PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft i dont understand it!

lothario-da-be
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Does it realy take so much time to make some side missions? i mean targeting 4 soldiers and just say something like eliminate the 4 targets without being spotted doesnt take that much time i supose.

D.I.D.
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Some companies provide great DLC for free, others charge you for it. In neither case is it really about giving something to you as a customer. The real reason it's popular is because it persuades you not to sell your game until some time after the DLC comes out, and also because the publicity for the DLC provides a second wind of sales of the main game.

So it's not about how long it takes to make the content, and in truth it's a case of waiting until the company wants you to have it.

lothario-da-be
01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
i actually ment some side missions that should be already in the game.if everybody of ubisoft worked 30 min longer to make 1 side mission we would have over 3000 side missions in rev

D.I.D.
01-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Oh I see! Sorry, I thought this was one of the many "hurry up with my DLC!" threads :)

Yeah I don't know then. It was certainly pretty mysterious that the guilds were even present with only one mission each. I might not have noticed how short AC:R was if it had been padded out a bit more with side missions, but I'm sure they're not as quick to make as 30 minutes! The testing alone would take longer than that.

AC:R definitely feels like it had a major chunk scooped out of it, so I can only hope this is going to be quite a large DLC if/when it comes; maybe we'll get a bunch of side missions then.

JumpInTheFire13
01-31-2012, 10:45 PM
They didn't even have one mission each. The Romanies didn't have one. And I can almost guarantee you Ubisoft won't give us a DLC for free.

YuurHeen
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
you do get that there were side missions from the recruits do you?

and 30min for a side-mission? 30 min above what they already spend on making the game?

really get better informed or you just look stupid.

twenty_glyphs
01-31-2012, 11:56 PM
They didn't even have one mission each. The Romanies didn't have one. And I can almost guarantee you Ubisoft won't give us a DLC for free.

The Romanies had their own mission, but it was part of the main story instead of under "Secondary Memories" in the DNA bar. It was called "Curse of the Romani", and was Sequence 3, Memory 9. It was the same style of mission as the Thief and Mercenary missions. It definitely appears that the side missions were stripped from the game except for the first one for each faction. Maybe those were left in to give at least the appearance the factions were represented, while also giving an excuse to keep the faction challenges. I would imagine the Romani faction mission was in the main story to help introduce it to players and let them know all those side missions were there... except they're not there.

JumpInTheFire13
02-01-2012, 12:04 AM
I knew that twenty_glyphs but technically in Brotherhood each faction had another mission that was actually a story mission. So I don't count the Romanies one in Revelations as a side mission.