to learn how to stop the impending destruction of Earth and People in Eden seem to know how. So Desmond could learn the secret from them. At the very least, he can learn the location of the other temples. Of course, it will be Desmond heavy game(i hope), so it could be like AC 1.- sequence in the animus, get out, go somewhere and do something and get back in. thats my belief anyways. But, 2nd to this , is it american revolution. that time period has featured heavliy in Glyphs/Clusters, it isnt a time visited often by games (something ubisoft sticks by when making AC) and guns havent been developed enough change the whole formula.

Dieinthedark
02-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Ah of course, because you are the authority on what does and does not belong in AC.

Nowhere did I say that. My post was a reflection on my idea of guns in an AC game. I had two ideas how guns could not be forced onto the player. If you have other ideas by all means, enlighten me. But seriously, if everyone is shooting you and you have to shoot them back, that would lose the magic of AC games. It's about being stealthy in a social environment, therefore not shooting people. Make sense?

I'm fine people disagreeing with me, i don't care, it's a forum. But please, let's not get into some four page rambling on about whatever....

You don't know that. They've had 3 years or something to get it right. Have a little faith. They'll have worked something out that appeases everyone I'm sure.

I do have faith. But again, imho having guns in an AC game just doesn't seem to work. Especially if everyone (or at least more people) are using them. It breaks the social stealth aspect to me. Truth be told, ACIII is my most anticipated game for 2012, I'm not hating or trolling, I'm stating opinion.

Moultonborough
02-21-2012, 05:06 AM
I agree. I was disappointed by the appearance of guns in AC:B. Full guns not the hidden gun I mean. If AC III has period guns fine that won't bother me so much, but if they are in Modern time it(for me at least) will take away from the feel of the game. The last thing I want Assassins Creed is for it to turn into a FPS.

LightRey
02-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Nowhere did I say that. My post was a reflection on my idea of guns in an AC game. I had two ideas how guns could not be forced onto the player. If you have other ideas by all means, enlighten me. But seriously, if everyone is shooting you and you have to shoot them back, that would lose the magic of AC games. It's about being stealthy in a social environment, therefore not shooting people. Make sense?

I'm fine people disagreeing with me, i don't care, it's a forum. But please, let's not get into some four page rambling on about whatever....

I do have faith. But again, imho having guns in an AC game just doesn't seem to work. Especially if everyone (or at least more people) are using them. It breaks the social stealth aspect to me. Truth be told, ACIII is my most anticipated game for 2012, I'm not hating or trolling, I'm stating opinion.

Then say "I don't like guns in AC" or "I think that..." or "It is my opinion that...", etc.

EscoBlades
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree, Darby said himself he just put her in to give future writers something to work with and although he has some idea of what he thinks is in the box, the next writer could easily come along and decide on something totally different so I think the whole Shao Jun thing was just a way to appease the fans that want to see some Asian culture and to give future writers something to use. That was all in a video with the frag dolls and Esco. Esco might have a link to it. I don't feel like digging it up.

BOOM? (http://www.twitch.tv/fragdolls/b/307460384)

kriegerdesgottes
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
BOOM? (http://www.twitch.tv/fragdolls/b/307460384)

Boom indeed :P. This is the one I saw. There's some good info in this video.

SuperRedLFC
02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Japan is a possibility. Having watched AC Embers the young girl Ezio trains is possibly Japanese.

ElDoucherino
02-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Japan is a possibility. Having watched AC Embers the young girl Ezio trains is possibly Japanese.

Hope to God no :)! Give us something new and fresh...like the french revolution...

LightRey
02-23-2012, 02:44 PM

He doesn't train her, just teaches her about the order and its philosophies and she's Chinese.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-23-2012, 03:01 PM
wtf no way omg she is chinese ... wow... -__- as an enthusiast in asian culture i am appalled lol

eagleforlife1
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
wtf no way omg she is chinese ... wow... -__- as an enthusiast in asian culture i am appalled lol

I'm as stunned as you are mate.

