PDA

View Full Version : AC3 comes out in October

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2012, 06:41 PM
http://kotaku.com/5885377/assassins-creed-3-launching-october-13
(http://kotaku.com/5885377/assassins-creed-3-launching-october-13)

October 30th apparently which is very unusual for an AC game since every single one has been released sometimes in November. Now I'm really curious as to how much time they've spent on this one.

luckyto
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/15/assassins-creed-3-confirmed-for-october-30th-release/

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has just confirmed that the next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, Assassin’s Creed 3, is due to arrive on October 30th 2012. He made the statement as part of Ubisoft’s Investor call, claiming that the game has been in development for 3 years now.

Three years.

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/15/assassins-creed-3-confirmed-for-october-30th-release/

Three years.

Huh. Nice find. thanks for the post.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Three years.

Thanks for posting that. Am still listening n to the call, but he definitely said it had been in development for 3 years. October 30th is a Tuesday, so expected worldwide release. Details to start coming around May.

luckyto
02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Very welcome. I poached it from you :P

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Very welcome. I poached it from you :P

I'm glad someone linked to mine :D

InfectedNation
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
As soon as I read the part about it being in the making for 3 years, my heart lit up :')

LightRey
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Glad it's finally confirmed.

LordWolv
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
But of course we can only call it ACIII..

LightRey
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM

We can also call it awesome.

misterB2001
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
It simply had to have a longer dev cycle than the last 2. Introducing a new protagonist and time period, as well as a hell of a lot of desmond centred stuff would have been impossible inside a year.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Yeah, Ubi PR made me change my original article header from AC3 to AC III, lol

InfectedNation
02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
This probably explains why Alex Amancio is not the creative director this time. Honestly I really enjoyed Revelations, but once I got Skyrim for Christmas I've dragged away from AC for 2 months already.

This news gets my hopes up again - Sounds like ACIII won't be an unfinished, alienated game unlike the last. (Which was still a good game though)

PluralAces
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Three years explains why ACB and ACR were not as good as AC1 and AC2.

Personally, I think ACB and ACR were just funding sources and a testing ground for AC3. I think they introduced multiplayer just to sell more units. I dont think they cared whether it worked or not, just as long as people bought the product. I think they used ACB and ACR to test out what works and what doesn't. If something worked, thats great, if not we wont patch it, we will maybe fix it for AC3. Let's hope with all the money they made off of us for ACB and ACR and with the "three years" they have been working on this that we have the best AC yet coming later this year.

misterB2001
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
As I've said before on here, it was either release smaller games to sate the appetite of gamers while waiting for ACIII or do nothing. in my opinion they did the right thing.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Smaller AC titles like BH and Rev are generally made to capitalize on existing technology and help sustain bigger projects like AC3. Three years is a LONG time to work without generating any revenue! And someone has to pay for the games at the end of the day, they are expensive to produce... it very rarely has anything to do with greed as many people like to think.

ElDoucherino
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Yey...and hopefully this will quiet all nej sayers...I knew from the very beginning that AC3 would be huge. Maybe mulitple countries as someone (don't recall who) mentioned in the forum. Spanning from USA to France, that would be epic :). Oh, i am as exilirated as a child on christmas :)!

eagleforlife1
02-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Gld to hear that we get it slightly earlier this year and even more glad to hear that it has been in development for three years now. I just wish we could have some info before May!

zStrictStyle
02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
YES!!!Three years!!!

luckyto
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Smaller AC titles like BH and Rev are generally made to capitalize on existing technology and help sustain bigger projects like AC3. Three years is a LONG time to work without generating any revenue! And someone has to pay for the games at the end of the day, they are expensive to produce... it very rarely has anything to do with greed as many people like to think.

I'd be happier if they did this with very large DLCs.

The news is promising - but I'm still going to wait and see.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I'd be happier if they did this with very large DLCs.

The news is promising - but I'm still going to wait and see.

I totally agree with you there. However, DLCs don't really sell as much as you may believe, and the revenue (or profit margin) from them is next to nothing.

luckyto
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I bow to your wisdom on such matters. I do not know. Certainly, the new map pack isn't generating huge dollars for them.

Maybe if they had just combined these two into one --- THAT would be a game.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, i've always maintained my stance on how i thought Brotherhood and Revelations should have been one game. I understand WHY they were split, and i understand why some fans weren't happy by that split.

souNdwAve89
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
I am glad to hear that AC3 has been in development for three years since the departure of some Ubisoft employees got some fans worried.

ShaneO7K
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I've always kept saying it would've been in development since after AC2, I simply would've been worried and shocked to know that such an important release in the franchise would be made in the space of a year.

Bring on Mr Assassin Number 3! :D

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
The thought that continues to cross my mind is an interview with Jean Francois back in June of 2010 where he is talking about how Assassin's Creed is taking a break for a while and there wouldn't be any more games until 2012 or 2013 and this was during E3 for Brotherhood so it sounded to me like he didn't have much of an idea of what was going to happen and he sure didn't know Revelations was going to exist just a year later and he was one of the producers for ACII and Brotherhood but it does sound like they've been working for a while on something and I have to say I'm pretty psyched about whatever it is. i agree with Esco about how Ubisoft should have probably handled the last two games but I really hope this one makes up for it, especially the last one.

ShaneO7K
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
The thought that continues to cross my mind is an interview with Jean Francois back in June of 2010 where he is talking about how Assassin's Creed is taking a break for a while and there wouldn't be any more games until 2012 or 2013 and this was during E3 for Brotherhood so it sounded to me like he didn't have much of an idea of what was going to happen and he sure didn't know Revelations was going to exist just a year later and he was one of the producers for ACII and Brotherhood but it does sound like they've been working for a while on something and I have to say I'm pretty psyched about whatever it is. i agree with Esco about how Ubisoft should have probably handled the last two games but I really hope this one makes up for it, especially the last one.

I doubt that anyone really knew at that point that ACR was coming because at the time it was only meant to be Lost Legacy for the DS.

SixKeys
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
If what they say about 3 years in development is true, then that gives me hope and I'll be very curious to see what AC3 has to offer. If ACB and ACR were indeed used more as testing grounds and money mills, that does leave a bit of a sour taste about the company's work ethics. ("Who cares about if it works, the sheep'll buy it anyway!") I would rather they take their time with each game to deliver a good product, that kind of an attitude is the best advertisement for a company.

