PDA

View Full Version : Constantinople In Revelations Is Reversed!

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I was on Deviantart minding my own business when I saw a cool picture of Istanbul on the main page randomly. It was taken from Galata Tower showing the city. I thought it was cool and decided to load up Revelations and go up to Galata Tower and take a similar shot, I instantly noticed it was different, I couldn't get the shot right of the angle of the Hagia Sophia, I couldn't understand why but in the end I settled for the shot. I uploaded the picture then proceeded to put them side by side in the browser and imagine my surprise when I see this.

http://i41.tinypic.com/vfld8w.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/kasrpv.jpg

Put them side by side (by opening them in new tabs, in case you didn't know how), In the game it is reversed, like a mirror.

On a separate note, anyone notice the water? Something's glitched up about my game (on PC) where the water looks like that, at all times. when you swim it has no effect and it's pitch black ocean that looks like a sky, any fix?

lukaszep
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
It isn't reversed.
What you're seeing in the photo is Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia. To the right of that, is the rest of the city (presumably).
Obviously it would be impossible (and historically inaccurate) to have the AC:R city of Istanbul to scale with the modern day Constantinople, and so it is condensed in game. The photo is just showing a small part of the city.

LightRey
02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
It isn't reversed.
What you're seeing in the photo is Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia. To the right of that, is the rest of the city (presumably).
Obviously it would be impossible (and historically inaccurate) to have the AC:R city of Istanbul to scale with the modern day Constantinople, and so it is condensed in game. The photo is just showing a small part of the city.

Exactly. Also, in reality the structures don't line up as neatly as in the games for similar reasons.

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
It isn't reversed.

I just re-analyzed, I didn't notice that the palace was to the left of the Hagia in the Revelations screenshot, I was thinking that it was that the palace was the area on the right, that's the Little Sophia right? Or whatever it was called?

I find it pretty cool how it still looks pretty much the same after 500 years, although I'd imagine Ubisoft mainly had pictures of modern Istanbul rather than Constantinople.Although I see the Golden Horn is gone, I can't see why. Although I assume it's because nowadays in warfare if someone invades it'd involved grand scale war, that and everything is organized into official worldwide groups. (Countries) So it isn't as simple in the past. Ah good times.

Nonetheless, it'd be a cool thing to look at.

Oh yeah and missiles can and probably did take care of that.