odysseasmsk
02-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok hi.. I just wanted to post some info about AC III..
Well.. Uisoft announced the release date and that the game is taking place at the American Revolution (18th Century)
Im realy worried about this period of time.. Here's why..:
-First of all.. When i started assassins creed we were at 12th century using swords and other blades.. when AC 2 released i was having some trouble to the Altair to Ezio change but after a while i figured out that ezio was a lot more enjoyable than Altair. So far the game story was absolutely amazing (totaly loved it) Ezio's story was awesome but now he will rest.. 18th century now.. ACIII I realy dont like the sound of it. I first thought *New character? aww thats bad :(* or *the 18th century date is too .. recent? lol * but anyway i feel that, that "Assassin" thingy that we are carying from AC 1 will be gone because of the guns and the more advanced technology.. i mean who needs blades when u have gun power lolz?
-Secondly How the f*ck is Desmond gonna be an Assassins while other templars have some gun power? duh? -.-
Well another problem(for me at least) is that we will never know the story of Ezio's mother, sister or the other assassins we've met in AC2 and 3.. What will hapen to them? What will happen to the masyaf library? what will happen to the Apple of Eden for **** sake ... I hope that there will be more info about ezio's after revelations Life..
SORRY FOR LONG POST xD
I needed to express my feelings about the new ACIII so tell me guys if any of you feel the same thing :P Maybe im just weird :P

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
We work in the dark to serve the Light, We are Assassins

Acrimonious_Nin
02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Well.. Uisoft announced the release date and that the game is taking place at the American Revolution (18th Century)
-First of all.. When i started assassins creed we were at 12th century using swords and other blades.. when AC 2 released i was having some trouble to the Altair to Ezio change but after a while i figured out that ezio was a lot more enjoyable than Altair. So far the game story was absolutely amazing (totaly loved it) Ezio's story was awesome but now he will rest.. 18th century now.. ACIII I realy dont like the sound of it. I first thought *New character? aww thats bad :(* or *the 18th century date is too .. recent? lol * but anyway i feel that, that "Assassin" thingy that we are carying from AC 1 will be gone because of the guns and the more advanced technology.. i mean who needs blades when u have gun power lolz?
-Secondly How the f*ck is Desmond gonna be an Assassins while other templars have some gun power? duh? -.-
Well another problem(for me at least) is that we will never know the story of Ezio's mother, sister or the other assassins we've met in AC2 and 3.. What will hapen to them? What will happen to the masyaf library? what will happen to the Apple of Eden for **** sake ... I hope that there will be more info about ezio's after revelations Life..
SORRY FOR LONG POST xD
I needed to express my feelings about the new ACIII so tell me guys if any of you feel the same thing :P Maybe im just weird :P

1.) how do you know where it is going to take place
2.) ezio's mom dies of an ongoing illness she had for years and dies around 1503
3.) ezio's sister is leader of the italian assassins while ezio is in istanbul...
4.) yes you are weird, ubisoft has it under control
5.) try going around the threads there is more info to answer all your Q's

6.) you must go alone... >_>

ElDoucherino
02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
SORRY FOR LONG POST xD

First of all, as mentioned by Acrimonious_Nin, the setting has not yet been revealed. Secondly, why do you find the story surrounding Ezio's mother and sister so intruguing? I for one was glad of the lack of it as they were truly dull compared to Ezio :). And I am not an expert on the American Revolution but i highly doubt that gun were that effective at that time. And seeing as the main goal of an assassins approach is to be stealthy I highly doubt that the ancestor of that time ran around with guns and shot everyone at sight :). And those other concerns of yours, like what happened to the Masayaf library and the Apple of Eden, has already to some extent been revealed (spoiler: Templars took the apple from Ghandi which then was destroyed at Denver if I am not totally mistaken). It Is time to let Ezio rest in peace and I for one cannot wait for the third installment :).

Gil_217
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
1.) how do you know where it is going to take place
2.) ezio's mom dies of an ongoing illness she had for years and dies around 1503
3.) ezio's sister is leader of the italian assassins while ezio is in istanbul...
4.) yes you are weird, ubisoft has it under control
5.) try going around the threads there is more info to answer all your Q's

6.) you must go alone... >_>

Actually, she died in 1504 at the age of 72.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Actually, she died in 1504 at the age of 72.
OMFG gil !! you wanna start with me again ?!?! like really!!! >_> ....`anyways`.... thanks, I overlooked that by a year lol <-------- lololololollolololo ;D :D XD <3

Gil_217
02-23-2012, 11:41 PM
OMFG gil !! you wanna start with me again ?!?! like really!!! >_> ....`anyways`.... thanks, I overlooked that by a year lol <-------- lololololollolololo ;D :D XD <3

What's the matter man, am I prohibited to reply to your posts now?
Just chill out, I was just correcting yourself.

