PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for hidden blade gadgets?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Heres a few of mine:

Grapple Hookblade: Updated version of the Hookblade. Enables the hookblade to shoot and grapple onto an object, allowing the person using the hookblade to shoot up onto the object (similar to the batgrapple from Batman).

Lockpick Blade: Similar to how the Hookblade is used to open a crafting table in AC Revelations, the Lockpick Blade can unlock a locked door making it easier for an assassin to reach his target.

Semi-Auto Hidden Pistol: Upgraded version of the current Hidden Pistol. Allows the shooter to fire 12 rounds before reloading more rounds, as opposed to the current single shot pistol.

What ideas do you have?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Hidden Laser Blade: made of pure ionic plasma allowing the wielder to cut through tungsten steel (and any carbon variant), and cuts through flesh smoothly

Limed_-
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Hidden Fork & Knife: Made of pure stainless steel, this extraordinary tool allows the wearer to enjoy a hearty feast.

D.I.D.
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Heres a few of mine:

Grapple Hookblade: Updated version of the Hookblade. Enables the hookblade to shoot and grapple onto an object, allowing the person using the hookblade to shoot up onto the object (similar to the batgrapple from Batman).

Lockpick Blade: Similar to how the Hookblade is used to open a crafting table in AC Revelations, the Lockpick Blade can unlock a locked door making it easier for an assassin to reach his target.

Semi-Auto Hidden Pistol: Upgraded version of the current Hidden Pistol. Allows the shooter to fire 12 rounds before reloading more rounds, as opposed to the current single shot pistol.

What ideas do you have?

For me, I'm praying for fewer gadgets. I know it's unlikely, but I'm a dreamer. Smoke bombs were great, but all the rest don't sit right with me. Neither does the hookblade - really puts my teeth on edge hearing "clang clang clang" all the time when climbing a wall. It's gone too far already where we've got several types of bombs, a crossbow, a pistol, a sword, a heavy weapon, a dagger, double hidden blades, poisonous hidden blades, poison darts, throwing knives, and the ability to call up half a dozen near-indestructible killers and/or what is effectively an airstrike of arrows. If, against all the odds, they take away almost all the armour, put the assassin in a suit, and minimise the weaponry, I will be very pleased.

I think we've all thought of the grappling hook before, but we don't really need it. If it gave us a rope to climb, that would be no different than the climbing ability we already have, and if it was mechanical then it would give us a ridiculous advantage in a chase which would break the game. I guess a semi-auto option on the pistol might be alright as long as the ammo doesn't go any higher than it is. That way you either stick to single shots with a gap, or you end up using all your ammo very quickly.

I do like the idea of picking locks though, and I hope we get more indoor missions involving infiltration. That was a really good part of Brotherhood, and it was a shame we didn't get that in Revelations.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Hidden poptart: for on the go assassins

dxsxhxcx
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
the hidden blade is good the way it's now, IMO they should even remove the hidden gun to make things a little different from Ezio's time, the hookblade should be removed too, because IMO that should be something exclusive of the Ottomans assassins and not the entire order...

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
the hidden blade is good the way it's now, IMO they should even remove the hidden gun to make things a little different from Ezio's time, the hookblade should be removed too, because IMO that should be something exclusive of the Ottomans assassins and not the entire order...
you have a point :D yea i agree with the fact that every time and place should have its own iconic way of representing how the assassins 'do their job' if you will.

kalo.yanis
02-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I quite liked Jun's hidden footblade from Embers.

itsamea-mario
02-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Hidden pez dispenser!!!

Acrimonious_Nin
02-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Hidden ipod: for motivation

Scystab
02-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Hidden pez dispenser!!!

now that would be a win. Where do i sign up for a preorder?

LightRey
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hidden motorcycle: for mobility.

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 01:40 PM
For me, I'm praying for fewer gadgets. I know it's unlikely, but I'm a dreamer. Smoke bombs were great, but all the rest don't sit right with me. Neither does the hookblade - really puts my teeth on edge hearing "clang clang clang" all the time when climbing a wall. It's gone too far already where we've got several types of bombs, a crossbow, a pistol, a sword, a heavy weapon, a dagger, double hidden blades, poisonous hidden blades, poison darts, throwing knives, and the ability to call up half a dozen near-indestructible killers and/or what is effectively an airstrike of arrows. If, against all the odds, they take away almost all the armour, put the assassin in a suit, and minimise the weaponry, I will be very pleased.

