PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations - Bombs

The13Doctors
02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
How do you use bombs in Assassin's Creed Revelations? We each have different game styles, what's yours?

For overall usage I use bombs a lot, it's a main part of my gameplay. For on the go usage I use these.

Lethal:

Shrapnel
Arabic Gunpowder
Fuse Shell

Tactical:

Phosphorous
British Gunpowder
Impact Shell

Diversion:

Sulfur
Arabic Gunpowder
Fuse Shell

I use it mainly for traveling around the world and basic missions.

As for infiltration and stealth missions such as getting the first Masyaf Key I have a different set of bombs.

Lethal:

Datura Powder
Arabic Gunpowder
Impact Shell

Tactical:

Phosphorous
Arabic Gunpowder
Impact Shell

Diversion:

Salt Of Petra
Indian Gunpowder
Impact Shell

As you can tell, I mainly use Arabic Gunpowder and Impact Shells for my bombs. I occasionally also use Impact Shrapnel bombs if a mission requires quick effective group kills/distractions.

What's your style?

SixKeys
02-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I forget which gunpowder does what, so I won't try to guess the names.

For lethal bombs, I usually just go with medium-sized explosion with impact shell and shrapnel.

For tactical it's medium-sized smoke bomb with impact shell.

For diversion it's small- or medium-radius fuse shell with sound decoy.

I almost never use lamb's blood, skun oil, caltrops or pyrite coins, I find them quite useless. Tripwire shells are only good for getting achievements as NPCs tend to wander over them and it's hard to find isolated guard spots. Sticky pouches can be fun for shenanigans but for some reason I have a hard time getting one to land directly on a guard.

Medium-size explosion is good for most situations, whether you need a diversion or to minimize the number of casualties. Fuse shells are only useful when you haven't been spotted yet so I only use them for decoy. Shrapnel kills every time so it's more reliable than thunder bombs. Poison is good for infiltration missions like the Yerebatan Cistern.

rednas3636
02-13-2012, 08:04 PM
you can also use fuse shells while you are fleeing
very nice before you're jumping from something x)

The13Doctors
02-14-2012, 09:32 PM
you can also use fuse shells while you are fleeing
very nice before you're jumping from something x)

yeah, I mostly use them for shrapnel bombs when I am right in front of an enemy and can't bother to deal with it, I plop down a shrapnel Fuse and run away.

Indian is the small explosion

Arabic is the medium explosion

British is the Large explosion