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
What's the matter man, am I prohibited to reply to your posts now?
Just chill out, I was just correcting yourself.

Don't you think it's kind of strange use know exactly when ezio's mum died ahah, like is that even relevant to anything?

Gil_217
02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't you think it's kind of strange use know exactly when ezio's mum died ahah, like is that even relevant to anything?

It was just a little correction, it's not my fault I have such a good memory.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Stop picking on Gil_217...
So what he made a well placed correction ? lay off guys

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
woaaaahhhhh ease up man, didn't mean to insult your boyfriend

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Ahhh a comedian..

LightRey
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Oh wow. That's so clever. You must be a genius or something.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I know right ?
I have to ask, and I want the truth "did you come up with it by yourself ?" or did you just hear it and thought it was cool ?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM

..... at what part of that was i trying to be a genious? dude all you do is try to be right in everything.. you are actually the biggest tool

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
..... at what part of that was i trying to be a genious? dude all you do is try to be right in everything.. you are actually the biggest tool
"genious" ? nice
Hey, Rey try saying it like that; it`ll make you laugh a lot xD
You obviously dont know sarcasm.. Oh wait lemme define it for you "Sarcasm is the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it"
Still think you`re funny ?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 02:33 PM

It was a comment on the "originality" of your remark. If you're going to try to insult someone at least do a little better than calling them gay and in such a typical way no less.

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
"genious" ? nice
Hey, Rey try saying it like that it`ll make you laugh a lot xD
You obviously dont know sarcasm.. Oh wait lemme define it for you "Sarcasm is the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it"
Still think you`re funny ?

man your cool, wish i could be like you and correct other peoples grammar...
no no, i know what i means, nah man, can't be as funny as you, you corrected my grammar, your the best!... tool

LightRey
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
man your cool, wish i could be like you and correct other peoples grammar...
no no, i know what i means, nah man, can't be as funny as you, you corrected my grammar, your the best!... tool

This coming from a guy who has made more posts spamming and insulting than actually contributing to discussions.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 02:41 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ce9/1b0/45b/resized/cynical-coworker-meme-generator-let-s-assume-you-re-not-an-idiot-try-again-af04e5.jpg

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
This coming from a guy who has made more posts spamming and insulting than actually contributing to discussions.

are you kidding me? all you do is argue with people on these forums, you always try to make sure your right.. dude i come on here to see dlc news, whenever i come on, dw lightrey is onto every post trying to prove that he is right, you are a tool...

LightRey
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
are you kidding me? all you do is argue with people on these forums, you always try to make sure your right.. dude i come on here to see dlc news, whenever i come on, dw lightrey is onto every post trying to prove that he is right, you are a tool...

Thank you for proving my point.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
http://troll.me/images/courage-wolf/hay-idiot-shut-up-before-i-kill-you.jpg

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

... not at all.. you started this by putting your two cents in and making a sarcastic comment, what do you expect me to say... your an idiot.. complete idiot

your not helping by contributing to the discussion, no one asked for your opinion, you ******

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
... not at all.. you started this by putting your two cents in and making a sarcastic comment, what do you expect me to say... your an idiot.. complete idiot

your not helping by contributing to the discussion, no one asked for your opinion, you ******
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kC5MT2r5U8s/SzzMWsmer_I/AAAAAAAANM8/ZmKaKcWpaK4/s320/MrT_Shut+Up+Fool+large.jpg

LightRey
02-24-2012, 02:55 PM

Ah, right. The little kid's mentality. "He started it!". I would again point out that, though I am not contributing to the discussion, neither are you. That is how you are proving my point. Also, unlike me, you are swearing.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
This is just so funny xD
****** ? seriously ?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Ah, right. The little kid's mentality. "He started it!". I would again point out that, though I am not contributing to the discussion, neither are you. That is how you are proving my point. Also, unlike me, you are swearing.

there's nothing immature bout that, how can you possibly say i'm the bad guy when you put your two cents in first?!? your such a hypocrite man, your comment sparked this situation and i retaliated... i don't know how you still think you right? your sitting here saying all you do is argue, when your doing the exact same and you just admitted it?!??! you tool! all my posts besides these last few are contributing the the convo, the only problems i've had is 2 times now when you had made comments, this time round and one another thread....

