PDA

View Full Version : New SP DLC Achievements?

Subject J80
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357102

Anyone know any info on new SP DLC? Looks like Templar stuff.........

misterB2001
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Whoa! A River Styx achievement, wtf?

the mythological river that separated the land of the living from the land of the dead.....

EscoBlades
02-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Saw that earlier and had put it up on XGZ

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/02/14/new-assassins-creed-revelations-story-dlc-achievements-outed/

Sounds like Sp DLC stuff to me. Nice spot :D

Assassin_M
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Subject 16
and it sounds like it would be in a different forms, including the Desmond story missions..

misterB2001
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
If so it sounds rather exciting!

tarrero
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Sounds like SP DLC indeed, pretty much completing those two desmond platforming sections, but I HOPE there is more than just that.
And something I noticed:

SPOILERS AHEAD

Cross River styx without dying, well on the greek myth thats the river of the dead, finding you know who, right?

AntiChrist7
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
sweet, cant wait for new SP dlc

Dejan507
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
tarrero, I'm sure it said "Cross river Styx without failing"
Since to actually be near river Styx would imply the person is already dead...
I wonder what will they make out of this, sounds super cool!

Subject J80
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Hopefully we will get an official annoucement soon............

AntiChrist7
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
that "land on a block" refers to some sort of desmond sequence i think

LightRey
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
My guess is that the "crossing the river styx" part is referring to S16 cheating death.

D.I.D.
02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
My guess is that the "crossing the river styx" part is referring to S16 cheating death.

Good thinking :)

PluralAces
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Looks that way...unfortunately it looks like there will be another desmond sequence too...not looking forward to that

zStrictStyle
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Hopefully it will not be those lame first person platforming puzzles.

eagleforlife1
02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
^This.

LightRey
02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Hopefully it will not be those lame first person platforming puzzles.

I wouldn't mind it if it were. I liked the change of pace and they don't take very long to complete. I would like it if they were made a little more interactive though.

T0rm3nta777
02-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Not really a surprise, if you 100% everything in the game... (I can confirm this, as I have finished the game twice now) scroll all the way to the right to additional memories, it stays incomplete even though you have completed all the memory fragments. I'm so buying this... even if it is $10....

LightRey
02-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Not really a surprise, if you 100% everything in the game... (I can confirm this, as I have finished the game twice now) scroll all the way to the right to additional memories, it stays incomplete even though you have completed all the memory fragments. I'm so buying this... even if it is $10....

I can confirm this as well, btw.

zStrictStyle
02-14-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8 Look at it again.I want to know where this part of Animus island is.

LightRey
02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8 Look at it again.I want to know where this part of Animus island is.

They simply changed the design. They're not going to add an entire part of Animus Island for DLC.

kriegerdesgottes
02-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice find. I'm sure we will be hearing about this in the very very near future considering Ubisoft typically releases the first piece of DLC in March and we are now in mid February so I'd expect an announcement any day now especially considering this has now leaked. Thanks for the post :)

misterB2001
02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Nice find. I'm sure we will be hearing about this in the very very near future considering Ubisoft typically releases the first piece of DLC in March and we are not in mid February so I'd expect an announcement any day now especially considering this has now leaked. Thanks for the post :)yep, they announced the da vinci disappearance around the 16th of Feb last year, so expect news sometime soon.

zStrictStyle
02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
They simply changed the design. They're not going to add an entire part of Animus Island for DLC.

I last saw this video a few months before the game came out,and I thought the other five memory gates would be around it. just right now.

zStrictStyle
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
And wait.They can create whatever they want.They did that in ACB.The Animus Island isn`t that that big you know..

LightRey
02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
And wait.They can create whatever they want.They did that in ACB.The Animus Island isn`t that that big you know..

It wouldn't make sense story-wise. Besides, there are 2 suspicious gates that mysteriously got repaired when Animus Island was reconstructed. Also, as you can see from the date, The trailer was released 5 months before the release of ACR.

notafanboy
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
it is good to see some sp DLC but more Desmond/animus crap ?,:mad:

kriegerdesgottes
02-14-2012, 08:29 PM
it is good to see some sp DLC but more Desmond/animus crap ?,:mad:

Yeah maybe they listened to our complaints and they won't make it as awful as it was in the game. Maybe they will be actual memories and not just Desmond talking about stuff that we mostly already knew or that is irrelevant to the story.

rob.davies2014
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
The induction leap of faith might refer to Clay, who was inducted into the order and we suspect he'll feature heavily in this DLC.
The "land on a block" and "River Styx" inlay there'll be more of those weird Desmond memories, although I suspect this time they may be Clay's.
Cross the River Styx reminds me of the river in Desmond's second sequence, after he escaped home.
I think it'll be Desmond viewing Clay's memories of his time at Abstergo, hence the "impress Warren Vidic" achievement.

dxsxhxcx
02-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah maybe they listened to our complaints and they won't make it as awful as it was in the game. Maybe they will be actual memories and not just Desmond talking about stuff that we mostly already knew or that is irrelevant to the story.

