PDA

View Full Version : How do you step off a ledge, PLEASE HELP

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
How do you step off a ledge like hired thieves do and fall atraigh down like you do for a small fall when running at it even if it is say a two story building, I do no how do do it, I saw it in the official game guide by sprinting at a ledge and then releasing the legs buton, but I have never got the timing right, don't post stupid stuff like fast walk off the ledge which doent work. If u could help it would be greatly appreciated

Acrimonious_Nin
02-14-2012, 01:22 AM
practice its just like you said timing is key...

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the reply but that's the thing iv never managed to do it, I have no idea of where to release , I don't no where to start and so even when I try for ages I can't because I don't even have an idea of the general area I should be in when I release A. Is there any tip you can give or something, how close should I be when I release A

Acrimonious_Nin
02-14-2012, 01:44 AM
hmm if you are talking about sprinting to a ledge and at the very moment of the edge(without accidentally tapping A twice) you release IF there is anything under it close by you should drop straight down and it should be released roughly when your about to jump off the edge...but from 2 stories..but it possibly harder in AC:R ...since they tweek'd the mechanics of free running a bit..but you still be able to doit

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Sorry that was very confusing when should I release A

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Just as he is making the jump or as he reaches the ledge

Acrimonious_Nin
02-14-2012, 02:27 AM
wait is that even possible cause i am trying it now and it doesn't seem to work ?!? are you sure you can do that? i know that if your sprinting and press B you can hook to the roof instead of dropping but i just tried it and it did not work it only works on small drops not big ones that against the games mechanics...but try this when you get to the ledge and ezio looks down(forward on the thumbstick and R****on ) then press B while holding the other ****ons if the ground is close enough he will drop but ...idk about what you were trying before

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 02:53 AM
No no u can drop from high buildings it's in the game guide and people can do it I'm sure it's possible

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
I want to do the small drop move from a big drop if ur confused

JumpInTheFire13
02-14-2012, 05:07 AM
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with timing. If you just run at it (hold the high profile ****on but not the legs ****on) you will drop off. It can't be too high of a ledge though. It isn't that difficult people.

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Did u even read Wat was said abov, I no how to fall off a small fall I want to no how to do that for a big fall

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Have u even read Wat was said above, I no how to step off if its a small fall I want to learn how to do it for a big fall, do u get it now

GLHS
02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
You can't. He'll automatically grab the ledge.

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 09:48 AM
I no that but it can be done, I have multiple people who no how to do it and I have seen it described and even had the ****ons shown in the AC R official game guide, it can be done is there anyone who actually nos what the timing should be?

wolfy000
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
No offence i am grateful people are trying to help but can u only contribute if you have a method that actually works, dont say it cant be done because it can, its in the official game guide it says to let go of the legs ****on as you reach a ledge, the only trouble i have is the timing, and for those who didnt read wat was said above i am trying to learn how to step off a building and fall straight down, the same result as when you run off something if it has a small drop, but i want to be able to do it for any ledge regardless of its height from the ground so with things as clear as i can make them does anyone no how to step off a high building and fall straight down. Any real answers that help me would be much appreciated

GLHS
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
So if you know multiple people that know how to do it, why don't you just ask one of them? I'm pretty positive that you're reading too much into it, b/c it can't be done. I'm sorry to tell you. The only thing I can think of is look for some vids on youtube of gameplay or go replay the advanced free running techniques virtual training in AC:B. That shows you everything you need to know about free-running, and none of the mechanics have changed in AC:R. The reason it can't be done from a higher up ledge is to prevent you from just falling off and dying or getting hurt. Any ledge above a certain height works that way. I don't really understand why you want to do this anyway or why it's so important. Just jump off. What's the big deal?

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Na iv looked on the Internet and YouTube and neither have it under obvious titles nothing, it's a big deal cause I'm a huge fan and it would be really usefull, the whole reason I want to learn how to do it is cause jumping off obviously isn't always ideal, and if I could have asked those people who no how to do it I would have but they(my. Cousins) live in Ierland and they only mentioned it as I was leaving from the airport, so thanks but if u can't help me I'm not sure y ur still on this thread it just doesn't help telling me that's it's not a big deal and that it can't be done its in an official game guide that's saying something

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 01:56 AM
And the training in ACB doesn't teach u how to do a free run drop it teaches u to jump early and that is not a straight drop, if u don't have a method ur not really helping

The13Doctors
02-15-2012, 02:29 AM
It doesn't exist! Stop bumping this thread saying to not post if you aren't helping, it can only be done from low points, when Ezio did it in the cinematic trailer for Assassin's Creed 2 it was simply for effect, it isn't possible to do it straight forward from a high ledge! You can do it from a low ledge, by hanging off a ledge, or by launching yourself forward, if you don't want to believe it then just spend your time in game instead of telling everyone they aren't helping.

