PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Industries

CkSwtos
02-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I recently went into a site (http://abstergo.org/) and it was pretty strange. I mean, it's not the abstergo site that hasn't been update since it was uploaded in the net. It's something different. I dont know if it is official nd that is what I ask. Also I saw one article that drew my attention regarding the project with the codename AC3. The link to the article is here (http://abstergo.org/2012/02/10/196/) and a (not sure if spoiler) pic is here (http://abstergodotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ac3.jpg). It is strange that they refer to the time period of the multipleyr ansestors. Usually the characters from multiplayer are from the same time period of the single player and not it says that the ansestors of the multiplayer should be from the American revolution period. If it is official, then I think we got our answer to the question "when" the next game will take place.

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
It sounds a little suspicious to me that Abstergo would name a project AC3. I don't think this is legit.

CkSwtos
02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
It sounds a little suspicious to me that Abstergo would name a project AC3. I don't think this is legit.
Yeah, and if you search a bit more, you will see about ACR and other things like that that changed my mind on how valid this site is..

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, and if you search a bit more, you will see about ACR and other things like that that changed my mind on how valid this site is..

Might be something that should be taken down. It's all copyrighted after all.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Well. That busts that rumor, also it can be AC3 because of the Animus Console 3.0?

I just applied for a job. I'm going to infiltrate their ranks and try to see what I can find out about their operations.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Come on! Seriously that copyright BS is quite annoying and idiotic. Even if it is fake, it shouldn't be taken down. Just because it has the name Abstergo on it? It's not like if they are making profits or doing anything against Ubisoft.

"Copyrights" are abused and shouldn't exist imo.

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Come on! Seriously that copyright BS is quite annoying and idiotic. Even if it is fake, it shouldn't be taken down. Just because it has the name Abstergo on it? It's not like if they are making profits or doing anything against Ubisoft.

"Copyrights" are abused and shouldn't exist imo.

I agree, but this borders slander.

CkSwtos
02-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Well. That busts that rumor, also it can be AC3 because of the Animus Console 3.0?

I just applied for a job. I'm going to infiltrate their ranks and try to see what I can find out about their operations.
Haha nice job assassin, as soon as you got intel let us know! About the animus, if you see it says that they designed Animus 2.0, something that Rebecca did. That's a serius point that tells me it's not official.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
I agree, but this borders slander.

Even if it does, it's doing much less than Kotaku, IGN, and all the others are doing. They just made a site which does nothing directly or indirectly.
What actual wrong is it doing? You don't agree with something it hardly even implies so the site should be shut down? It's even being beneficial, with it linking to Ubiworkshop they get more visitors, sure maybe not much, but it's something, which is irrelevant in the first place.

lukaszep
02-19-2012, 12:28 AM
The site is very fan made.
I'm not sure if copyright would apply, seeing as they aren't profiting from the source material.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Even if it does, it's doing much less than Kotaku, IGN, and all the others are doing. They just made a site which does nothing directly or indirectly.
What actual wrong is it doing? You don't agree with something it hardly even implies so the site should be shut down? It's even being beneficial, with it linking to Ubiworkshop they get more visitors, sure maybe not much, but it's something, which is irrelevant in the first place.

I guess that's true. I just don't like rumors.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I guess that's true. I just don't like rumors.

Might as well ban us all then for making up rumors about it, did you miss the threads in the last few days?

Copyright is just a way to try to regulate and control life. :mad:

Wolfus92
02-19-2012, 01:51 AM

Why? Its free advertisement. By the way, have you seen the lastest entry? They quote you :D

LightRey
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Why? Its free advertisement. By the way, have you seen the lastest entry? They quote you :D

xD
I'm being watched...

Might as well ban us all then for making up rumors about it, did you miss the threads in the last few days?

Copyright is just a way to try to regulate and control life. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/mad.png

You're letting your emotions get in the way a little there man. I'm just saying that the confusion that can (and most often does) arise from spreading rumors is very annoying. They keep clogging up the forums too. They're almost as annoying as the hundreds of practically identical hate threads people keep reposting.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
xD
I'm being watched...