"Land on a block after falling more than 25 meters" - this achievement looks a lot like something that could happen in those 1st person missions... I don't think we'll be seeing the memories like we do with the ancestors... =/

The13Doctors
02-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey who knows, we haven't had an Animus Island before and there may be something linking a new location? Although it's more likely we use the other pillars that are there... how didn't we notice this before!

"Land on a block after falling more than 25 meters" - this achievement looks a lot like something that could happen in those 1st person missions... I don't think we'll be seeing the memories like we do with the ancestors... =/

Don't you think it's more likely they do both?

LightRey
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey who knows, we haven't had an Animus Island before and there may be something linking a new location? Although it's more likely we use the other pillars that are there... how didn't we notice this before!

Don't you think it's more likely they do both?

Well I would once again point out that the trailer came out 5 months before the game's release (when it wasn't even finished yet) and it was a trailer for the main game, not DLC.

The13Doctors
02-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Well I would once again point out that the trailer came out 5 months before the game's release (when it wasn't even finished yet) and it was a trailer for the main game, not DLC.

Normally I'd agree but everything was different, completely. Maybe it is a teaser of the DLC, us not having the game we wouldn't know the wiser and after playing I forgot about it. Others probably did too.

But it's in the realm of possibility and likelihood that you are right, Bungie didn't go Gold until a month before Launch with Reach.

zStrictStyle
02-14-2012, 11:35 PM
The induction leap of faith might refer to Clay, who was inducted into the order and we suspect he'll feature heavily in this DLC.
The "land on a block" and "River Styx" inlay there'll be more of those weird Desmond memories, although I suspect this time they may be Clay's.
Cross the River Styx reminds me of the river in Desmond's second sequence, after he escaped home.
I think it'll be Desmond viewing Clay's memories of his time at Abstergo, hence the "impress Warren Vidic" achievement.

Before the release there was an achievment called"Reach New York".

LightRey
02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Normally I'd agree but everything was different, completely. Maybe it is a teaser of the DLC, us not having the game we wouldn't know the wiser and after playing I forgot about it. Others probably did too.

But it's in the realm of possibility and likelihood that you are right, Bungie didn't go Gold until a month before Launch with Reach.

It really wasn't. Half the stuff in the trailer was just stuff from Desmond's Journey and the rest was just a different design of Animus Island.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-15-2012, 12:00 AM

The only way that would make sense is if those 3 pillars at the center with that one pillar floating above teleports you to that wierd location(that is if the dlc turns it into a portal thingy) in the trailer ....which is cleary biased speculation but other than that i believe that the trailer just showed you the concept of desmond's journey so they don't spoil anything...

The13Doctors
02-15-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm not referring to the hill, that hill is the same one we see already in game, I am solely referring to the gameplay parts in Desmond's Journey.

JumpInTheFire13
02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
"Cross Styx without dying" doesn't sound like a legit name for a trophy/achievement.

EscoBlades
02-15-2012, 12:44 AM
"Cross Styx without dying" doesn't sound like a legit name for a trophy/achievement.

I've played games with weirder sounding achievements. Also, Trueachievements don't list achievements on their site unless certified from an MS source. x360A did the same earlier today. It is legit.

BuLLeTs_N_BL00D
02-15-2012, 01:36 AM
tarrero, I'm sure it said "Cross river Styx without failing"
Since to actually be near river Styx would imply the person is already dead...
I wonder what will they make out of this, sounds super cool!

In Embers, Ezio dies... so maybe you play as him after death

Vex_Assassin
02-15-2012, 01:48 AM
"Save yourself" and "Cross styx without dying" reminds me of the Desmond Sequences. Maybe it's just achievements they are adding for the actual game and not the DLC?

twenty_glyphs
02-15-2012, 01:56 AM
These achievements all sound like they revolve around Subject 16 to me. I would not be surprised if they are his memories from his time with the Assassins, through his capture and imprisonment at Abstergo until his death, and even after. Crossing the River Styx really sounds like something Subject 16 would do on his way to the "afterlife". A lot of my opinions are based on my limited knowledge of the leaked audio.

