PDA

View Full Version : Why?

GameFreak65
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok gys my favorite aspect of the assassins creed games is the modern times.... the suspense and the atmosphere is awesome in my humble opinion so why did ubisoft make desmond in acr a very tiny character in the game why didnt the make it like acb because the desmond parts in acb were awesome and i hope in ACIII modren times are big part of the game so what do u think gys?

naran6142
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
well we did get the back story on desmond...

and future dlc will probably be about 16 and desmond as well

YuurHeen
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
how you mean small? there were 5 missions of his + the animus island. maybe no climbing like in acb but you have that with ezio.

CkSwtos
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I feeled like that as well. But what can we say? He was in a coma and there was no other way he could have learned all he did in case he was not in coma. His being in the Animus Island was an important part of the on-going story whether we like it or not.

LightRey
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
We got to see more of Desmond than in any of the previous installments.

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
We got to see more of Desmond than in any of the previous installments.

the revelation wasnt much about desmond as it was with concluding ezio's story and altair. maybe they might have dlc, i dont know but as naran6142 said we did point the story back to desmond at the end so wen AC3 comes out we should see desmonds biggest involvement

LightRey
02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
the revelation wasnt much about desmond as it was with concluding ezio's story and altair. maybe they might have dlc, i dont know but as naran6142 said we did point the story back to desmond at the end so wen AC3 comes out we should see desmonds biggest involvement

But we learned more about him than in any of the previous installments. He had rarely shown himself to be anything more than a guy that can make some reasonably funny remarks at the right times. ACR gave us much more insight into his character.

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
But we learned more about him than in any of the previous installments. He had rarely shown himself to be anything more than a guy that can make some reasonably funny remarks at the right times. ACR gave us much more insight into his character.

yea your absolute right, we learned his whole past up to where vidic took him in AC. but necessarily we do not have to see greater involvement of desmond in ACR than the previous games. it could be guarded and used till AC3 release

LightRey
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
yea your absolute right, we learned his whole past up to where vidic took him in AC. but necessarily we do not have to see greater involvement of desmond in ACR than the previous games. it could be guarded and used till AC3 release

True, though they did drop a few hints of that in ACR.

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
True, though they did drop a few hints of that in ACR.

enlighten me, cause i cant think of any but the ending

twenty_glyphs
02-02-2012, 01:21 AM
It's weird, because Desmond was in the game a decent amount with his side missions, but it still didn't feel like he was really there that much. I think a big part of that is because his personality is different, which is understandable after what he's just been through. But the fun interactions with the crew in AC2 and Brotherhood are gone, and Desmond's interactions with Subject 16 are awkward and boring. There's also not much to do as Desmond -- after each memory sequence when he's back on Animus Island, you have nothing to explore or interact with. There's just the Desmond's Journey gates, and those sequences don't even show Desmond. By just featuring his voice and not showing him, some of that connection with Desmond is lost as well.

But the main reason is that Desmond is featured in the game, but doesn't really do anything. That's most likely because they had to hold off on advancing Desmond's plot too much before AC3. The present day story of Revelations doesn't even really need to exist for the broader story to still function. AC3 could simply have started with Desmond waking up from his coma already outside the Grand Temple, and might not have even needed the message that Desmond got in Revelations (though I liked that moment). Or that final message could have been delivered some other way near the beginning of AC3. My bet is that Desmond's story for AC3 was already outlined by the time they finished Brotherhood, and the writers of Revelations were handcuffed by that and couldn't do too much with him. That's why everything was so introspective instead. I think it was a clever idea given the constraints of the story, but it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

I thought that Brotherhood had a very good amount and quality of Desmond gameplay. You could leave the Animus whenever you wanted and there were a good amount of conversations to have and emails to read throughout the story. The location was cool, being in the Villa 500 years after what we saw of it in AC2. There was some decent exploration, and the 5 artifacts to find. It wasn't huge, but it was a nice touch. Then the end sequence had some very good exploration as Desmond, with the anticipation building for me the whole time he was exploring the Colosseum and underground tunnels. I hope AC3 has even more Desmond gameplay than Brotherhood, but still second to the historical setting. I hope the Grand Temple is a cool hub world that Desmond can explore in between Animus sessions. I also hope for cool knowledge and/or puzzles to find there as Desmond that give us real insight into TWCB.

LightRey
02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
enlighten me, cause i cant think of any but the ending

Well for one William mentions that Desmond has an unusually high amount of TWCB DNA.

GLHS
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
It's weird, because Desmond was in the game a decent amount with his side missions, but it still didn't feel like he was really there that much. I think a big part of that is because his personality is different, which is understandable after what he's just been through. But the fun interactions with the crew in AC2 and Brotherhood are gone, and Desmond's interactions with Subject 16 are awkward and boring. There's also not much to do as Desmond -- after each memory sequence when he's back on Animus Island, you have nothing to explore or interact with. There's just the Desmond's Journey gates, and those sequences don't even show Desmond. By just featuring his voice and not showing him, some of that connection with Desmond is lost as well.