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Why do you persist?!?

You say lightrey started it, what did he do!?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
there's nothing immature bout that, how can you possibly say i'm the bad guy when you put your two cents in first?!? your such a hypocrite man, your comment sparked this situation and i retaliated... i don't know how you still think you right? your sitting here saying all you do is argue, when your doing the exact same and you just admitted it?!??! you tool! all my posts besides these last few are contributing the the convo, the only problems i've had is 2 times now when you had made comments, this time round and one another thread....

My comment spaked this situation? You called someone gay.

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
My comment spaked this situation? You called someone gay.

no one asked you to put your two cents in?!?!? this didn't involve you, idiot... seriously how is me calling someone gay your problem?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
no one asked you to put your two cents in?!?!? this didn't involve you, idiot... seriously how is me calling someone gay your problem?

Oh, I didn't realize you were having a private discussion with a friend of mine about his sexual preferences.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
hahahah XD

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, I didn't realize you were having a private discussion with a friend of mine about his sexual preferences.

either way, it still doesn't concern you!! man do you stick up for him for everything that has nothing to do with him? hell man why don't you wipe his *** while your at it

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM

Common decency? Sense of community? Helping other people out?
You know, the qualities that make us strong as a species?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
hahahah XD

haha, atleast someone found it funny :P

LightRey
either way, it still doesn't concern you!! man do you stick up for him for everything that has nothing to do with him? hell man why don't you wipe his *** while your at it

This is a forum. If you don't want people to get involved, use PM's.

stefman6987
Common decency? Sense of community? Helping other people out?
You know, the qualities that make us strong as a species?

that doesn't mean justify putting your nose in everything...

Assassin_M
http://pull.imgfave.netdna-cdn.com/image_cache/1323062570885261.png

zerocooll21
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
So anyone want get back on topic?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM

It doesn't need justifying. It's not against the rules to join in on discussions. In fact it is encouraged.

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
This is a forum. If you don't want people to get involved, use PM's.

man you are such a condescending *********, you troll these forums as if your king ****, just because it's a forum doesn't justify you being a tool

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:19 PM
It doesn't need justifying. It's not against the rules to join in on discussions. In fact it is encouraged.

ahah if it was a real life situation, someone would just tell you to stay out, just because it's on a forum doesn't make it right...

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:20 PM
ahah if it was a real life situation, someone would just tell you to stay out, just because it's on a forum doesn't make it right...

You're saying it's wrong for me to defend my friend who you are calling gay?

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM

Do you know what a forum means?

A public medium through which discussion can take place and ideas can be exchanged.

Public, that means anyone can get involved with anything they see, should they so wish.

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM

yes i am because in this situation it doesn't concern you... why should you have to fend for him when it doesn't concern you, you only made this worse you do realize,

aha this is so funny actually, man don't sook over your mate, i called him gay and your making a big deal, is he your best friend? some guy you met on a forum? and your all of a sudden best friends with him? it's a forum dude, you just wanted to look like the hero and put your two cents in...

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM

And if this was a real life situation, I might just break your jaw and leave you be.
But it's not, it's a means of open 'intellectual' discussion.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
yes i am because in this situation it doesn't concern you... why should you have to fend for him when it doesn't concern you, you only made this worse you do realize,

aha this is so funny actually, man don't sook over your mate, i called him gay and your making a big deal, is he your best friend? some guy you met on a forum? and your all of a sudden best friends with him? it's a forum dude, you just wanted to look like the hero and put your two cents in...
You`v erased all doubts of your stupidity

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Do you know what a forum means?

A public medium through which discussion can take place and ideas can be exchanged.

Public, that means anyone can get involved with anything they see, should they so wish.

you can argue that as much as you want, but at the end of the day if you were in argument and someone jumped in against you, you'd tell them to back off aha don't say you wouldn't...

zerocooll21
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/00 spiderman.jpg

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
You`v erased all doubts of your stupidity

you are to stupid to insult...

