PDA

View Full Version : Please help

wolfy000
02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
How do you step off a roof and fall pretty much straight downwards like hired thieves do, technically I no how to do it, by sprinting at the ledge and then releasing the legs ****on (a or x) I saw this in the official game guide but iv never managed to do it, could u pls help

B_Crispino
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
you can run without sprinting, this will make you fall instead of jump. unless its a big fall, in that case you'll stop at the edge of the roof. in ac:b theres a pretty good tutorial that teaches how to do it

Limed_-
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
fast walk off the edge

wolfy000
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Wait I'm confused u no how u step off a ledge if it's a small fall, I want to be able to do that for any ledge, I don't mean hang from it but actually step off like its a small fall even if it is a two story building just so we on the same page, if we are wats this tutorial u mentioned and how do I access it

wolfy000
02-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Fast walk has never worked for me u just look down off the ledge, umm are u sure that works for u

Limed_-
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Fast walk has never worked for me u just look down off the ledge, umm are u sure that works for u

works in multiplayer

Dralight
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
works in multiplayer

Free running & such in multiplayer works a little differently though, fast walking off doesn't work in singleplayer.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-14-2012, 11:29 PM
you can not doit it does not work :D

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 01:14 AM
It works, if u can't help thank you for trying but well there no point if u can't help me

wolfy000
02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Dralight, guy who posted his utube Channel, umm wats that for, because if that has how to do it I don't no where to search

T0rm3nta777
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
@BasalCone, fire up your copy of ACR, I assume you wanna do this in multiplayer... go into training grounds, pick a map with some decent roof on roof action... Mont St Micheal or Galata comes to mind. (or imperial district if you have the mappack), head for the first proper roof you see and king kong that sh*t...(forget your target, he is derping somewhere in a blend group.)

Try the following (this works on ps3.... someone can correct me on the naming of the XB ****ons)

Setup: Stand on the arch of the roof and move towards the edge in one of the three following ways.

1. Hold the R1/RB (the one you use to go into jog/high profile) and just bail straight off the edge... you will literally just drop straight off, and land about 8-10 feet from where the floor meets the building (the one you just jumped off)

2. Hold X / A to do the same, only you land closer, give or take 6-8 feet from the building. (also has the advantage of not dropping your detection meter as much)

3. If you wanna land right next to the building. and I mean like a foot away, then you here's what you do. Use the R1/RT method described above, but just before you hit the edge of the roof, hold the Circle/B ****on, your character should flip around and grab hold of the edge, now quickly tap Circle/B and you should drop straight down. so (RT+B -> tap B -> drop like a rock.)

If you don't have a copy of ACB... borrow one from a friend, and go through the VR training... You'll free-run like a boss after that.

Free-running opens up whole new ways of killing your targets and evading your pursuers, its an essential part of the game.

Oh and in your response to Dralight, thats his channel. the ac community is massive, you've probably played against people from ALMOST every developed country on earth. Have a look at his and other videos, they'll teach you about strategies for different game modes, how to handle specific types of pursuers or targets, all just by watching videos other people put up.

Good luck! Hope you figure it out.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-15-2012, 04:48 AM
when bread becomes toast..eat at your own discretion

wolfy000
02-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Thanks for that, ur one of the few people that have given a proper reply, but um I'm actually trying to learn how to do it in single player. and the VR in brotherhood iv got a gold for everything but doesn't actually teach you how to do a free run drop for a big fall at least as far as i no it only teaches you how to drop off for a small fall and to jump prematurely, do u no how to do IT in single payer