Still, can't deny I'm excited about this. I just really hope the October release date won't mean a tough deadline for the developers (I know they said it's been 3 years, I'm just not entirely sure I believe them). As long as they make sure to deliver a good game without too many bugs on day 1, I'm happy. :)

LoveTwisted
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
The fact that is has been in development for three years already gets my hopes up that it'll be much better than BH/R

ChaosxNetwork
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Best thing about this? The fact people will stop referring to Brotherhood as 3 and Revelations as 4.
Knew it was going to happen but it is still a nice feeling. Always hoped that it was being made behind the scenes since the release of 2 but to have it confirmed (To what extent of work has been done) is also awesome

LightRey
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Best thing about this? The fact people will stop referring to Brotherhood as 3 and Revelations as 4.
New it was going to happen but it is still a nice feeling. Always hoped that it was being made behind the scenes since the release of 2 but to have it confirmed (To what extent of work has been done) is also awesome

so true.

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Let's not kid ourselves you know there will still be people coming in referring to it as AC5 even though it'll be clearly printed as ACIII lol and an equal amount of people who will say "wait I don't get it how is this 3?" which will be equally annoying for us AC freaks lol.

rileypoole1234
02-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Woohoo! I'm excited. AC3 has no doubt been being worked on since at least ACB. This is going to be awesome. Interesting that it's October though. Actually no that's a good thing, my Birthday's in October! Hurrah for AC3!!!

rileypoole1234
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Let's not kid ourselves you know there will still be coming in referring to it as AC5 even though it'll be clearly printed as ACIII lol and an equal amount of people who will say "wait I don't get it how is this 3?" which will be equally annoying for us AC freaks lol.

Agreed. I can sense the "But no this is AC5" in the air. It will no doubt be annoying, but us AC freaks will show them...

ChaosxNetwork
02-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Let's not kid ourselves you know there will still be coming in referring to it as AC5 even though it'll be clearly printed as ACIII lol and an equal amount of people who will say "wait I don't get it how is this 3?" which will be equally annoying for us AC freaks lol.
I will lose all respect for humanity on this day.

ShaneO7K
02-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Let's not kid ourselves you know there will still be people coming in referring to it as AC5 even though it'll be clearly printed as ACIII lol and an equal amount of people who will say "wait I don't get it how is this 3?" which will be equally annoying for us AC freaks lol.
And on that day each person who says this statement shall get the response of:

http://t.qkme.me/63kx.jpg

SlimeDynamiteD
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Wait, isn't this AC V?

evil9494
02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
"During a financial earnings call earlier today, Guillemot said Assassin's Creed III is the "true next generation" for the brand."

If true next generation means the gameplay from ACII ACB ACR is changed. I'm going to blow a assassin's party at home, and everyone is invited except the templars. 3 years is a long time, but i have lost the believe in UBISOFT these years with all the words and promises that they haven't complied. But once again i am an optimist for my favourite game, and can only say, BRING IT ON (for pc too at the same time as PS3 and XBOX360).

mustash
02-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Colour me completely psyched if they've been working on this title for 3 years. I know we all suspected as much but even so, I had a few niggling doubts but they can be put to rest. In the space of two years with AC2 they managed to make a lengthy story with 2 main cities and 3 smaller cities, rejuvanated the game mechanics, etc. So yes, with the amount of potential development time and seeing how much they get done in a year (even If I disagree with the length of the games and what have you), i'm excited. Perhaps the game will use both Revolutions, the American and French?

ChaosxNetwork
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Wait, isn't this AC V?
Oh bad slime! No! Bad!

SlimeDynamiteD
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh I'm sorry :(
I just, couldn't resist.

:o

LightRey
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh I'm sorry :(
I just, couldn't resist.

:o

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

ShaneO7K
02-15-2012, 10:40 PM
"During a financial earnings call earlier today, Guillemot said Assassin's Creed III is the "true next generation" for the brand."

If true next generation means the gameplay from ACII ACB ACR is changed. I'm going to blow a assassin's party at home, and everyone is invited except the templars. 3 years is a long time, but i have lost the believe in UBISOFT these years with all the words and promises that they haven't complied. But once again i am an optimist for my favourite game, and can only say, BRING IT ON (for pc too at the same time as PS3 and XBOX360).

So colourful.

SlimeDynamiteD
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
whatever do you mean​?

twenty_glyphs
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM

The fact that Jean-Francois Boivin didn't know about Revelations isn't surprising, since it seems that Revelations was being developed from the initial Lost Legacy concept about the time he made that comment. There probably would not have been any reason for him to know about it. As far as AC3 (I refuse to use Roman numerals -- there are many excellent reasons why they were abandoned by humanity) being in development for 3 years, I would imagine a lot of the initial time was mainly research, cataloguing of history, and analysis of what would make the best story and setting. I've seen an interview where Corey May said he spent 6-9 months just researching and outlining the history of the Renaissance as part of his work on AC2. I could imagine him or someone else starting that work around 3 years ago, while AC2 was in the midst of full blown production and Corey's main work on AC2 was winding down.

I'm encouraged by the many indications that AC3 will be a huge game. Sure, it could just be Ubisoft trying to get people hyped up, but even Aymar on Twitter said it was the biggest launch ever. He didn't hype up Revelations the same way when it was announced last year, so I'd like to believe they really do mean it's a huge game. Now I too am starting to wonder if it will involve both the American and French Revolution. I still think the American colonies are a bad fit for the series, but I could see them coming up with some stuff that would work. Especially if larger, older European cities can still be included.

Skuld_pt
02-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Wait, isn't this AC V?

Bad Russel...... :p

SlimeDynamiteD
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
I sad I was sorry! xD

king-gamer210
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
In the next coming game in October could you, Ubisoft please go back to the graphics you used in assassins creed 2 specifically for your clothes which got wet because when you came out of a river you could clearly see that your clothes were dripping wet which was very realistic and jaw dropping. The reason I say this is because I have noticed that graphics have gone for when you get wet for brotherhood and revelations which has been a big disappointment. I hope that I'm not the only one to have realized this.
If anyone else has noticed this as well Please say something to show that you agree with this statement.

lukaszep
02-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Three years.

When i read that..i almost cried with happiness. No joke.
Best news i've heard all year.

SlimeDynamiteD
02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes, because 'all year' is so long... barely 2 months xD

zStrictStyle
02-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Then if it was that way and they knew it was going to go that way,why did Patrice leave?!

Shomu07
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Sounds like this will be one of the Major Titles at E3 this year and possibly Signing off this Generation of Consoles. H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n 2-0-1-2.

edzilla_551
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
all i can say is that im excited as a horses ****, YES!!! but its also good news that it was in development for 3 years now which is even longer than 2s dev time

rileypoole1234
02-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Sounds like this will be one of the Major Titles at E3 this year and possibly Signing off this Generation of Consoles. H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n 2-0-1-2.

