PDA

View Full Version : Need good analyst for ac3 location inference

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
OMG i can smell the trolls...

http://b.images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/14700169.jpg

ok with all these people ESPECIALLY a dedicated few(TWO ppl to be exacte) that understand so much about the giving and current assassins creed story plot and universe with the locations that ubisoft has overtly stated as possible location where do you recon the next assassins will be in... you will here no arguments from me i just want your supreme knowledge of things to come...thank you

btw here he is ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JL2oPmfuLEY

lukaszep
02-17-2012, 07:44 PM
This is the most confusing thread i've ever read...Are you asking for opinions on the location and time period for AC3? Or..something else?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 07:49 PM
This is the most confusing thread i've ever read...Are you asking for opinions on the location and time period for AC3? Or..something else?

YES location and time period...from people that know what their talking about ...i knew ppl like you would come...

rileypoole1234
02-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Well if you're asking where AC3 will be, I think everybody here mostly agrees on the French Revolution or American Revolution.

The13Doctors
02-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Well if you're asking where AC3 will be, I think everybody here mostly agrees on the French Revolution or American Revolution.

Pretty much this, while I'm a big America Shipper I now believe it will be in French Revolution, makes for sense really. Also Eiffel Tower!

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 07:57 PM

hmm i just read a post where most ppl actually hate the american revolution...i am most interested in the question that clearly was not clear....what hints in the game other than the end of AC:R and what shaun said in AC:B (which i think is a dead give away to his curiosity and where he might suggest to desmond to go to...). is their any other for certain piece of overlooked info that states otherwise?

lukaszep
02-17-2012, 08:04 PM
It's highly likely it will take place during some kind of revolution, or time of change or power struggle. So the American or French revolutions seem like the best bet, seeing as the only other significant historical revolution (aside from the Thirty Years war which took place largely in Germany) was the Russian revolution, which has already been pretty much covered in the comic book series.

The French revolution is an extremely popular one, but mainly because of the various leaks (which turned out to be fake) and rumors that have been going around for years. However i believe it more like to be the American revolution. Mostly because the whole series has been converging to the finale of the present day story, involving Desmond. Seeing as he is American, it would make sense for him to track his more recent ancestry (some people speculate to find Eve). I don't believe in, or have much of an opinion on rumors or speculation, but it makes more sense (in my mind for it to be the American Revolution as opposed to the French). Also, there have been rumors the last year or so, mostly sources "close to the game" having seen it and confirming the American Revolution (although reports like these are usually false), however there have been reports of sources actually seeing levels from the game, including spying on Red coats for George Washington, and story involving the Culper spy ring.

playassassins1
02-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, the construction of the Eiffel Tower began in 1887. So if ACIII will be during the French Revolution, The Eiffel Tower won't be in the game.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 08:29 PM
It's highly likely it will take place during some kind of revolution, or time of change or power struggle. So the American or French revolutions seem like the best bet, seeing as the only other significant historical revolution (aside from the Thirty Years war which took place largely in Germany) was the Russian revolution, which has already been pretty much covered in the comic book series.

The French revolution is an extremely popular one, but mainly because of the various leaks (which turned out to be fake) and rumors that have been going around for years. However i believe it more like to be the American revolution. Mostly because the whole series has been converging to the finale of the present day story, involving Desmond. Seeing as he is American, it would make sense for him to track his more recent ancestry (some people speculate to find Eve). I don't believe in, or have much of an opinion on rumors or speculation, but it makes more sense (in my mind for it to be the American Revolution as opposed to the French). Also, there have been rumors the last year or so, mostly sources "close to the game" having seen it and confirming the American Revolution (although reports like these are usually false), however there have been reports of sources actually seeing levels from the game, including spying on Red coats for George Washington, and story involving the Culper spy ring.

i see..you have a point :D thanks

@playassassins1 wtf? lol so is that why you think its gonna be in france?

hmm so everyone on here has only 3 major location in mind france, america, russia...with the exception of egypt in a few around here... so im guessing china..and the other possibilities are just to throw off the gamers...

