PDA

View Full Version : Den defence and Upgrade system for recruited assassins????

asifah30
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
OK Guys! I've given up, in spite of regular player of AC series I got frustrated. What is den defence??? I got 2 dens and defended them 3-4 times, and still the map is showing me that I got to regain my den which I occupied. I am totally confuse at it, and didn't understand what's the purpose of Den Defence and how can I make full control over occupied den???

Moreover, I got 5 recruited assassins and I've upgraded them at 3800XP level (11 I think), but now assassins's upgrade level bar is not moving up. For example one assassin got 4300XP but the level bar is still showing his progress just below 3800XP (under level 11). I didn't understand the upgrade level system. Brotherhood's system was easy but this one makes me confuse. Please someone explain.

LightRey
02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Den Defense (if successful) will prevent a den from being taken by the Byzantines. You start out with 1 den (the Galata Den) and through the story you liberate a second. The other 5 dens start out under Byzantine control and have to be liberated by killing their respective Byzantine commander(s).

Assassins at level 10 won't level up until they're stationed at a den. Assassins stationed at a den, after competing a mission with them, will continue leveling up until they hit the "end" of level 14 at which point another mission can be accessed allowing them to level up to level 15 (Master Assassin). This means that the maximum amount of Master Assassins you can have is 7. A den with a Master Assassin will be locked and cannot be taken by the Byzantines.

asifah30
02-10-2012, 08:48 PM
OK, about the assassins level I got it. But I am surprise that why a liberated den again goes under Byzantines control??? I regain or liberate it and after some time it again goes under Byzantines control. I am stuck and its prevent me to go through the main story.

Artemis88
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Did you post an assassin in whichever den you liberated and then trained them to Master Assassin?

The only thing I can think of as to why a den goes back under Byzantine control is if your templar awareness meter becomes full. You will get a message on screen telling you that your den is under attack, and the icon for the Assassin Den will flash yellow on your map in the corner of the screen.

asifah30
02-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Did you post an assassin in whichever den you liberated and then trained them to Master Assassin?

The only thing I can think of as to why a den goes back under Byzantine control is if your templar awareness meter becomes full. You will get a message on screen telling you that your den is under attack, and the icon for the Assassin Den will flash yellow on your map in the corner of the screen.

OK I'll post an assassin in den.
Yes, I am very much aware about the meter, and I killed many many times officials and bribed heralds to empty awareness meter. But I am not sure that awareness meter does make any effect on den's control.

Artemis88
02-10-2012, 09:25 PM
OK I'll post an assassin in den.
Yes, I am very much aware about the meter, and I killed many many times officials and bribed heralds to empty awareness meter. But I am not sure that awareness meter does make any effect on den's control.

Once a den has a Master Assassin posted to it, the den icon on your map will have a lock on it - this will mean that it will never come under attack again. If you have an assassin in training to become a master posted at a den, it will still be attacked. You will then need to find the den that is under siege and go through the den defence. If you sucessfully repel all the attacks (including the siege weapon), your den will be back under your control. If you lose, you will need to kill the den captain again.

All I can say is just try to keep your awareness meter down as much as possible, stay away from all fights. If you get into one, intentionally or not, just send your recruits into to fight them off.