PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition Upgrade

andynaruto10
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
The Upgrade to Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition from STEAM, which Includes 3 bonus maps! Explore some of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments to reveal secret treasures in three special in-game maps: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard just for 4,99 says "Requires Assassin's Creed II Standard Edition from Steam." http://store.steampowered.com/app/33230/
But if I have the PC version, and I buy that upgrade, I think it will give me a code, so can't I use it on PC too?
Who knows, please tell me!

Anykeyer
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
By PC version you mean retail? Because Steam is PC too, you know )
Yes, it will give you a code that you are supposed to enter in extras>exclusive content.
But most likely Steam will not let you buy this upgrade without having Steam version of this game first.

andynaruto10
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes, retail. I bought the standard edition and I don't want to buy the full game again just for those 3 maps, you know...
Do you know if there is any other way to buy just the maps?

Locopells
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
If it's anything like Brotherhood and ACR, just get the savegames from someone who already has it.

andynaruto10
02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I did that, but I really wanted to have them bought...
What I did it's called piracy.

Locopells
02-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Not, really, they're included with the original game, you're just unlocking something they gave away for free two years ago...

Anykeyer
02-13-2012, 10:24 AM
They gave away this maps as compensation only to people who experienced constant connection problems after game's release.
I consider this entire practice of "making" extra content by ripping it from finished game as bad business model. But having for free something you supposed to pay for is still piracy.

Locopells
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Then they should give us a way to pay for it outside of Steam. Because paying for a whole new copy of a game to unlock something inluded in the version you already have is mad...