GLHS
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree. The leaked audio paired with those 2 repaired pillars equals this. Super stoked!

stefman6987
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
i doubt it will be the first person desmond sequences, what more could they add to it.. i recon it will be those 2 pillars but it will be exactly what the leaked audio has told us, most likely get to play as clay ( maybe he uploaded his memories in the animus so only desmond can view them just like the glyphs ) look at the achievements "impress warren vidic" in the audio SPOILERS clay was talking to vidic heaps.. SPOILER ENDS. Reach the animus memo... maybe the moment when 16 left the glyphs? just suggestion...

tarrero
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
What /where is that audio you are talking about?

SixKeys
02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
What /where is that audio you are talking about?

It was posted on YouTube about a month ago. All the links have now been taken down, although some people still have the transcripts.

tarrero
02-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Interesting!

Any little info on what it was about?

zStrictStyle
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I watched it back then.It was about 10 minutes and then it kept repeating itself.

zStrictStyle
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Interesting!

Any little info on what it was about?

It was about Clay and Bell taking about a mission and about Lucy. Warren Vidic talks about his test subjects.

PluralAces
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
The developers at Ubisoft have really lost focus at this point with Assassins Creed, once ACB came about and they took their focus off of the story to focus on other areas, the results have been mixed.

Now I dont know how Ubisoft doesnt know this...but the first-person Desmond animus sequences imo were one of the least favorite parts of the single-player campaign. I am sure many people feel the same way. And nwo they are releasing more of this? We already freed Desmond out of the Animus, how can there be possibly more to this? More single-player Ezio would have been fine, but to introduce another animus sequence when it doesnt fit and is not liked clearly shows Ubisoft has lost focus.

On a side note, I expect Assassins Creed 3 to be a first person shooter at this point (with guns, care packages and using shotguns from inside of haybales when an enemy comes close) *sigh*

fcederberg
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
maybe the DLC has something with Lucy to do? what do you think?

mustangmaniak20
02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
Yep, were probably gonna find out that she was actually doing an undercover-undercover job. I.E. she was a templar trained to infiltrate the assassin orde and gain trustr.
!!!!SPOLERS!!!!

ElDoucherino
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
The developers at Ubisoft have really lost focus at this point with Assassins Creed, once ACB came about and they took their focus off of the story to focus on other areas, the results have been mixed.

Now I dont know how Ubisoft doesnt know this...but the first-person Desmond animus sequences imo were one of the least favorite parts of the single-player campaign. I am sure many people feel the same way. And nwo they are releasing more of this? We already freed Desmond out of the Animus, how can there be possibly more to this? More single-player Ezio would have been fine, but to introduce another animus sequence when it doesnt fit and is not liked clearly shows Ubisoft has lost focus.

On a side note, I expect Assassins Creed 3 to be a first person shooter at this point (with guns, care packages and using shotguns from inside of haybales when an enemy comes close) *sigh*

Don't really know what you are talking about but how can you bash on the story? ACB story wasn't that rich for obvious reason (they clearly didn't want to give the players all the answers by now and keep these for the last and final chapter i Desmonds story) but it was anything but bad. And speak for yourself in you opinion on the first player sequences of the game. I found them enjoyable and quite refreshing from the other parts of the game. And last I checked they weren't mandatory. Ever stop to think that these may be Clay sequences and not Desmond?

I don't even gonna comment on the last bit of your post seeing as it was clearly a joke. Hopefully.

TheSpong
02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
The last thing I want as single-player DLC is more sequences in the style of the God-awful Desmond's Journeys. Seriously Ubi, if that's what you have in store for people like me who care not one bit about the multiplayer, then I am truly insulted. Since you started ripping off The Matrix, I don't care that much for the story any more either to be honest. AC is all about the gameplay now, gameplay that, until Revelations, was largely faultless. And now there's the chance that you're going to serve up and expect me to pay for what was easily one of the worst aspects of Revelations. Why don't you go the whole hog and try and sell me extra Den Defence missions?

The thought that the woefully empty single-player side of Revelations is to be padded by this rubbish is, frankly, disgusting.

zStrictStyle
02-16-2012, 05:06 PM
They maybe tweaked.

lukaszep
02-16-2012, 05:33 PM
From the sounds of the achievements, there could be some 3rd person game play in the DLC as well as 1st person.

eagleforlife1
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
From the sounds of the achievements, there could be some 3rd person game play in the DLC as well as 1st person.