I think we've all thought of the grappling hook before, but we don't really need it. If it gave us a rope to climb, that would be no different than the climbing ability we already have, and if it was mechanical then it would give us a ridiculous advantage in a chase which would break the game. I guess a semi-auto option on the pistol might be alright as long as the ammo doesn't go any higher than it is. That way you either stick to single shots with a gap, or you end up using all your ammo very quickly.

I do like the idea of picking locks though, and I hope we get more indoor missions involving infiltration. That was a really good part of Brotherhood, and it was a shame we didn't get that in Revelations.

I believe you are looking for Splinter Cell, take the next right :).

But seriously you realize you don't have to use any of it.

I personally hope to keep the hookblade. It makes climbing a breathe and much better, in my recent playthrough of Brotherhood it's the thing I missed the most. Climbing takes quite long without it.

Back on topic; the hidden blade wiki page has a picture of something quite interesting, the Shock Blade, for not killing your opponents and instead stunning them? Also it makes mention of a Crossbow Bolt Launcher that Leonardo DaVinci once made, it'd be interesting at the very least. There are many cool opportunities such as uhm... a hidden parasol? it is a parasol that works like in the Super Smash series with Peach, it replaces the parachute and makes it so you don't need to keep buying them, they seem to run out for me quite quickly.

Of course I'm kidding although it'd be interesting, I like the Grappling Hook idea.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118174408/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6b/Shock_blade.jpg/830px-Shock_blade.jpg

D.I.D.
02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I believe you are looking for Splinter Cell, take the next right :).

You've got me bang to rights there - I loved Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, but after that it got ruined by the same commercial pressures :)

But seriously you realize you don't have to use any of it.

Yeah, but that's a bit of a weak option to find yourself in with a game. Plus if the game is set up for mayhem and there hasn't been any planning for a more stealthy player, there's no point in limiting yourself. That's why my blood ran cold watching the ACR seminar at E3: "play it your way" is 99% certain to be a dog whistle code for "teenagers expect to win first time every time or they ragequit, so we're giving them what they want", and sure enough it was here too.

I personally hope to keep the hookblade. It makes climbing a breathe and much better, in my recent playthrough of Brotherhood it's the thing I missed the most. Climbing takes quite long without it.

But then, isn't a new ancestor the perfect opportunity to give us a player character who's really nimble at wall-climbing, just with their hands and feet? Then you're happy, I'm happy to lose the clanging, and there's no reason why the player can't do those new hook-and-run tricks just with their bare hands. See! Everyone's happy. OK, mostly me.

LightRey
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
The AC gameplay is all about freedom. It tries to give you as many options to get things done as possible, so the more gadgets, the better.

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
But then, isn't a new ancestor the perfect opportunity to give us a player character who's really nimble at wall-climbing, just with their hands and feet? Then you're happy, I'm happy to lose the clanging, and there's no reason why the player can't do those new hook-and-run tricks just with their bare hands. See! Everyone's happy. OK, mostly me.

You got me there, if the next protagonist is better with climbing then I won't mind. Ezio has always been a better freerunner than climber. Altair had stealth down while Ezio was a better fighter. I am curious to see what they do with the next one. As for Desmond we know he got Ezio's fighting and Altair's parkour. We still don't know about his stealth since we only see him it in his escape, although he's a much better thief, stealing Vidic's pen without even him noticing anything even though it was in his back pocket.

As for combat, it is a fair point. I think they should return the AC1 style but balancing it more on the Assassin side. In AC1 the basic idea for combat was great but the window for instant kills was way too small.

I think they should bump up the instant kills to 5-6 hits and reintroducing the double hit instant kill and keeping killstreaks but making it work 4 times only. That keeps it balanced and challenging.

DavisP92
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I like the hidden shock blade drawing.