lukaszep
02-17-2012, 08:40 PM
No problem :) Sorry to rabble on, but i just wanted to add something.
I'm not sure why so many people are opposed to the American Revolution. I've heard members saying because all games are set in America? While i guess in some cases that is true, but during the time period of the revolution, America was incredibly different. The cities could look amazing (the mass immigration to the country and across the country created some very interesting environments).
The American Civil war would also be a good option (perhaps even better than the American Revolution). Not only is there a huge mix of nationalities, but the reasoning for the war mirrors the story of TWCB perfectly, and compliments the modern day story between the Assassin's and Templars.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 08:57 PM
not to mention that , to my knowledge , there was quite a thrilling tale that i have read in a book by ex C.I.A that explains that in the american revolution time frame there was a lot of spying going on..what i mean is a lot of shady things happening behind the curtain(sorry for not elaborating its been awhile since i read the book)..thinking about it now american revolution does sound quite appealing when you get deep into the,what really went on that brought upon this modern super power...

LightRey
02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
OMG. It's Schrödinger's cat!

kalo.yanis
02-17-2012, 09:17 PM
OMG. It's Schrödinger's cat!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/157/298/5imp.jpg

LightRey
02-17-2012, 09:22 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/157/298/5imp.jpg

Buzzinga!

playassassins1
02-17-2012, 09:56 PM
i see..you have a point :D thanks

@playassassins1 wtf? lol so is that why you think its gonna be in france?

hmm so everyone on here has only 3 major location in mind france, america, russia...with the exception of egypt in a few around here... so im guessing china..and the other possibilities are just to throw off the gamers...

No, it was a reply to The13Doctors. Because he mentioned the eiffel tower.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 10:04 PM
oh my bad sorry about that..so i guess by de facto reasoning that the more logical major location is american revolution on the account of there being so much more happening politically, socially, ect.

BerryGT5
02-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Amer Rev would be cool cause you could have Boston, Philly, and NYC as cities, however because the cities were so young, historically, they might not be as interesting as previous cities in the game. Certainly not as cool as the Renaissance cities. A plus however would be characters such as Washington, Franklin, and Jefferson.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 09:40 AM
No problem :) Sorry to rabble on, but i just wanted to add something.
I'm not sure why so many people are opposed to the American Revolution. I've heard members saying because all games are set in America? While i guess in some cases that is true, but during the time period of the revolution, America was incredibly different. The cities could look amazing (the mass immigration to the country and across the country created some very interesting environments).
The American Civil war would also be a good option (perhaps even better than the American Revolution). Not only is there a huge mix of nationalities, but the reasoning for the war mirrors the story of TWCB perfectly, and compliments the modern day story between the Assassin's and Templars.

Who's against it? I haven't seen a person be against it, I made a big thread proving several point why it would be in America, in he end the facts were shown to be otherwise, the likelihood is towards the French Revolution.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
oh my bad sorry about that..so i guess by de facto reasoning that the more logical major location is american revolution on the account of there being so much more happening politically, socially, ect.

There are plenty of places all over the world with things happening, London has much more over the years. The American Revolution is a big likelihood but not for those reasons. The most likely is France, as much as I would want to see America, it is probably going to have to be left for next time.

ElDoucherino
02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Who's against it? I haven't seen a person be against it, I made a big thread proving several point why it would be in America, in he end the facts were shown to be otherwise, the likelihood is towards the French Revolution.

I've seen plenty of authors bashing on the American Revolution or the setting being in American, but i feel the reason for it is that they are fed up with all military games (cough* COD, Battlefield) with clear focus on americans and American greatness. I for one has never played a game with the American Revolution as setting and quiet frankly I am starting to embrace it as the setting for the final chapter in Desmonds story. There are a lot of interesting persons and hush hush cults that would be optimal for an Assassination game. But don't get me wrong, French Revolution would be equally epic or the Russian Revolution but as stated in a previous post i believe this setting is of the table seeing as the comic adresses this historical time period. But we will know at the end of Mars when the first life signs appears, hopefully like they did last year cuz i was litterally glued to the facebook page when those weird images started to appear :)

lukaszep
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM

A lot of members on these forums are against the American Revolution, for valid reasons, and some just because they really want the French Revolution.

p.s. Try not to double post.

stefman6987
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
just waiting for glhs to post on here now... ahaha

i want the french revolution, mainly because so many people got killed, it would be so much better then the american revolution, but who knows... they can and will do anything aha

brick177
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
The game is supposed to be "the biggest in the series". AC2 spanned 25 years (1476 - 1499), two major cities (Florence and Venice) and 3 minor cities (Forli, San Gimignano, and Monteriggioni).

