PDA

View Full Version : Games every year?

kaileena750
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi, I want to know if after the release of AC3, Ubisoft is going to keep releasing games every year or if they´re gonna let the franchise rest for some years. I have seen different notices and ones say something while the others say the opposite. So?

SixKeys
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
No-one knows for sure yet. The devs have been saying they think the series should take a break after AC3 while Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft, was very enthusiastic about the yearly development cycles in a recent interview. Personally I hope they will take a break after AC3 for at least another 2 years, but I'm kind of afraid that if the game does well (as it most likely will), the bigwigs will take that as a sign that they shouldn't slow down.

kenshijr
01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Honestly I want to say that in an interview some of the staff of ubisoft was saying they might have installments after AC3 and of course it didnt sound like dlc. I also read that a possibility that can take place is have Ezio's pure whole story of AC. since he has become an icon and has 3 games. they say they might go depth with that. I personally think that would be awesome, hes pretty much everyones favorite. But they could have things from the time frame after ACB and before ACR. Anything is possible with ubisoft.

-I just dont think ubisoft will drop dead cold turkey on AC franchise, it has brought success.

kaileena750
01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Prince of Persia was also a successful franchise until Ubisoft got the AC fever. So, there´s nothing sure. Great ... So the Prince of Persia Fans cannot be sure when we will get a new POP since the POP team works for AC.

I dont know what they´re thinking, I´ve stopped playing AC games since Ubi started with that fever, but for what I have read, Revelations is very similar to the previous games ... And I have read that in different sites. If Ubi is intelligent, they should stop making ACs and, in addition to give it a break, focus on POP a bit more, since its the reason why AC was born.

Thanks for the information. But if you get any news with something more specific about this, it would be really helpful.

kriegerdesgottes
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Right now it's a mystery. It seems like they go back and forth. Jean Francois said Brotherhood would be the last until 2012. He was wrong. Then Alex Amancio recently said that after ACIII we are going to take more time to make the games. Then Yves Guillemot (http://www.play.tm/tag/Yves-Guillemot/) says that the annual thing is working just fine so what it sounds like to me is that the producers and developers are trying to convince the big wigs at Ubisoft to let them take more time with the game and they are being shot down by greedy Ubisoft heads.

lukaszep
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
The developers want to get off the 1 year cycle thing, Yves Guillemot wants to do the 1 year cycle thing. At the end of the day, what Guillemot says, goes, because he's in charge. Unfortunately.

JumpInTheFire13
01-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Greedy people seem to ruin everything

kaileena750
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Ubisoft could have worked on both franchises, making one game, then focusin on the other and so, giving it time to rest. But no, they focus in one making games again and again and the other franchise is there ... left aside. AC is sadly doomed to fail if Ubi keeps going like this. If they dont stop, I dont really think the game will have "new" things for much longer.

phoenix-force411
01-31-2012, 01:13 AM
I believe they shouldn't do this yearly cycle. Not a lot of new features can be implemented in time. It takes a year to make a game and the rest is all of the other accessories maybe. But yes, I believe they are taking a break after Assassin's Creed III this year. I don't think the MP should be in the main sequels though, because they will run out of ideas very quickly. I love ACB and ACR, and most likely will love ACIII as well, but yes, they need a break. Like seriously. An Assassin's Creed game costs thousands of dollars to make. I hope AC3 has lots of sequences and a lot more like the first game of ACII. Remember that Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations all make up Assassin's Creed II. So if you think about it, Ezio's story has more than 30 sequences in total! Now, going to the Prince of Persia. Although we know that Assassin's Creed was born from Prince of Persia, it went it's own separate direction and became a main hit within the Ubisoft community within less the amount of years that it took Prince of Persia. Which is why it is Ubisoft's most anticipated title as well.

JumpInTheFire13
01-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Sequences mean nothing though. The last sequence in Revelations only has 3 memories, and I think some in AC2 had over 10.

phoenix-force411
01-31-2012, 02:09 AM
You don't believe, you know! And it did, It had over 30. :P

kriegerdesgottes
01-31-2012, 04:40 AM
. Like seriously. An Assassin's Creed game costs thousands of dollars to make.l.

More like several millions. I believe the budget for the first one was about 20 million and every one so far has been more than that. I agree with the rest of your post although I personally feel that POP had already basically died out by the time that AC came on the scene. Not that POP isn't freaking awesome because it is but I think it was pretty dead already by AC1 unfortunately. Whatever though it had a great run and a couple abomination titles after two thrones.

JumpInTheFire13
01-31-2012, 07:07 AM
I've never played the SOT Trilogy, it was a bit before my time as all I played back then was racing games. I liked The Forgotten Sand though. I should really buy the HD remake of that trilogy... Anyways I think if Ubisoft quits making AC games for a while after AC3 they should definitely make a new POP game.