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:31 PM

when it doesn't concern you, yes it is wrong.. what does it have to do with you? why involve yourself in some one elses issue? considering IT IS OVER ME CALLING HIM GAY

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM

You really should stop insulting people. Aside from the fact that it's very much against the rules to do so, you're only showing how much of a hypocrite you are.

when it doesn't concern you, yes it is wrong.. what does it have to do with you? why involve yourself in some one elses issue? considering IT IS OVER ME CALLING HIM GAY

Ah, good. Then next time you insult a friend of mine. I'll ignore it. Because that is what a good friend does if I am to believe you.

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
you can argue that as much as you want, but at the end of the day if you were in argument and someone jumped in against you, you'd tell them to back off aha don't say you wouldn't...

I can't argue that all I want, because what I stated is more or less the definition of a forum.

This isn't the internets equivalent of a town centre.
It's the equivalent of a discussion hall, or the Roman forum.
If you don't want people ****ing in take it somewhere private.

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Your just making a mockery out of yourself.. dont you know when to quit ?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
You really should stop insulting people. Aside from the fact that it's very much against the rules to do so, you're only showing how much of a hypocrite you are.

Ah, good. Then next time you insult a friend of mine. I'll ignore it. Because that is what a good friend does if I am to believe you.

no, no, i'm not a hypocrite, i never said i wasn't trying to insult people or gave you crap about insulting people.. so you can forget about that !
dude, i called him gay and your making a big fuss about it, just admit it, your WRONG, because you interfered you made it worse...get over yourself you condescending, hypocrite, ******, gay, troll, dutch tool... you are also a crab...

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Your just making a mockery out of yourself.. dont you know when to quit ?

no see this is funny... the fact you guys are getting so amped up over me calling you gay, is just... classic ahaha

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
no, no, i'm not a hypocrite, i never said i wasn't trying to insult people or gave you crap about insulting people.. so you can forget about that !
dude, i called him gay and your making a big fuss about it, just admit it, your WRONG, because you interfered you made it worse...get over yourself you condescending, hypocrite, ******, gay, troll, dutch tool... you are also a crab...
and you`re an idiot

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM

I interfered to defend my friend and I am sure he appreciates it. In doing so I also seem to have provoked you into showing just how little respect you have for your fellow members and the rules, so I'd say this whole thing was quite a success, even though I must admit I broke the rules in doing so.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
well you see every time gil talks he starts problems u.u this is what i feared....btw i was joking with him, he missed the sarcasm and attacked me -__- and led to this. can we not have peace ? lol even though it was so worth it lmao XD

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I interfered to defend my friend and I am sure he appreciates it. In doing so I also seem to have provoked you into showing just how little respect you have for your fellow members and the rules, so I'd say this whole thing was quite a success, even though I must admit I broke the rules in doing so.

.... let me remind you that your defending a dued you met on the net and you probably barely know... hence giving you no reason to interfere AT ALL! "even though I must admit I broke the rules in doing so." - you are the biggest hypocrit, you were telling me to not break the rules but you just admitted you were... and your not a hypocrite?.... man, you are an idiot.. nothing you did was a success, you just proved yourself to be an even bigger tool..

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
So it's impossible to be friends with someone you've never met IRL?
interesting...

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 03:49 PM
.... let me remind you that your defending a dued you met on the net and you probably barely know... hence giving you no reason to interfere AT ALL! "even though I must admit I broke the rules in doing so." - you are the biggest hypocrit, you were telling me to not break the rules but you just admitted you were... and your not a hypocrite?.... man, you are an idiot.. nothing you did was a success, you just proved yourself to be an even bigger tool..
THATS IT !! No more cookies for you Mister..

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
well you see every time gil talks he starts problems u.u this is what i feared....btw i was joking with him, he missed the sarcasm and attacked me -__- and led to this. can we not have peace ? lol even though it was so worth it lmao XD

who lightrey or me..?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:51 PM
So it's impossible to be friends with someone you've never met IRL?
interesting...

not impossible, just strange to be doing duties a friend would be doing, knowing each other over the net isn't... legit lol

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
who lightrey or me..?
now now Dont talk to strangers you meet on the internet..