Let's say AC3 spans a similar time period (1776-1799). This encapsulates both the American (1776-1783) and French (1789-1799) Revolutions. Many similar characters appeared in both. Thomas Paine, for instance (Author of Common Sense (1776) and Rights of Man (1791) was influential in inciting and supporting both revolutions. Ubisoft Montreal would be able to recreate Montreal during the Continental Army's invasion of Quebec. The notorious traitor, Benedict Arnold, garrisoned American troops in Montreal. The siege of Fort St. Jean, the Battle of Longue-Pointe, and the Battle of the Cedars (1775-1776) all occurred in the vicinity of Montreal. There was a small British presence that led a large number Iroquois against the Americans here. Battles of Concord, Lexington, and Bunker Hill kick started everything in Boston. The battle of New York was a spectacular defeat for George Washington. And then the Valley Forge outside of Philadelphia was the turning point in the war. Also, the Siege of Fort Stanwix in Rome, NY. Remember the infamous triangle of Rome, Florence, and Turin, New York with the coordinates of the grand temple in Turin, NY?

Then, after all that, we head across the Atlantic to Paris and Versailles, with the grand finale of the French Revolution!

25 years covering, Boston, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, Rome (New York), Paris and Versailles! Ambitious? Yes. Epic? Definitely!

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 05:17 PM
A lot of members on these forums are against the American Revolution, for valid reasons, and some just because they really want the French Revolution.

p.s. Try not to double post.

Yeah, people don't believe it will happen and people want other things to happen, doesn't mean they are against something.

Also, sometimes I mean to edit the second one to my other posts and I forget while writing and press submit.

LightRey
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, people don't believe it will happen and people want other things to happen, doesn't mean they are against something.

Also, sometimes I mean to edit the second one to my other posts and I forget while writing and press submit.

You can delete a post if that happens. I do it too sometimes.

lukaszep
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM

Okay i'm not really sure why this is turning into a point of debate, but all i was saying, is that there are members on this forum who have expressed opinions of disliking to the idea of the game being set in the American Revolution. You can't say that isn't true because i've seen the posts, and if you look in the right threads, you will see it too.

brick177
02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I haven't seen any real reason why the American Revolution wouldn't work, but I have certainly seen people express their opinion that they wouldn't like it. To be fair, I was extremely hesitant when it was announced that AC2 would be in Renaissance Italy, but they certainly made it work.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
So I take it that, with all that has actually been shown to us,American and french revolutions are more reasonable locations. From ezio in brotherhood (when ''capturing'', Bartalomeo ) when the guard says what part of France are you from and ezio responds, ''montreal !'' (which clearly is not in France but in the Americas[also could just be an easter egg]);even though it might be an easter egg the survey that was going around I noticed that 2 of choices were american soil(maybe a hint?).Regardless of ancestor we end up in america in this case, so what is the probability when a dice has 2 similar side right? ; to where shaun states his observation of the masonic eye and the phrygian cap.(which is located in France[The Rights of the French after the revolution]). I would have to agree with the idea that most likely we might see both revolutions. Plus ac2 story line lasted from 1476- 1499.

brick177
02-19-2012, 08:18 PM
According to Wikipedia's disambiguation there are 7 different communes in France that are either named or contain the name "Montreal," so not a great clue. However, it has been shown several times now that the Phrygian Cap and Eye of Providence show up together in many different places, not just on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, but also in Freemasonry (whose compass and square symbol are strikingly similar to the assassin's symbol), on colonial American currency, on the Colonial and State flags of New York, and in the US Capitol Building.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
According to Wikipedia's disambiguation there are 7 different communes in France that are either named or contain the name "Montreal," so not a great clue. However, it has been shown several times now that the Phrygian Cap and Eye of Providence show up together in many different places, not just on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, but also in Freemasonry (whose compass and square symbol are strikingly similar to the assassin's symbol), on colonial American currency, on the Colonial and State flags of New York, and in the US Capitol Building.

You don't happen to have the URL of the threads that proves that the Phrygian cap and masonic eye come together anywhere else? I can't find it lol. And too my knowledge freemasonry does not have a liberty cap, but a lot of coat of arms of many countries have the liberty cap but no masonic eye, and the dollar has the masonic eye but no cap, besides Google does me no good in understanding my search requests. I could never find where else they show up.