PDA

View Full Version : do you like the peices of eden/twcb part of the story?

lothario-da-be
01-29-2012, 05:42 PM
isnt it a bit stupid actually gods and men whoe came before us?wouldnt it be better if it just was the assassin templar war,abstergo industries and the animus.that would be normal but now if feels a bit stupid/impossible.
anybody feeling this too?

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Nope..:)

ElvisMasur
01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I think it's a good break to all the ancient stuff. And it gave a new perspective to the story.

SixKeys
01-29-2012, 06:07 PM
If there were no Pieces of Eden, the war between Assassins and Templars probably wouldn't even exist, at least not on the same scale. The reason both sides fight each other is because they're afraid one will gain control over an extremely powerful weapon and use it to change the world.

I like the sci-fi angle, it makes the whole story more mysterious and interesting.

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
what would be the purpose to use the animus if there wasn't the TWCB part of the story?!

D.I.D.
01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
No, I'm not keen on it. It was intriguing at one point, when it looked like it could have tentacles running into all kinds of religious mythology, but now it's just some nonsense about people who speak in sentence fragments and wear ridiculous neon robes and big hats. It looks like all the least imaginative and cheesy bits of sci-fi balled together. I hope they kill it in AC3 and never speak of it again. It's a layer the story doesn't need.

fightnbluehen
01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
The whole point of the game is the pieces of Eden/TWCB story - everything is built around that. Otherwise, you're just a killer in a hood.

lukaszep
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I love it. It adds to the whole scope and conspiracy part of the franchise and put the Templar-Assassin war in perspective. It's a great mythology, and i hope we still get to hear about it from time to time after AC3 (although, maybe not as much as AC2-AC3, just a bit of information every now and then) unless there is a whole new arc concerning TWCB.

kriegerdesgottes
01-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Eh I admit I never did like that aspect of the story but whatever. I feel that the historic content and the general badassery of the character makes up for the rather stupid piece of eden plot line that is not a big deal to me. I honestly am more interested in walking around historically recreated places and the character development of everyone than the whole TWTCB and piece of eden stuff so I feel it cancels out.

sticks165
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
without the POE and TWCB the AC series would suck

notafanboy
01-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Eh I admit I never did like that aspect of the story but whatever. I feel that the historic content and the general badassery of the character makes up for the rather stupid piece of eden plot line that is not a big deal to me. I honestly am more interested in walking around historically recreated places and the character development of everyone than the whole TWTCB and piece of eden stuff so I feel it cancels out.
i swear, every time i read one of your posts it's like you take the words right out of my mouth. it is starting to get a little bit freaky to be honest:p

naran6142
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
the TWCB plot line is what combines all the games together, it adds the mystery and stuff like that

i think at some point Ubi is going to make a game without that side to the story, but that will be a whole other story

LightRey
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Naran's right. The TWCB/modern day part is what connects everything.

rileypoole1234
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Yes Naran and Rey are correct. What would they have as a substitute for TWCB? There would be no guessing, no real twists. I actually think it's great. It adds a lot of mystery I think.

Kaxen6
01-30-2012, 04:47 AM
I have a hard time keeping my suspension of disbelief, but eh...

Voltige2011
01-30-2012, 05:30 AM
I like it as long as it gets get a mystery. My reactions since ACI
ACI: Oh what a surprise.
ACII: OMG a future lady.
ACB: Oh look another glowing lady.
ACR: Seriously? I just saw two people with the same motif. Just put me back in the Animus...

Its neither a mystery nor surprising anymore. People on the wiki were speculating for months about the third one to be revealed. More importantly, why do Desmond's ancestors only use apples? Mario found a shroud hidden under his villa and sent in to Giovanni. Altair suspected someone of having the sword of eden. I just hope AC3 lets us at least see a new piece.

GLHS
01-30-2012, 09:14 AM
That's the whole point of the Assassin's Creed story, and honestly, it's what keeps me wanting more and keeps me so intrigued. That's what all of the "omg wtf?" moments are from, and what made the endings of AC2 and AC:B so epic. I don't believe that the series would be as unique or mystery ridden without it, and it would seriously downgrade the allure of what has made AC such a success in the first place. I see no reason why it should be scrapped now or should've been before.

LightRey
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I like it as long as it gets get a mystery. My reactions since ACI
ACI: Oh what a surprise.
ACII: OMG a future lady.
ACB: Oh look another glowing lady.
ACR: Seriously? I just saw two people with the same motif. Just put me back in the Animus...

Its neither a mystery nor surprising anymore. People on the wiki were speculating for months about the third one to be revealed. More importantly, why do Desmond's ancestors only use apples? Mario found a shroud hidden under his villa and sent in to Giovanni. Altair suspected someone of having the sword of eden. I just hope AC3 lets us at least see a new piece.

It's not what you see in the games, it's what those things say and what they imply.