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 03:53 PM
now now Dont talk to strangers you meet on the internet..

me talking to someone isn't the same as me acting like i'm the guys best mate...

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM

I know him well enough to have the kind of respect for him to defend him on these forums. Theoretically he could be "hiding" his true personality, yes, but such is the case with anyone you meet anywhere, not just on the internet. One could argue endlessly about how internet relationships are not "real", but that would also apply to any other kind of social interaction, including this one. If I cannot call him a friend, then you cannot call him an "enemy" (or whatever antagonous description would fit the bill).

In the end the situation here is rather simple. He has defended me in the past, so it is only natural that I return the favor.

I would also point out that I never stated I wasn't a hypocrite. I think at this point it's safe to say that at the very least to an extent I most certainly am. However, that does not mean you are not one and again I'm not the one calling people names.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
who lightrey or me..?
lol neither, this is gil's fault lol with his one year correction lmao

LightRey
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM

No, it isn't. All he did was correct someone, which was on topic and a ways to avoid confusion on the matter. We are all completely responsible for this entire "discussion".

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Finally he shuts up !!!

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Finally he shuts up !!!
is it not comments like this that do not allow peace to continue? lol

Assassin_M
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
is it not comments like this that do not allow peace to continue? lol
Why are you interfering ? xD

LightRey
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Finally he shuts up !!!

Then let us rejoice and get back on topic.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Why are you interfering ? xD
why are you trying to test me?

LightRey
02-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Rumor has it that there's a phrygian cap on the one dollar bill. I can't find it.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Rumor has it that there's a phrygian cap on the one dollar bill. I can't find it.
lol LIES i remember there was a post about this else where your wrong ! but for good reasons clearly ;) the cap and eye only meet in one place....

btw it is an owl that is on the dollar...really small you need good near vision or a microscope or google to see it and the eye...

LightRey
02-24-2012, 04:23 PM
lol LIES i remember there was a post about this else where your wrong ! but for good reasons clearly ;) the cap and eye only meet in one place....

btw it is an owl that is on the dollar...really small you need good near vision or a microscope or google to see it and the eye...

lolwut?

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 05:04 PM
No, it isn't. All he did was correct someone, which was on topic and a ways to avoid confusion on the matter. We are all completely responsible for this entire "discussion".

sorry sorry... internet cut out, yep, we were all really confused by the fact that ezio's mum died in that year...

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM

oh aha, yeh.. that guy...aha :P

LightRey
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
sorry sorry... internet cut out, yep, we were all really confused by the fact that ezio's mum died in that year...

I said to avoid confusion (i.e. to prevent it).

stefman6987
02-24-2012, 05:10 PM
I said to avoid confusion (i.e. to prevent it).

and why would there be confusion over that...

LightRey
02-24-2012, 05:14 PM
and why would there be confusion over that...

Because it is incorrect information.

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 05:53 PM

No there is,
Looking at one right now, and there it is clear as the day.

LightRey
02-24-2012, 05:58 PM
No there is,
Looking at one right now, and there it is clear as the day.

Where?

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
On the back, the cap of the pyramid:
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Britsky93/94af87cc.jpg

That's the one shaun mentions atleast.
I think..

LightRey
02-24-2012, 06:11 PM
On the back, the cap of the pyramid:
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Britsky93/94af87cc.jpg

That's the one shaun mentions atleast.
I think..

You mean the triangle above the eye? That's not a phrygian cap at all.

This is a phrygian cap:
http://www.thelibertypole.org/images/Phrygrian.jpg

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
I know, but that's the one Shaun noticed.

LightRey
02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
I know, but that's the one Shaun noticed.

No, that's the masonic eye. The phrygian cap was the symbol on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc67qdROmbA
look at around 7:00.

itsamea-mario
02-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Ok.
Well as far as I can tell there isn't one on the dollar bill.
But they are on slot of other US images.
I think there was a dollar coin, and a half dollar that have them or something.
And a few emblems.

LightRey
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok.
Well as far as I can tell there isn't one on the dollar bill.
But they are on slot of other US images.
I think there was a dollar coin, and a half dollar that have them or something.
And a few emblems.

