PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the Assassin in Ac 3 will be like?

Lonesoldier2012
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I'd like him to be more like Altair towards the end. with a mixture of humor and shenanigans. like he pulls pranks. like throwing idk water at women and lamb's blood bombs at guards just for kicks. what do you want the next Assassin to be like?

PurpleHaze1980
02-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Who says the next Assassin will be a man? If Shao Jun Assassin in Embers was anything to go by in relation to AC3, the main protagonist could be female. Personally, I would like to see Shao Jun as the next Ancestor...but it's not likely to happen considering that would mean that she had to be in Desmond's bloodline and I can't see it happening sadly (however, for a future Animus user, she may still turn up for all we know).

But yeah, it could be possible that the next ancestor could be female. Females are definitely known to be the deadlier sex (look at the insect and animal world) and if they don't overly sexualise the character (for example, if they don't give her huge gravity defying bosoms, an eight inch waist and massive child rearing hips and a backside like a pair of beach balls), then it could work. Especially with a female Assassin who was smaller of stature, very petite and quicker than the male alternatives we've played up until now.

I really don't want to see another Alta´r...he was very stoic and I didn't really have too much liking for him (he lacked character and was TOO driven), and I don't want to see another young Ezio who was as you mentioned, one of humour and shenanigans (don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it's been done now). I also don't really want to see another old Ezio, who seemed to have become far too serious (shadow of himself...made me sad).

Either sex of character is fine as long as the character is interesting and at least has some kind of proper drive and is not necessarily just carried by the wind nor just told constantly what to do and who to take out. Would like to see some kind of system integrated into the game so that the player can have choices to change who the ancestor is/will become (like in the Infamous games and The Witcher games where good/evil choices are made and what you pick changes things throughout the game but everything ultimately leads to the same goal/outcome).

I want to see some new skills (I mentioned somewhere in another thread that a skill like being able to hide in shadows like in the 'Thief' games would be awesome and it'd allow more use with Eagle vision).

twenty_glyphs
02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm really digging the idea of a female Assassin who is not as strong or big as Ezio, but who is faster, more agile and stealthier. It would give a lot of possibilities for new gameplay elements, especially with the combat. I have never really liked the combat in any AC game. It's just too slow and monotonous for me, even with the killstreak addition (which I can never seem to get the hang of). Perhaps in combat a female Assassin would have to rely more on disarming opponents and moving from opponent to opponent quickly. I've been picturing a female thief character who becomes an Assassin. She could hide faster and easier than Ezio, and possibly climb faster and more gracefully.

dxsxhxcx
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't think we'll play with a female ancestor while Desmond is the one using the animus, since the user needs to achieve a certain level of synchronization with the ancestor to be able to see his/her memories, IMO trying to access the memories of a female ancestor would be a lot more difficult than doing the same with a male ancestor (the user being a male, of course), without count with the fact that the Bleeding Effect could affect him somehow... unless they come with a excuse that the animus was upgraded what made possible for him to see the memories of a female ancestor without problems, what IMO would be lame because are some of the restrictions the animus has (like not being able to see the memories of the ancestor after he had the child who would be our next ancestor) that make what we saw of the ancestor's life so important...

ON TOPIC: I hope the next assassin looks a lot more like Altair (serious and wise) than Ezio, the same applies for his robes, I hope they're more simple like Altair's robes in AC1...

PurpleHaze1980
02-06-2012, 08:12 AM
We probably won't see a female Assassin in Desmond's line (true) but I've seen various interviews that indicate that when Desmond's story ends, it's not the end of the franchise. It may be that Shao Jun was introduced as a hint that she will be a playable ancestor in a future Animus user?

But yeah, the idea of having a female Assassin who was leaner, smaller and much quicker would be such an advantage and change to current game play. I do agree that killing can get a little monotonous at times. Instead of alot of heavy melee, the female Assassin could have some great stealth moves (perhaps hanging from a beam with her legs and stabbing a person walking below in the neck/head/shoulder with her hidden blade), or some of the more inventive moves seen in the multiplayer modes. There could be skills like walking on wires (if she was slight of stature and small) with superb balance and hiding in small shadowed areas (corners, etc) while using eagle vision to 'see perfectly in the dark' for the ultimate stealth kill.

There's alot of potential. Hopefully happens one day...