Grappling hook would be too much like batman, instead maybe a wire-blade instead so it couldn't be used to pull you up but only save you if you were falling and as a weapon. however if they do something like that and they keep the hook blade, which they probably will, then it should be you have the option to use the grappling hood or the wire-blade and not have both at the same time.

Another thing, the hidden gun can already be shot many times without reloading so that should be fixed. And someone had mentioned the hidden crossbow launcher, yea that is a good idea as an optional replacement for the hidden gun. that way you can make a completely stealth character if the gamer wanted. But obviously a crossbow won't be as strong as a gun so they should some how implement a difference in power.

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I like the hidden shock blade drawing.

Grappling hook would be too much like batman, instead maybe a wire-blade instead so it couldn't be used to pull you up but only save you if you were falling and as a weapon. however if they do something like that and they keep the hook blade, which they probably will, then it should be you have the option to use the grappling hood or the wire-blade and not have both at the same time.

Another thing, the hidden gun can already be shot many times without reloading so that should be fixed. And someone had mentioned the hidden crossbow launcher, yea that is a good idea as an optional replacement for the hidden gun. that way you can make a completely stealth character if the gamer wanted. But obviously a crossbow won't be as strong as a gun so they should some how implement a difference in power.
I think the gun is quite fine now but they can bump it up by adding a normal gun for the time zone, and changing it to a crossbow bolt launcher to be more conspicuous than a crossbow, I wonder how they will do guns so it isn't overpowered or a shoot em up, Maybe they won't, they don't have to be 100% on the realism, you can get shot 5 times by a rifle and be cured by smelling salts, then proceed to be shot 5 more times. Also there are no shields, so it doesn't HAVE to be 100% realistic.

I think a wire wouldn't be of much use although I wouldn't mind the addition to the game, but I definitely not use it. How often do you actually fall while climbing and the placing of th wire would likely take more time than climbing it, even without the hook blade.

DavisP92
02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I think the gun is quite fine now but they can bump it up by adding a normal gun for the time zone, and changing it to a crossbow bolt launcher to be more conspicuous than a crossbow, I wonder how they will do guns so it isn't overpowered or a shoot em up, Maybe they won't, they don't have to be 100% on the realism, you can get shot 5 times by a rifle and be cured by smelling salts, then proceed to be shot 5 more times. Also there are no shields, so it doesn't HAVE to be 100% realistic.

I think a wire wouldn't be of much use although I wouldn't mind the addition to the game, but I definitely not use it. How often do you actually fall while climbing and the placing of th wire would likely take more time than climbing it, even without the hook blade.

Well the gun was suppose to be the only weapon (i can remember) that if you use then everyone will hear it. In ACR you can use it and noone hears it, if you play the part where you get the first or second key and your over the guards you can shoot everyone and they won't even know that a gun went off.

As for the falling part yes, we don't normally fall but of course they would have to add animations and scenarios where the assassin slips on something (water if raining, etc.) or if a peace of the rooftop breaks. If you played PL there was a part where 3 assassins (a team) SPOILERS!!!!! Were trapped in a building that the guards set on fire (i would love to see that in the game as well, running into buildings to hide and guards set it on fire after trying to shoot you while your in it) at one point when climbing the stairs the fire caused the stairs to collapse and the three assassins fell. 2 were saved but one died, the wire blade would be a gadget that would shoot into a wall and stop someone from falling. End of Spoilers. Also it would be nice if there was coop and one assassin has the hookblade and the other wire-blade, or something the other person doesn't have. A

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
If you fall from a rooftop, where does the wire go? We only take about 3-5 seconds climbing without the hookblade, 1-3 with it. There wouldn't be much application for it.

DavisP92
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
If you fall from a rooftop, where does the wire go? We only take about 3-5 seconds climbing without the hookblade, 1-3 with it. There wouldn't be much application for it.

You've got a point there, and I wouldn't like to take it back to AC1's climbing speed, even though i did enjoy it. Fair point my good man :P.

