PDA

View Full Version : Altairs robes DLC for Revelations

Taraka1987
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm hoping someone from Ubisoft sees this and considers making the Altairs robes an available dlc for AC: Revelations.

Because ebay is ridiculous. Basically, last week an auction started up with codes for the Altairs Robes pre-order dlc. 12.99. I thought that was a little much, considering it's just 1 skin. But it's Altair, my fav character in AC. (Ezio rocks but if I gotta pick favorites...) But I needed my next check to pay for it. By the time I come back to it (Yesterday), it jumped to 19.99, and that's stretching it. So I made the dud an offer. 14.99. Which is still a bit much since it's just 1 skin. I check the offer this mourning...he increased it to 34.99. According to the listing he has 4 codes left.

Seriously, can we get that dlc availible on XBL(and PSN)? I think paying roughly 50% of what I payed for the game for a single code for a costume is redonkulous.

FrankieSatt
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
What is the incentive to pre-order a game if you know the incentive DLC will be released to everyone after the game is out? I don't think it should be released. It was a pre-order DLC and it should stay that way. I say that as someone who didn't pre-order the game and do not have the DLC nor do I want it. If I wanted it, I would have pre-ordered the game.

SixKeys
02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
What is the incentive to pre-order a game if you know the incentive DLC will be released to everyone after the game is out? I don't think it should be released. It was a pre-order DLC and it should stay that way. I say that as someone who didn't pre-order the game and do not have the DLC nor do I want it. If I wanted it, I would have pre-ordered the game.

I would normally agree (I was annoyed last year when console players got so-called "exclusive" MP characters and maps for free two weeks before the PC players who had paid extra for pre-ordering the game). The only problem is that some editions are restricted to certain countries. I would have loved to get the edition that came with the Alta´r skin, but I believe it was only available in the UK (and possibly Australia?). The same with the version that came with the Ottoman Doctor MP character. I would have much preferred him to the Crusader, but the Crusader edition was the only one available in my country. With AC2 there was a Japanese edition that came with a cool Ezio model that wasn't available anywhere else. Ubisoft are free to make as many editions as they want, but they should make it possible for fans to order any edition they choose through Ubishop.

tarrero
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM

So what!

Most of the templar lairs were exclusive content on those special editions and then, became available through the DLC.....

Taraka1987
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
While its a pre-order dlc (which I could not do at the time, due to unemployment.) we at least have the option of getting that same skin for AC2 and Bro-hood. I understand the argument with the pre-order exclusive, which is what they did with War for Cybertron and a few other games where they just released the content later anyway.

If anything, do what they did with Dead Space2. Just make the late comers pay more. (But not 35 bucks! I'd pay 10 bucks happily for Altair's costume.)

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 04:01 PM
To get it first, that's why you preorder things, so you can get it first and enjoy it earlier. On topic, yeah I think they might do that with the Ottoman Edition, I think they should start making Outfits as DLC too.

I'd gladly buy it. I was quite disappointed that Sam Fisher wasn't an outfit in Revelations. They should expand the outfits in AC3 or through DLC.

Taraka1987
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I didn't even know Altair was pre-order exclusive, I actually entirely expected him to be playable since he has 5 chapters. (At the time I had no idea about the 6th, or even how his appearance would change) What I did get was the Wal-Mart Exclusive code for the Romulus Armor. I wasn't fond of it. (It is kinda cool, but not something I use often.)