I sure hope not. I don't want to pay more money for a PS4 or an Xbox 720. I think they should wait at least another year before they release new consoles.

SixKeys
02-16-2012, 12:51 AM
In the next coming game in October could you, Ubisoft please go back to the graphics you used in assassins creed 2 specifically for your clothes which got wet because when you came out of a river you could clearly see that your clothes were dripping wet which was very realistic and jaw dropping. The reason I say this is because I have noticed that graphics have gone for when you get wet for brotherhood and revelations which has been a big disappointment. I hope that I'm not the only one to have realized this.
If anyone else has noticed this as well Please say something to show that you agree with this statement.

Err, no. They could maybe tweak the wet clothes animation/textures, but to go back to AC2 graphics after the huge improvement in ACR would be asinine. I've been playing AC2 recently and while I still love the story and whatnot, I've come to appreciate the major leaps in graphics the games have made since then. Sometimes the cut scenes are downright embarrassing to look at.

richterthiago
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
As I've said before on here, it was either release smaller games to sate the appetite of gamers while waiting for ACIII or do nothing. in my opinion they did the right thing.

100% agree with you. I'm perfectly fine with ACB and ACR (not so much with the latter, but still), and recognize and appreciate them for what they are: very cool filler games.

This is amazing news. 3 years should account for the best game yet. I guess we really will have to wait and see, but I get the feeling we won't be let down this time.

burtie80
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
this is awsome news!
I just cant wait until they tell us where this next game is going to be set and start showing us screen shots! On that day I will truly wet my pants with exitment!

BerryGT5
02-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Seems like if they would have been straight forward about what ACB and ACR were and maybe sell them for 10 bucks cheaper, they could have avoided all these bad reactions. It's all about expectations. I liked ACB and ACR. That said, absolutely can't wait for AC3. Should be excellent. I'm still nervous about where they go after Desmond but I'll save that worry for November 2012.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-16-2012, 01:44 AM
omg ahhhhhhhh EXCITED and in dispare ..... Q.Q i wanna cry this is horrible this game comes out about the same time when i ship off to another university located in hyperborea(UCF lol) i think i need to procrastinate my classes AND my graduation so i can get a copy when it comes out(i will be studying with no games for 2 years Q.Q) i think this is one of those rare moments where "taking a break" comes too play lol

Will_Lucky
02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
I sure hope not. I don't want to pay more money for a PS4 or an Xbox 720. I think they should wait at least another year before they release new consoles.

Wii U is out at the end of the year, and the 360 successor is looking like a 2013 launch. This generation has been overdue as it is, new consoles should have come out last year.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
02-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Yey...and hopefully this will quiet all nej sayers...I knew from the very beginning that AC3 would be huge. Maybe mulitple countries as someone (don't recall who) mentioned in the forum. Spanning from USA to France, that would be epic :). Oh, i am as exilirated as a child on christmas :)!

I believe that was me who said it ;) haha I had previously, around halfway through last year. I had originally said that judging from the time periods of the Revolutions, that it could be done. Starting with the American Revolution, then heading over to the French Revolution, then returning to the Americas for the Mexican Revolution. This can be supported with the ending of ACII. Hence the Ancient Mayan Temples, the American Revolution Symbols and the French Revolution Symbols. We also know that there are vaults in the U.S., Mexico, and France. So why not focus the last game around those 3 revolutions, if it's as big as they say? 3 countries?, 3 revolutions?, 9 major cities? I mean, why not? It'd be an amazing game to play. Not to mention that Desmond can have his own awesome gameplay. This game is going to be HUGE, judging from what they are saying. If this game is bigger than any of the AC's before, then why not this big?

rileypoole1234
02-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Wii U is out at the end of the year, and the 360 successor is looking like a 2013 launch. This generation has been overdue as it is, new consoles should have come out last year.

Well that's what I meant really. I think 2013 should be the earliest for a new console. They're rushing that Wii U thing.

persiateddy95
02-16-2012, 02:30 AM
People are excited? I can only laugh at you.

Will_Lucky
02-16-2012, 02:34 AM
Well that's what I meant really. I think 2013 should be the earliest for a new console. They're rushing that Wii U thing.

No there not, The N64 was out in 1996, The GC was out in 2001, the Wii 2006. The Wii U should have come out last year. Its been a long cycle compared to the past, games have hit there limits in terms of what the consoles can do. And the Wii wasn't that much more powerful than a Gamecube and this really is overdue.

I would have rather had AC3 released on a next gen console as they will be a significant step up.

JumpInTheFire13
02-16-2012, 03:25 AM
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass..." BEFORE I FINISHED READING THIS THREAD! Holy **** when I started reading there was only 3 pages and then I'd scroll down and there was 4, start reading that page and then there was 5, etc. Now there's 7 pages and I've finally caught up with this beast of a thread! (I can already tell Lightrey is going to highlight the word "beast" and post his infamous "if you know what I mean" after it, hahaha.) Anyways, as you can tell by my sig, I'm pumped.

rileypoole1234
02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
No there not, The N64 was out in 1996, The GC was out in 2001, the Wii 2006. The Wii U should have come out last year. Its been a long cycle compared to the past, games have hit there limits in terms of what the consoles can do. And the Wii wasn't that much more powerful than a Gamecube and this really is overdue.

I would have rather had AC3 released on a next gen console as they will be a significant step up.

I would like to have an AC on next gen consoles as well. But that Wii U thing. I think they should take the time to perfect it and really make it awesome. If it's like an upgrade to the regular Wii, I for one won't like it. I'm sure many Nintendo fans will, and I've also heard that the Wii did very well in Japan, so I'm sure the Wii U will do good regardless. I still think it needs more time though.

ElTORO713
02-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Wow three years while still being able to make two other games I think Ill call that dedication

NewBlade200
02-16-2012, 04:49 AM
I find it hard to be excited for a new AC game after Bro and Rev. Still, three years? The devil are they on about? Were the past two games just DLC released yearly to appease the masses while adding nothing?

DavisP92
02-16-2012, 05:19 AM
they can say 3 years as much as they want, I'm not going to believe that AC3 has 3 years of quality work/ideas unless I see a great co-op, Sp and multiplayer (could careless for multiplayer honestly). It has to bring back the good qualities of AC1 too and have a lot of new gameplay concepts and multiply locations.