Before you direct the same thing to me, I know I'm not helping, or well I can be if you just listen to my advice and stop worrying about it, everyone is saying the same thing, it can't be done.

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Well to be fair I started this thread I think I should be able to say that, look I no a lot of people are probably annoyed but I saw it in the PIGGY BACK ASSASSINS CREED REVELATIONS OFFICIAL GAME GUIDE, u may not think it works and that's fine but I'm almost sure it does, it's in a game guide. I'm am genuinely sorry if this is frustrating peope but I'm going to continue trying to learn how, further evidence is Assassins creed bloodlines which is very similar to AC 1 it's not an iPod game or something, in that you can perform the free run drop so u have to admit there are some strong arguments that suggest it can be done

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Look I really like AC and regardless of Wat u say I WILL worry about it so it will be better off if I just wait it out and see if anyone nos how, there were even some forum users who knew how to do it but since he forum hanged I can't find them

Acrimonious_Nin
02-15-2012, 04:39 AM
if there are people walking below you press R and B and you will jump on them??? i think that is the only way cause i checked the guide and there is nothing on there about what you have brought up....can you send scan photos of those pages? if they exist?

The13Doctors
02-15-2012, 04:57 AM
What's the point of this thread, nobody here is helping you here. Everyone is saying it isn't possible to walk from height, only from a lower distance which is what the manual refers to, if you don't believe us then just follow what the manual says and stop bumping this. It isn't getting anyone anywhere.

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah sure I'll try as soon as I get my guide back, and wt do u mean stop bumping the thread I started it I think I should be able to continue to ask If i think there is a good chance it works, that's the point of this thread. The only thing that will deter me is if this thread brings no answer, telling me it doesn't work is not going to convince me. can u read the forum instead of just telling me it doesn't work look il try and make my arguments as clear as possible

1 the game guide says release the legs ****on, it would be much easier to say run at it

2 the guide says that it is advanced method of free running and simply running isn't very advanced

3 the guide also says you need to release A as you reach the ledge and that is not nessecary when running of it

4 I no people and forum users who claim to be able to do it and I would have asked them as they actually knew how to do it but the forum changed and I can't find that conversation

GLHS
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
It's telling you how to do it from a lower height. You're not helping yourself by arguing with everybody.

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Didn't u read Wat was said above there is a lot of evidence that suggests that it's not from a small height, I'm gonna stop replying to this because people are abviously annoyed, no one actually now how to do it, and none of u seem to be taking into account wt iv said iv had to repeat even the move I'm refering to like 3 or 4 times. I hope someone can reply properly to this thread in the future but u are right this isn't working, I'm not getting anywhere and none of u no how to do it, thanks for those who were trying to help me no thanks to all he people who just insisted it didn't work and didnt even suggest anything, and sorry i have frustrated and annoyed u all

JumpInTheFire13
02-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Na iv looked on the Internet and YouTube and neither have it under obvious titles nothing, it's a big deal cause I'm a huge fan and it would be really usefull, the whole reason I want to learn how to do it is cause jumping off obviously isn't always ideal, and if I could have asked those people who no how to do it I would have but they(my. Cousins) live in Ierland and they only mentioned it as I was leaving from the airport, so thanks but if u can't help me I'm not sure y ur still on this thread it just doesn't help telling me that's it's not a big deal and that it can't be done its in an official game guide that's saying something

Do you mean the guide for ACR? I have it right here, and all it says is: "To drop to a lower level without jumping while free running, hold the High Profile ****on only." And if the last thing you say to your cousins when saying good bye to them is about some non existent ability in AC, your family has issues. Sorry, it's the truth.

*EDIT* After reading everything that was posted after the post that I quoted, I have a few more things to say:

1. I own the guide as well, and as soon as you have access to it I want you to give me a page number of where the guide says you can do the specified maneuver.
2. The only thing that has "frustrated" me is your spelling. Your terrible, terrible spelling.

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Okay BasalCone50181 I am officially retracting my previous statements. I shall not apologize but I was wrong.

It took me about 2 minutes to get it done. It does work. I did it on my second try. It does work, you just need good timing. You have to hold High Profile and Legs, run towards a ledge (you need some running space). at the edge of the ledge (sometimes displayed by the design or most notably at the point where pigeons/hay is on the roofs), let go of Legs. At that point Ezio will walk forward and fall straight down.

