PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Opinions

JumpInTheFire13
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
I was never really active on these forum until November last year, so I'm not to sure what everybody thinks about Brotherhood. I know AC1 and AC2 are greatly loved for the most part, and Revelations... Not so much. Personally I loved Brotherhood. The story was not as good as the first two games, but I loved the city of Rome and the soundtrack. Ezio's robes in this game were probably the best Assassin robes I've ever seen. The story didn't have as much mystery as the first two games, but I thought the game felt more eerie. The Followers of Romulus were great and they were creepy as **** when you first encountered them. So what's your opinion of Brotherhood?

Toxotes47
01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
I really despised Rome as it was presented for some reason. Otherwise it was good fun though I think ACR was miles better.

kriegerdesgottes
01-31-2012, 11:05 PM
The more I play Revelations the more I appreciate Brotherhood actually. It wasn't great at all but at least it had side missions, horses (which I miss), and VR missions which I thought was a decent addition. I was definitely disappointed by Brotherhood because of the rushed story and short game but it totally changed the combat and I thought it was a decent game for the time it was given to be developed. I felt Revelations brought much less new stuff to the table and took out things that people enjoyed only to replace them with pointless gimmicks and was still short and I'd argue has an even more rushed feel to it.

SixKeys
02-01-2012, 02:00 AM
I really enjoyed Brotherhood. Out of all the games, it took me longest to finish due to the wealth of side quests, collectables etc. I must admit Rome wasn't terribly exciting as a setting since it was still Italian architecture, not that different from AC2's setting. I liked that some old characters (like Claudia and La Volpe) were given more depth. The story was smaller in scale than AC2 but deeper in terms of character development. Given the time they had to work on ACB, I was very impressed with how big it was, something that unfortunately can't be said for ACR.

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Assassins Creed Brotherhood revolutionized the AC franchise, not just because it was the first game to have multiplayer, but everything that came with it. Now the main story was not long like AC2, where ACB has 9 and AC2 has 14 sequences. but also AC2 doesnt have much side missions. Just some assassinations, beat up missions, deliver letters and races, oh and counting the feathers and tombs, subject 16's puzzles, viewpoints and collecting the treasures and even buying all your accessories like paintings, weapons and armor.

ACB on the other hand had different faction missions, a good portion from each one. It had the war machines, the borgia towers, abstergo agents, renovating the whole city, romulus lairs, the 10 feathers (lol), borgia flags, shop item missions, buying all the paintings, weapons, armors <-------- they may not count as much, but when you play the campaign and do this little things here and there, not all at once, it sure takes some time. you also got recruiting your assassins, sending them out, leveling and the experience thing. the repressed memories(awesome by the way), subject 16's puzzles, every mission had a 100% synch to 100% synch the game, The Da Vinci Disapperance, copernico's missions, collecting all the treasures, viewpoints and treasures in the lair, you can also count the VR(Virtual Training awesome), you can count even the 5 items you find in the villa with desmond (not much), but all these things add up and can be time consuming. (if i forgot something someone add it please Thank you)

But yea I brought all that up for a reason, ACB is a very awesome game especially in the 1yr span from AC2. Just Ezio killing like he does with all the weapons, the kill streaks, having the crossbow, poison darts, parachutes and you even used the apple of eden how awesome is that, i mean really. Shoot i was happy when they got rid of strafe(pointless action) and replaced it with kick. All his counters are awesome, I love how you use assassins, the arrow storm (the only thing i wish they would of allowed us to customize them more, thats why i like ACR more with that feature). I love Rome awesome big city, i wish it wasnt just rome but the story takes place there so it makes sense(i hope for AC3 they will bring multiple cities like AC & AC2). theres more stuff but yea, ACB blew fans away, added more fans to the franchise, and it just blew up everywhere. I mean they have clothes for AC, toys, music soundtracks, Ezio is in Soul Calibur V, etc.

And you already know the multiplayer experience i dont need to go there!!!

LightRey
02-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Revelations is actually loved by most members. It's just that people like to use these forums to complain and those that actually do like the games have become so sick of it that they mostly keep to topics about theories and of course the Off-topic thread.