You're letting your emotions get in the way a little there man. I'm just saying that the confusion that can (and most often does) arise from spreading rumors is very annoying. They keep clogging up the forums too. They're almost as annoying as the hundreds of practically identical hate threads people keep reposting.

That's the problem with power. You don't have the right to control or eliminate things that you don't like just because you can. Copyright allows that power to be used.

You would make a bad leader, no offense.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
That's the problem with power. You don't have the right to control or eliminate things that you don't like just because you can. Copyright allows that power to be used.

You would make a bad leader, no offense.

Look, I'm not in favor of copyright, but you're overreacting here. This isn't a political discussion. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of your or my opinion on copyright, infringing it is against the law. Additionally, as we can see by this thread, websites like these can cause confusion. This one right here can give people false hope or false information.

CkSwtos
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
"I feel eyes on us.." "They could be here right now and we might not even know"
**** there are spies among us!!

LightRey
02-19-2012, 02:28 PM
"I feel eyes on us.." "They could be here right now and we might not even know"
**** there are spies among us!!

xD
Quite ironic when you think about it.

CkSwtos
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
xD
Quite ironic when you think about it.
Isn't it? :P The templars are everywhere xP

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Look, I'm not in favor of copyright, but you're overreacting here. This isn't a political discussion. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of your or my opinion on copyright, infringing it is against the law. Additionally, as we can see by this thread, websites like these can cause confusion. This one right here can give people false hope or false information.

I really don't think I am.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I really don't think I am.

I know you don't.

rileypoole1234
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Now you're quoted on the front page for that mate.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM

I know. xD

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Yeah, that's what we said in the previus page. They are among us. They will find us.

LightRey
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Well obviously the creator is a member.

Wolfus92
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Well obviously the creator is a member.

Maybe he is here right now..... :O

LightRey
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Now who would that be?

The13Doctors
02-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Only two posts..
Both referring strictly to this thread and the site.

H'm...

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Who ever it is, I still feel eyes on us!! xP

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Only two posts..

H'm...
Even is i is him, someone from here told him about the article O.o

Wolfus92
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Only two posts..

H'm...

Hm, I thought I've written some more posts in the german forum. Mysterious ...

CkSwtos
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM

Or not O.o

LightRey
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM

If you had it would've shown up in your post count now wouldn't it?

reini03
02-20-2012, 11:13 PM
If you had it would've shown up in your post count now wouldn't it?

Nope. Different language = different forum here as far as I know, so your posts on the german forum won't be counted on any other forum :p

LightRey
02-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Nope. Different language = different forum here as far as I know, so your posts on the german forum won't be counted on any other forum :p

ssly? They're the same profiles though.

Shadow-442012
07-11-2014, 12:12 PM
I was recently just scrolling around on their site when I found a connection to this article. It seems that they have really improved in these two years. The posts are more entertaining and accurate as well as many tags to Ubisoft and the workshop. It seems many people are role-playing a bit there as well. To be honest I have been visiting it quite regularly and it's fun and not bad at all. :)

I recently went into a site (http://abstergo.org/) and it was pretty strange. I mean, it's not the abstergo site that hasn't been update since it was uploaded in the net. It's something different. I dont know if it is official nd that is what I ask. Also I saw one article that drew my attention regarding the project with the codename AC3. The link to the article is here (http://abstergo.org/2012/02/10/196/) and a (not sure if spoiler) pic is here (http://abstergodotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ac3.jpg). It is strange that they refer to the time period of the multipleyr ansestors. Usually the characters from multiplayer are from the same time period of the single player and not it says that the ansestors of the multiplayer should be from the American revolution period. If it is official, then I think we got our answer to the question "when" the next game will take place.

Lol that "watching us" part XD Fitted perfectly. I actually think the person that did that post on the site just stumbled upon this maybe through a Google search or something.

-- Shadow