Moultonborough
02-16-2012, 05:52 AM
For the comments relating to the WII U, I think it is being rushed. Since E3 last year Nintendo has already made changes to it. As long as they don't make mini games into full games I think it will be a decent release for them. Now as to the October release as long as they have taken their time and thought about how to make everything perfect I'm fine with a earlier release date. Though, I hope they wipe out MP and use the space to make graphics like Skyrim.

masterfenix2009
02-16-2012, 05:58 AM
I find it hard to be excited for a new AC game after Bro and Rev. Still, three years? The devil are they on about? Were the past two games just DLC released yearly to appease the masses while adding nothing?
Um, yes. I thought it was quite obvious since BH that they they were making AC3 at the same time as ACR and ACB. ACR started as a DS game after all. I'm pretty sure most of the team was working AC3 before ACR became a real game. Once brotherhood was done, I'm pretty sure the BH team went to help work on AC3. Now they have alot more people on AC3.

they can say 3 years as much as they want, I'm not going to believe that AC3 has 3 years of quality work/ideas unless I see a great co-op, Sp and multiplayer (could careless for multiplayer honestly). It has to bring back the good qualities of AC1 too and have a lot of new gameplay concepts and multiply locations.
3 years of quality does not equal co-op. It depends on whether or not co-op fits there vision.

naran6142
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
well its not like the game will really suffer if they release 2 weeks early

LordWolv
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
If the game is another copy of ACII I'll eat my face.

SlimeDynamiteD
02-16-2012, 08:20 AM
If the game is another copy of ACII I'll eat my face.

It's a deal.

ElDoucherino
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I believe that was me who said it ;) haha I had previously, around halfway through last year. I had originally said that judging from the time periods of the Revolutions, that it could be done. Starting with the American Revolution, then heading over to the French Revolution, then returning to the Americas for the Mexican Revolution. This can be supported with the ending of ACII. Hence the Ancient Mayan Temples, the American Revolution Symbols and the French Revolution Symbols. We also know that there are vaults in the U.S., Mexico, and France. So why not focus the last game around those 3 revolutions, if it's as big as they say? 3 countries?, 3 revolutions?, 9 major cities? I mean, why not? It'd be an amazing game to play. Not to mention that Desmond can have his own awesome gameplay. This game is going to be HUGE, judging from what they are saying. If this game is bigger than any of the AC's before, then why not this big?

Maybe not 9 major cities as this would take forever to create but if the central story will be held in say France then we could have 3 cities there, 2 in the US (New York, Philadelphia, Boston?) and then a in Mexico...6 major cities and some other important places for side quest as like they did in Brotherhood with the War Machine quests. I am not that well-read regarding all of these revolutions but I ask you if this is managable seeing as you have a better grasp of the history revolving these events :)?

Saar Ben Kiki
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
these are nice proposals but we ubisoft would want us to get that feeling we had towards ezio and towards altair - one epic assassin which is the main protaagonist (after dessiemondie of course)

pacmanate
02-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Cant wait for this, and to earlier comments, there is no need to have a next gen now. Take the PS3 EXCLUSIVES for example. Uncharted 3 is probably the best looking game EVER. We just need developers that won't port everything

zerocooll21
02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Few weeks earlier, I like.

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
People seem to forget, 8 flipping studios, not one.

8 Times the people, they easily could have that done. Also, even if Revelations was a DS game, which I don't believe but you probably have higher knowledge about it, it was planned to be a DS game Idea. The idea was for DS, then worked all the production into working on what was easily my favorite game of the series so far (Revelations). Brotherhood was great as well, easy third.

As for this, it's Kotaku and IGN, can we trust it? Although the date seems to be a legit one, in case we do die on that date at least we will have played and beaten ACIII.

DavisP92
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Um, yes. I thought it was quite obvious since BH that they they were making AC3 at the same time as ACR and ACB. ACR started as a DS game after all. I'm pretty sure most of the team was working AC3 before ACR became a real game. Once brotherhood was done, I'm pretty sure the BH team went to help work on AC3. Now they have alot more people on AC3.

3 years of quality does not equal co-op. It depends on whether or not co-op fits there vision.

well obviously it doesn't, but seeing how they have been talking about coop/multiplayer since AC1, and then they did multiplayer. And with that survey they teased coop again, it does fit there vision. I'm just saying for 3 years (if it really is 3 years, they did have other projects during that time ,ACB and ACR) then AC3 should be the best of series including things that make it completely different from other games/later AC games but still keep what ppl love about it. And add new gameplay aspects (coop, more weapons, different encounters, etc.). All in all the game that everyone has always been wishing for since they started doing the a game a year thing.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM

I seriously about cried reading that. I am so excited for this release and it sounds frickin massive. 3 years, a ton of people, a new protagonist, and the biggest launch in Ubisoft history. This game sounds like it's gonna be huge in length and in it's scale of awesomeness. Hopefully it will finally be a major contender for 2012 Game of the Year. Omg I can not f-ing wait!

luckyto
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Err, no. They could maybe tweak the wet clothes animation/textures, but to go back to AC2 graphics after the huge improvement in ACR would be asinine. I've been playing AC2 recently and while I still love the story and whatnot, I've come to appreciate the major leaps in graphics the games have made since then. Sometimes the cut scenes are downright embarrassing to look at.

Yep.

I'm excited as well..

... but remember, we've heard the "many studios are working on it" bit before... just gauge your expectations a little. Make them work for your praise. I still believe ACR and ACB should have at least been consolidated into one game... or made DLC. I'm waiting till the fat lady sings before I believe. If Ubi fulfills their promise, I will buy at full retail to support the cause. If they don't, I'll be picking it up second-hand so they don't see a dime.

ChaosxNetwork
02-16-2012, 04:53 PM
People keep crying at Brotherhood and Revelations,but both games have some incredible points and created a lot of new mechanics which can be refined in III. The things people keep crying about is the length and are probably fueled by the fact the time period is the same and so is the protagonist. When compared to II the games are not THAT much shorter they just have less cities. Don't forget you cant fit much code onto a 7GB disc that the 360 is using. The games can't get that much better each time, it is just they seem to because they get better at coding and finding tricks.
If they can make a game which combines all the best points of each game then we have a proper equal.
Brotherhood and especially Revelations are amazing games and are just as good as II. Your nostalgia is getting in the way.
And to luckyto doing things like this: "If they don't, I'll be picking it up second-hand so they don't see a dime" is why we can't have nice things. It is why I hope the new Xbox wont allow pre owned games. You ruin the industry just as much as pirates do in PC gaming.

luckyto
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
In my mind, there were a LOT of crappy mechanics and the core mechanics of combat, AI and even eventually movement took a hit. Eagle Sense is the only core mechanic that evolved in an intelligent way.