There's a half dollar with the phrygian cap, yes, but there's no masonic eye on that one. It doesn't really bring them together. At least Not as much as the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-24-2012, 06:49 PM
You mean the triangle above the eye? That's not a phrygian cap at all.

This is a phrygian cap:
http://www.thelibertypole.org/images/Phrygrian.jpg
lol link...btw does anyone know where the Templar satellite launch will take place?

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:00 AM
December 21st 2012

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:18 AM
December 21st 2012

ok let me emphasize ....WHERE will the launch take place I highly doubt that december is a location but thanks for trying :D

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't be an ***.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Don't be an ***.

what i wasn't, stop being so soft. Clearly you misread ??? is there a problem ? read next time

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Oi vey.

Try reading what you read before you post it. If you don't detect any sense of rudeness, then you seriously need to re-evaluate what you see as rude.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:39 AM
ok buddy, next time i'll tell you how much i love you and hope for the best of wishes for you while you try to learn to read ;) kay pumpkin :D

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Oi vey.

Try reading what you read before you post it. If you don't detect any sense of rudeness, then you seriously need to re-evaluate what you see as rude.

You're alive! D:

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:42 AM
You're sad that I'm alive?

I leave forums when I tire of the subject matter.
I was very into Arkham City for a while, now it's toning down as I get ready for Guild Wars 2 and Mass Effect 3.

I came back because my interest in AC was re-sparked after I saw AC3 news. I still have to get ACR though, as I had to either choose between Arkham City and ACR, and Arkham City was $10 cheaper and got better reviews.

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:48 AM

I was very into Arkham City for a while, now it's toning down as I get ready for Guild Wars 2 and Mass Effect 3.

I came back because my interest in AC was re-sparked after I saw AC3 news. I still have to get ACR though, as I had to either choose between Arkham City and ACR, and Arkham City was $10 cheaper and got better reviews.

Not so much sad as surprised. Took ya long enough, buddy. ;)

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Well, your emoticon was a frowny face: 'D:'

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Well, your emoticon was a frowny face: 'D:'

Nah, '>=(' is a frowny face. 'D:' is a zomgwtfbbq face.

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Lol, I use :O for that expression.

Anyway, I probably won't be on often, but I am pretty excited for AC3 if it actually has been in development since AC2 (but this is hardly surprising, I advocated this theory a while back).

kriegerdesgottes
02-25-2012, 01:53 AM

Welcome back Jexx it's been a while. I'm sad to say that you made the right choice in choosing Batman as it is in my humble opinion a vastly superior game to ACR but maybe ACIII will bring the franchise back! I have hope :)

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Lol, I use :O for that expression.

Anyway, I probably won't be on often, but I am pretty excited for AC3 if it actually has been in development since AC2 (but this is hardly surprising, I advocated this theory a while back).

meh ':O' is too mainstream.

It is also my firm belief that AC3 will knock our socks off.

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm still excited to get ACR though, as the quests still sound interesting and the map of Constantinople sounds amazing.

I'm just not expecting that much content. But if it's anything like ACB it'll probably last me a good darn while, because most of my time in ACB was just spent running around.

I also picked up Prototype, and it's pretty awesome too in providing a huge environment to run around in.

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm still excited to get ACR though, as the quests still sound interesting and the map of Constantinople sounds amazing.

I'm just not expecting that much content. But if it's anything like ACB it'll probably last me a good darn while, because most of my time in ACB was just spent running around.

I also picked up Prototype, and it's pretty awesome too in providing a huge environment to run around in.

You'll have to judge yourself. Some people find it to be very much like ACB, while others are suddenly treating it like ACB was treated before and are suddenly treating ACB in comparison to ACR like ACII was treated in comparison to ACB.

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Ah, I'll take it that I'll find it like ACB then. (Which to me was the best game in the series, if a little short)

LightRey
02-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Ah, I'll take it that I'll find it like ACB then. (Which to me was the best game in the series, if a little short)

I hope so. xD
It's a great game imo and the hookblade is awesome.

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Yea, can't wait.

Exploration is important to me in games. It's why I'm attracted to Guild Wars 2 partially, I mean, look at this town hub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHY1XGxgd8