PDA

View Full Version : I do not understand

bharryb
02-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I made an account to ask this question because its bugging me.

The focus of assassins creed 1 seems to be abstergo trying to mind control everyone on the planet. The aim of the good guys to stop that from happening.

Number 2 etc seems to be all about this solar flare, with no explanation for the sudden jump.

I read somewhere that abstergo want to save the world by controlling the population with the pieces of eden, but how on earth does that save the planet?!

I dont get it.

LightRey
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
They want to save humanity from humanity. They don't seem to be (completely) aware of the threat of the solar flare.

twenty_glyphs
02-16-2012, 05:52 PM
It seems that the writers are setting up two converging plotlines. AC1 introduced us to the "bad guys" and their plan, while AC2 introduced us to the bigger threat. Both of those plotlines seem to be on a collision course for 12/21/2012. Abstergo and the Templars want to "save" the planet from itself, not the solar flare, by using mind control on the populace. They think they can create a perfect world, their New World Order, by controlling it for the benefit of humanity. Meanwhile, the ancient civilization who built the Pieces of Eden that the Templars want to obtain and exploit was wiped out by some sort of solar disaster that seems to repeat at predictable intervals. This solar disaster just happens to be coming on the same day Abstergo plans to launch the final piece of their mind control network into space. We don't know how much Abstergo knows about the solar disaster, but I would bet they know more than they have let on.

thekarlone
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
They still want to control us through the Abstergo Eye. The templars believe what they do is for the good of the humanity, but the Assassins disagree.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
*repeated facepalm*

I apologize ahead of time for this outburst, and I know this is gonna come off as so extremely rude and the dude's just trying to understand the story....but I have to be honest about this and get it off my chest. I am just getting soooo tired of people coming on here with questions that are spelled out right in the games. The don't look, they don't read or research, they just go "I don't get it. I'm gonna go ask a dumb question on the forums to bother people that know more about it than I do instead of researching it, or better yet, replaying the games." It's not that hard to understand, nor is it that hard to find answers online and through the wiki. Posting questions on the forums should be your absolute last resort when you have exhausted all other options and still can not find the answer. There. I feel better now, but am still annoyed. I am sorry, and this in no way judges the OP or their intelligence, nor is it directed just at them. This is my frustration at all people that do this. And some advice and a plead to please do your research and, if you can, replay the games again. 99.9999999% of the time, you will find your answer through simple research from another thread on the forum or, more likely through a quick read of the wiki. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Wiki)

What twenty_glyphs said is correct. There's 2 storylines, happening on the same day, of equal importance in stopping to save humanity. They just happen to be occurring on the same day. It's not a jump in the story, it's a convergence of the 2 plotlines.

LightRey
02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
*repeated facepalm*

I apologize ahead of time for this outburst, and I know this is gonna come off as so extremely rude and the dude's just trying to understand the story....but I have to be honest about this and get it off my chest. I am just getting soooo tired of people coming on here with questions that are spelled out right in the games. The don't look, they don't read or research, they just go "I don't get it. I'm gonna go ask a dumb question on the forums to bother people that know more about it than I do instead of researching it, or better yet, replaying the games." It's not that hard to understand, nor is it that hard to find answers online and through the wiki. Posting questions on the forums should be your absolute last resort when you have exhausted all other options and still can not find the answer. There. I feel better now, but am still annoyed. I am sorry, and this in no way judges the OP or their intelligence, nor is it directed just at them. This is my frustration at all people that do this. And some advice and a plead to please do your research and, if you can, replay the games again. 99.9999999% of the time, you will find your answer through simple research from another thread on the forum or, more likely through a quick read of the wiki. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Wiki)

What twenty_glyphs said is correct. There's 2 storylines, happening on the same day, of equal importance in stopping to save humanity. They just happen to be occurring on the same day. It's not a jump in the story, it's a convergence of the 2 plotlines.

Welcome to my world.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome to my world.

Lol I know....I've just kept quiet about it for so long, and I can't anymore. It's just like "gah there's a wiki and a search bar/engine for a reason!" I just thought I'd rant and maybe somebody would take the hint.

naran6142
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
*repeated facepalm*

the forum is for asking questions, and discussing... even if its a basic question

being a member that knows more then the new AC fans out there u should just answer the question or dont bother clicking on the thread

no need to get all ruffled up

LightRey
02-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Lol I know....I've just kept quiet about it for so long, and I can't anymore. It's just like "gah there's a wiki and a search bar/engine for a reason!" I just thought I'd rant and maybe somebody would take the hint.

Yes, that's it. Feel the hatred. Unleash your wrath on the unsuspe- ehm, I mean, we have cookies?:o

GLHS
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, that's it. Feel the hatred. Unleash your wrath on the unsuspe- ehm, I mean, we have cookies?:o

Lol ok Lord Vader. Calm down....I'm not completely on the dark side. I like to consider myself half and half. Jedi when I need to be, but brutally honest and a Sith if somethin hits me the wrong way.

LightRey
02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Lol ok Lord Vader. Calm down....I'm not completely on the dark side. I like to consider myself half and half. Jedi when I need to be, but brutally honest and a Sith if somethin hits me the wrong way.

:(
But we have cookies...

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 02:38 AM
do you have ....

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2vYOcDfYbynvcYRlVgK0P8zUVKr6O6 zj72hUTeYdpISQBp4t5

GLHS
02-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Well that's not him............so I'd guess no.

ChaosxNetwork
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Lucy says that the Templars are not the main problem/enemy. The solar flare is. But it will have to be the Assassin's saving the world from imminent destruction from a natural disaster. Though the Templars will be getting in the way an will prove to be anther threat after.

bharryb
02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies.

To the two arrogant *********s...sorry i wasted your precious nerd time.

Ive played the games loads, and like a hell of a lot of people I don't fully get the plot line. Especially the ending to revelations. As good as the plot is, sometimes it is executed quite lazily so please do forgive me. -_-

Sincere thanks for all the initial replies. I guess we will see how they converge then!

LightRey
02-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Ive played the games loads, and like a hell of a lot of people I don't fully get the plot line. Especially the ending to revelations. As good as the plot is, sometimes it is executed quite lazily so please do forgive me. -_-

Sincere thanks for all the initial replies. I guess we will see how they converge then!

Please don't swear. It's against the rules, even if it's censored.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 06:43 PM

http://images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=166088&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=bharryb&text1=y u haz no decency&text2=&text3=