PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3, Splinter Cell: Retribution coming this year?

AlexEzio89
02-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Ubisoft will release Assassin's Creed 3 and Splinter Cell: Retribution this year, according to an unverified release schedule posted by Gameranx.

Eurogamer has been trying to contact Ubisoft all morning, but has been unable to verify the document with the publisher.

But it sounds about right.

Ubisoft has teased that 2012 will bring a "major" new game in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Eurogamer since discovered that this game will conclude the story of protagonist Desmond Miles before the series' doomsday date arrives in real life. That doomsday date is 2012, so we'll need the concluding instalment this year.

PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 versions of Assassin's Creed 3 are apparently on the way. Nintendo mentioned an Assassin's Creed Wii U game when the console was unveiled at E3 last summer.

This is the first time we've heard the name Splinter Cell: Retribution, but we knew a new Splinter Cell game was in development at Ubisoft Toronto, and has been for several years. That project's being lead by ex-Assassin's Creed frontwoman, Jade Raymond. Retribution's down to appear on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

A Prince of Persia game for Wii and 3DS is also mentioned. Could it be a new game, or is it the downloadable Prince of Persia port that was released for WiiWare and the 3DS Virtual Console last month?

A game called Just Dance Final Party is listed for Wii, PlayStation Move and Xbox 360 as well. And what a dramatic name - do we take this to mean Final Party will be the last Just Dance game from Ubisoft?

We doubt it.

We've reproduced the full (and as yet unconfirmed) Ubisoft slate below. Curiously, there's no mention of Rayman Origins, which is scheduled to launch on PlayStation Vita next week.
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
Far Cry 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
I Am Alive (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online (Microsoft Windows, Wii U)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
Prince of Persia (Wii, 3DS)
Assassin's Creed 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Microsoft Windows)
Just Dance Final Party (Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation Move)

SOURCE:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-14-assassins-creed-3-splinter-cell-retribution-coming-this-year

kalo.yanis
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I think we pretty much know about AC3. As for Splinter Cell - I couldn't care less.

EscoBlades
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Turns out nothing has actually been announced yet, as i've reported in my article! (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/14/ubisoft-2012-release-lineup-posted-confirms-already-known-details/)

Note, i'm not saying those titles aren't coming out, i'm just saying that Gameranx can't have received a schedule as nothing had been officially sent out. Of course, that doesn't rule out a leak :P

j0kay
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Beside AC3, i am really looking forward to the new Splinter Cell. Would have loved to see a new Prince of Persia (sequel of 08).
Let's hope for a better Singleplayer and a multiplayer without bugs!

eagleforlife1
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Why isn't the PS Vita game listed there though?

EscoBlades
02-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Why isn't the PS Vita game listed there though?

Like i said in my article, that wasn't an official release. In fact....Gameranx made a load of that up.

LightRey
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Like i said in my article, that wasn't an official release. In fact....Gameranx made a load of that up.

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

rileypoole1234
02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
The only ones I care about are AC3 and Far Cary 3.

The13Doctors
02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Wuht? Wii U hasn't even been officially announced, much less at E3.

Splinter Cell, out of recent games I've played Conviction only and I liked it so if Retribution comes out I'll give it a try.

Wii U isn't even confirmed, well it's existence is because of the leak and the teaser of the controller but not an official unveiling of it.

LightRey
02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Wuht? Wii U hasn't even been officially announced, much less at E3.

Splinter Cell, out of recent games I've played Conviction only and I liked it so if Retribution comes out I'll give it a try.

Wii U isn't even confirmed, well it's existence is because of the leak and the teaser of the controller but not an official unveiling of it.

Eh, yes it was. People even got to use it.

The13Doctors
02-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Wait what? When? The Wii U was leaked a few months after E3, I actually saw this year's show, all conferences, I never saw it.

This is the first I hear of this.

gamertam
02-15-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to ACIII and Splinter Cell: Retribution out of the lineup. However, i'm a bit concern with SC:R. Why? because, if you all remember Conviction was delay and delay until it was set in stone for the released date. So, hopefully Retribution needn't set in stone date and release as schedule.

LightRey
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Wait what? When? The Wii U was leaked a few months after E3, I actually saw this year's show, all conferences, I never saw it.

This is the first I hear of this.

Not sure what it was, but it was some sort of event (not E3). People got to play with it 'n stuff.

Kavulus
02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Not sure what it was, but it was some sort of event (not E3). People got to play with it 'n stuff.

It was unveiled and playable at E3. It was also playable at CES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXU1H90BWyA

LightRey
02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
It was unveiled and playable at E3. It was also playable at CES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXU1H90BWyA

Hmm, then maybe it was E3 after all. Anyways, there you have it.

FilipinoNinja67
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
I saw this list on the splinter cell conviction forums yesterday... Pretty awesome and i hope that splinter cell retribution will bring "retribution" (oh ho ho see what i did there!?) To the series because conviction was just spit in our faces... AC3 we all pretty much knew it was coming out but its cool to see verification (even if it hasnt been confirmed) about it.