PDA

View Full Version : No way to access tutorials? Skip cut-scenes?

merckk
01-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Is there seriously no way to access the in game tutorials other then to replay the very first memory sequence and wait to get the prompt? And then i have to skip them one by one until i get the one i want? Really?

And to make it worse, i'll have to watch the same cut-scene every time because it appears there's no way to skip them.

Those seem like pretty basic features the game should have, especially since the manual doesn't seem to include all the moves and combo's that the tutorial explains how to do.

Now if only i could remember how to do a counter-kill.

Anykeyer
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
It is possible to skip most cut-scenes, just open game's menu.
And I often see tutorial prompts in animus black room loading screen.

merckk
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
How do skip cut-scenes? I've tried pressing esc, space, left mouse, right mouse, enter - nothing works.

And when you say you see tutorial prompts - do you mean when it's loading up a new area? Is there no way to just go to the tutorials? It's seems beyond stupid that they'd go through the trouble of making tutorials, and then not give you a way to access which ever tutorial you need to brush up on.

Anykeyer
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I told you. Open menu (esc) and then you will see "skip cutscene" option (more often than not at least).
Yes, for tutorial prompts I meant loading new area (and also loading your game session from main menu).

merckk
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
If i enable that option in the menu, does it automatically skip all cutscenes? Or do i have to press a key to skip a scene? I'd try it out right now but i'm in the middle of reinstalling windows so it'll be a while before i can try it again.

I dont remember seeing a prompt for the tutorial on the loading screen, but I'll take a closer look when i get the game installed again.

Thanks

SixKeys
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
If i enable that option in the menu, does it automatically skip all cutscenes? Or do i have to press a key to skip a scene? I'd try it out right now but i'm in the middle of reinstalling windows so it'll be a while before i can try it again.

You don't have to press any bu-tton to skip, just click on "Skip cinematic". It's not "enabling" an option, it just means you can skip that particular cut scene. It does not automatically skip any other cut scenes.

merckk
01-31-2012, 12:26 AM
ahhh - ok. open the menu DURING a cut-scene and i'll see that option. Pretty sure i tried pressing esc during the cut-scene and nothing happened, but maybe not. I'll give it a try. Thanks

TheJezinka
11-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah, pressing the menu both on controller and ESC on keyboard does NOTHING for the Sequence 1/2 cutscenes. Would really love to have that option.

The only option there is to Continue the cutscene or disable dialogues. :S

TheJezinka
12-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Seems to me only truly in-game-engine cutscenes are skippable. But the pre-rendered ones are not. I wish the developers would fix this sooooooon.

TheJezinka
12-01-2015, 12:32 AM
It's SO RANDOM though. Once you kill a templar - seq 1 - and you can skip the last words, seq 2 you can't. Evie reads the map, can't skip. Looks around, can skip. Looks on the electric machine, can't skip..... Giving report to assassin, can skip. AC Logo, can't skip. "Real world" events, can't skip talking without image, then can skip the camera feed... >_<

YazX_
12-01-2015, 12:41 AM
This is an old thread and not for AC Syndicate, for AC Syndicate hold Space bar to skip cut scenes and most of them can be skipped, just few that cannot especially in prologue.

Anyway, no need to revive old thread for a totally different game, if you have specific issue that about ACS and has no threads opened for it, please open a new thread about this issue.

Thanks