PDA

View Full Version : Boxed to Digital

notimetoulose
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way I could register my boxed ACR game as a digital download so I don't have to carry the disc around everywhere I go.
Is there any way I can maybe register the game with ubishop using my CD-Key and Uplay Account (prouf that the game has been activated).
It would be a real shame if I ever lost the boxed game and I wouldn't be able to download the game again.

Thank you,
Notimetoulose

spectatorx
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Do you know there is software like alcohol 52% free edition, deamon tools, imgburn etc? They can create an image of cd/dvd disc which you can store for example on hdd. That's the simplest solution imo.

notimetoulose
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Interesting,

Doesn't that... well cause Ubisoft officials to go into a corner and cry thinking about how piracy kills their profit?

:)

Anykeyer
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Who cares? :D
Will this actually hurt their profit in any way? No.
ACR's DRM does not check for media. You can backup files from your disc without emulation software. Sadly, there is no way to register retail copy somewhere and recieve digital for free. Ability to do so is one of a few things i like in Electronic Arts. But Ubisoft does not provide similar service.

notimetoulose
02-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Ok, then off I go to ilegalli download a copy of the game each time I feel like it, just because I bought it in the first place. :P

spectatorx
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Hm.. Why you wanna download pirated copy when you can sipmly backup your own disc which you bought? From this backup you can normally install and activate the game without using cracks... With pirated copy you are downloading exactly the same image of game which you can create on yourself, difference is pirated one has a crack for users who didn' buy the game.