PDA

View Full Version : AC2 , ACB, and ACR Questions

MatthewDeegan
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello all. Just began playing AC2 after a long time without a game console. I have a few questions that I have not been able to find the answer to via searching, so I would appreciate any help.

I plan on getting ACB and ACR as soon as I finish AC2, and have a question about leveling up your health.

Each set of new armor increases your health points (for lack of better term), but are not mandatory. When you get the Armor of Altair, does it level you up completely or do you need to have bought all of the previous armor sets prior to getting the AoA?

The second question is whether or not anything is continued from AC2 to ACB and then from ACB to ACR. In other words, is it worth getting all of the best armor (not counting AoA) and weapons even after you have completed the story missions because they will continue into the next game, or do you start fresh regardless of what you have done in a previous game?

Thanks

manu_erizo
02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
About the first question: the Armor of Alta´r maxes out your health AND is unbreakable.

About your second question, it's kinda spoilery, but if you want it answered go ahead: You start ACB with the Armor of Alta´r but you lose it in an attack fairly early into the game.

In ACR you start fresh.

SixKeys
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello all. Just began playing AC2 after a long time without a game console. I have a few questions that I have not been able to find the answer to via searching, so I would appreciate any help.

I plan on getting ACB and ACR as soon as I finish AC2, and have a question about leveling up your health.

Each set of new armor increases your health points (for lack of better term), but are not mandatory. When you get the Armor of Altair, does it level you up completely or do you need to have bought all of the previous armor sets prior to getting the AoA?

The second question is whether or not anything is continued from AC2 to ACB and then from ACB to ACR. In other words, is it worth getting all of the best armor (not counting AoA) and weapons even after you have completed the story missions because they will continue into the next game, or do you start fresh regardless of what you have done in a previous game?

Thanks

To add to manu_erizo's answer to the first question: you do not need to have bought all the other armors prior to getting Alta´r's armor. You don't even need Alta´r's armor to complete the game, you only need it if you want to get 100%. Even if you don't get Alta´r's armor at all in AC2, you will still start out wearing it in ACB.

manu_erizo
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
To add to manu_erizo's answer to the first question: you do not need to have bought all the other armors prior to getting Alta´r's armor. You don't even need Alta´r's armor to complete the game, you only need it if you want to get 100%. Even if you don't get Alta´r's armor at all in AC2, you will still start out wearing it in ACB.

Are you sure? I remember getting to a point in AC2 where Rebecca said I couldn't continue because Ezio was wearing Alta´r's Armor in that memory and I didn't have it at that point.

SixKeys
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Are you sure? I remember getting to a point in AC2 where Rebecca said I couldn't continue because Ezio was wearing Alta´r's Armor in that memory and I didn't have it at that point.

I'm pretty sure you don't actually need it. I think I actually completed the game once with just Ezio's normal robes (I prefer them to Alta´r's armor). Then again, it's been a while so I can't recall for sure. Rebecca does say that in order to receive full sync with Ezio, you need the armor, but I don't think it's actually required to finish the game.

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Thanks
yes the armor of Altair does max out your health completely, its the best armor in the game, its the only armor that cannot be broken, so you dont have to go to the blacksmith to repair it. And no you dont have to buy all the armors to get it. Once you get all the 6 seals your free to grab the armor and have it on until whenever.

In ACB and ACR you start fresh nothing really transfer over as weapon wise. But in ACB you can get the Armor of Altair thru Uplay, in ACR theres 4 weapons you get from ACB that you can also acquire thru Uplay. But overall yea you start fresh. I mean somehow ubisoft made it perfect thru the story where you start out with some of the things you do. it all fits well with the story. I recommend you getting them