Size is only one complaint. A complaint I think that most critics of ACB and ACR could overcome.

zStrictStyle
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
People keep crying at Brotherhood and Revelations,but both games have some incredible points and created a lot of new mechanics which can be refined in III. The things people keep crying about is the length and are probably fueled by the fact the time period is the same and so is the protagonist. When compared to II the games are not THAT much shorter they just have less cities. Don't forget you cant fit much code onto a 7GB disc that the 360 is using. The games can't get that much better each time, it is just they seem to because they get better at coding and finding tricks.
If they can make a game which combines all the best points of each game then we have a proper equal.
Brotherhood and especially Revelations are amazing games and are just as good as II. Your nostalgia is getting in the way.
And to luckyto doing things like this: "If they don't, I'll be picking it up second-hand so they don't see a dime" is why we can't have nice things. It is why I hope the new Xbox wont allow pre owned games. You ruin the industry just as much as pirates do in PC gaming.

Well said.

SlimeDynamiteD
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Size is only one complaint..

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

Chottan
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Is it coming for pc....................................

Chottan
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
So is it coming for pc

SlimeDynamiteD
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Stop spamming the thread with your Question.

That said, we have no way of knowing. All we know is that the release date of Assassin's Creed III will be the 30th of October.
Wether that's on consoles or pc was not mentioned.

If you had read the article you wouldn't have to ask these... questions that can be labeled as 'dumb'.

Will_Lucky
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't forget you cant fit much code onto a 7GB disc that the 360 is using. The games can't get that much better each time, it is just they seem to because they get better at coding and finding tricks.

Not really an issue, multiple 360 games are being released that use more than one disc. Ie they could put the single player and multiplayer on seperate discs.

luckyto
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I have no problem paying full price for games that deserve it. Developers deserve to be rewarded. I never pirate movies or music for the same reason. Nor pirate games. But I don't purchase from companies that mislead me year after year, and neither should anyone else.

Pretending that the "size of the game" was the only problem is totally disregarding hundreds of complaints on these forums about many other issues. I'm sure the MP fans just want a game that isn't filled with glitches. I mean, they paid good money, they should get a product that works. I just want a game where the melee combat was as fun as AC1 or AC2. And I, and everyone else, is within their right to protest.

ChaosxNetwork
02-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't even get me started on the Multiplayer.
If they don't deserve your money because you fell into their marketing strategy then that is your fault. If you dont want them to get the money for the game then you shouldn't play it.
You either give them the money or you dont play the game. that is how it should be.

ChaosxNetwork
02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Not really an issue, multiple 360 games are being released that use more than one disc. Ie they could put the single player and multiplayer on seperate discs.
So you want them to double manufacturing cost? Massively decreasing their profits or to counter that increase the price? That is rarely a viable option for games whose primary development system IS the 360. games like L.A Noire had the PS3 in mind and so went to 3 discs on the 360 as it was not the development system. Have a look at Rockstar's profit margin on the 360.

oh and slime you are a naughty person!

RebeccaLH
02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Im so excited for this game, nevermind multiplayer!

luckyto
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
If they don't deserve your money because you fell into their marketing strategy then that is your fault. If you dont want them to get the money for the game then you shouldn't play it.
You either give them the money or you dont play the game. that is how it should be.

I support franchises I like. So I preordered Revelations. Yeah, fool me once.

Other companies like Naughty Dogg or Rockstar produce high-quality games and back their products, and I will always purchase from them... those companies aren't hurting. Resales aren't destroying the industry, it's just weeding out the people who produce junk. If anything, games have become better and better. Plus DLC is providing whole new revenue streams for companies, gaming is making more money than it ever has.

Sure, resales are chopping margins. Games cost more to make. But good companies and good brands are thriving. The good games hold their value, even on resale, so that the cost for purchasing it new is an easy choice for consumers. Shelves are filled with less games, but they are also filled with better games. Gaming isn't dying, it's just transforming. And those who produce the best product will stay on top.

If Ubi fulfills their promise, they will get my money. And if not, then no. I think that is perfectly fair.

T0rm3nta777
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Wait, so we've been playing the AC3 beta for 2 and some odd years... ouch... 3 years of beta testing must yield some fantastic stats....

Acrimonious_Nin
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Wait, so we've been playing the AC3 beta for 2 and some odd years... ouch... 3 years of beta testing must yield some fantastic stats....
yup...i feel used...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4Y6GOS5FB16zP876A2xaQrtgQvBnX LQqxoXNsRTP2Mav1TXKpcPhvhUk

SixKeys
02-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Their "marketing strategy" was to deliver Brotherhood - a game where the multiplayer, while not perfect, worked for the most part - one year before ACR. The multiplayer was great as it was, aside from some well-known glitches. We all expected those to be ironed out during the year leading up to Revelations. Then ACR came out and it turned out to be ten times as glitchy and laggy. I don't think it's fair to blame gamers for buying a product that USED to work in good faith, only to find out its follow-up absolutely doesn't.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Stop spamming the thread with your Question.

That said, we have no way of knowing. All we know is that the release date of Assassin's Creed III will be the 30th of October.
Wether that's on consoles or pc was not mentioned.

If you had read the article you wouldn't have to ask these... questions that can be labeled as 'dumb'.

Actually, not every article that was released on this topic is the same so we do know. Game Trailers has an article about it too and is says the same exact stuff, except is also says that "the game will be released October 30, for the PS3, 360, and PC." I'm sure PC will probably come a little later like it always does, but yes, it will be releasing on all 3 systems.

I agree with everything you said here about the games. However, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this and anybody playing on a 360 is gonna yell at me, but Ubisoft wouldn't have the ret@rded 7GB limit if they were smart and just kept AC a PS3 exclusive like it was intended to be at the very beginning. They'd have a whole lot more room to never have to worry about on a dual layered Blu-Ray, and to add to that, they'd never have to worry about compressing the graphics or the engines down to run on that weakass excuse of a system. They'd never have to worry about pixel rates or anything else, since the PS3 can do all of it, and they'd have much more room to stretch their wings. I'm sorry, I'm a Sony fangirl, but that's how I feel. Why do you think all of the best graphical exclusives have been on PS3? MGS4 (not to mention it's a huge game and could never, ever fit on the 360). God of War 3 (they even had the ability to run everything in the game except for a small of space for save data straight off the Blu-Ray disk). Uncharted 3 (arguably the best graphically detailed game to date). I think I made my point. PC would handle AC fine, but 360 just isn't powerful enough, let alone have the space. That's one of the main reasons those devs have chosen to keep those franchises exclusive. The PS3 can do more and gives devs much more room to grow and more space to create in.