I really hope so mate.

twenty_glyphs
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I've noticed that there has been a "Season Pass" for the PC version of Revelations available for sale at GameStop:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/assassins-creed-revelations-season-pass/98570

It's supposed to give you access to all of the Revelations DLC at 20% off the full price, and it costs $22.99. Doing the math, that would mean the original price of all the DLC is $28.74. That seems like an odd price, so let's just even it out to $29. Subtract $4 for the Ancestors DLC and $10 for the map pack, and you're left with $15. So there's a chance the new DLC will either cost $15, or there are combinations of remaining DLC that costs $15. I'm betting on the singleplayer DLC being a large package of content for $15.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

Also, the achievement list now shows the 2 Secret Achievements:

The Loop (25): Experience the loop
Breaking the Loop (50): Break the loop, escape the cycle

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-revelations/achievements/

Both achievements show the Infinity symbol, the second one with it being broken. I wonder if Subject 16 broke out of some kind of loop by killing himself...

swiftkinfe
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Break the loop?

Didn't 16 experience a total collapse of his ancestors genetic memory? As he told Desmond the ancestors would cave in on one another? This opens the possibilitys of multiple diffrent ancestors we could see briefly. We may not play as them but if we do who knows it could be pretty cool.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Break the loop?

Didn't 16 experience a total collapse of his ancestors genetic memory? As he told Desmond the ancestors would cave in on one another? This opens the possibilitys of multiple diffrent ancestors we could see briefly. We may not play as them but if we do who knows it could be pretty cool.
its cool but it is unlikely..i doubt he would program useless stuff in the animus...especially since nothing thus far has been useless but cool idea if we saw his mind collapse and briefly see the environment mutate infront of his eyes as he goes into that bleeding effect trip....

zStrictStyle
02-17-2012, 08:32 AM
All things come to whom who wait...

eagleforlife1
02-17-2012, 09:16 AM

I think it's good things come to those who wait lol.

dxsxhxcx
02-17-2012, 11:25 AM

it's not because the DLC will arrive after we finished the game a thousand times that this mean that its events need to happen after the end of the game, once you install the DLC they'll follow the chronological order of the events in the game, Desmond Journey was part of his experience inside the black room, so they are meant to be played while Desmond is inside the black room (before he achieve the Sync Nexus)... and if Desmond's 1st person missions don't fit, why Ezio's missions would fit?! He (Desmond) already achieved the Sync Nexus, meaning that Ezio already showed him everything he must see about his life, so according to what you say, it wouldn't make sense to have more missions with Ezio because according to the game if we were able to achieve the Sync Nexus, this means there's nothing more to show about him...

and don't get me wrong, I hate those 1st person missions as much as you do, but say that they don't fit in the game just because you don't like them is wrong....

Crazy Vengeance
02-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Boys and girls,

There's perfect flow to the achievements: possible *SPOILERS*

Meet your maker - basically means you die
Cross STYX - I'd think you escape death here, as Charon carries you over to the land of dead, so if you need to cross it by yourself it is most likely coming back from the dead

*SPOILERS*

The Loop - most likely you get stuck in the whole die/resurect cycle
Breaking the Loop - you either remain dead or come back

tarrero
02-17-2012, 03:31 PM
SPOILERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though Desmond achieved Nexus with Ezio, but there is still a way in which we can see other memories: Through sixteen, they do share Ezio as a common ancestor, so who knows.....

And about the meaning ot the trophies, I think about two possibilites:

Find out about lucy and why she had to die
Or that some of sixteen´s story will be shown...

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by zStrictStyle http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/UbiTheme/****ons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8144689#post8144689)

I think it's good things come to those who wait lol.

http://images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=2446592&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=typos give me diarrhea&text1= Couldn't get the suit off in time&text2=&text3=

pacmanate
02-17-2012, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't mind it if it were. I liked the change of pace and they don't take very long to complete. I would like it if they were made a little more interactive though.

the "they don't take long to complete" is exactly why it's not worth $15

LightRey
02-17-2012, 09:34 PM
the "they don't take long to complete" is exactly why it's not worth $15

You're assuming that these will take equally long.

pacmanate
02-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Well I don't see why they would change the format

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Well I don't see why they would change the format

I do. First of all they're SP DLC and if the length of its predecessors are anything to go on they'll be at least as long as the entire Desmond's Journey. Second, one of them isn't even regarding Desmond, but S16. That alone is enough reason to change the format.