A bow and arrow would work perfectly for AC and would have an added bonus if the hookblade was still in the game (coop in mind)

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I am hoping for co-op being a completely separate mode where you play as an Apprentice, starting as a novice and leveling up through the ranks, there would be a free mode through the regular world map and separate missions as the main gameplay, in the free mode you would race with your friends locally to get to different BAMs displayed on the map as a red arrow on the map and you gain experience for each kill It'd be more limited of course than the main game. Online and locally you could go on missions which would be the main gameplay, where you would choose missions in a similar menu to the one in the main game for Apprentice Contracts and play the missions, it could connect with the SP canonically, you gain more experience for these, experience which you use to gain equipment and armor, just like in the main game, one thing per level. It can add a lot to the game, having new cities and/or missions to be added for it through DLC later on.

DavisP92
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
yea that's a good idea, they could do that or a coop story. Either way i would like to see the ability to buy new equipment the higher you go in the ranks. and a lot more customization so that both players wouldn't look the same or even have many of the same weapons (unless they wanted to). If there is a bow and arrow in the coop gameplay and the hookblade stays, then the archer can shoot an arrow with a rope attached at a building and tie it to the building the assassins are on and use it as a zipline. This way even if the new location doesn't look like Constantinople (hills) and has no ziplines then the players could just make them on the go.

Of course it would need coop moves and kills too

dxsxhxcx
02-12-2012, 05:39 PM
instead of play as an Aprentice I think it would be more interesting if we played as the Abstergo agents doing some missions related with the SP story...

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
yea that's a good idea, they could do that or a coop story. Either way i would like to see the ability to buy new equipment the higher you go in the ranks. and a lot more customization so that both players wouldn't look the same or even have many of the same weapons (unless they wanted to). If there is a bow and arrow in the coop gameplay and the hookblade stays, then the archer can shoot an arrow with a rope attached at a building and tie it to the building the assassins are on and use it as a zipline. This way even if the new location doesn't look like Constantinople (hills) and has no ziplines then the players could just make them on the go.

Of course it would need coop moves and kills too

Yeah, that sounds cool. alternatively the archer could run across the rope, by having the rope be thick enough to do so, they could have 3 separate upgrade rows.

Weapons:
You get new weapons as you get upgrade points or Skill Points. You first buy a weapon class, Swords, Daggers, Hammers, Bombs, etc. When you get one it gives you a default weapon of the class, some weapons requiring a specific level or other weapon such as Dual Blades which could require like, level 7. After buying a class you can buy different types of weapons of the class,

Armor
Same as the weapons, you buy a class, Spaulders, Chest Plate, Greaves, etc, then buy several types of them like from leather, plate, etc.

Upgrades
It can allow new ways to do things by addind upgrades to your character like dual blades, better free running, Hidden Gun, Hook Blade, etc. Various moves. You'd basically start like Altair in 1 and buy upgrades and skills through the levels.

Skill Points, Upgrade Points, whatever they call it, you get one or more per level gain which you use to upgrade, you may also gain them by completing challenges set by them like kill 50 BAM targets or something like that.

DavisP92
02-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah, that sounds cool. alternatively the archer could run across the rope, by having the rope be thick enough to do so, they could have 3 separate upgrade rows.

Weapons:
You get new weapons as you get upgrade points or Skill Points. You first buy a weapon class, Swords, Daggers, Hammers, Bombs, etc. When you get one it gives you a default weapon of the class, some weapons requiring a specific level or other weapon such as Dual Blades which could require like, level 7. After buying a class you can buy different types of weapons of the class,

Armor
Same as the weapons, you buy a class, Spaulders, Chest Plate, Greaves, etc, then buy several types of them like from leather, plate, etc.

Upgrades
It can allow new ways to do things by addind upgrades to your character like dual blades, better free running, Hidden Gun, Hook Blade, etc. Various moves. You'd basically start like Altair in 1 and buy upgrades and skills through the levels.

Skill Points, Upgrade Points, whatever they call it, you get one or more per level gain which you use to upgrade, you may also gain them by completing challenges set by them like kill 50 BAM targets or something like that.

Idk about running across the rope, the rope would have to be pretty thick. But I can see climbing it or moving across it but not super fast.