T0rm3nta777
02-16-2012, 09:20 PM
The 2 disc option for XB360 is not a bad idea, and I have to agree with GLHS on this one... PS3 does have nicer looking games, but both consoles are getting OLD! Consider this... A ps3 throws 256Mb video memory at a game... now ac's textures could eat that for breakfast. The XB has 512mb shared memory, so it can be split among graphics and logic. The average gaming PC is packing SLI or a beast Crossfire/GTX with AT LEAST 1Gb RAM, and then another 8-64Gb of normal ram. (I know windows/linux/mac takes away from that... but not to console levels). Moral of the story, if you want AC to look its best... Play it on a monster PC. If you wanna enjoy AC the way it was envisioned by the game designers, then a console is your best option. Lets just hope AC3 is everything Patrice and Alex envisioned... cause then it will be a fantastic game.

SixKeys
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Lets just hope AC3 is everything Patrice and Alex envisioned... cause then it will be a fantastic game.

If you're talking about Alex Amancio, he was only involved with ACR. Patrice was the driving force behind AC1 and AC2, Alex had nothing to do with those.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Maybe not 9 major cities as this would take forever to create but if the central story will be held in say France then we could have 3 cities there, 2 in the US (New York, Philadelphia, Boston?) and then a in Mexico...6 major cities and some other important places for side quest as like they did in Brotherhood with the War Machine quests. I am not that well-read regarding all of these revolutions but I ask you if this is managable seeing as you have a better grasp of the history revolving these events :)?
Hmm...I see. Yeah, but I see the main story taking place in America. Simply because the games have been all pointing to New York and also because the first Revolution happens in America. So Desmond's ancestors most likely would have crossed over to the United States after discovering the Vaults in the codex and that the Templar's have begun colonization in America too (which is fact that the Templar's had come to America). The time period of the Revolutions is as followed: American Rev. 1775-1783, French Rev. 1789-1799, Mexican Rev. 1810-1821. If they were to go through all 3 revolutions, we will go through the ancestors entire life span, ending the game just as we ended the game with Ezio, around the age of 63. If we were to begin the game again at the age of 17, the game would look kinda like this. American Rev. start at age 17, end at age 25. French Rev. Start at age 31, end at age 41. Mexican Rev. start at age 52, end at age 63. While visiting many cities on the way, with diverse architecture and crowds. Different languages, different feel, different ambiance, different clothing, different settings. It would be a change from only sticking to one part of the world. Like only Italy, only the Middle East, only Turkey. This will be Europe, the U.S., and Latin America. If it is like that, I'd be very excited :D

Azula2005
02-16-2012, 09:30 PM
woooo! < finally<3

AVVSOM3
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Also Corey May wrote the story of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. I think he wrote the story too for Assassin's Creed III. If he wrote the story then I have more hope in the third game because actually Corey May is the guy that started Assassin's Creed. Patrice only used his creative atmospheres for the game.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
The 2 disc option for XB360 is not a bad idea, and I have to agree with GLHS on this one... PS3 does have nicer looking games, but both consoles are getting OLD! Consider this... A ps3 throws 256Mb video memory at a game... now ac's textures could eat that for breakfast. The XB has 512mb shared memory, so it can be split among graphics and logic. The average gaming PC is packing SLI or a beast Crossfire/GTX with AT LEAST 1Gb RAM, and then another 8-64Gb of normal ram. (I know windows/linux/mac takes away from that... but not to console levels). Moral of the story, if you want AC to look its best... Play it on a monster PC. If you wanna enjoy AC the way it was envisioned by the game designers, then a console is your best option. Lets just hope AC3 is everything Patrice and Alex envisioned... cause then it will be a fantastic game.

Thank you, but 2 disk option? Wtf are we back in 1995 now where we have to replace the disk halfway through like when playing MGS on the PS1? Come on now. It's 2012. MS needs to get their act together and start making a console the way it should be made. No DVD disks. No needing to buy sh!t that should already come with the friggin thing i.e. batteries for wireless controllers, no external harddrives, and for christ's sake, no paying to use online services. 2 disk is annoying and shows how far behind they really are. Seriously, who wants to be just about to assassinate a dude you've been chasing for half the game to get "please insert disk 2 and push start."?

LightRey
02-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank you, but 2 disk option? Wtf are we back in 1995 now where we have to replace the disk halfway through like when playing MGS on the PS1? Come on now. It's 2012. MS needs to get their act together and start making a console the way it should be made. No DVD disks. No needing to buy sh!t that should already come with the friggin thing i.e. batteries for wireless controllers, no external harddrives, and for christ's sake, no paying to use online services. 2 disk is annoying and shows how far behind they really are. Seriously, who wants to be just about to assassinate a dude you've been chasing for half the game to get "please insert disk 2 and push start."?

This post is funny when you happen to own at least 2 Xbox 360 games that require 2 disks and one that requires 3 and you happen to own and play the only online game on Xbox 360 with a monthly subscription.

kriegerdesgottes
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Also Corey May wrote the story of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. I think he wrote the story too for Assassin's Creed III. If he wrote the story then I have more hope in the third game because actually Corey May is the guy that started Assassin's Creed. Patrice only used his creative atmospheres for the game.

That would definitely give my confidence a boost if he turns out to be the main writer on ACIII.

D.I.D.
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM

Maybe I've got this totally wrong but in one of the first interviews for AC1, I thought I remembered Jade Raymond saying that the game sprang from the development the guys did for movement in POP: Sands Of Time. May didn't work on POP until the sequel.

I'm sure his writing was absolutely vital to AC1, but I'm not sure he started it as such. I think you might be playing down other people's work too much there.

Will_Lucky
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Thank you, but 2 disk option?

Yeah well it was inevitable the moment Microsoft chose DVD and Sony chose Blu-Ray. Games have advanced very far over the past 6 years compression technology can only go so far. And considering how much they have beefed up the engine in Revelations unless they sacrifice that quality I would say we are looking at more than one disc here. Had Microsoft decided to opt for HD-DVD this wouldn't be an issue.

EscoBlades
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
This is why i love this community. Some great, mature, intelligent discussion going on, from both sides of the fence. The AC III news has many of us invigorated. I can't wait to see and tell you all what Ubi has in store ;)

JumpInTheFire13
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM
I seriously about cried reading that. I am so excited for this release and it sounds frickin massive. 3 years, a ton of people, a new protagonist, and the biggest launch in Ubisoft history. This game sounds like it's gonna be huge in length and in it's scale of awesomeness. Hopefully it will finally be a major contender for 2012 Game of the Year. Omg I can not f-ing wait!

Ubisoft also picked a great year for it if it's going to be a contender for game of the year. Uncharted, Batman, Elder Scrolls, and Portal were all released last year so its only major competition (so far) is Mass Effect.

LightRey
02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Ubisoft also picked a great year for it if it's going to be a contender for game of the year. Uncharted, Batman, Elder Scrolls, and Portal were all released last year so its only major competition (so far) is Mass Effect.