Anyways, ACB was awesome. What I liked most were all the additions to the gameplay.

D.I.D.
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I liked Brotherhood from the start, but then again I played it on PC and therefore got the complete game with all DLC at normal price. Maybe Revelations will get past its brevity problem once it has DLC added, if not its gigantic planning issues.

I loved Brotherhood at the time. It's got silly pantomime aspects surrounding Cesare's hissing villainy, but I enjoyed that silliness (just as I could also enjoy a different AC game going darker and more serious, potentially). There was a solid feeling of being in pursuit of the love-to-hate bad guys, and often a strong feeling of being pursued by them too, which made for a good atmosphere.

I liked the district regeneration thing in Rome, because of the depressed situation you were walking into; people noticeably cheered up after you destroyed a Borgia tower, and then you added more colour by restoring the shops, and finally the chatter, laughter and music would pick up. That was a great reward system and a good motivation for doing the towers/shops part of the game. Constantinople obviously couldn't have that, because it was the world centre of trade and full of colour already, and the people weren't as quite as beaten down by their janissaries as the Italians were by the AC:B guards. The final effect was the icing on the cake - not only were you making an area safe for yourself to wander around, as you do in AC:R, you also won the appearance of vigilante groups. It added a nice touch to the game that if you were being chased by guards, you could lure them into an area you controlled and use the vigilantes as a trap. On the same score, some of the monument purchasing had a similarly nice effect, as you restored aqueducts and saw the landscape transform as a result (and won new vantage points to reach previously inaccessible areas).

The missions were great - far more of them took you into the lion's den, so there was a lot of tension involved in that as you went further into an enemy palace/tomb and into greater isolation, and not knowing what you were going to find inside offered more surprises. I'd like to see more missions which go from an outdoor situation into an indoor location in AC3. The abundance of side missions was also a powerful feature, partly for making the city seem more alive and also for providing so many characters and more reunions with them. Many of the missions and side missions required proper strategic thought, and the puzzles often had me staring at the screen for a good few minutes. Again, they made bottlenecks of difficulty that were rewarding to defeat.

The more I think about the things Brotherhood had which Revelations lacked, the more I think Revelations was some kind of fund-raiser for AC3: that most of the key staff were working on AC3 at the same time as AC:R, and all their best ideas have gone into AC3 while AC:R was allowed to coast along. This kind of design couldn't really be gone forever, could it?

Animuses
02-02-2012, 05:22 AM
AC2>AC>ACB>ACR

I enjoyed ACB for quite a while even with everything I disliked about it. What's utterly disappointing is that The Da Vinci Disappearance's story was the better than the actual game's. It's done with though and I'm over it.

I'd choose Brotherhood over Revelations any day. I wasn't even able to get through my second playthrough of ACR.

JumpInTheFire13
02-02-2012, 06:06 AM
DoubleclickTF, I agree with everything in your post. Brotherhood's strength was definitely in its abundance of side missions. I have 100% synch on AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, and Brotherhood took me the longest to achieve (would have a platinum for that game like I do on the other two mentioned, if it weren't for the multiplayer trophies.) Brotherhood also added a lot more than Revelations did. It gave us execution streaks, parachutes, horses in the city (which Revelations removed completely), poison darts, VR training, etc.

kenshijr
02-02-2012, 06:13 AM
DoubleclickTF, I agree with everything in your post. Brotherhood's strength was definitely in its abundance of side missions. I have 100% synch on AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, and Brotherhood took me the longest to achieve (would have a platinum for that game like I do on the other two mentioned, if it weren't for the multiplayer trophies.) Brotherhood also added a lot more than Revelations did. It gave us execution streaks, parachutes, horses in the city (which Revelations removed completely), poison darts, VR training, etc.

yep i love ACB, awesome game i hope with AC3 they will add things from all the games a little bit of everything, cause if you think about it ACB was like AC and AC2 combined in some ways. But i really miss how AC2 you traveled to more than 1 city, Rome was BIG and nice but i hope they bring multiple cites