As for the upgrade rows, that would be cool. Only thing is if we start as an apprentice with no skills at all then we should really only invest in 3 types of weapons and not every single weapon in the game. I know I would use hand-hand combat, with hidden blade, and bow and arrows. So for those upgrades, disarming/using weapons against your enemies, upgrades to the hidden blade (gadgets), and shoot more then one arrow at a time/faster knocking speed. While my friend could use sword, hidden blades, and bombs, which would give him/her the chance to upgrade to duel wielding/kill-streaks, same hidden blade upgrades, and the different bomb variations (only getting more bomb types by ranking up).

As for the armor, it should connect to the parkour. If you wear more armor then you wont be able to do advanced parkour moves like flipping over guards or kongs and dashes and it even slows you down in combat as well. However, it gives the armored player the chance to get hit a lot more and different animations (the assassin grabs a sword his his armored hand or blocks a sword with his forearm vs. dodging attacks and spinning around guards to flank them during combat).

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Ubisoft, if you are reading this, feel free to use it! The ideas are free to be taken and used.

TommyMcMichen1
02-18-2012, 05:45 AM
The Hidden Stun Blade for online play... gives you a faster and more longer stun... It also makes you have a slight (10% maybe) chance of stunning pursuer in head to head confrontation.

DavisP92
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
yes, Ubisoft, if you do look at this thread please take the ideas that you think would work and implement them in one of your AC games. It would be cool, if you want to even say in the game, "gameplay concepts taken from: (list forum members)" that would be even cooler lol

LordWolv
02-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Here's one, how about there's like a blade you can use attached to your arm!? I know it sounds quite crazy, but what if at a flick of a wrist, a BLADE comes out from under your arm, then at another flick to goes back in hidden! I know, we'll call it the hidden blade!

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Here's one, how about there's like a blade you can use attached to your arm!? I know it sounds quite crazy, but what if at a flick of a wrist, a BLADE comes out from under your arm, then at another flick to goes back in hidden! I know, we'll call it the hidden blade!

Don't be stupid, Isaac. That could never work.:rolleyes:

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 11:57 AM

How about adding an arm cannon attachment to a bracer that shoots lead balls?

LightRey
02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
How about adding an arm cannon attachment to a bracer that shoots lead balls?

Yes! We should call it a wrought iron murderer.

LordWolv
02-18-2012, 05:28 PM
I feel ashamed, I thought I knew more than this, obviously that wouldn't work. :(

notafanboy
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
NO MORE GADGETS!!!, they seriously need to improve the A.I and stuff, not just add 1 or 2 new murder devices

LightRey
02-18-2012, 06:51 PM
NO MORE GADGETS!!!, they seriously need to improve the A.I and stuff, not just add 1 or 2 new murder devices

I'm not sure what you're expecting from the A.I. A.I. technology isn't exactly advanced. It was only a few years ago that it was normal for NPC's to walk into walls on a regular basis. The AC A.I. is one of the best I've seen in games tbh.

Limed_-
02-19-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm not sure what you're expecting from the A.I. A.I. technology isn't exactly advanced. It was only a few years ago that it was normal for NPC's to walk into walls on a regular basis. The AC A.I. is one of the best I've seen in games tbh.

To add to that:
In Brotherhood, it was fun to climb up on the Colosseum, where a male and female NPC usually stood. ( The male was proposing, I think ) So, I thought it would be fun to grab a broom and break the lady's skull. Of course, with this AI the man just got up and said: Who could of done this?.. and jumped off the side of the Colosseum with his awesome freerunning skills.

EnragedEmperor4
05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Kind of off topic, but for a ranged weapon, they could have a foldable compound bow for silent stealth kills.

naran6142
05-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Kind of off topic, but for a ranged weapon, they could have a foldable compound bow for silent stealth kills.

connor will already have a bow and arrow...

NewBlade200
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I want a hidden hood so they cant see who I am but they also wont see that I'm an assassin

Kit572
05-27-2012, 06:35 AM
I want a hidden hood so they cant see who I am but they also wont see that I'm an assassin

I don't get it...

Serrachio
05-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Hidden bouquet. For surprise romantic gestures. :p

OriginalMiles
05-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Hidden Paintbrush.