I think Halo 4 is also pretty major competition.

ChaosxNetwork
02-17-2012, 12:28 AM
I agree with everything you said here about the games. However, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this and anybody playing on a 360 is gonna yell at me, but Ubisoft wouldn't have the ret@rded 7GB limit if they were smart and just kept AC a PS3 exclusive like it was intended to be at the very beginning. They'd have a whole lot more room to never have to worry about on a dual layered Blu-Ray, and to add to that, they'd never have to worry about compressing the graphics or the engines down to run on that weakass excuse of a system. They'd never have to worry about pixel rates or anything else, since the PS3 can do all of it, and they'd have much more room to stretch their wings. I'm sorry, I'm a Sony fangirl, but that's how I feel. Why do you think all of the best graphical exclusives have been on PS3? MGS4 (not to mention it's a huge game and could never, ever fit on the 360). God of War 3 (they even had the ability to run everything in the game except for a small of space for save data straight off the Blu-Ray disk). Uncharted 3 (arguably the best graphically detailed game to date). I think I made my point. PC would handle AC fine, but 360 just isn't powerful enough, let alone have the space. That's one of the main reasons those devs have chosen to keep those franchises exclusive. The PS3 can do more and gives devs much more room to grow and more space to create in.

The Xbox and PS3 are near identical power wise, the difference is in how much ram is shared between what. The only reason a PS3 exclusive looks very good compared to Xbox games is purely because of the Blue ray Disc and having far more room. How ever look at Halo Reach, who's graphics are well on par with Uncharted (Almost). They could have kept it to just PS3 but that would screw the gamers over. think about the number of gamers who cant play great games like Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War ect because they are exclusive games. Plus ubisoft's profits would be nothing compared to what their biggest franchise gives them now.

souNdwAve89
02-17-2012, 12:53 AM
I think Halo 4 is also pretty major competition.

Yeah, definitely, but Activision did announce that there will be another Call of Duty title in 2012, so that is even more competition.

ChaosxNetwork
02-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah, definitely, but Activision did announce that there will be another Call of Duty title in 2012, so that is even more competition.
Wan't the most shocking of news.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I agree with GLHS blueray could most definetly of been the solution to that danm 7gb bs that ate at my memory ...for a game that for the ps3 has NO TROPHIES wtf....look at this cat
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpW_rdaFp6OJw3vJOVie4nXgNmCzeEX 7agcPsd69szoZ8uzeNJUQ

elcrunkus
02-17-2012, 04:13 AM
american revolution isn't the favorite. In fact most responses criticize america for lacking exotic locations and rich architecture. We already have enough games set in the wasteland that is america. So shove off.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 04:52 AM
american revolution isn't the favorite. In fact most responses criticize america for lacking exotic locations and rich architecture. We already have enough games set in the wasteland that is america. So shove off.
i am for the french rev. and egypt for sure maybe even russian and chinese but french all the way lol

LordWolv
02-17-2012, 05:58 AM
The american revolution is too dull, overused and I hate games set in america because the companies try to glorify it.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 06:45 AM
The american revolution is too dull, overused and I hate games set in america because the companies try to glorify it.
so where would you like it?.....

GLHS
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
The Xbox and PS3 are near identical power wise, the difference is in how much ram is shared between what. The only reason a PS3 exclusive looks very good compared to Xbox games is purely because of the Blue ray Disc and having far more room. How ever look at Halo Reach, who's graphics are well on par with Uncharted (Almost). They could have kept it to just PS3 but that would screw the gamers over. think about the number of gamers who cant play great games like Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War ect because they are exclusive games. Plus ubisoft's profits would be nothing compared to what their biggest franchise gives them now.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I agree with you on the fans part. There definitely are more people playing it with it being on all 3 systems. I do agree with their decision. I was mainly just taking a stab and MS and saying that they wouldn't have to worry about graphical and performance issues if it only were to be a PS3 exclusive. Back when they very first announced AC1. it was supposed to be, but getting more fans was the reason they switched it to mutilplatform. I was just being a PS3 fangirl. I do agree that MS can pull out some graphically appealing games. I'm in no way saying their games look like sh!t or anything. But with the detail, pixel rate, and shear memory size of games like God of War 3 and Uncharted 3, they would never be possible on the 360. That and the things that MS falls behind on with being a user friendly platform (as I mentioned before, having to buy batteries for controllers, buying external harddrives to play anything, and paying for XBL), those are the reason that the 360 won't stand the test of time. People can brag all they want about it sales and blah, blah, blah, but everybody knows that the only reason is b/c it's got the MS name on it. It has very little exclusives to keep it up and running, you have to shell out booku dollars just to play the d@mn thing with any convenience, and besides a few games like Assassin's Creed, the better games are all on the other side of the fence. It's performance lacks in style and power. Ask anybody to play the same game on a PS3 and a 360 side by side and they'll tell you every time that it looks better and runs smoother on the PS3. And yes, that is in part, due to it being played off of a Blu-Ray disk. But I digress. I guess 360 ain't that bad. But the only reason why I would ever get one, is for Gears of War and Splinter Cell: Conviction. There's nothing else worth getting it for. Really, the only thing MS did right was how cool the Kinect is, and even then, they failed in certain ways. Sure, it's cool for the casual gamer family side of things. But what about hardcore players? People that would play shooters and things on it? That's where the move is better. Idk about you, but if I'm playin a shooter on a motion controlled device, I wanna be able to have something solid like, say a gun, in my hands when I'm shooting. Makes it feel much more realistic and immersive. Otherwise, I'm just pretending to hold something, and that's just dumb. Same thing with Star Wars games. If I'm gonna play a SW game on motion control, I'd feel a hell of a lot cooler with something in my hands to swing around as Saber that just pretending to do it. But Idk. Maybe that's just me.