But the main reason is that Desmond is featured in the game, but doesn't really do anything. That's most likely because they had to hold off on advancing Desmond's plot too much before AC3. The present day story of Revelations doesn't even really need to exist for the broader story to still function. AC3 could simply have started with Desmond waking up from his coma already outside the Grand Temple, and might not have even needed the message that Desmond got in Revelations (though I liked that moment). Or that final message could have been delivered some other way near the beginning of AC3. My bet is that Desmond's story for AC3 was already outlined by the time they finished Brotherhood, and the writers of Revelations were handcuffed by that and couldn't do too much with him. That's why everything was so introspective instead. I think it was a clever idea given the constraints of the story, but it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

I thought that Brotherhood had a very good amount and quality of Desmond gameplay. You could leave the Animus whenever you wanted and there were a good amount of conversations to have and emails to read throughout the story. The location was cool, being in the Villa 500 years after what we saw of it in AC2. There was some decent exploration, and the 5 artifacts to find. It wasn't huge, but it was a nice touch. Then the end sequence had some very good exploration as Desmond, with the anticipation building for me the whole time he was exploring the Colosseum and underground tunnels. I hope AC3 has even more Desmond gameplay than Brotherhood, but still second to the historical setting. I hope the Grand Temple is a cool hub world that Desmond can explore in between Animus sessions. I also hope for cool knowledge and/or puzzles to find there as Desmond that give us real insight into TWCB.

I agree with most of this. My thought is that AC3 was always meant to be Desmond's game from the beginning. There's been a lot of people complaining that there isn't enough Desmond, and they've done this on purpose. The story thus far has been primarily about the ancestors with little parts of Desmond inbetween. Now the story has progressed to mainly being about the present day, and AC3 will probably be the other way around. With small parts of the ancestor(s) and big parts for Desmond.

kenshijr
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Well for one William mentions that Desmond has an unusually high amount of TWCB DNA.

yea he did say that, what do you think he could of implemented with that? In other words what do you think will happen?

I agree with most of this. My thought is that AC3 was always meant to be Desmond's game from the beginning. There's been a lot of people complaining that there isn't enough Desmond, and they've done this on purpose. The story thus far has been primarily about the ancestors with little parts of Desmond inbetween. Now the story has progressed to mainly being about the present day, and AC3 will probably be the other way around. With small parts of the ancestor(s) and big parts for Desmond.

That will be interesting, have more of desmond and less of the ancestor, i just hope they do a real good job of it and not mess it up. Because when revelations was coming out i was excited to play as Altair again but they were just too short and were all in the same location. They were crucial parts in his life as an Assassin but i wanted more, so i hope the next dlc will have some extra Altair missions.

CkSwtos
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM

Tottally agree!! Desmond is the one who will only be able to save the world and he won't do that by watching forgotten lives through a machine.

GLHS
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
yea he did say that, what do you think he could of implemented with that? In other words what do you think will happen?

That will be interesting, have more of desmond and less of the ancestor, i just hope they do a real good job of it and not mess it up. Because when revelations was coming out i was excited to play as Altair again but they were just too short and were all in the same location. They were crucial parts in his life as an Assassin but i wanted more, so i hope the next dlc will have some extra Altair missions.

I do get the disappointment surrounding the Altair missions b/c you're right. They were too short and I thought they would add a little more to his story than they did. But the devs have said many times now that Ezio and Altair's story are completely finished and there will be nothing more. I'm pretty sure that there won't be any more play for either of them, especially since we saw Altair's death in the game and Ezio's in Embers.That pretty much wraps everything up.

kenshijr
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I do get the disappointment surrounding the Altair missions b/c you're right. They were too short and I thought they would add a little more to his story than they did. But the devs have said many times now that Ezio and Altair's story are completely finished and there will be nothing more. I'm pretty sure that there won't be any more play for either of them, especially since we saw Altair's death in the game and Ezio's in Embers.That pretty much wraps everything up.

yea your probably right. But i read an article that ubisoft said that we might not have seen the last of him. It was a CVG article saying it could be a possibility to show him in AC3, which i believe because they've been showing altair in the previous installments

GLHS
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
yea your probably right. But i read an article that ubisoft said that we might not have seen the last of him. It was a CVG article saying it could be a possibility to show him in AC3, which i believe because they've been showing altair in the previous installments

The only way I could see this happening is if they showed his likeness like they did with Altair. Some later Assassins saying "this is the great Mentor, Ezio Auditore" or something, but not him himself, or any more play with him. So that could be what they meant.

kenshijr
02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
The only way I could see this happening is if they showed his likeness like they did with Altair. Some later Assassins saying "this is the great Mentor, Ezio Auditore" or something, but not him himself, or any more play with him. So that could be what they meant.

well just maybe we will see a gigantic statue of him like altair, that would be nice next altair or something

GameFreak65
02-02-2012, 11:16 PM
gys you remeber that trailer ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4x1H8x9YSM&feature=plcp&context=C3e9d241UDOEgsToPDskLavOYxmipSAFJb8_xZ__-P

if we were desmond navigating this world i woldnt have even made this thread its a shame really