PDA

View Full Version : Ac:2012

thepatcat
02-04-2012, 02:25 AM
While I was in EB Games earlier today, I spotted a new title on the Coming Soon shelf: Assassin's Creed: 2012 It's apparently got a release date of Fall '12.
I have no idea if that title is a placeholder or the actual name. If it is, I rather like it. 2012 is what the plot is leading up to. What does everyone else think?

Moultonborough
02-04-2012, 03:32 AM
It's just a placeholder. The title will most likely be AC 3. Everyone knows it will be in 2012 so it's a safe bet to put out a sign. Nothing will be known until E3.

rileypoole1234
02-04-2012, 04:39 AM
It's a placeholder.

LintonMildone
02-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Hey guys do think Desmond might end up looking like this:

http://monochromeblade.deviantart.com/#/d4nu525

Sure it looks crappy but the links to the real-life products of it makes it seem awesome yet plausible since it is casual in the 21st century from a far yet upclose it has Assassin written all over it,mostly in the front. I will give an approval to any talented artist who can make this a proper concept art.:cool:

SixKeys
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey guys do think Desmond might end up looking like this:

http://monochromeblade.deviantart.com/#/d4nu525

Sure it looks crappy but the links to the real-life products of it makes it seem awesome yet plausible since it is casual in the 21st century from a far yet upclose it has Assassin written all over it,mostly in the front. I will give an approval to any talented artist who can make this a proper concept art.:cool:

Why do people insist on giving Desmond armor? The whole point of the assassins is to blend in with the crowd. Alta´r never wore any armor, Ezio did but it fit the time period he was living in where lots of soldiers and mercenaries also wore armor. At most Desmond should wear something like a kevlar vest under his hoodie, but it would just be ridiculous to deck him up like Solid Snake and have him attempt to roam the streets of NY inconspicuously.

LintonMildone
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Why do people insist on giving Desmond armor? The whole point of the assassins is to blend in with the crowd. Alta´r never wore any armor, Ezio did but it fit the time period he was living in where lots of soldiers and mercenaries also wore armor. At most Desmond should wear something like a kevlar vest under his hoodie, but it would just be ridiculous to deck him up like Solid Snake and have him attempt to roam the streets of NY inconspicuously.

Well actually Desmond is wearing motorcycle armor plus he will most likely be riding a motorcycle so it will make sense that people won't bat an eye to a guy who's wearing protective armor while riding or coming off a motorcycle that drives at high speeds and besides this is the assassins we're talking about here, they can probably mold kevlar and other bullet proof material to look like motorcycle armor so it can work.

B_Crispino
02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
it would look ridiculous nevertheless

DinoSteve1
02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
indeed armor would be silly looking, beside if Desmond was walking down the street in a full set of armor people would call the cops

LintonMildone
02-05-2012, 06:29 PM
The motorcycle armor is only apparent on his arm plus he's wearing that stylish vest to cover up the "chestguard" and the "greaves" will be underneath his jeans plus the way he dress most people will think he's a skateboarder which will be near-perfect visual excuse when they see him free running. Besides the cops will be the least of his problems since:

A)He'll be long gone in s totally different district

B)He can totally OUTPERFORM the policemen since his bullet-proof armor will prevent bullets from slowing him down when running and kicking their arses like no other in like a century or two

C)Have you even seen that most of the policemen these days are out of shape, Desmond will flip them like hamburgers the same way Ezio did to the guards who had the audacity to attack from his blind side.

D)Don't get me started on Desmond's thick leather motorcycle vest when it comes to tasers and tranquilizer darts.:o

PurpleHaze1980
02-06-2012, 04:01 AM

I concur with this.

Throughout the whole of the four games, I was sitting thinking "why the hell is it that all of the Assassins are fully uniformed and armoured, not only in an obvious colour (white), but also their insignia displayed all over every piece of their equipment!".

Alta´r's uniform is acceptable somewhat as it allowed him to quickly blend with the scholars in the first game, meaning he could quickly "disappear" and slip into places normally that he wouldn't have been able to.

However, you move onto Ezio and he (and the other Assassins) goaround with the belt bearing the insignia, wearing white and red (why these colours would give any power to "blend" I'm unsure). The arm brace has the Assassins insignia as I remember too, and all the armour I'm assuming would only draw more attention to him. He's more or less the most obvious person to be an Assassin in Italy. At least in Constantinople he wasn't in white anymore, but did stand out nonetheless. Hood = suspicious enough since no one else other than La Volpe and a few villains wore them (the blend function in the first game should have been turned into a 'hood down' feature while walking slowly to avoid detection at least).

Incidentally I'm also confused as to why the Assassins, a secret organization who are supposed to be hiding in the shadows and living amongst everyone in hush are advertising their headquarters with fancy flags and banners. It's no wonder the dens were found and taken so quickly in Revelations!

Ah, I love the logic of the Assassin way of thinking. How they managed to survive through history...total mystery haha.

B_Crispino
02-06-2012, 06:14 AM
purplehaze, they didnt, they were finished by the 13th century. but if your concern is about the game (obviously), its just a game... we shouldnt be overthinking it that much. if assassins were so visible by that time, why there isnt any assassin historical data from that period? surelly someone would register that machiavelli wandered arround with a group of white hooded killers. i know, i know, people didnt know how to write those days... some did, specially church schollars and i dont see why they wouldnt register it... anyways, my point is: its just a game, its not flawless

LordWolv
02-06-2012, 07:46 AM
If desmond were to wear armour, it would HAVE to be discreet and under his hoodie/normal clothes. Kevlar and/or a thin metal plate would be perfect for this. You could still have upgrades, they just wouldn't be visible.