PDA

View Full Version : The AC novels can be quite irritating..

raging8762
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Irritating in the sense that things contradict each other according to what the games had shown. During certain parts of the first novel, I would have to think twice about what I had read because I oddly remembered the situation being portrayed differently in the game. An example would be right at the end of novel when Rodrigo Borgia poisens himself. A more obvious example would be the portrayal of Christina's death, where Machiavelli gives the burden of bad news to Ezio instead of Ezio witnessing Christina die in his arms.

At times I had to watch what happened in the game on Youtbue due to the fact that I had finished AC2 a while back. Nevertheless, they are good reads but these sort of things are irritating.. well, to me at least.

JumpInTheFire13
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree with you. It makes you wonder what is actually canon and what isn't

LordWolv
02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
You should add some spoiler tags to the title - Anyone who hasn't got to that part in the games will just have had part of the story spoiled.

lukaszep
02-01-2012, 08:39 PM
There are inconsistencies mainly because the author (Oliver Bowden) is given the story by the AC team, and he writes the book. During the development of the game, the story is changed slightly, and these changes are over looked in the books edit.

minimar28
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
they are mostly intune with the story of the games but in my opinion they show something diffrent that the games didn't, that i enjoy so the books are awesome too and as a fellow AC fan i would give them a change and to enjoy them

Sevenofnine-st
02-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I know what you mean. I'm reading the AC 2 novel these days and I've noticed the same thing a few times already. For example, I just finished the part where Ezio helped out the Thieves guild and his relationship with Rosa wasn't exactly what it was in the game.