I have already gotten quite good at it and it's been 5 minutes, I'll record a video and upload it soon. I guess this was the reason for having hay patches on the edges of roofs where there are no haystacks underneath, to indicate where to let go.

wolfy000
02-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Ok sorry about the spelling it's all been don from my phone, and it wasn't the last thing we said but we were at the airport for hours but obviously they couldn't show me how to do it besides we see each other every term holiday

wolfy000
02-16-2012, 08:56 AM
O thanks so much release when i get to the pigeons and hay, where can I find the video, also once again sorry for frustrating you

wolfy000
02-16-2012, 09:21 AM
By the way look on page 131, look for free run drop, it says u need to release A when u get to the ledge also try doing it when u reach one of those hay and pigeon spots that don't have hay bales underneath them apparently that's the point ur meant to let go of but keep running

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
O thanks so much release when i get to the pigeons and hay, where can I find the video, also once again sorry for frustrating you
No need to apologize to anyone. Being hard headed is good. One shouldn't be so quick to give up anyways, I admire that actually :cool:

You never have to apologize for anything, apologizing is sign of regret, My motto, "Regret Nothing."
Anyways, I'll upload the video here. I don't have the manual anymore since I sold my Xbox Copy but I'll upload a video of it (PC version) and link it here. I went to sleep after my last point when I decided to try it. Here's a suggestion, try it where I did. At the entrance of the Grand Bazaar, in the section where Piri Reis is at, on the entrance to the actual Bazaar hallway, climb the entrance (through the side or something) and practice dropping down over the entrance, plenty of room to run towards it. There's a guard but you can kill it with a poison needle or gun, or if you have it crossbow.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
So how far up was this ledge and how hurt did you get when you fell?

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM
So how far up was this ledge and how hurt did you get when you fell?

Don't worry I double checked, I made sure you couldn't fall normally, it's from the roof of the Bazaar to the ground and while I didn't get hurt, Ezio did make the hurt noise of just before he loses health. I'm up and active now, I'll record it ASAP. I'll have it up in about 20. Gotta Convert it for Youtube then upload it, l've got fast internet so that should take minutes, the conversion takes about 10 minutes though. Brb.

Also, it had the smoke around Ezio and he like punched the ground, just like in the Cinematic Trailer from Assassin's Creed 2, it was pretty cool.

On the way to the Bazaar I tried it off a High roof, it works anywhere, I lost two health bars, I'm currently converting it.

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9TzFNKu9k&feature=youtu.be
Here you go. In the video, pause it just before the edge, notice that most roofs are tiled, use the final two layers of tiles as a reference.

GLHS
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Hmmm....you should try it off a super high ledge and see if he dies lol. I just find it funny b/c him grabbing the ledge is supposed to be a helping mechanism so you don't get hurt from falling too high.

wolfy000
02-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Its so annoying, no matter what i do or what game i try it in i can never seem to do it, despite all the helpful tips, notice not one person in any of the videos ever say when they release the legs ****on they just do it

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Its so annoying, no matter what i do or what game i try it in i can never seem to do it, despite all the helpful tips, notice not one person in any of the videos ever say when they release the legs ****on they just do it

They are all my videos, I explained it in the descriptions in the other thread and look at the last video on the green roof. That design. What else do you want? Really, what? I'm bored and feel like helping.

I explained exactly how to do it...

LightRey
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM

You could always play the freerun tutorial in ACB's Virtual Training.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
You could always play the freerun tutorial in ACB's Virtual Training.

When was that there? I played through all of them and never even saw the move. I just learned about it from this thread and learned it while testing OP's method. .

LightRey
02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
When was that there? I played through all of them and never even saw the move. I just learned about it from this thread and learned it while testing OP's method. .

It's the very first one if I'm not mistaken.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fskw4IJwjL8&feature=youtu.be

Okay it's working now in 720p

Acrimonious_Nin
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
a tad off topic but since when is the guy from gladiator an assassins lol? This is the hardest thing to do in brotherhood but nice video WITH an explanation lol

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 09:04 PM
a tad off topic but since when is the guy from gladiator an assassins lol? This is the hardest thing to do in brotherhood but nice video WITH an explanation lol

lol thanks, also huh? What gladiator?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Maximus Decimus Meridius that dude in the middel of your sig. the guy who was never in an ac game lmao XD

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Maximus Decimus Meridius that dude in the middel of your sig. the guy who was never in an ac game lmao XD

Ah yes, many of them aren't in the games, but he was an Assassin, from Rome.