ChaosxNetwork
02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I agree with you on the fans part. There definitely are more people playing it with it being on all 3 systems. I do agree with their decision. I was mainly just taking a stab and MS and saying that they wouldn't have to worry about graphical and performance issues if it only were to be a PS3 exclusive. Back when they very first announced AC1. it was supposed to be, but getting more fans was the reason they switched it to mutilplatform. I was just being a PS3 fangirl. I do agree that MS can pull out some graphically appealing games. I'm in no way saying their games look like sh!t or anything. But with the detail, pixel rate, and shear memory size of games like God of War 3 and Uncharted 3, they would never be possible on the 360. That and the things that MS falls behind on with being a user friendly platform (as I mentioned before, having to buy batteries for controllers, buying external harddrives to play anything, and paying for XBL), those are the reason that the 360 won't stand the test of time. People can brag all they want about it sales and blah, blah, blah, but everybody knows that the only reason is b/c it's got the MS name on it. It has very little exclusives to keep it up and running, you have to shell out booku dollars just to play the d@mn thing with any convenience, and besides a few games like Assassin's Creed, the better games are all on the other side of the fence. It's performance lacks in style and power. Ask anybody to play the same game on a PS3 and a 360 side by side and they'll tell you every time that it looks better and runs smoother on the PS3. And yes, that is in part, due to it being played off of a Blu-Ray disk. But I digress. I guess 360 ain't that bad. But the only reason why I would ever get one, is for Gears of War and Splinter Cell: Conviction. There's nothing else worth getting it for. Really, the only thing MS did right was how cool the Kinect is, and even then, they failed in certain ways. Sure, it's cool for the casual gamer family side of things. But what about hardcore players? People that would play shooters and things on it? That's where the move is better. Idk about you, but if I'm playin a shooter on a motion controlled device, I wanna be able to have something solid like, say a gun, in my hands when I'm shooting. Makes it feel much more realistic and immersive. Otherwise, I'm just pretending to hold something, and that's just dumb. Same thing with Star Wars games. If I'm gonna play a SW game on motion control, I'd feel a hell of a lot cooler with something in my hands to swing around as Saber that just pretending to do it. But Idk. Maybe that's just me.

No they don't always run better and smoother on PS3. In fact it is very much the opposite. All you ever hear is that "The PS3 version of _______ is having _____ problems on launch. We will get it fixed ASAP". Look at Black Ops (Call of duty hate or love aside) was dreadful on PS3 and even now still is behind the Xbox.
40 a year for Xbox Live is the price of one game. Since the Xbox Live is far, far superior to Play Station Network in nearly every way no one on Xbox complains about it at all ;)
Yeah we are running out of exclusives with gears possibly over and halo going onto 4 but so are you. How much further can God of War and Uncharted go? They are on their number 3 (4 next)
And the fact that PS3 is Sony doesn't help their sales? nothing wrong with that, Microsoft make solid products in the PC world and people trust them.

Any way fanboy/girl ;) war aside I hate the limitations caused due to the dual layer, but it is far easier to code the 360, so developers decide to make that the main development system. So in the end unless this E3 revealed the new xbox for a release this fall, we have to accept the fact AC: III can't be massive compared to the previous games, they have limited scope and we have to put up with that.

Oh and I agree with those saying that the American revolution is a poor choice. I wouldn't be against it but you have say France in it's prime with a country filled with rich towns and massive expansive locations or America which is massive but made up of just a few towns and has nothing to it? Yeah I know what I vote for!
Though Egypt, Britain and China are my main votes.

pacmanate
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Well competition wise....

Mass Effect 3 - Comes out in March, It won't hurt sales of AC3 coming out in October
Max Payne 3 - Comes out in May, once again no where near October
Far Cry 3 - Coming out in September, this franchise is no where near as big as AC so I don't think there will be much competition
Resident Evil 6 - Coming out In November. I don't think that this will compete very will with AC3.....

Call of Duty (Black Ops 2?) - November release, and will be made my treyarch. Here's the catch. So much hype surrounded this game, it shipped the highest amount of COD units in its first month even though it was a TERRIBLE game, the worst of the COD franchise. MW3, SO much better than Black Ops but had significantly less first month sales. Now that the developer is going back to Treyarch, people are going to be VERY wary about buying it.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh and I agree with those saying that the American revolution is a poor choice. I wouldn't be against it but you have say France in it's prime with a country filled with rich towns and massive expansive locations or America which is massive but made up of just a few towns and has nothing to it? Yeah I know what I vote for!
Though Egypt, Britain and China are my main votes.

America being small during the American Revolution? You're kidding right? haha The American Colonies had been there since the early 1600's, with 176 years of development and growth, especially in New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. They were cities with massive amounts of population and buildings. They didn't have empty places, they were full and alive and richer than England, since they were making so much money through the Triangle Trade and not paying much of the taxes to the British. http://www.philaprintshop.com/images/vuefire.jpg
Here's a pic of a fire in New York City around the time of Revolution. As you can see, it is certainly a city and we are definitely capable of free running and being an assassin in New York during the Revolution.
http://www.bethelhistorical.org/Boston early view.jpg
Now here's Boston at the time of the Revolution. Yes...it's a big city too. You can even see towers that are perfect for viewpoints.

http://store.nrm.org/prodimg/AP916.jpg
This pic is a little small, but it's Philadelphia. It's also perfect for Assassin's Creed.

The American Revolution works so well into the game, the cities were big and populace and full of buildings, I don't know why people think it was all just empty. There were huge, rich cities in America. Why else would they begin a Revolution to separate? It would be dumb to separate if they had nothing. But they had everything, they were rich and populace, enough to be their own country. When you talk about open fields and nothingness, people are normally referring to the South Colonies, such as Virginia. Which was a farming colony, not like the North, which were city folk. The game can do so well in this era, people just need to know that the setting is completely possible and know a little more history on the American Colonies. Plus, how many games are there about the American Revolution? None. I still think they can make the games be based on the American Revolution, the French Revolution, and the Mexican Revolution. Now that would be awesome!

ajl992008
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM
after looking at architecture of both French and american revolution, French revolution looks much more rich to explore but either setting will be good, im happy its coming a bit earlier so that the wait is less, now im just waiting for some acr dlc, hurry up! lol

rob.davies2014
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
An article on why AC3 is one to look forward to :
http://www.psu.com/Heres-4-reasons-why-you-should-care-about-Assassins-Creed-III--a014398-p0.php

tarrero
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Excellent post by geomart (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/773438-geomart)

As as matter of fact, I would still take French Revolution or Victorian London over American Revolution, but aftter what you wrote, it looks promising.

http://www.firedbydesign.com/4197/historical-epic/

Check that out also!

Will_Lucky
02-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Call of Duty (Black Ops 2?) - November release, and will be made my treyarch. Here's the catch. So much hype surrounded this game, it shipped the highest amount of COD units in its first month even though it was a TERRIBLE game, the worst of the COD franchise. MW3, SO much better than Black Ops but had significantly less first month sales. Now that the developer is going back to Treyarch, people are going to be VERY wary about buying it.

I don't think the average buyer actually understands the IW-Treyarch cycle so it won't be a factor. Personally I thought Black Ops was the best in the series and MW3 was just one massive step backwards.

But I don't think competition is much of an issue. Assassins Creed 1 succeeded when it went against Call of Duty 4 and got the second game approved. The other releases have met just as much competition but still shifted plenty of units.